Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• please recheck your ingame profile and make sure every input for the encoder has the extended input time added. That should fix your issue.

• edited February 2021

I try now!

Thank you

• Resolved!

Thank you very much!! :-)

• So I have updated to the latest beta drivers. On all versions up to now I had my sensitivity to 910 on wheel and in iracing after calibration it would be around 901 for a perfect alignment with the in game wheel. Now after updating the wheel in game is always calibrating to 1080? Almost like the sensitivity setting of the wheel isn't be picked up?? I can't for the life of me find the correct settings in racing to line up my wheel with the one on screen? Why has this changed?

CSL Elite PS4 version with V2 wheel on PC.

• Maybe a suggestion for the manual, if you have pedals with a load cell that are registered like a game controller (BJ Simracing pedals, KRE pedals, Heusinkveld Ultimates etc) disconnect them before update Fanatec Firmware.

Just received my Formula V2 replacement (hardware issue) and while updating it kept hanging on the "please wait" screen after initiating the upgrade. Did nothing for 10 minutes so turned off the DD2, disconnected all other peripherals, tried it again and it worked like a charm.

• I updated my firmware with the HE Sprints and other peripherie always all the time connected. No problems.

• Still having this issue myself when updating to 402 and newest CSL Elite V1 firmware. Any chance of a fix guys? My McLaren V2 arrived today and it's killing me that I won't be able to make full use of it without having to deal with just outright broken DoR.

• edited February 2021

A fix is coming hopefully with the next firmware in the next driver. In the meantime you should avoid this driver and just stay with driver 381 which is also fully compatible with the McLaren v2 wheel so you can use it without any restrictions.

• But are sprints recognised as a universal controller? I’m quite sure they have their own software also. I tested it tonight at a friend who has the same setup as I have (he has KRE / Kapral pedals) and could replicate the issue while updating a steering wheel. With the pedals connected firmware update of a steering wheel hangs, when disconnecting the pedals and launching the updatet again it worked.

So 2 different systems but the issue could be replicated on both systems with the exact same symptoms.

• Hi guys,

I'm currently using the latest version of Fanalab + drivers and I have a Formula V2 + CSL Elite PS4.

Is there any way I can completely turn off the rev leds from the wheel base and keep only the ones from the wheel?

Checking fanalab, I can't see an ON/OFF for the wheel base, only for the steering wheel.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Hi all is anyone else getting a coilwhine sensation with the V2.5 at all?

i have SHO off plus my R330 rim doesn't have vibration motors anyway, but i get this strange really fine vibration while under load in turn on road in iracing. It doesnt matter if i use high or low ffb it still does it even with fei on or off still get it.

It also did this in early 2020 and was sent back and PCB and Motor were replaced, at a loss its hard to ignore....

Driver 402

WB Firmware 684

Motor Firmware 22

• Hello

• Wheel Base Model : CSW V2.5
    • Steering Wheel Model : Formula V2
    • Padels: CSP V3 + CSP V3 DK + CSP V3 BPK
    • Driver Version: 402
    • Base FW Version: 684
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 40
    • FanaLab Version: 1.54.5

It all works great and I'm sorry, but I have to ask this now, because neither Google nor the support/FAQ has given me an answer.

I have been searching for 2 days to find the difference,

or let's say the advantage or disadvantage between connecting the CSW V3 pedals with USB directly or RJ12 via the wheelbase.

In the meantime I am even more confused than before, because I wanted to find the best configuration.

At the moment I have connected the CSP V3 with RJ12 to the Wheelbase.

A little explanation would be nice.

• I just saw that this is the wrong forum, sorry but the forum search led me here.

Must I write it in the Fanalab 1.54.5 Forum again?

😵

• In the Fanalab Thread it would be even more wrong actually.... ;)

There is NO technical difference. BUT when connected via RJ12 to the base you get Brf In the Tuning Menu and you save a usb cable. That's it

• Many thanks for the as always good and fast support.

My 2 cents 👌

• I’ve read in another thread that Driver 402 causes Steering Sensitivity issues with the PS4 CSL Elite base. Is this correct? And what’s the issues exactly?

• yes that's correct, so if you have a CSL Elite please stay away from this driver.

The steering wheel position isn't read properly and causes mismatches in position between the game and actual steering wheel.

• Thank you for letting me know. I’ll go back to 381 for now.

• Hello, my steering angle is about 45° each side, both togehter about 90°. Ingame the steering fully turns in the 450° each side. I have a csw base v1.5 with a csl elite wheel p1 ps4 running with similar versions of drivers, and i´ve got the same problem every time.

Does my hardware fit at all? In Property Page Settings for the base i also can´t change any adjustments, which could help.

before i forget: Tried everything in tuning menu on rim (SEN: AUT + SEN: 90-900) and ingame, but i think the problem is anywhere in installation or software, what do you think?

thanks

• Bruno VieiraBruno Vieira Member
    edited February 2021

• So how to workaround this when you have a CSL universal hub? Because when i downgrade the hub is not supported anymore :(

Fanatec please fix this

• The mouse emulator option is an utter joke. It's never worked properly - it gets disabled by itself, soon after enabled. This has been dragging for an year now

• there is no known issue for this kind of issue. Make sujre you do not press the button which you have assigned in the driver to enable/disable the Mouse function, then it will work fine for as long as you leave the checkbox checked or press the button to disable it.

• Hi Bruno,

Sorry no solution. Do you have this problem too ?

I have set the Porsche wheel aside for now and have been using the Formula V2 wheel instead which does not have this issue.

• Hello. someone else suffers some flashes of the led lights on the steering wheel ??. They practically blind you. It is exporadically but it gets annoying. Thank you.

DD1 ps4

V402

Porsche GTR3 R

• Hi guys. Just bought my first Fanatec wheel and have some problems while trying to update drivers, because I am not an administrator of my laptop. Is there a way to solve this (update drivers without administrator rights)?

• Yes, same here with the Porsche GT3 RS wheel. The F1 V2 leds are much better for me to use in the evening when it's dark.

I heard they will make a option to dim the leds, but I'm not sure when it will come.

• but the same thing happens to you? that on certain occasions the intensity of the light rises a lot. as if it were a flash

This discussion has been closed.