PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Hmmm...Looking at Fanatec Face Book... Fanatec will be at the Expo this year... Im sure they will have a few suprises!!! We May wait a little longer than we want to but Thomas/Fanatec has Not let us Down yet!!! Im Pretty sure a Solution is on the Horizon.
    The solution will probably be a new PS4 wheel rim that only works on the V2 and costs £400 like the Xbox version. Whether this is a solution or not depends on if you have £1000 extra to drop on a V2 and rim whilst your previously compatible PS4 wheel sits around and does nothing.
    Fanatec offers the CSL P1 steering wheel for XboxOne and it's only $139.95 usd. I've got it and it's a very nice option for console racing IMO. https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/csl-steering-wheel-p1-for-xbox-one-usa.html
  • I have the P1 rim as well, and as an affordable solution it is great. I would be satisfied if Fanatec made a rim exactly lile the P1 but for PS4. A PS4 hub would be nice too for those who want the next level. Personally I race mostly on PC, I wouldn't mind buying a rim just for gran turismo on PS4 if it is affordable like the P1.
  • Just have faith in Fanatec...this announcement wasn't made for nothing. Once a PS wheel is revealed...it seems very unlikely that other rims still won't work on PS4. Cause I think it's very hard to exclude other wheels in firmware code ? With the X1 it's a whole other story cause the X1 wheels need a M$ chip. And again...I'd buy the PS wheel if needed. I don't wanna buy a 1500 bucks PC and Don't want the hassle of PC trouble.
  • I have just signed the petition
  • What is last known information about non-sony game developers games? Especially with oncoming F1 2016. CM's earlier 2015 supported Fanatec wheels with built in drivers, of course now they say that Fanatec are not "officially supported" but does ie. CSW's work just like in earlier game? Have Sony threatened companies that bad things happen if they include Fanatec support etc?

About add on wheel rims, for official support for PS4 it still would be easiest/cheapest solution for us who already have CSW base, although round general wheel rim suit only tintops and gt-style cars, formulas need different kind on rim.

• edited August 2016
    If Sony adds functionality to the PS4 firmware to stop games from supporting non-licensed wheels, anything is possible. It's not clear currently, though, whether it's purely Sony forbidding game developers to support non-licensed wheels, or that it will not be possible at all. If the former, older games will still work, if the latter, older games will stop working and the developers of these games would have to update their games with support for the new licensed wheels. That doesn't sound like something that will happen, but who knows.
  • If Sony adds functionality to the PS4 firmware to stop games from supporting non-licensed wheels, anything is possible. It's not clear currently, though, whether it's purely Sony forbidding game developers to support non-licensed wheels, or that it will not be possible at all. If the former, older games will still work, if the latter, older games will stop working and the developers of these games would have to update their games with support for the new licensed wheels. That doesn't sound like something that will happen, but who knows.
    I have taken MY PS4 off Auto Down load updates!!! I will only let the PS4 update after im sure that the update will Not stop Current games that support Fanatec wheels from working!!! it is better to Race off Line than it is to Not race at All. JMT
  • Im thinking that Sony dont Wont send every fanatec Owner over to Xbox by NOT certifieing the Fanatec wheel that would bring Sony to the grave in **** storm PS4 300€ Fanatec base cost more than a PS4 even one of the rims cost more than a PS4 so to hell with PS4 her I come Xbox Most games are both on PS4 and Xbox I even have steam mods on Xbox I don't have that on PS4
  • Craig CaponCraig Capon Member
    edited August 2016
    Oops, I posted something that had already been said re: F1 2016.

The issue is now moot for me, I sold my PS4 and so I will not be playing GT Sport.  I am exclusively a PC Gamer now.

• Craig I don't blame you tbh, The horrors that PC gaming had in the past are now very much few and far between.
    Most of us that are on console still have that stigma with PC that it's too much hassle.
    And the truth is... its so simple. I don't know how to build a PC. But my office PC that i use everyday and I bought two years ago with a basic i5 cpu, Can run iRacing no problem and yeah still has windows 7. 
    Been using it a few months now, for sim racing and not one problem.

Loads of sims to choose from, the awesome sounds of RaceRoom which is free to start of with. The structure and discipline of iRacing when you just want to jump on and at least try to have a fair and competitive race in pub lobbies. Or the immersion you can get from Project Cars with great resolution 4k if you want that type of thing.  games are much cheaper, and you can get a decent out of the box MODULAR PC for around £400, 
    Always room to improve your system at any time you wish. 

I'll still keep my PS4, 

But I will be getting a dedicated PC for gaming at some stage, but now I have tasted it, It is sweet. And the grass is sure greener :)

• Im Really Looking Into PC Gaming also... I Have a Decent PC i Can Run Assetto Corsa and I Racing 1080p No Problem... I just always Loved the ease of Plug and Play that Consol offers.
  • Im Really Looking Into PC Gaming also... I Have a Decent PC i Can Run Assetto Corsa and I Racing 1080p No Problem... I just always Loved the ease of Plug and Play that Consol offers.
    I 100% understand. That's what held me back for years. I made the leap to PC and I'm very happy. If you get into a lot of mods it is harder and you will have some rough days. But if you stick to official game content I'm sure you will be just fine.
  • yea, you start getting trouble's with pc's once you start messing with them
  • Someone on this forum pointed out that on the Fanatec CS Base V2 FAQ it was said that AC would be compatible on PS4 :

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43835/f1-2016-supported-wheels/p3

I found out that it has indeed been stated as you can see on the screenshot.

It it was true it would be great but I am still doubtfull because the FAQ seems a little outdated and things may have changed since then.

Does anyone know more about it ?

• edited August 2016
    edit

• Well, if AC is compatible with our Fanatec gear, what I'm assuming because of it came from pc platform. I don't feel the need to go out and buy a pc right now. I don't like RaceRoom, don't wanna keep paying every month to play iRacing, cause I'm not able to race each and every day. So I've got enough with PCars and AC
  • Someone on this forum pointed out that on the Fanatec CS Base V2 FAQ it was said that AC would be compatible on PS4 :

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43835/f1-2016-supported-wheels/p3

I found out that it has indeed been stated as you can see on the screenshot.

It it was true it would be great but I am still doubtfull because the FAQ seems a little outdated and things may have changed since then.

Does anyone know more about it ?

Very interesting... this post was made a While ago... Take notice that F1 2016 is Not Mentioned in the List of PS4 upcoming games that will be supported with Fanatec wheels... take Note that Assotto corsa is Listed here .https://www.fanatec.com/forum/uploads/FileUpload/c8/e4413b6a28f0d00f2df8a329123bb9.jpg ...Hhhhhmmmm???
  • edited August 2016
    Look at what the Kunos Co-owner and Production manager says !  :)>-

• edited August 2016
    Compatible and officially supported are two different things, and I don't really care. so long as it works how its supposed to.

I'm still getting AC for the PS4, based on what Marco said above.

And I'm still going to get a gaming PC in the future,      With any console these days, its becoming more prevalent that there are too many red tape barriers that other third party companies have to deal with. and rightly so. After all its a business.
    But when the last person in the pecking order (YOU the Costumer) has to swallow the bitter pill, it ain't gonna taste nice at all... ahem, cough , cough, F1 2016. 
    >:)
  • CM employee say in CM's F1 2016 forum

"Hi,

Fanatec wheels won't work with F1 2016."

Only announcement what they have given in thread which is about wheel support. Have to say that it's sad to see how companies
    give up and doesn't stand against sony's bullying. Maybe some rich guy/community could sue sony and make them suffer about this.
  • Statement with regards to Fanatec not being on the supported wheel list on PS4:

Codemasters will continue to support officially approved peripherals for PlayStation 4 in F1 2016. We appreciate that this is far from an ideal situation and as always we are making every effort we can to support our community. Sadly this matter is out of our hands, but we will continue our dialogue with both Sony and Fanatec to try to find a solution.

• the situation is clear for codemasters, now we need a response from FANATEC for the future of PS4 compatibility.

can i ask a refund for buying a compatible wheel one year ago and now doesn't work with new games ?
  • edited August 2016
    Thats the part that Hurts the Most is the Silence on both parts.. Sony and Fanatec...Even if its just to say we are working to resolve the Matter in the best way possible.... The Silence makes it seem like its a dead issue and can Never be resolved. But yet i will continue to Hope that a solution is on the way...
  • If Assetto Corsa still can manage to have our wheels working, then it's just a shitty excuse from CM. Scary little *******
  • edited August 2016
    It sound like a disturbance in The Force. No news from either Fanatec or Sony is very frustrating and it will probably go the way discribed by several of you. We have to invest again and our expensive wheels become useless. I have spend a lot on Fanatec gear over the years just to find out being left in the cold over and over again. And that has nothing to do with the quality of the gear they produce, which is more than fine and without an equivalent in their price range. It has to do with their long term vision and not getting their license **** together. In the end we are the losers who will draw their wallet again in order to preserve your investment (wheelbase and other non license pheripals)
    Its a bloody shame! 
  • edited August 2016
    My Next Move is Going to PC gaming!!! Im sure that the situation will get resolved and the V2/V1 wheels will work on PS4 some day....My Fanatec Customer Loyalty Remains intact...I just dont want to wait 2 years like it took for XBox1... When ever a solution is reached i will buy it...But... yes there is a but!!! LOL... I would like a Stand alone Rim for PS4 such as or equal to the Porsche 918 rim... Although the XB1 Hub i have gets the Job done its very Heavy and the extra weight diminishes the FFB feel IMO... I do Not Own a CSL Rim and Rather than have a Rim for PS4 that Mimics the CSL Rim design i would Rather spend the Extra $$$ and buy a wheel rim that is of greater Quality and Substance.... I went this far with a Fanatec set up i might as well Go all the way!!!
  • Yup I totally hear that, I got three other buddies ready and willing to make the move to PC, and it's nothing to do with Fanatec at all. In fact they all have Thrustmaster master wheels, We all gonna try to move around the same time, around Xmas. Just need to get the funds together. Which gives us plenty of research time.
  • edited August 2016
    deleted duplicae post.
  • Mark HaymanMark Hayman Member
    edited August 2016
    If Assetto Corsa still can manage to have our wheels working, then it's just a shitty excuse from CM. Scary little *******
    I doubt it's anything like that, it must be purely down to licensing issues. F1 is out the week before AC and they seem to be the only dev that's speaking out about the Fanatec issue. I'm sure a solution will be found but will the PS4 security chip issue rear it's ugly head again?? I really don't want to have to buy a PS4 specific rim, I want to use my existing GT and F1 rim. Would I have to send my CSWv2 back for a chip to be fitted? Will there be a external piggyback device to plug in to? This could all take ages and be costly to us. It all seems like a terrible mess considering this must have be known about for a very long time.
  • edited August 2016
    The PS4 4.0 update Launches Soon!!! I have Taken My PS4 off Auto update just incase sony pulls a fast 1!!! Even if Devs put in Wheel support Sony Can Over ride that with a update!!! and since it was sonys policy that game Devs provide support for the wheels they want to work with their products... Technically Sony has Done No wrong and the Game Devs would have to pay to include Fanatec support...its all about Making Licensing $$$ ....Sony dont care where they get it from...after it worked for MS they Learned it would work for them too!!! its only the users and Game Devs that suffer because Game Devs will sell less Games that they invested Huge amounts of $$$ to develope for PS4 and the user gets stuffed to Buy More or a New wheel to be able to enjoy Sim Racing!!!. Im sure a solution will come some day but i dont want to wait 2 years Like it was for Xbaox 1 support. I will just Go PC and All thats that...all My Gear will work as it is intended to with No extra wait time or equip Needed. its the silence from Fanatec and Sony that is Maddening. Im heading to Micro Center to order a Gaming PC soon as i get off work today!!!