Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Ok thanks for information.

Finger crossed the firmware get sorted

BLI is not showing on my wheel no more

Just brl lvl now I should off made that clear

• brl lvl = BLI, its just the short explanation of what BLI means. BLI is still the setting you will find in the headline of the Tuning Menu, in the driver and in FanaLab.

• my bad, Maurice is right. BLI = brake level indicator

• i tried several times, i tried a downgrade etc but nothing ... then i tried with another pc and it worked ... why?

• I'll have to double check what the settings are at but it isn't too far from the recommended AC/ACC setting supplied with Fanalab, just some minor adjustments for my liking. I have had to disable the motor calibration because with it active it gives a harsh bump moving the wheel to the right around "2 O'clock" which is not usable for me. I've noticed this problem mentioned a few times not just twice. Anyways I am thinking it must be hardware, at least in my case, since I can feel it with all drivers starting from the first official driver for this wheel base. There truly isn't much that I haven't tried, except maybe some beta test firmware. Thanks.

• Hi all,

lately I'm having an old "problem".

When I press the button to turn off the base, there is a knock from inside.

Happens to someone else? It be a problem?

Fanatec DD1

Driver 381

Wheel base firmware 680

Wheel base motor firmware 40

Thanks

• :)

You have to read slowly before hitting reply ;)

So to answer you in your reply:

1) As written I played with INT and nin

2) As written I played INT from raw (0) to 6. (and also to max)

3) Sensor calibration was done during the update. (CALIBRATE button)

4) As written I came back to LIN OFF.

So it's more a statement for Fanatec staff/employees. I think it's a difference with INT introduction.

I had this tiny vibration for the moment on iRacing on a track on a specific curve (Daytona banking with a constant force). Different settings will not change this behavior (like Desmond). It's a very very very little vibration. Not a big deal. For iRacers, it's a vibration like if I have set a minimum force (a feature to reduce dead zone on cheap wheels/ non DD) but I can feel only on a specific curve. For the moment, I haven't feel it on an other track.

• I'm having an issue with my DD2 powering up. It was working on previous drivers but this new beta broke it again. When I turn the DD2 on after it being off for over 2 minutes, as soon as the high torque warning pops up, the unit turns off and becomes unresponsive to the power on button. I have to use the kill switch (panic button) to kill power completely (or unplug it from the wall) and then turn it on again. If you try and turn it on again within the two minute window it will boot up and work like normal.

• Does anyone have the same Issue, and probably a solution for this?

Since I’ve updated my Fanatec DD1 with newest Drivers 4.01, I Can’t use it at AMS 2 anymore. I tried to go back to Driver 3.81 but it doesn’t changed. Same thing with Race Room. AC and ACC is working fine. rFactor2 and AMS is working with a lot of adjustments.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD1 PS4
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 V2
    • Driver Version: 401
    • Base FW Version: 680
    • Motor FW Version: 40
    • Wheel FW Version: 40
    • FanaLab Version: 1.53

Do you have any ideas or know what went wrong?

Would appreciate any constructive feedback.

• Why you cant use it anymore, what is not working?!

• help with installing the driver I lost power and can no longer turn on while holding down the power button only running the fan I have a CSL PS4

• Hi, i suggested to you clear the motor calibration in FB, but i think there's a problem with AMS 2, in SimHub i have the wheels slip always on, in dash studio and also in my bass shakers, so see if you have any motor rumble on, with wheel slip.

• Hi All,

after deinstallation of Driver 4.01 and installing Driver 4.02 it seems that my issues has been solved.

Didn't tested at all the Sims I have, till yet.

AMS2 is recognizing the Wheel again. rF2 is working too.

Once I have tested the other ones I will update you.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD1 PS4
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Porsche 918 RSR
    • Driver Version: 402
    • Base FW Version: 684
    • Motor FW Version: 40
    • Wheel FW Version: 40
    • FanaLab Version: 1.53

• Turning on just the wheelbase without the pc, the vibration/tingle issue is still there. The issue is noticable when the wheel is straight but much more prominent with the wheel turned ever so slightly to the right. Holding this position, again without the pc running, I can go through all of the tuning menu settings one by one and not notice any difference, except maybe, force feedback strength. There is a small difference when going from 1 to 0 but it is still there with both wheels, however I don't feel any vibration from the shaft when the wheels are removed (it might be still there but not exaggerated by the larger diameter of a wheel). If there is no contact made here from a Fanatec rep with a possible solution or some firmware to test I assume the problem would be a hardware issue and will go through the support procedure. Not many people have mentioned anything like this which also indicates hardware and it is definitly a problem that shouldn't be there. Thanks for the help so far.

• a slight "vibration" in the steering wheel coming from the motor is absolutely normal, everyone has it. It can be felt with smaller lighter wheels more than with a heavy large BMW wheel though.

• Is it worth me/can I mix firmware 373 with 401 to see if I can clear the lag/skipping & skipping of the dials ?

Has anyone tried this or found a way to stop the issue?

• Hi, i Think my base looses connection again :( or steering wheel, please look at telemetry. I was p7 in topsplit porsche cup today with high SOF :)

please what is this issue??

https://youtu.be/YzGXNrsn8BM?t=1707

DD2 driver 400

WHBFimware 684

motor 40

• As the whole screen froze and when you gained control again it was at the same position in game I think it's more a game issue..

• Hello Guys,

What’s the difference with v401 and v402?

Greetings.

• i have never updated lc pedals there was a tip in the assist tool using usb.

firmware update assist tool doesn´t start if i use usb cable on my csl lc pedals.

every thing works as it shoul when connected to base

• "Driver 402

Hopefully fixes the, Firmware Manager not opening when pedals are connected, issue this time. Let me know if it works for you, thanks for everyone that provided log files."

• CS WB V2.0 / Formula V2 / CSL Elite LC:

Firmware manager working now with pedals plugged.

Every firmware updated correctly.

No issue at all.

Thanks to the support! 👌

• edited February 2021

I've started noticing my brake input fluctuating quite noticeably since upgrading the V3 pedals to 1.31. The brake input "bounces" a good bit whether I'm in manual or auto mode. I've tried different driver versions and it follows me to each one. I can go back to 1.30 and it becomes much smoother, obviously never perfect, but not near as bad as 1.31 with all other settings exactly the same. Has anyone else noticed this?

• edited February 2021

doubt post, sorry

• That's normal and the result of the increased Sensitivity of the Brake Pedal.

• @marcel

FYI words "Damper" and "Friction" are missing for me in 'Tuning Menu' with v402. Not really an issue ;)

• which wheel Base? For me the words "Damper" and "Friction" are properly there...

• Hi Maurice, here are additional infos:

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Universal Hub for PC
    • Driver Version: v402
    • Base FW Version: v684 (HW v16)
    • Motor FW Version: v40 (HW v2 - ACV v3)
    • WQR FW version: v6 (HW v0)
    • Wheel FW Version: no FW on Universal Hub for PC
    • FanaLab Version: no
    • Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19042.685)
    • Display scale: 125% (recommended) - Fix scaling for app: checked.
    • Display resolution: 2560x1440 (recommended)
    • Nvidia driver 446.14

This discussion has been closed.