PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Gabriel Tomasi said:

By the way, I don't agree with you :
    Having notified the PS4 compatibility on their website in the first place although Sony had not allowed them to do so was a major mistake.
    This is incorrect. Fanatec hardware was compatible with PS4 because up until now Sony explicitly stated that it was up to game developers to support whatever hardware. So if hardware was made to work on the PS4 and game developers had the SDK to support the hardware, it was effectively compatible.There wasn't any kind of 'Sony-approved PS4 compatibility licensing' until now, Sony has changed the above approach of letting the game devs decide on hardware support.

Remco has been correct in all he's said. I've said the same thing a few times myself. Some people are going to believe what they want and will never accept the truth. What I don't understand is if you're not buy Sony or Fanatec anymore and you've moved on to PC why even follow/comment on this thread? Surely you have better things to do with your time.
    It´s not about believing or blaming, fact is there was a PS4 compatibility and the base was sold with it. So the first one who is responsible from my point of view is the company who sold me the hardware which was compatible at that point of time. The compatibility was the point for me to move from the CSW V1 to V2 (it turns out that this would´t have been necessary but I still enjoy my V2). So I see the manufacturer in the lead to solve this problem. That Sony changed the rules is not fair but a solution for the customer only can be made between Fanatec and Sony.
    I´m still hoping for a fitting solution and when this means that I have to buy a new hub like for Xbox, than I´m really fine with it. 
    Nevertheless moving to the PC won´t get us any further as the people that spend such an amount of money for equipment are not really the target group of Sony, so they don´t care about this little percentage of players. Another point why I see Fanatec as the only one who can help us!
  • Antoine, just read that H-shifters is not working, not even the Thrustmaster TH8. This will be resolved with the day 1 patch.
    Could be the reason for your problems maybe?

"Just a quick question: can you use a thrust master shifter with the fanatec the PS4?
    It doesn´t work at the moment. Also the th8 shifters don´t work. I think, this will be fixed with the day one patch, because you have a option for "h-shifters". But when you turn it on, you can´t shift with it."

Yeah mine works fine, been doing career with it !!! I've turned H shifter on and it works fine. You can use a TM shifter, but you need a basherboard adapter. But for me living in Belgium way to expensive.
  • Gabriel Tomasi said:

By the way, I don't agree with you :
    Having notified the PS4 compatibility on their website in the first place although Sony had not allowed them to do so was a major mistake.
    This is incorrect. Fanatec hardware was compatible with PS4 because up until now Sony explicitly stated that it was up to game developers to support whatever hardware. So if hardware was made to work on the PS4 and game developers had the SDK to support the hardware, it was effectively compatible.There wasn't any kind of 'Sony-approved PS4 compatibility licensing' until now, Sony has changed the above approach of letting the game devs decide on hardware support.

Remco has been correct in all he's said. I've said the same thing a few times myself. Some people are going to believe what they want and will never accept the truth. What I don't understand is if you're not buy Sony or Fanatec anymore and you've moved on to PC why even follow/comment on this thread? Surely you have better things to do with your time.
    It´s not about believing or blaming, fact is there was a PS4 compatibility and the base was sold with it. So the first one who is responsible from my point of view is the company who sold me the hardware which was compatible at that point of time. The compatibility was the point for me to move from the CSW V1 to V2 (it turns out that this would´t have been necessary but I still enjoy my V2). So I see the manufacturer in the lead to solve this problem. That Sony changed the rules is not fair but a solution for the customer only can be made between Fanatec and Sony.
    I´m still hoping for a fitting solution and when this means that I have to buy a new hub like for Xbox, than I´m really fine with it. 
    Nevertheless moving to the PC won´t get us any further as the people that spend such an amount of money for equipment are not really the target group of Sony, so they don´t care about this little percentage of players. Another point why I see Fanatec as the only one who can help us!
    This wouldn't be a issue had Sony not changed the rules. And yes to get gaming on PS4 Fanatec needs to do their part. But they can only do what Sony allows-when Sony allows. To act as if Fanatec just needs to make a rim is wrong. Sony obviously wants to be in total control now. We have no idea what that actually entails. This may be very easy for Fanatec to accomplish and it could turn out to be very difficult. That rests entirely on Sony.
  • FOUND IT!!!! the game doesn't assume you're at a wheel like PCars does. You have to choose the wheel in the options screen. YESSSSSSSSS

one question what base and what wheel are you using ?

the wheel is fullly working with asseto on PS 4 ? menu gameplay everithing.

Please let us know, i could get the bgame this afternoon but i ml only fanatec ps 4 combo so ineed to be sure it s working

thanks

Currently I'm using the V2 base with fw 185 with BMW rim, V3 pedals and the SQ V1.5 shifter. But the game freezes a lot and restart of the game is necessary to continue. So I'm gonna try fw 142 again, see if it's different. I'm also gonna test if I can play the game using the X1 CSL rim and X1 hub tonight. And I don't mind being the guinea pig for you guys. ;)

got the game cw v2 bmw rim working fine with fw 142, the ffb feels ok but is very weak any seeetings ?

sincerly hope a day 1 patch will not ruin the compatibility

To me FFB feels weak too. While friends a race with, have T300, have to turn in game FFB down cause feels too strong for them. I've turned OFF ALL auto updates. Cause rumors also are spreading that PS update 4.00 might cause that our gear won't work with PCars and Dirt anymore. But I don't know if that's true ! And ofcourse a day one patch will remove Fanatec compatibility
  • I´m using 4.00 beta and my Fanatec gear is working fine in PCars, I´ve not tested Dirt since the update...
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited August 2016
    This wouldn't be a issue had Sony not changed the rules. And yes to get gaming on PS4 Fanatec needs to do their part. But they can only do what Sony allows-when Sony allows. To act as if Fanatec just needs to make a rim is wrong. Sony obviously wants to be in total control now. We have no idea what that actually entails. This may be very easy for Fanatec to accomplish and it could turn out to be very difficult. That rests entirely on Sony.
    I´m not acting as this would be an easy fix nor just releasing a new rim. If it would be that easy Fanatec would have made it already...I´m just stating that in my point of view the manufacturer of my premium hardware is the only one who can solve this issue. I´m sure that they are working hard on a solution behind the curtain, let´s hope that we get some good news soon.
  • edited August 2016
    Guinea pig news: I can positively confirm that FOR NOW the X1 hub and CSL P1 wheel work with AC!!!! Just as long as you choose the WHEEL FUNCTION in the options --> controls screen and you're good to go. First turn on ps4, then start up the wheel, set it to ps4 mode, if necessary, start up the game with the controller and start up the game on the wheel when asked to push the X sign. Choose wheel function if not already done and drive !! Ps. For more FFB. Just turn up the FOR in the wheel settings menu (on the wheel that is ;) ) !! And going back to latest non beta fw to test if I get no more freezes.
  • I´m using 4.00 beta and my Fanatec gear is working fine in PCars, I´ve not tested Dirt since the update...
    Thnx for clearing up that dark cloud Lars. Much appreciated !!
  • Hi. I was planning on buying Fanatec, but due to all these problems and insecurities I have bought a t300 yesterday. Would rather buy the Fanatec gear, but I just don't trust it atm with compatibility on ps4. A real shame. Maybe in the future when things are settled..... Can't afford this kind of money with the chance of these problems. I also hope when Fanatec will be officially licenced, it wil not be with a ps4 rim only, I rather have the other wheels without the PlayStation buttons and logo's. Lets hope things will get clear soon. While it is maybe not the fault of Fanatec, it is really a shame the customers are the victims here for all party's involved.
  • Hi. I was planning on buying Fanatec, but due to all these problems and insecurities I have bought a t300 yesterday. Would rather buy the Fanatec gear, but I just don't trust it atm with compatibility on ps4. A real shame. Maybe in the future when things are settled..... Can't afford this kind of money with the chance of these problems. I also hope when Fanatec will be officially licenced, it wil not be with a ps4 rim only, I rather have the other wheels without the PlayStation buttons and logo's. Lets hope things will get clear soon. While it is maybe not the fault of Fanatec, it is really a shame the customers are the victims here for all party's involved.

I completely understand u can use the fanatec pedals with the t300. By using a bash board and that works great Have done so to start with

I completely understand u can use the fanatec pedals with the t300. By using a bash board and that works great Have done so to start with
    Tnx! Will that work on ps4? No problems with the pedals not working? And where do I get a bash board?

Tnx! Will that work on ps4? No problems with the pedals not working? And where do I get a bash board?

No problem the bashboard convert the fanatec pedals to the t300 so the t300 Thinks it is thrustmaster pedals. And yes it workshop without Any problems on ps4, I have one Im NOT ising anymore, Im in Denmark. but u Can get it from US
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Rest assured that we are anything but happy about this situation. Sony changed their position on wheel comnpatibility and there is nothing we could do except trying to find an agreement with them. And no, it is not about money. ;-)

If we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new.

Please stay with us. We are the only company out there who has at least made some racing titles compatible with your old racing wheels. We care about you as much as we can.

• THANK YOU Thomas for your reply!!! This will do a lot of the angry ones good. I sure hope you don't have to release a licences wheel first before everything else becomes compatible again. I still am a believer ;)
  • Thanks for your update! Hope you get it sorted out with Sony and it won't take too long! Cheers!
  • Time to sell your T300 again Gerben lol
  • Thanks Thomas, hope to have good news soon .... what Sony is doing with its users no name but that would have to get angry and say something about Sony are the developers and companies as this causes reduction sales their products.

P.D: If there is no solution with Assetto hopefully be solved in future games because I do not like to get rid of my Porsche 911 cars being stuck in Project Dirt racing and F1 2015
  • Time to sell your T300 again Gerben lol
    Wanna trade? ;)
  • If we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new.

So this sounds like the CSW V1 & V2 bases will never be PS4 compatible then.
  • If we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new.

Unfortunately this sounds not very promising.
  • Just curious, Its seems like the XBOX things went on well....
    If we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new.

Unfortunately this sounds not very promising.
    It must be, if you look at XBOX 1 the V2 base works, just the hub/rims that are certified for XB1.
  • Which part of this: steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new, you don't understand ? The V1 af V2 bases are also the ones that hold the firmware, not the rim !! So yes the bases are needed to keep on playing on ps4 and of course hopefully the older wheels, like Porsche 911 etc, too
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited August 2016
    I do understand, but think its strange that XB1 supports V2 base without any issues (just buy hub or wheel). 
    Maybe MS is better to deal with then Sony....

But if this is all true, then PS4 is no more. Have XB1 and PC already and wont buy another base for PS4. We just have to see what happenes.

-----

Upgradeable compatibility to "XB1" consoles
    Attach optional ClubSport Steering Wheels to make this Wheel Base compatible to the latest gaming 

• Rest assured that we are anything but happy about this situation. Sony changed their position on wheel comnpatibility and there is nothing we could do except trying to find an agreement with them. And no, it is not about money. ;-)

Please stay with us. We are the only company out there who has at least made some racing titles compatible with your old racing wheels. We care about you as much as we can.

Thank you Thomas. It does sounds like something positive will eventually happen but I don't think CSWv1/2 owners will get the result they want. I read in to this that there is a CSL PS4 wheel base coming which would allow us to use all our existing gear (rims etc) but this would effectively be a downgrade on the wheel base. If this is the case then I too am done with Sony and PS4 and will switch to PC racing. Such a shame that Fanatec have been put in this position. Of course this is just speculation. 
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited August 2016
    Maybe Fanatec can convince Sony that the CSW users are important for future system/software sales as well. And that Sony will loose profit when most of the CSW owners are changing to PC...
  • edited August 2016
    I agree with Remco 100%... Look at the Big picture... Fanatec will go out of business if they do Not/ can Not provide support for their wheels with Current game titles...Fact!!! I do Not believe this to be their intent to Go out of Business. I My self am affected by this... I bought a PS4 for the sole reason of using My fanatec Gear when Sony said that the Current wheels would work if the Game Devs chose to program in wheel support...Fact. What Game Dev would Not choose to program in wheel support if the are ALLOWED to? programming in wheel support for current wheels will sell More Games... Fact!!! Sony has gotten Greedy after realizing just how Much $$$ Racing Games Make and are Now Extorting Fanatec/ Game Devs for Licensing Fees!!! Sony has Now changed their policy out of Greed!!! either way they will make $$$ because you are Now Stuck with a system that can Not be used and enjoyed the way you the consumer intended unless you buy New officially Licened equipment Which most will do!!! They Know this they also Know that Fanatec/ Game Devs will Pony up the $$$ because if their Wheels/Games will Not work they will sell Less Wheels/Games!!! So yes Fanatec and Game Devs will pay the Licencing Fee's and the Cost will get passed along to the Consumer!!! its Big Business unfortunatly thats just the way things work... We will Get PS4 wheel support but just be ready for a price increase. Remember MicroSoft got away with this first!!! but just in a less infuriating way because the XB1 Never supported older wheels from the start... therefore they left you the option to buy or Not to buy the XB1 as is Knowing you will have to buy a New wheel if you wanted to use wheels for racing... Although this was done out of Greed i can respect MS position on the matter because they were Honest... Sony how ever has sold Many PS4's under 1 policy and are Now changing the rules as they please... Sony has been Very Deceitful!!! I believe this was Sony's intent from the beginning!!! IMO i dont understand why MS/Sony just wont Charge the Consumer for a FW Down Load that Enables wheel Support...this is very possible for them to do... It could work the same way they as their DRM just only with Wheels... Also it would be better for the Consumer because you could Choose to download FW for the wheel you like to use and thats that... Doing this could also effectively Lower the price of Wheels because wheel manufacturers would Not have to pay Huge amounts for Licensing Fees that they Need to recoup by passing the cost to the consumer... The $$$ saved Not Paying Huge Licensing Fee's could be spent on reserch and development and Lead to Even Better wheels being produced!!! I have chosen to show My discontent with Sony by Building a Gaming PC and will Refuse to buy PS4 Games and products!!! Yes even their Movies!!! This will Not affect Fanatec/Game Devs because i can still support Fanatec/Game Devs buying their Wheels/Games to use on PC and i get to enjoy My Fanatec Gear and sim Racing at a even Higher Level!!! after Racing on PC i wonder if i ever really Sim Raced on Console...The Diff is Huge!!! Show discontent to Sony by Refusing to Buy PS4 products!!! Only then will they change!!! It worked before... MS/Sony had to change their DRM policy because No one was planning to buy their Console systems... They Changed their DRM policy because of that!!! We can Make them Change again if we refuse to buy their product. IMO This is Not Fanatecs Fault!
  • They are talking about the day one patch here :

http://frontforen.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=70599&pageNo=6

Unfortunately I don't speak german.
    If someone does would he be so kind to explain to me what is said ?
  • But I think there are in an Xbox discussion on this page. Has nothing to do with Fanatec and PS4...
  • I gladly bought f1 2016 assuming it would work on my PS4 with wheelbase v2 clubsport, since it played beautifully on F1 2015. Boy was I wrong! What a waste of money, my setup is only 1 year old and costs way over 1000 Euros (f1 rim, v3 pedals).

Is there any hope this will get sorted by Fanatec and Sony in the near future so that we can use our Fanatec product as intended?

Or is it time to buy the inferior, but by now apparently superior, Thursmaster 300RS instead?

Thank you,

A disappointed customer.