PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• junho kim said:
    야이 개새끼들아 니네 그란스포츠 나올때까지 라이센스 못받으면 내가 아주 내꺼 파나텍 껴앉고 트마랑 맞교환한다!!!!!!!!
    이런 개새끼들 --
    Post are to be English only FYI
  • edited August 2016
    I've rebought myself AC for ps4 and I can CONFIRM that it works in the menus but that's it I turned on my PS4, scrolled the menus and that worked fine...so I thought everything would. Had dinner and now sitting on my rig to try...but nothing happens...only controller.
  • I've rebought myself AC for ps4 and I can CONFIRM that it works with my V2, V3, X1 hub, BMW GT3 rim and SQ shifter. I've turned off EVERY update possibility and hope that I can still get online when that day one patch hits the PS, cause I won't download it !!!

How can u buy it before its release date ??
  • Antoine..... this is exactly my point I have been trying to make, you don't have to have 1600 bucks, dollars or pounds to get yourself started on PC bruv, You can get yourself a decent modular PC for just over the price of a console 400 bucks,and that will get you up and running.
    swap out graphics card and such, when you want to.

tbh there are people that will moan and do nothing, and there are people that will find a way, by teaching themselves.

There's so much information out there.  Sorry Antoine but to hear lazy comments like that just infuriates me . again sorry bud 

>:)
    No offence taken mate. But I do have a similar PC like you describe...but I refuse to use it cause the graphics look like I'm back on my ps3 again. I go the good way or no way at all...don't wanna keep spending little money on buying a new graphics card to come to the conclusion that I need a new motherboard because of that and then thinking of buying a processor along the way cause that won't be compatible too...and so on. 1 big spending and that's it!!
  • I've rebought myself AC for ps4 and I can CONFIRM that it works with my V2, V3, X1 hub, BMW GT3 rim and SQ shifter. I've turned off EVERY update possibility and hope that I can still get online when that day one patch hits the PS, cause I won't download it !!!
    The good thing is, you can delete the game data if the patch is downloaded. So you can try it with day 1 patch and if it does not work you can start from beginning without the patch...
  • But if you dont have same game versions as other players i dont think u can race online?

How can u buy it before its release date ??
    Some stores here in the Netherlands are selling it since last Friday. And I've gotta edit my post. Menus work fine. Can scroll from left to right and vice versa, button X and O work...but that's about it. In the options screen there's a PS controller visible and not a wheel...so...big bummer
  • AC seems to work :

Too bad I don't speak german and cannot understand the comments...
  • Seems that he's still on fw 142. Already on it to downgrade
  • Well I am on fw 142 too. I wasn't aware there was a new firmware ??
    I only see v231 on the drivers page.
  • FOUND IT!!!! the game doesn't assume you're at a wheel like PCars does. You have to choose the wheel in the options screen. YESSSSSSSSS
  • Great, Antoine ! I am very happy for you ! Now you must test it and give us your impressions ! ;)
    If you look at all different topics...you'll see beta drivers too. I'm testing beta drivers. https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/190/fanatec-beta-driver-v250-incl-new-firmwares-25-05-2016#latest This driver includes a new beta firmware for my BMW rim. 185. Don't know if it's also 185 on my X1 hub or if it's gonna be 176. Testing that tomorrow. Now to play AC ;)
  • Hello ,someone knows if Assetto Corsa ps4 powered turbo porsche 911 s.
    Thank you.
    If you look at all different topics...you'll see beta drivers too. I'm testing beta drivers. https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/190/fanatec-beta-driver-v250-incl-new-firmwares-25-05-2016#latest This driver includes a new beta firmware for my BMW rim. 185. Don't know if it's also 185 on my X1 hub or if it's gonna be 176. Testing that tomorrow. Now to play AC ;)
    Thanks Antoine for your reply. I will stick to my fw 142 since I am not a big fan of beta drivers (and apparently AC won't work with new beta fw).

I cross my fingers for you and hope it will work fine. Seems like you are our guinea pig here ! ;)
  • There's no bloody security chip required. Thrustmaster's wheels are all compatible with every PS4 racing game, and only the T80, T150, and T300 are fully compatible with PS4. The T100 and T500 don't work in the PS4's menus, only in game like our Fanatec wheels used to. The difference? Fanatec never used to have an official PS4 wheel. Now that they've got one on the horizon, they've dropped support of their old wheels to try to force people to buy their new official one.

Like I said previously, Logitech did the same thing, but they at least were open about their plans when this console gen began. Nobody was suckered into buying a G27 for PS4, only to have PS4 support dropped right before the G29 came out. 
    It is a very bad situation that wheels that used to work with the PS4 suddenly aren't supported anymore, but people should get their facts straight and stop blaming the wrong people.

Fanatec wheels have been compatible with the PS4 because there was never an official license needed, and support was implemented in games themselves. Now Sony has changed its policy w.r.t. hardware set-up, and they do not allow games to have native support for Fanatec hardware anymore. This has nothing to do with Fanatec stopping support on PS4, absolutely nothing.

A PS4 does not work with device drivers like a PC does, hardware can be supported directly from within the game and Sony never made a point about it. Now, with many games having such support implemented, Sony changes their policy. How is that Fanatec's fault, or for Fanatec to solve?
    Apparently Sony required Fanatec to come up with an officially licensed wheel, it was not mentioned that Fanatec should arrange something to keep their current hardware being supported in existing games. Maybe they're talking about that as well, but nobody knows whether Sony even considers that to be an option.

So please stop blaming Fanatec for 'stopping support', because it's Sony who's deciding here what hardware is being supported on PS4 and how.
  • Customers don't have to care about who's to blame. It's not their problem. They just deserve respect and service for what they have paid for.
    I don't care about who's to blame. I am feeling like I have been stabbed in the back.
    Sony and Fanatec don't want to communicate with their customers. Fine.
    Fact is I will never again buy Sony and Fanatec stuff. Probably I am not the only one. Maybe that will give them something to think on but it does not matter to me anymore.
  • FOUND IT!!!! the game doesn't assume you're at a wheel like PCars does. You have to choose the wheel in the options screen. YESSSSSSSSS

one question what base and what wheel are you using ?

the wheel is fullly working with asseto on PS 4 ? menu gameplay everithing.

Please let us know, i could get the bgame this afternoon but i ml only fanatec ps 4 combo so ineed to be sure it s working

thanks

• I bought that PlayStation 4 and support product fanatec.
    But should I do if you drop suddenly stopped in support of a PlayStation 4?
    To be falling victim to the company's fight is not?
    Don't you be solved quickly fanatec the problem?Later, he was still a lot of time if it doesn't work out, a real problem.
    Disappointing.
  • Perhaps all is not lost - I received the following reply from Fanatec a few moments ago...

Thomas is informed about the issue and I would recommend you to follow our blog in the next few days. Also we are working on it to come to a solution with Sony to keep up compatibility with future games on PS4.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience!
  • Right then...... nothing more to be said for a while then :)
  • edited August 2016
    Customers don't have to care about who's to blame. It's not their problem. They just deserve respect and service for what they have paid for.
    I don't care about who's to blame. I am feeling like I have been stabbed in the back.
    Sony and Fanatec don't want to communicate with their customers. Fine.
    Fact is I will never again buy Sony and Fanatec stuff. Probably I am not the only one. Maybe that will give them something to think on but it does not matter to me anymore.
    Customers should care about what has caused the problem, because people are now blaming Fanatec while it's not their fault.

There is no evidence that Fanatec does not want to communicate with their customers, in fact this forum is proof of the exact opposite. That Fanatec isn't giving information immediately when people demand it is an expectations issue, not a communication issue. Fanatec is working hard to resolve the issue, but that takes time.

It is understandable that people are disappointed (I am affected myself as well), but losing sight of reality and getting angry at everyone at everything does not solve anything.
  • edited August 2016
    I have earned the right to be angry. I just don't like uncertainty and being kept in the dark. I am just tired of not getting any answer from Sony and Fanatec. But I am not going to waste my time whining at them or whatever.

So I quit and go some other way which is PC. This is my own way of solving the problem.

That's as simple as that.

Edit :

Customers should care about what has caused the problem, because people are now blaming Fanatec while it's not their fault.

By the way, I don't agree with you :
    Having notified the PS4 compatibility on their website in the first place although Sony had not allowed them to do so was a major mistake.

But never mind. The point is I don't trust them anymore.

Please let us know, i could get the bgame this afternoon but i ml only fanatec ps 4 combo so ineed to be sure it s working

thanks

Currently I'm using the V2 base with fw 185 with BMW rim, V3 pedals and the SQ V1.5 shifter. But the game freezes a lot and restart of the game is necessary to continue. So I'm gonna try fw 142 again, see if it's different. I'm also gonna test if I can play the game using the X1 CSL rim and X1 hub tonight. And I don't mind being the guinea pig for you guys. ;)
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited August 2016
    Antoine, just read that H-shifters is not working, not even the Thrustmaster TH8. This will be resolved with the day 1 patch.
    Could be the reason for your problems maybe?

"Just a quick question: can you use a thrust master shifter with the fanatec the PS4?
    It doesn´t work at the moment. Also the th8 shifters don´t work. I think, this will be fixed with the day one patch, because you have a option for "h-shifters". But when you turn it on, you can´t shift with it."

• edited August 2016
    Gabriel Tomasi said:

Having notified the PS4 compatibility on their website in the first place although Sony had not allowed them to do so was a major mistake.
    This is incorrect. Fanatec hardware was compatible with PS4 because up until now Sony explicitly stated that it was up to game developers to support whatever hardware. So if hardware was made to work on the PS4 and game developers had the SDK to support the hardware, it was effectively compatible.There wasn't any kind of 'Sony-approved PS4 compatibility licensing' until now, Sony has changed the above approach of letting the game devs decide on hardware support.

• Antoine, just read that H-shifters is not working, not even the Thrustmaster TH8. This will be resolved with the day 1 patch.

"Just a quick question: can you use a thrust master shifter with the fanatec the PS4?
    It doesn´t work at the moment. Also the th8 shifters don´t work. I think, this will be fixed with the day one patch, because you have a option for "h-shifters". But when you turn it on, you can´t shift with it."

Day 1 patch will remove Fanatec support :(
  • Antoine, just read that H-shifters is not working, not even the Thrustmaster TH8. This will be resolved with the day 1 patch.

Day 1 patch will remove Fanatec support :(
    Any source on that statement?

thanks

Currently I'm using the V2 base with fw 185 with BMW rim, V3 pedals and the SQ V1.5 shifter. But the game freezes a lot and restart of the game is necessary to continue. So I'm gonna try fw 142 again, see if it's different. I'm also gonna test if I can play the game using the X1 CSL rim and X1 hub tonight. And I don't mind being the guinea pig for you guys. ;)

got the game cw v2 bmw rim working fine with fw 142, the ffb feels ok but is very weak any seeetings ?

sincerly hope a day 1 patch will not ruin the compatibility

• Gabriel Tomasi said:

This is incorrect. Fanatec hardware was compatible with PS4 because up until now Sony explicitly stated that it was up to game developers to support whatever hardware. So if hardware was made to work on the PS4 and game developers had the SDK to support the hardware, it was effectively compatible.There wasn't any kind of 'Sony-approved PS4 compatibility licensing' until now, Sony has changed the above approach of letting the game devs decide on hardware support.

Remco has been correct in all he's said. I've said the same thing a few times myself. Some people are going to believe what they want and will never accept the truth. What I don't understand is if you're not buy Sony or Fanatec anymore and you've moved on to PC why even follow/comment on this thread? Surely you have better things to do with your time.