You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• Thomas already stated all peripherals like CSW wheels, shifter etc will work on new base. Just read a couple a pages back. I even quoted him out of the Playstation compatibility topic. ;)
    Yea I was quite sure I had read that as well, that is definitely a good thing. The CSLE Xbox version has plenty of power to handle a heavier rim like the BMW.
  • Eric HarveyEric Harvey Member
    edited May 2017

I watched that video which shows a very plain facia plate , until I watched that I was convinced that this picture, posted earlier, when enlarged, showed hidden slider switches under what looked like a Photo Shopped Fanatec logo and a large blurred area.
  • We will all find out soon I hope. I'm sure Thomas is doing everything in his power to get the official announcement out to us.
  • I have a DFGT so I'd love it to be my first Fanatec product, Assetto is ready for it on my newly built pc :)
  • Obviously Thomas is as anxious as we are. He has money invested in manufacture and shipping products that are sitting in a warehouse, and can't start making return on that investment till he gets a green light.  We just want new toys...

• I want to use csw v2.5 on ps4.

Well you can't. It says this right on the CSW v2.5 product page, "PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility." Sorry.
  • Sony stop messing around its not helping anyone

You can, but just witrh a certain work around called GiMX which was mentioned several times already in this thread. So it makes sense to spend some more time in reading through this thread.
  • Sony stop messing around its not helping anyone
    Ill say they are more likely to loose customer from this, than gaining any, that want a high kvalitet produkt more than a thrustmaster plastik or any other wheels out there

Personly im thinking hard at going from ps4 and mac to pc and keeping my sim hardware, instead of changing sim hardware and keeping my ps4 pro at this point

Mark
  • It has never been done before is starting to look like it will never be done.
  • I think it is a CSL P1 Playstation wheel

• 25k views 400 comments it's fair to say the hype train is at full strength.
  • No big deal, I blew my budget on a 1080ti anyway...
  • ronald keeneronald keene Member
    edited May 2017
    Can we order the ps4 wheel/base soon Thomas Fanatec? Fanatec Ps4 Base and Rim leaked. Exclusive look at the Fanatec CSL Elite PlayStation Wheel (by AussieStig)http://www.bsimracing.com/  I just sold my CSW base v2 to get Ps4 support as I only have Ps4
  • Can we order the ps4 wheel/base soon Thomas Fanatec? Fanatec Ps4 Base and Rim leaked. Exclusive look at the Fanatec CSL Elite PlayStation Wheel (by AussieStig)http://www.bsimracing.com/  I just sold my CSW base v2 to get Ps4 support as I only have Ps4
    What's this
  • Thomas will let us know as soon as he can I'm sure!
  • That's it then
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Well these are definitely two different things. The Wheel and Easter egg. 

hmmm Which came first? The Wheel or Easter egg 
    :))
  • There is nothing to search for anymore. This Easter Egg is simply a box with some buttons or button caps you can replace on your rim. So no more riddle that needs to be solved here. We just have to be patient a few more weeks. My bet the Sony press conference on the E3...
  • I hope we downt have to wait that long (e3)
  • edited May 2017
    (Deleted for me not reading).
  • What is the spanner / wrench symbol on the wheel for ? Pit stop limiter perhaps ?
  • I didn't see a PS button on the ps4 base , how will the BMW / formula rims work with the base as there is not PS button on those rims , will we use the blue button box instead ?
  • I have both a PS4 and Xbox One and hate the fact that Microsoft and Sony are forcing us to buy 2 wheel bases so that we can play all the driving games we want to. The V2 base with the Xbox hub was the only solution to this until Sony got greedy. I saw it coming and sold my V2 just in time. Unfortunately I had to buy a Thrustmasters TX and T300 to satisfy my needs. I don't have a PC near my wheel setup so couldn't us the Cronusmax workaround. It is a pita to keep swapping bases out everytime I want to play Forza or Gran turismo. Really miss my V2 base and the F1 rim was awesome too. 
  • edited May 2017
    ...I don't have a PC near my wheel setup so couldn't us the Cronusmax workaround... 

You don't need a PC when using Cronusmax plus with FW 1.23. It does not support V2.5 but the V2 base.
  • Didn't know that lol. Don't think that firmware was out at the time. I was on the cronus website earlier and it seems they are just about to release an adaptor specifically for wheels so I maybe able to buy Fanatec again! http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/159029-about-the-new-development-racing-wheel-product
  • Thanks for the link, I didn't know that the CRONUSMAX crew is working on another device...
  • could end up being something a lot of us are looking for
  • edited May 2017
    Ok, I have to admit the new PS4 CSL Elite Base looks really fantastic which was actually not my expectation. So I'm more than convinced now that the Fanatec crew did a great job again.

But assuming that the CRONUSMAX team will relase their new device soon we have two options then which could be a hard decision at the end...