PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• @Theneduiel @fanatec we are also very sad about the situation, but it is not in our hands. Hopefully Sony and Fanatec will sort this out.

So anyone still think its not a fanatec fault?

This quote is simply stating that since Fanatec is one of the two parties involved he hopes they get it resolved.
  • There's no bloody security chip required. Thrustmaster's wheels are all compatible with every PS4 racing game, and only the T80, T150, and T300 are fully compatible with PS4. The T100 and T500 don't work in the PS4's menus, only in game like our Fanatec wheels used to. The difference? Fanatec never used to have an official PS4 wheel. Now that they've got one on the horizon, they've dropped support of their old wheels to try to force people to buy their new official one.

Like I said previously, Logitech did the same thing, but they at least were open about their plans when this console gen began. Nobody was suckered into buying a G27 for PS4, only to have PS4 support dropped right before the G29 came out. 
  • Just been thinking of something.
    Since my desktop PC is far away from my TV, I would connect them with a 20 m long HDMI cable, and use my keyboard, mouse and mouse and wheel with extension USB cables 20 m long too ? Would it work ?
  • Have anyone tried the cronos max plus. And if so did it work
  • Gabriel...lol

I like the thought process of   "Thinking outside the box"  there's always a way and means my friend.  

• edited August 2016
    I know there is always a way, Hughie, but I am looking for a cheap, realistic and feasible one ! :)>-

I just need 4 cables but won't there be any latency beacause of the length of the câbles ?

I know it is lame because of the running cables and carrying mouse and keyboard from one room to another all the time but I am ready to do it if i can get rid of my PS4 and get an acceptable performance in game (which I only get with medium details now on my laptop which, I guess, will only last a couple of months before it won't run new games smoothly !)

Edit :

Even better : a 60 ft HDMI cable, a 60 ft USB cable and a 3 port USB hub should do the trick !
    Maybe I could add a keyboard and a mouse too, if windows seven supports more than one of each, to avoid carrying them from one room to another
  • Gabriel ......  

You can always boost the signal, here's a nice little "BOX"  sorry had to add that, my bad ...  

\m/
  • Thank you for the info, Hughie, I will look into it :)
  • Just been thinking of something.
    Since my desktop PC is far away from my TV, I would connect them with a 20 m long HDMI cable, and use my keyboard, mouse and mouse and wheel with extension USB cables 20 m long too ? Would it work ?
    Yes. I have a similar set-up. 15m hdmi from PC to TV. 15m usb from pc to v2 base for playing iRacing. 

• edited August 2016
    Thanks Trevor. I think I'll go along with this idea :)
    So how do you control the PC ? Mouse and keyboard with extension USB cables too ?
    or try to use a CrossHair Converter with a csw v2 in ps3 mode ?

Have u tryed that 

• I really hope that Thomas and team can force a license agreement with Sony so that current wheels are going to be compatible with games and a new PS wheel is supported. Just like TM has the T80 and T100 compatible and the rest supported. Please Thomas do your best for us.
  • I have made the Move to PC!!! it was the only reasonable solution!!! It feels like i have evolved to the next level!!! this may drag out for ever!!!

• No support for AC and F1 2016 on PS4...that´s really bad Fanatec and not good for us (until now your paying) customers!!!
    Really really bad work!!! thanks for nothing but the money (you have now!!!) ....without support your product is absolutely worthless!!!
    very angry and disappointed ....

• Most of us don't have 1600 bucks to spare Grimey. So I can't go there.
  • Its been a heart breaking morning as i disconnected my Fanatec gear from my rig and put my crappy T300 back on it!!! It is terrible, i have no feel in the pedals and FFB is weaker than my 90 year old Grandmother. Anyone ever used a basher board and if so is it worth getting one so i can at least use my V3 pedals?
  • very very dissapointed drop 1800 € + on fanatec equipement, only playing on PS4

i was patiently  waitin for asserto corsa and f1 2016... and what no compatibility ?? i feel spoiled right now, it might be sony s fault but fan,atec got to provide somle sort of solution.

Can we have a word on future ps 4 compatibilty ( hub, wheel ...) anything because the situation right now is just plain unnaceptable.

• very very dissapointed drop 1800 € + on fanatec equipement, only playing on PS4

i was patiently  waitin for asserto corsa and f1 2016... and what no compatibility ?? i feel spoiled right now, it might be sony s fault but fanatec got to provide somle sort of solution.

Can we have a word on future ps 4 compatibilty ( hub, wheel ...) anything because the situation right now is just plain unnaceptable.

• Antoine..... this is exactly my point I have been trying to make, you don't have to have 1600 bucks, dollars or pounds to get yourself started on PC bruv, You can get yourself a decent modular PC for just over the price of a console 400 bucks,and that will get you up and running.
    swap out graphics card and such, when you want to.

tbh there are people that will moan and do nothing, and there are people that will find a way, by teaching themselves.

There's so much information out there.  Sorry Antoine but to hear lazy comments like that just infuriates me . again sorry bud 

>:)
  • 야이 개새끼들아 니네 그란스포츠 나올때까지 라이센스 못받으면 내가 아주 내꺼 파나텍 껴앉고 트마랑 맞교환한다!!!!!!!!
    이런 개새끼들 --
  • Mike the CPX Adapters are are really good, with my T300RS and V2 peddles and project cars the rumble on the brakes were working fine mate  >:D<

Have u tryed that 

no , i'm just asking because it cost $120 , the firmware emulate a g29 to use a g27 (csw v2 in ps3 mode) on the ps4 .

for the moment i use a t300rs on my ps4 with f1 2016 (and new friday with AC) and the ffb was weak compare to the csw v2 , so i want to know if fanatec was doing something about the PS4 compatibility before buying the future Thrustmaster direct drive wheel.

so if someone of Fanatec has the decency to responde i will be glade.before selling my csw v2. thank you.

• Thrustmasters DD wheel, hmmm that's questionable. 
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited August 2016
    Some dude just posted a picture on Project Cars forum, Assetto Corsa PS4 with Fanatec gear, all working. POST #270.
    NOTE! BEWARE, There is still a risk that Kunos can patch it out.....nothing is carved in stone in this business anymore.
  • Most of us don't have 1600 bucks to spare Grimey. So I can't go there.
    I just went Heavy on the Graphics card... that was the Most exspensive part...I went with 2x Geefirce 1070 Cards in SLI so i can Run everthing in UHD...Thats what inflated the price... but you can do it for Cheaper with 1 Graphics card and your 1080p @ 60FPS will still blow PS4 and XB1 away!!!... It was time to upgrade My PC any way so this situation just forced My hand. The Physics on PC are Much better also.

Have u tryed that 

no , i'm just asking because it cost $120 , the firmware emulate a g29 to use a g27 (csw v2 in ps3 mode) on the ps4 .

for the moment i use a t300rs on my ps4 with f1 2016 (and new friday with AC) and the ffb was weak compare to the csw v2 , so i want to know if fanatec was doing something about the PS4 compatibility before buying the future Thrustmaster direct drive wheel.

so if someone of Fanatec has the decency to responde i will be glade.before selling my csw v2. thank you.

I wouldnt sell My V2 if i were you... Nope... Im sure this will be Resolved...its just the silence from Sony/Fanatec that is Making it Really Really Bad. Check the Fanatec FB page is says "they will be at the Next Expo Showing off New products" Probably by November and delivered Christmas they will release their New Line up which is very possible that they will have a CSW PS4 solution... this seems to be the same pattern... It was the same with the 911, CSR E and V2 wheels... Dont Give up!!! I just went PC because i Needed a PC upgrade and this was the perfecy excuse to do it.
  •  Probably by November and delivered Christmas they will release their New Line up 
    waiting 4 months, are you joking ?

i want to play now with all my friends on PS4 , if thrustmaster launch their new wheel in november with Gt sport, i buy it.

for the moment i keep my v2 and hope for a quick solution. but if the situation was not resolve soon i never buy a fanatec products and i'm sure i was not alone.
  • Mike Gray said:
    Its been a heart breaking morning as i disconnected my Fanatec gear from my rig and put my crappy T300 back on it!!! It is terrible, i have no feel in the pedals and FFB is weaker than my 90 year old Grandmother. Anyone ever used a basher board and if so is it worth getting one so i can at least use my V3 pedals?
    The basher board works I have tried it
  •  Probably by November and delivered Christmas they will release their New Line up 
    waiting 4 months, are you joking ?

i want to play now with all my friends on PS4 , if thrustmaster launch their new wheel in november with Gt sport, i buy it.

for the moment i keep my v2 and hope for a quick solution. but if the situation was not resolve soon i never buy a fanatec products and i'm sure i was not alone.

The gt sport will probably not support non official wheel and if fanatec will get a new rim by then they would sell them like hot cake and can price them like they can probably high