You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• ... I just think we should stay positive and try to understand that there has to be a reason Thomas is not able to tell us more just yet that's all.
    You are so right. I totally agree with you!
    I agree with this...I am patiently waiting also... Nothing Bad to say about Fanatec...in My Prior post thats a Few post up I was just Sharing a Day in My Life how everything just seems to fall in place some how... No complaining at all Fanatec Makes Great products In fact the v2 was and still is a Great Wheel!!! The v2.5 i know is only supposed to be a slight Step up but due to the Drag Free wheel center of the v2.5 the FFB diff is Night and Day!!!...the Drag Free wheel center allows sooo much more subtle FFB feel to come through at TDC it Really has Me pondering do i actually Need a DD wheel???? IMO unless there is a major break through in FFB physics that Demands a DD wheel IMO the v2.5 maybe all i Need because i cant even Race with 100% FFB using the v2.5 and its only 8Nm...i dont Need/Cant use the extra power DD offers... IMO the v2.5 yes its Really that Good.
    I know you were only being supportive and positive, and I am sorry about your wheels :( I wasn't referring to you in my post, I was referring to a couple posts up above by other members.
  • edited May 2017
    Yeah I just saw that pic at GTPlanet, well at least we now know the name CSL Elite racing wheel, now we just need pricing
    'CSL Elite Racing Wheel'. - That sounds somehow bad to me as the CSL Elite Base is a DOWNGRADE compared to the great Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5. I really don't want to buy a base which is below the V2.5 in terms of quality!!!
    That wouldn't be the right compensation for such a long waiting period...

Thomas, please tell me that I'm wrong here (again).

• Maybe that's what the other device is in the picture. A Sony convertor. If gt planet is accurate then the game is up.
  • Assetto corsa was always compatible with fanatec. It was an update after launch that made it not work. Maybe it's an old pic.
  • Assetto corsa was always compatible with fanatec. It was an update after launch that made it not work. Maybe it's an old pic.
    The pic is from the news of the last update 1.14. I saw it on the screen with my own eyes ;)
  • He is talking about the Rim pic...
  • edited May 2017
    Yeah I just saw that pic at GTPlanet, well at least we now know the name CSL Elite racing wheel, now we just need pricing
    'CSL Elite Racing Wheel'. - That sounds somehow bad to me as the CSL Elite Base is a DOWNGRADE compared to the great Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5. I really don't want to buy a base which is below the V2.5 in terms of quality!!!
    That wouldn't be the right compensation for such a long waiting period...

Thomas, please tell me that I'm wrong (again).

You are disappointed, yet it was planned. If I recall correctly, that was part of the specifications imposed by Sony. A base not too expensive in the price line, other official PS4 bases, already on the market.
  • Well if that is the new product then I am very disappointed. Still no one size fits all solution!
  • It should be good of course not as good as the V2/2.5 bases, I would like to know if the PS4 base is compatible with the Xbox one Hubs

• ... A base not too expensive in the price line, other official PS4 bases, already on the market.
    After the price adjustment of the V2.5 it's no longer so expensive. We talk about +/- 200 EUR compared to the CLS Elite base. That shouldn't be a restriction. It should be the choice of the customer... 
  • There is a second pic of what people are speculating to be a new PS4 CSLE base at GT planet now too. It is in the "Fanatec teases PlayStation related hardware" thread. On the 8th page someone has posted the same photo that is above along with a second photo of a wheel that looks very much like a CSL Elite, there is also a giant Kunos logo on the wall behind the rig.
    Have you got a link?
  • edited May 2017
    It should be good of course not as good as the V2/2.5 bases, I would like to know if the PS4 base is compatible with the Xbox one Hubs
    Why not as good as the V2.5 base? I hope we will have more transparency here soon.
    The picture is new:
    I made the post in GTP.
    The picture is new:
    I made the post in GTP.
    That picture has been available for quite some time but everyone thought it was an Xbox CSL base. However, the new information about a PS4 compatible CSL Base comes from the news section of the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa after todays latest update to the game.
  • It should be good of course not as good as the V2/2.5 bases, I would like to know if the PS4 base is compatible with the Xbox one Hubs
    Why not as good as the V2.5 base? I hope we will have more transparency here soon.
    Because according all the reviews of the Xbox CSL compared to the V2 it always comes in 2nd place and I doubt this wheel will be superior to the other CSL base
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited May 2017
    Well if that is the new product then I am very disappointed. Still no one size fits all solution!
    There never will be a one size fits all solution again, imo. Thrustmaster has had 2 different wheels for pc/Xbox and pc/PS and I believe that Sony and Microsoft are the ones at fault. Microsoft and Sony don't want a product on the shelves that says compatible to both. You'd never get it through all the hoops one must jump to get the final approval. Sony would be mad that Microsoft was listed first or vice versa. Microsoft would be angry Sony is in bigger letters (because it's a smaller word). Etc etc…. I highly doubt we'll see the day off one wheel to rule them all unless Microsoft and Sony themselves work together.
    The CLUBSPORT line is Fanatec's top line product according to Thomas. If this is indeed a CSLE base it'll be a small step below the v2.5. That's "if" as we still don't have final confirmation.
  • edited May 2017
    The CLUBSPORT line is Fanatec's top line product according to Thomas. If this is indeed a CSLE base it'll be a small step below the v2.5. That's "if" as we still don't have final confirmation.

It would absolutely make sense to allow the PS4 community to enjoy these top line products as well! So if it will be just the CSL I'm out. In that case I think I have to wait for the DD wheel. But who knows whether that one will be compatible with the PS4...?

My enthusiasm somehow disappeared after this CSL wheel 'leak'.
  • Fanatec has stated before that they wanted to do a CSL Elite base for PS4. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Snippet below from this post:

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/187/playstation-compatibility-update-2/p1

If we can make a PS4 Version of the CSL Elite Wheel base then it is very likely that you can keep your pedals, steering wheels, shifters, table clamps, handbrakes etc.. And there is great new stuff coming up as well.
    You can sell your CSWB V2 for good money to a PC or XOne user. Used bases sometimes sell on eBay with almost the same price as new. Perhaps you lose only 10% to  25% but you used it for several months. 
  • If they can make a PS4 version of the CSL Elite Wheel I would assume that it shouldn't be a problem for the V2.5 as well. I'm pretty sure there are many customers who are willing  to pay more money for a higher quality. I'm one of those.
  • edited May 2017
    If I Recall Correctly it was stated by Fanatec that its Not that Fanatec does Not want to Make a CSW premium type of wheel that works with Sony Systems the Fact is that Sony is stopping them from making wheels above a certain price point... Sony does Not believe that the market is there that would warrent making such a premium wheel<--- this is a BS decision on Sonys part to Limit consumers on what we want or should have.....I believe that this PS4 wheel will be Much Better than most expect...Thomas/Fanatec wont let us down... Infact i forget which thread it was but Thomas said that he is really pleased with the PS4 wheel it will be 1 of their best wheels ever<--- I 100% believe this to be True!!! This will be Fanatecs 1st Officially supported wheel for a Sony PS base...I Do Not think Thomas/Fanatec will step into the Sony Market as a Light weight!!!
  • If I Recall Correctly it was stated by Fanatec that its Not that Fanatec does Not want to Make a CSW premium type of wheel that works with Sony Systems the Fact is that Sony is stopping them from making wheels above a certain price point... Sony does Not believe that the market is there that would warrent making such a premium wheel<--- this is a BS decision on Sonys part to Limit consumers on what we want or should have.....I believe that this PS4 wheel will be Much Better than most expect...Thomas/Fanatec wont let us down... Infact i forget which thread it was but Thomas said that he is really pleased with the PS4 wheel it will be 1 of their best wheels ever<--- I 100% believe this to be True!!! This will be Fanatecs 1st Officially supported wheel for a Sony PS base...I Do Not think Thomas/Fanatec will step into the Sony Market as a Light weight!!! </div>
    Yep. Thomas goes all in. Which is great for us end users.
  • edited May 2017

Here Lorrell Waddell this is what you read.

Thomas,

Will you announce a timeline for PS4 base when you are able to? Or will you wait till its available for pre-order? Just curious and very anxious for news. great interview by the way and thanks in advance.

We will announce it normally when production has started and products are already on the way to warehouses.

I personally like this wheel a lot. "It will be one of the best products we ever made" and so far everything goes smoothly.
  • edited May 2017
    Yes Yes I know off topic but still relevant because gave My Man toy a Summer time make over New Rims and tires with My Fanatec budget \:D/ Yes yes i know forgive Me but Im Feeling like it was worth it :D
  • Nice car dude
  • If they can make a PS4 version of the CSL Elite Wheel I would assume that it shouldn't be a problem for the V2.5 as well. I'm pretty sure there are many customers who are willing  to pay more money for a higher quality. I'm one of those.
    If you would have followed the Playstation compatibility topic, you would've known that Thomas was forced by Sony to make a cheaper wheel, or else there was no deal with Sony.
  • edited May 2017
    If you would have followed the Playstation compatibility topic, you would've known that Thomas was forced by Sony to make a cheaper wheel, or else there was no deal with Sony.

Ok, my fault. Then it's obviously Sony who is making these stupid rules. On the other hand they are promoting this upcomming Thrustmaster GT Sport wheel which will be as expensive as the V2.5 or even more expensive.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Thorsten, Just for my understanding. What are the reasons that you don't buy or use the V2.5 with one of the adapters on a PS4?
  • edited May 2017

Thorsten, Just for my understanding. What are the reasons that you don't buy or use the V2.5 with one of the adapters on a PS4?
    Hi Thomas,
    first of all many thanks for your direct reply to me! I would love to use a V2.5 base on my PS4! I guess with adapter you mean tools like CRONUSMAX, right? I don't know other adapters. And to answer your question I would like to have a base which is fully compatible with the PS4 i.e. including Share, Option and PS Button. And in addition to that in terms of using a V2.5 base with CRONUSMAX that won't work because as far as I know the V2.5 has no PS3 mode anymore like the V2. And this PS3 mode is mandatory when using CRONUSMAX.

Cheers,
    Thorsten