PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• edited August 2016
    I went to the Dark side!!! The Build is Completed today had to wait a extra day because i added a 2nd 1070FTW card!!! I will be picking up My Gaming PC this afternoon!!! Im Excited about it i been on Console too Long!!! Final Build is I5- 600k and 2x 1070 Graphics Cards running In SLI!!! 4K Gaming Here i Come.Good bye to Console!!!
  • The word is out...no Fanatec PS4 support for Assetto Corsa. I already had a copy in my hands to play tonight...for real!!! But now...brought it back to get my money back cause X1 wasn't available yet. http://console.assettocorsa.net/supported-wheels.php
  • Why does no one from Fanatec say something!?!?!?

• I hope everyone with Fanatec gear cancelles their AC pre order. I refuse to play it with a controller. I even cancelled my X1 pre order too. Ain't giving a dime to a company that won't step up to Sony...their policy still didn't change...so threatening with a law sute is pointless. And yeah, Thomas...isn't there anything that you can say that will set our minds at ease ? For example...saying that a licence agreement is signed and we can await good stuff in the future. OR say something so that we know what NOT to expect !
  • Gabriel I presume you have windows7 or later if so do the windows updates and you should be good to go, although you may to optimize your graphical settings 
    Thank you Hughie. My laptop is already up to date and I will give it a go at F1 2016.

The word is out...no Fanatec PS4 support for Assetto Corsa. I already had a copy in my hands to play tonight...for real!!! But now...brought it back to get my money back cause X1 wasn't available yet. http://console.assettocorsa.net/supported-wheels.php

Sad but we were prepared to it. It's a shame really and I will definitely go for PC.

Fanatec don't answer because they may be feeling like ****. Don't feel like buying anything from them anymore.

As for Sony I just feel like puking....
  • We're in the same boat as we were with the X1 hub... I really can't blame Fanatec for not having a PS wheel already, cause they're a small company and can't produce it that fast...but it feels like **** to possibly wait six months or more until we're gonna have a PS wheel or hub. Like we had to wait for an X1 solution.
  • What pisses me off is it's a typical lose-lose situation :

For Sony, Fanatec and game devs who lose customers, and for the customer who cannot play the games.

I don't get it ...

@-)
  • Justin YatesJustin Yates Member
    edited August 2016
    Unfortunately either you guys (Fanatec) or Sony, probably both, are right at this moment causing lost sales for both Codemasters and Kunos because of your sudden lack of PS4 support. A lot of us here have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on your products with PS4 compatibility either outright promised (until a few months ago) or certainly implied. You owe your customers some sort of resolution to this problem as I can't think of another analogous situation to this one in terms of products all of a sudden ceasing to function due to "licensing". Nobody here deserves to be kept in the dark.
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm really a fan of the products singe the first Porsche wheels, but always stating it is not Fanatecs fault seems to be a bit easy in my point of view. You sold us a product with PS4 support, and I don't care of Sony changed the rules. I spend nearly 2000€ in Fanatec hardware which will be useless for any new PS4 game. Don't come with buy a PC, that's not an option as all my friends playing on console too. I hope really you get the problem sorted and have a solution for us. Sell me a new rim or hub and I'm fine.
  • I'm really a fan of the products singe the first Porsche wheels, but always stating it is not Fanatecs fault seems top bei a bit easy in my point of view. You sold us a product with PS4 support, and I don't care of Sony changed the rules. I spend nearly 2000€ in Fanatec hardware which will be useless for any new PS4 game. Don't come with buy a PC, that's not an option as all my friends playing on console too. I hope really you get the problem sorted and have a solution for us. Sell me a new rim or hub and I'm fine.
    I fully agree with you. I'm so angry about this having only purchased the CSWv2 in July15 after knowing it was PS4 compatible. I too have spent 2000 euros on my set up and this is really bad form. Rumour has it that Sony have just granted a license to Fanatec but still no official word. I'm not going to buy the CSL wheel as the 'fix'.
  • I fully agree with you. I'm so angry about this having only purchased the CSWv2 in July15 after knowing it was PS4 compatible. I too have spent 2000 euros on my set up and this is really bad form. Rumour has it that Sony have just granted a license to Fanatec but still no official word. I'm not going to buy the CSL wheel as the 'fix'.

Where did you hear they had got a license Mark? I hope its true as like Lars said all my friends are on PS4 and the league i race with. I have pondered going to PC but i don't have enough time to race to justify spending that kind of money after the money i spent on my Fanatec set up.

• edited August 2016
    Fanatec you sold me a CSR wheel announcing that it was compatible with the PlayStation 4 console, not only with some games PS4 , for this reason I feel cheated and deceived by you, I demand an answer , I will not throw my money to the trash, I pay for a wheel compatible with Playstation 4 and that I want .

We respond to all customers who paid millions of dollars for their wheels, respect your customers, not us Sony offered us a console compatible with Fanatec , but Fanatec if we sold a supposedly supported wheel PlayStation 4

I want an answer now!!!
  • edited August 2016
    Fanatec ustedes me vendieron un volante CSR, anunciando que es compatible con la consola PlayStation 4 , no sólo con algunos juegos de PS4 , por esta razón me siento engañado y estafado por ustedes, exijo una respuesta , no voy a tirar mi dinero a la basura, ustedes me vendieron un volante compatible con Playstation 4 y eso mismo es lo que quiero .

Respondan a todos los clientes que pagan millones de dólares por sus volantes, respeten a sus clientes , Sony no nos ofrecio una consola compatible con Fanatec , pero Fanatec si me vendio un volante Fanatec CSR supuestamente compatible con la consola PlayStation 4
    Quiero una respuesta YA!!!
  • I specialey buy THE CSW V2 set to Play PSVR on ps4 I did pre order PSVR and drive club wil com on THE release date in VR on ps4 and will not work with my fanatec set And assetto Corsa is one of THE best sim race games on ps4 and will also not work This realy sucks i spend a lott of money and its useless on THE best games
  • Mike WhelanMike Whelan Member
    edited August 2016
    I emailed Fanatec support about this issue, stating that their advertising PS4 compatibility on the shopping part of the website, and then removing it later, was false advertising, and as such against consumer law in particular countries. 

I was sent a reply in which a representative of Fanatec outright claimed they had never advertised PS4 compatibility on their wheels "ever". 

• This is quite clearly a lie. Someone may have stated in the forum, or FAQ, that it was up to the devs, but that was never listed on the website where you could buy the wheels, all it said there was that the wheels were PS4 compatible. This is against the law in my country, and no doubt in some other countries too, and it applies to website sales where the website caters specifically to this region. 

Also, stating that the PS4 compatibility is up to the devs is obviously not applicable anymore, because the devs are now saying they aren't allowed to support Fanatec on PS4, so it's not up to them. 

This email seems to confirm that Fanatec are prepared to flat out **** in their customers' faces and lie about their previously advertised PS4 support. They are seemingly planning to do a Logitech and stop supporting all of their older peripherals to try to get people to buy their upcoming official PS4 wheel. 

At least Logitech had the decency to openly screw everyone from the beginning of this console gen. Fanatec have doubly screwed us all by dropping compatibility mid gen, forcing many people who have spent 100s if not 1000s on their wheels, to buy new wheels merely a year or so later. I really like Fanatec products, but I won't be giving them any more of my money when this is how they operate.
  • ^  Dunno what went wrong there, but if you highlight it you can read it
  • Frank BongartFrank Bongart Member
    edited August 2016
    quote: "If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not."

Das ist doch wohl ein schlechter Scherz. Fanatec schiebt die PS4-Kompatibilität ihrer eigenen Hardware auf die Software-Entwickler und die wiederum dürfen nur von Sony lizenzierte PS-Lenkräder unterstützen.

Als ich meine Fanatec-Hardware gekauft habe, wurde diese mit der PS4-Kompatibilität ausgezeichnet. Wenn Fanatec diese Eigenschaft nicht mehr erfüllen will oder kann, dann sehe ich das Verschulden ausschließlich bei Fanatec (und nicht bei Sony oder den Software-Entwicklern). Wäre die PS4-Kompatibilität der Fanatec-Hardware beim Kauf offenkundig nur zeitlich begrenzt gewährleistet gewesen dann hätte ich die Fanatec-Hardware nie gekauft.

Fanatec kann eine vorher zugesagt Eigenschaft nicht mehr einhalten, mal sehen was mir der Verbraucherschutz hierzu rät ...
  • I too have emailed Fanatec and await a reply. I bought their CSR wheel because it worked on both xbox360 and ps3. I then chose the PS4 over X1 and ONLY purchased the CSWv2 when it was announced on Fanatecs website that it was PS4 compatible. Technically it is compatible but only with a handful of games. It is now nothing to do with game devs, it's because there is no licensing deal between Fanatec and Sony. The wheel is not officially supported and as such there are no driver libraries in the new SDK for Fanatec wheels - they literally don't exist. Would I have invested 2000euros on equipment to play just a couple of games on PS4? Not a chance. Even once Fanatec do a deal with Sony none of our wheels will work as is. A security chip needs to be retrofitted in the base, or just like for X1 we'll have to buy a PS4 rim, or we use a piggyback break out box. What ever the outcome it'll mean more money needing to be spent by the consumer. Logitech from day one said the G25/27 wouldn't work so they released the G29 which has the security chip. All Thrustmaster wheels have the chip. Fanatec have known about this for a very long time. I just can't understand why a wheel manufacturer would not have factored this in to their build plans. Lets hope there are many things in the pipeline that'll please us all that Fanatec won't disclose until this licensing deal is done. Fanatec - I'm waiting with bated breath.
  • I specialey buy THE CSW V2 set to Play PSVR on ps4 I did pre order PSVR and drive club wil com on THE release date in VR on ps4 and will not work with my fanatec set And assetto Corsa is one of THE best sim race games on ps4 and will also not work This realy sucks i spend a lott of money and its useless on THE best games
    Well, then you did not search hard enough. DriveClub NEVER gave support for Fanatec wheels...so...
  • Just look at it this way, with your own money to spend. You can manufacture a wheel since the ps2 and have the knowledge of coding without buying a licence for big bucks before you even started. And Sony gives manufacturers the freedom to do so because game devs may decide if that hardware will work. Would you buy that licence at cost of your product ??? To me Logitech and Thrustmaster are the big fools in this one to buy this licence from the start. And I also think they're the ones that started the Fanatec vs Sony fire...cause they paid big bucks for years to get a licence and Fanatec didn't...that's gotta hurt in some way. So that said...I'll NEVER EVER buy a TM to play AC on my PS4. Cause that's what it's all about...
  • I don't believe in the security chip BS. Why does my Fanatec gear work with Dirt and PCars. BMW rim or X1 hub don't have that chip either !!

• Just look at it this way, with your own money to spend. You can manufacture a wheel since the ps2 and have the knowledge of coding without buying a licence for big bucks before you even started. And Sony gives manufacturers the freedom to do so because game devs may decide if that hardware will work. Would you buy that licence at cost of your product ??? To me Logitech and Thrustmaster are the big fools in this one to buy this licence from the start. And I also think they're the ones that started the Fanatec vs Sony fire...cause they paid big bucks for years to get a licence and Fanatec didn't...that's gotta hurt in some way. So that said...I'll NEVER EVER buy a TM to play AC on my PS4. Cause that's what it's all about...
    Yeah and Fanatec made good money with this litte trick. Now that Sony has changed the rules it is up to the manufacturer of my gaming hardware to keep me satisfied with the money I spend! And if this means that Fanatec has to buy a License than they should do this. They sold the bases with compatibility. So at least there should be a rim or hub that has the official Sony license. Fooling the customers by pointing towards Sony is not very professional.
  • edited August 2016
    So if Sony threatens Codemasters and Kunos Simulazione with a big law suit, then Sony is not the one to blame ? I know from inside info, that Codemasters HAS tested the F1 2016 beta WITH Fanatec gear on PS4...and I bet KS too. So it's just a matter of programming.
  • Yes we have to blame Sony too for this step, but in the first place it was Fanatec who sold the hardware. I see it as their responsibility to get the problem sorted. 
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2016
    I don't think fanatec "tricked" anyone. They have done everything possible to give us as much support and compatibility as possible, as always.

The device was always advertised as being compatible as long as the game "developers" supported / added drivers. Sony have now closed this route which may affect some users / games moving forward. That's an issue users can (and should) take up with Sony if it directly affects them.

Remember, we do have an XBO Hub for official XB compatibility, so, it's entirely possible that Fanatec will give us a PSHUB for official PS Compatibility, you never know :)

As for the those pictures of the CSL, it's disappointing to see they came from an eBay listing. We should be just as annoyed at our own community, as we are at Sony.
    I'm very disappointed that someone would do this, more so than Sony closing door on compatibility. Fanatec can work around the restrictions, but I'm incredibly disappointed in whoever advertised that base.

With all that said, I've also built a new PC consisting of a GTX1080 - i7 6700 - 1TB SSD - 512GB M2 SSD - 16GB 2667 DDR4 and a 34" Ultrawide 21:9 monitor :) So I'll add those of you who already have my Live account, to my Steam account ;)

I also just received my BMW Rim, meaning I now own every rim Fanatec make. They are like works of art, And I just love collecting them :smiley:

• So if Sony threatens Codemasters and Kunos Simulazione with a big law suit, then Sony is not the one to blame ? I know from inside info, that Codemasters HAS tested the F1 2016 beta WITH Fanatec gear on PS4...and I bet KS too. So it's just a matter of programming.
    If a licensing deal is done it will then be up to Sony to certify the wheels. They are still likely to insist on this security chip though (inside info!). Sony have partnered with Thrustmaster for PS4 so who knows what cloak and dagger stuff is going on here really!
  • @Theneduiel @fanatec we are also very sad about the situation, but it is not in our hands. Hopefully Sony and Fanatec will sort this out.

So anyone still think its not a fanatec fault?

• This situation is too messy and I don't think it will be sorted out soon...

In the meantime I have installed F1 2016 on my laptop (Core i7, nVidia GeForce 660M and 12 GB of RAM) and the games runs smoothly in 1080p with medium details. I will stick to it.
  • I've had a ps4 copy of AC in my hand yesterday. And brought it back 5 min later, when I saw wheel compatible list. But now word goes, some people who also have m CAN play it with the Fanatec set up. But I bet a day one patch will put an end to that. So IF it's true...there's no chip needed perse. But I think to make the PS button work...