You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• edited May 2017
    https://www.facebook.com/Teamredlinesim/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

The live video, starting from 3:25... :O I think there we have it..
    This teasers omg.. But sill nothing regarding this blue "something" of this easteregg post.....
    Hopefully ... you did not find it. I doubt if you can find it. If Thomas refuses to publish photos or info, it is because there is a real good reason. One can also be sure that Thomas will have taken all the precautions, so that no information will filter.
    If you still find a photo, a video, keep it for yourself. To post it here or elsewhere, as if you had found a trophy, would be nothing good or intelligent.
    You would only endanger the partnership between Fanatec and Sony and by the same occassion, risk that the product we are expecting, all patiently, will never come out or be much longer delayed.
    To think, before acting, not to put oneself forward, for the benefit of all, are qualities far more valuable in this case than that of being the one who discovered the "grail"

• https://www.facebook.com/Teamredlinesim/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

This teasers omg.. But sill nothing regarding this blue "something" of this easteregg post.....
    Hopefully ... you did not find it. I doubt if you can find it. If Thomas refuses to publish photos or info, it is because there is a real good reason. One can also be sure that Thomas will have taken all the precautions, so that no information will filter.
    If you still find a photo, a video, keep it for yourself. To post it here or elsewhere, as if you had found a trophy, would be nothing good or intelligent.
    You would only endanger the partnership between Fanatec and Sony and by the same occassion, risk that the product we are expecting, all patiently, will never come out or be much longer delayed.
    To think, before acting, not to put oneself forward, for the benefit of all, are qualities far more valuable in this case than that of being the one who discovered the "grail"

Totally disagree. If Thomas doesn't want people to seek out info he'd not start forums like this. Also if someone finds something maybe it's another teaser for the community but someone must find it 1st? Ever think of that? One thing I'm certain of is Thomas markets like no other company I've seen. So I don't put anything past him and I know he doesn't let things happen for no reason.

If Thomas didn't want it posted he shouldn't have given it to Redline at a public event ;)
  • The term "Easter Egg" itself implies the "Easter Egg Hunt", just sayin'...
  • The term "Easter Egg" itself implies the "Easter Egg Hunt", just sayin'...
    Great point!

You are talking like Thomas is a god. In my opinion, Thomas deliberately strews this piece of information and says nothing else for pure marketing purposes.

Fanatec is a company which wants to make the maximum Profit. Fanatec did not want to do a Favour to all the Racing-Fans if there is no profit behind it.

I did a Post in this Topic which was deleted because i said that all what they said about the timelime of a new PS4-Wheel was NOT True. Then Thomas said "next week" - this was NOT True. The he said "Perhaps this Week" - wasnt True and so on.

Did you People really think that Fanatec did not make a accorded Timeline with Sony already weeks ago? The only Reason why it is not published yet is because the Timeline was not reached. The whole Topic is a Marketing-Strategy, nothing else.

I am tired of all this "....Thomas had to wait too....","...he would if he could...." etc. No, he won't!

• Yeah I just saw that pic at GTPlanet, well at least we now know the name CSL Elite racing wheel, now we just need pricing
    'CSL Elite Racing Wheel'. - That sounds somehow bad to me as the CSL Elite Base is a DOWNGRADE compared to the great Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5. I really don't want to buy a base which is below the V2.5 in terms of quality!!!
    That wouldn't be the right compensation for such a long waiting period...

Thomas, please tell me that I'm wrong here (again).

if it is CSL Elite i'm out

Go and read through the PS4 compatibility topic. This was know 3 months ago... At least!!!
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited May 2017

You are talking like Thomas is a god. In my opinion, Thomas deliberately strews this piece of information and says nothing else for pure marketing purposes.

Fanatec is a company which wants to make the maximum Profit. Fanatec did not want to do a Favour to all the Racing-Fans if there is no profit behind it.

I did a Post in this Topic which was deleted because i said that all what they said about the timelime of a new PS4-Wheel was NOT True. Then Thomas said "next week" - this was NOT True. The he said "Perhaps this Week" - wasnt True and so on.

Did you People really think that Fanatec did not make a accorded Timeline with Sony already weeks ago? The only Reason why it is not published yet is because the Timeline was not reached. The whole Topic is a Marketing-Strategy, nothing else.

I am tired of all this "....Thomas had to wait too....","...he would if he could...." etc. No, he won't!

Glad that you know the facts. Oh wait you don't! Don't act as if you do. If you're tired of all this then don't come back. Seems easy enough to me.
  • I think this thread needs a little Bob Marley :smile: "Don't worry, be happy"
  • edited May 2017

Hi Slyvain!

Of course it is not my intention to endanger the relationship between Fanatec and Sony.
    In fact,I even work for Fanatec as their Affiliate Manager (only as my 2nd job in my free time in the evenings so I am not directly an employee of Fanatec so I absolutely dont have any insider infos) 
    I just want to "tease" you guys, the whole community, a bit with available teasers.

And to be honest, I bet that this picture and the live video from Team Redline were fully approved by Thomas and it was absolutely his intention that someone sees that and shares it (I didnt talked to Thomas so I may be wrong but hey, he even liked the picture and a comment of someone who asked if thats "volant PS4". Why should he do that when he does not want this form of teasers?! Thomas/Fanatec and Team Redline have a very strong relationship and I bet that those teasers are approved by Fanatec as they also know its a to be announced new product).

Anyway, in general I can fully understand your point of view regarding a possible damage between two big companies but in this case I highly doubt that these teasers are unwanted by Fanatec (if so I think one pm via Facebook from Thomas and these teasers would be immediately deleted by Team Redline. As thats still not the case, you know, Fanatec wants these teasers :)).
  • edited May 2017

If Thomas didn't want it posted he shouldn't have given it to Redline at a public event ;)
    That sounds reasonable to me.

Ralf Halada said:
    ...The whole Topic is a Marketing-Strategy, nothing else.
    This make sense as well...

But even more important is this.
    I think this thread needs a little Bob Marley :smile: "Don't worry, be happy"
    PS4.jpg 61.9K
  • That is sweet you got to beta test this Maurice, I wasn't so lucky :(

• Let me doubt very strongly, a marketing technique. This would have the main effect of putting Team Redline forward. Unless tomorrow, Fanatec wants to change name for Team Redline, I do not see the interest.
    The only form of possible marketing that I feel in this subject. It is Sony who wants to use the event to get ahead, at a certain time via the announcement, and or put one of their product ahead of the stage.
    We know that the bases are in the warehouses of Fanatec, which they had to invest for this. Today, their money is sleeping. Every day that passes decreases the number of potential customers who buy everyday, from the available bases of direct conccurent companies. All these buyers will not necessarily resell their purchase tomorrow, to equip Fanatec with the announcement of the new product.
    Or, we do not have the same definitions of effective marketing.
  • Are we gonna find out anytime soon Thomas?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I wish I could tell you. We are waiting just like you guys.
  • edited May 2017
    Come on Thomas Be Nice... at Least throw us another Snippett Teaser Pic to guess on... The Fanatec Natives are Growing wrestless..... You know some times you have to Give the Kids a Lolly Pop just to passify and soothe them for the moment \m/
  • I wish I could tell you. We are waiting just like you guys.
    As long as I don't miss out. I've been checking this forum 8 times a day for the past month waiting to buy a ps4 wheel. Or at least a device that let's me play my current set up on ps4. Hopfully. Sony read these messages and get a move on
  • I wish I could tell you. We are waiting just like you guys.
    I'm willing to bet you are just as excited/anxious to tell us more as we are to hear more!
  • I really hope those idiots at Sony don't stall till E3. Cause that's gonna be a long wait pfffffff. I especially bought myself a second base plate holder mount for my RS1 to switch between the V2 and CSL E ps4 base. :x
  • John 8 times. Jae same here
  • *If you do not agree with spoilers please refrain from clicking the link  ;)

• edited May 2017

*If you do not agree with spoilers please refrain from clicking the link  ;)

If this is indeed the new wheel/base for the PS4 I will have to pass on it.  

For myself, I do not feel it is enough to give up my CSW v2 just to play one game on PS4 (all the others as far as I know are multiplatform).  I have the BMW, Formula, and P1 wheels, so I can play all the up and coming games on PC and XBOX.   GT Sport will have to be played with a DS4 (I know about GIMX and Chronus Max).

This is a great idea for those who have not made the jump to  Fanatec products yet.  I went from DFGT to G27 to the CSW v2 and haven't looke back at all.

I will wait and see if maybe in the future Sony will allow a wheel like the P1 or maybe a universal wheel hub. 
    Good luck Thomas & Fanatec. I hope it sells well so Sony are more lenient on additional products.

Cheers!

• *If you do not agree with spoilers please refrain from clicking the link  ;)

If this is indeed the new wheel/base for the PS4 I will have to pass on it.  

For myself, I do not feel it is enough to give up my CSW v2 just to play one game on PS4 (all the others as far as I know are multiplatform).  I have the BMW, Formula, and P1 wheels, so I can play all the up and coming games on PC and XBOX.   GT Sport will have to be played with a DS4 (I know about GIMX and Chronus Max).

This is a great idea for those who have not made the jump to  Fanatec products yet.  I went from DFGT to G27 to the CSW v2.   
    I will wait and see if maybe later on Sony will allow a wheel like the P1 or maybe a universal wheel hub. Good luck Thomas & Fanatec. I hope it sells well so Sony are more lenient on additional products.

Cheers!
    This is exactly how I feel about it.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    This is what drives me crazy about Sony. They love to drag their fans along waiting and waiting, delay after delay.
  • But what about the blue item in the original post? That is what I am curious about.
  • But what about the blue item in the original post? That is what I am curious about.
    Agreed, this is still a mystery. Remembering that Thomas said it has never been done before.

Then again comparing the buttons in the blue image with the high resolution shots of the PS4 CSL Elite from bsim racing. The buttons are an almost identical size and shape, so I think they are replacement buttons for the new PS4 CSL Elite.
    Agreed, this is still a mystery. Remembering that Thomas said it has never been done before.

Then again comparing the buttons in the blue image with the high resolution shots of the PS4 CSL Elite from bsim racing. The buttons are an almost identical size and shape, so I think they are replacement buttons for the new PS4 CSL Elite.
    My hope is that it's something that attaches to CSL E Base that allows me to use my BMW and Carbon F1 wheel rims in PS4 mode.
  • Ps4 cls elite it have to be cheap AS hell, its No were near the kvalitet og v2 or v2.5. So im NOT shure i Will buy this
  • Seth CormierSeth Cormier Member
    edited May 2017
    I
    But what about the blue item in the original post? That is what I am curious about.

My hope is that it's something that attaches to CSL E Base that allows me to use my BMW and Carbon F1 wheel rims in PS4 mode.
    It won't be something that connects to the Xbox Elite, at least I really don't think that would be the case. As far as I know they are making a PS4 base because Sony will not allow Fanatec to make the Xbox compatible bases work with PS4. I'm pretty sure the new base will be compatible with the BMW/Formula rims. Of course this is just my speculation, but I would think any non-Xbox rim would work with the new PS4 base in PS4 mode.
  • Thomas already stated all peripherals like CSW wheels, shifter etc will work on new base. Just read a couple a pages back. I even quoted him out of the Playstation compatibility topic. ;)