You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• Seth CormierSeth Cormier Member
    edited May 2017

Thorsten, Just for my understanding. What are the reasons that you don't buy or use the V2.5 with one of the adapters on a PS4?
    Hi Thomas,
    first of all many thanks for your direct reply to me! I would love to use a V2.5 base on my PS4! I guess with adapter you mean tools like CRONUSMAX, right? I don't know other adapters. And to answer your question I would like to have a base which is fully compatible with the PS4 i.e. including Share, Option and PS Button. And in addition to that in terms of using a V2.5 base with CRONUSMAX that won't work because as far as I know the V2.5 has no PS3 mode anymore like the V2. And this PS3 mode is mandatory when using CRONUSMAX.

Cheers,
    Thorsten
    I think he is referring to GIMX, this allows full compatibility with any wheel that works on PC. Your PS4 will think you are using a G29, so you get the share/ps button etc. The FFB works too. Much better than the current state of Cronus Max. Search "PS4 with Direct Drive wheel" on youtube, you'll see what I mean. You will need a spare PC or laptop for this (you can also use a simple rasberry) this will act as a hub and combine all of your devices (with software) into a single G29.
  • Thorsten, Just for my understanding. What are the reasons that you don't buy or use the V2.5 with one of the adapters on a PS4?
    Like Thorsten i liked also to know which Adapters are available? Can you Name them please?
  • edited May 2017
    Seth Cormier said:

... Your PS4 will think you are using a G29, so you get the share/ps button etc. The FFB works too. Much better than the current state of Cronus Max. Search "PS4 with Direct Drive wheel" on youtube, you'll see what I mean. You will need a spare PC or laptop for this (you can also use a simple rasberry) this will act as a hub and combine all of your devices (with software) into a single G29.
    Many thanks for your reply! Actually I'm using CRONUSMAX pro in wheel mode with current firmware V1.23 in order to make my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 Porsche Wheel and my Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals working with e.g. Assetto Corsa on my PS4.For this 'work around' I do not need a PC which is more comfortable.

How do you know that the FFB is less effective when using CRONUSMAX pro instead of GIMX? Both are emulating a G29. So I wouldn't expect huge differences here.

Anyway I will do some research on this so called GIMX which is new to me. And at the end I have to choose one out of  theses options:
    1. to buy the new PS4 base which might be a slight downgrade compared to the V2.5 (and possibly this 'Eastrer Egg' - where nobody knows so far what it will be all about)
    2. buy the V2.5 base and this GIMX adapter which might lead to some compatibility issues as this just a 'work around'
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Seth CormierSeth Cormier Member
    edited May 2017
    Seth Cormier said:

... Your PS4 will think you are using a G29, so you get the share/ps button etc. The FFB works too. Much better than the current state of Cronus Max. Search "PS4 with Direct Drive wheel" on youtube, you'll see what I mean. You will need a spare PC or laptop for this (you can also use a simple rasberry) this will act as a hub and combine all of your devices (with software) into a single G29.
    Many thanks for your reply! Actually I'm using CRONUSMAX pro in wheel mode with current firmware V1.23 in order to make my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 Porsche Wheel and my Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals working with e.g. Assetto Corsa on my PS4.For this 'work around' I do not need a PC which is more comfortable.

How do you know that the FFB is less effective when using CRONUSMAX pro instead of GIMX? Both are emulating a G29. So I wouldn't expect huge differences here.

Anyway I will do some research on this so called GIMX which is new to me. And at the end I have to choose one out of  theses options:
    1. to buy the new PS4 base which might be a slight downgrade compared to the V2.5 (and possibly this 'Eastrer Egg' - where nobody knows so far what it will be all about)
    2. buy the V2.5 base and this GIMX adapter which might lead to some compatibility issues as this just a 'work around'
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
    I was saying overall GiMX is a better solution than Cronus Max, not particularly in regards to FFB. The reason GiMX is better is because you can use any wheel, pedals set, shifter, controller etc as oppossed to CM which is limited to G27/PS3 based devices. Plus its cheaper and can be DIY. While it is a nice work around, an officially supported wheel would be way easier. Possibly more reliable too, although I am yet to have any issues with mine (as long as it is initially set up properly).
  • edited May 2017
    Bump
  • edited May 2017
    Use the Gimx Adapter with the PS4. Haven't tried it yet. But i use it for PC because of compatibility issues with with th v2.5 when playing F1 2015/F1 2016/ Dirt 3 and almost all other Driving games that support may only the Logitech G27. The Gimx Adapter emulates a g27. But you need a separate PC to get it to work.
  • Use the Gimx Adapter with the PS4. Haven't tried it yet. But i use it for PC because of compatibility issues with with th v2.5 when playing F1 2015/F1 2016/ Dirt 3 and almost all other Driving games that support may only the Logitech G27. The Gimx Adapter emulates a g27. But you need a separate PC to get it to work.
    It emulates much more than that. Driving force, T300, G29, G27, Xbox controller, PlayStation controller. You can use it with PS2, PS3, PS4 and PC. You don't NEED a PC, you can use a rasberry running Ubuntu instead and avoid needing a full PC in the chain. I use a PC though as I don't care, it's right next to the PS4 anyways, plus I leave everything plugged into my gaming PC so I don't have to switch hardware when I go from PC to PS4 and back to PC. Neither of these options beats the ease and dedicated development that comes with officially supported hardware though ;)
  • Use the Gimx Adapter with the PS4. Haven't tried it yet. But i use it for PC because of compatibility issues with with th v2.5 when playing F1 2015/F1 2016/ Dirt 3 and almost all other Driving games that support may only the Logitech G27. The Gimx Adapter emulates a g27. But you need a separate PC to get it to work.
    It emulates much more than that. Driving force, T300, G29, G27, Xbox controller, PlayStation controller. You can use it with PS2, PS3, PS4 and PC. You don't NEED a PC, you can use a rasberry running Ubuntu instead and avoid needing a full PC in the chain. I use a PC though as I don't care, it's right next to the PS4 anyways, plus I leave everything plugged into my gaming PC so I don't have to switch hardware when I go from PC to PS4 and back to PC. Neither of these options beats the ease and dedicated development that comes with officially supported hardware though ;)
    Yes you can use a rasperry but i personally have no idea how to use ubuntu.
  • Back to the Topic:

No Greenlight for Thomas until now and the Week is almost ended.

I supect that we have two wait further 3 Weeks until the release of Dirt 4 at 9th of June. I dont believe that Sony gives Greenlight to Announce new Wheels for the PS4 without the Connection to a Release of a Game.

But i hope i am wrong ;-)  

• Back to the Topic:

I supect that we have two wait further 3 Weeks until the release of Dirt 4 at 9th of June. I dont believe that Sony gives Greenlight to Announce new Wheels for the PS4 without the Connection to a Release of a Game.

We still have tomorrow!
  • We know Thomas likes fridays:)
  • I noticed the v1.5 handbreak is ps4 compatabile?
  • I noticed the v1.5 handbreak is ps4 compatabile?

Yes and No, if you have a fanatec v3 pedals u can connect them to a thrustmaster t300 with a box and make that posible, then u can connect the handbrake to the pedals 
  • We know Thomas likes fridays:)
    Yup!
  • Hi Thomas, maybe you can use this situation for the new slogan on the easteregg product. Racers are Always waiting For the Green light ;)
  • Hi Thomas, maybe you can use this situation for the new slogan on the easteregg product. Racers are Always waiting For the Green light ;)
    Nope, racers wait for the red lights to go out.

• Nope, racers wait for the red lights to go out.
    This is exactly what makes you faster compared to those racers who are always waiting for the green light to go on. (like Iker Soraluce said)...
  • I was using the green light like Thomas used it. But you are more intelligent than me...
  • Hey Thomas 

How does it look the new product good or amazingly gooood !!!!!

Cant wait to se what u got in stock for us, had hoped sony was a bit faster but i gues they are not fast (by the way did u check u email) ???

Mark
  • I was using the green light like Thomas used it. But you are more intelligent than me...
    Or you're just an WRX racer. The start lights are different.
  • Back to the Topic:

Remember my Words. This Week there will be no News.

:-( Now this Post exists 1 Month and 3 Days. It is like showing a Dog a Steak and dont give it to him.

• edited May 2017
    We may be on the Verge of a All out Sim Wheel War!!! Hmmm ok ok Let Me explain---> TM releases the PC Racer---> Fanatec Releases the v2.5 and cruches the PC racer!!!! Also soon to release a Fantec PS4 wheel...Specs unknown??? -->But Rumors and Speculation about Fanatec New DD wheel coming out No one knows what Fanatec is Cooking up Next...Hmmm---> Accuforce Drops price of their DD wheel to $1200.00 for the Full Kit!!!--> with DIY kits for $700.00!!! But lets Not forget to Mention the Gt Sport TM wheel that is about to release and all the specs are Still Hidden!!!<---Is it DD or Not<-- Given AF recent and drastic price drop it Could be DD after all???....Hmmm....I sense Good things coming
    And I can post nothing more without prior approval. That's a different game and rules are quite strict. I know that this is hard to understand to some of you but we need to be as patient as you are.
    You see it's not just us who have to pe patient. I'm sure Thomas is close to be bursting at the seams as well. My guess - we have to wait a few more weeks here.
    And I can post nothing more without prior approval. That's a different game and rules are quite strict. I know that this is hard to understand to some of you but we need to be as patient as you are.
    You see it's not just us who have to pe patient. I'm sure Thomas is close to be bursting at the seams as well. My guess - we have to wait a few more weeks here.
    But why did he make the Post if he were not sure when he can solve the riddle? Everybody who is Interested in Racing Wheels and who follows this Blog goes "crazy". If we didnt knew it, we didnt care if it will takes days or even weeks. I am very angry about Thomas that he makes such a Post and now he say he may not say anything. In Germany we say "am langen Arm verhungern lassen".
  • We are gonna be waiting on Sony and they won't say anything that might take the shine of the e3 conference. Face it we are talking June 4th.
  • edited May 2017

But why did he make the Post if he were not sure when he can solve the riddle?
    Maybe just because his own expectation about the Sony approval was different at that time. So it's not his fault. E3 on June 13th to 15th seems to be the next milestone...
    But why did he make the Post if he were not sure when he can solve the riddle? Everybody who is Interested in Racing Wheels and who follows this Blog goes "crazy". If we didnt knew it, we didnt care if it will takes days or even weeks. I am very angry about Thomas that he makes such a Post and now he say he may not say anything. In Germany we say "am langen Arm verhungern lassen".
    Get used to it... Been there, done that. It's how Thomas makes us bitches crawl. LMAO
  • You are all right, but that helps me not to get my Patience back :-(

• Anyone else liked Team Redline on Facebook?

Have a look at this pic:

That Fanatec logo on the base.. Does look different than the CSL E, isnt it?! :O
    And, wait... On the rim.. Is that a PS logo??? At least it doesnt look like the typical "X"box logo of the P1 rim :O
  • I saw that, someone posted it on GT Planet. Sure does look like a PS logo on the rim, the base looks to have the power symbol and the "mode" button. Can't say if the Fanatec logo is different though.