You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
    And it seems you were wrong Thomas. It is a DD wheel. But I ain't going to plastic fantastic TM.
    Where is there Official confirmation that its a DD wheel??? its just Too Much plasic No way can all that plastic hold the power if a True DD wheel...and if it is DD it will be very weak so it wont be worth having.... The Extra Power that DD wheels have is the only advantage over the v2.5... The 1000Hz and Drag Free wheel center the v2.5 has is a Real Game Changer!!!
  • Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
    And it seems you were wrong Thomas. It is a DD wheel. But I ain't going to plastic fantastic TM.
    There's no news from Thrustmaster that says DD. And they price isn't really in the DD range. If Thrustmaster includes a rim or rim and pedals the price falls right in line with there current price ranges.
  • It could be a like 6nm dd wheel, but i've also heard that the it'll replace the t500
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
    There's no news from Thrustmaster that says DD. And they price isn't really in the DD range. If Thrustmaster includes a rim or rim and pedals the price falls right in line with there current price ranges.
    Maybe its a TM attempt to bring a Belt Dtive 1000Hz wheel with a Drag Free center to the Market :-B Oooops Fanatec Beat them to it =D> its the Only thing that makes sense because No way can plastic hold the Power of a True DD wheel @-)
  • Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
    Maybe its a TM attempt to bring a Belt Dtive 1000Hz wheel with a Drag Free center to the Market :-B Oooops Fanatec Beat them to it =D> its the Only thing that makes sense because No way can plastic hold the Power of a True DD wheel @-)
    Totally agree.
  • After this post in GTplanet from someone from Fanatec my excitement has gone down for this new PS4 wheel, but we will see The post was regarding the new rumored t700 wheel. paskowitz Watch Fanatec release a PS4 compatible direct drive wheel right when this comes out... Likely different price brackets, but it would be amusing. Fanatec This will not happen and we can tell that loud and clear without feeding speculations and false rumors. And I doubt that anobody else will bring a DD wheel at this price point at this time. Direct Drive for 700€ is really just a rumor which is probably based on a translation or communication error. Plenty of people here will be dissapointed. And a good single drive with high power servo motor is likely to give much better results than a bad DD with a small stepper motor with plenty of cogging and low torque. Trust me because we are working on this topic ;)
  • I'm not iterated in a dd I'm just interested in a ps4 wheel.
  • I'm not iterated in a dd I'm just interested in a ps4 wheel.
    Me too but I was hoping it would be a DD wheel since the rumors were that Fanatec's next wheel was going to be a direct drive wheel
  • After this post in GTplanet from someone from Fanatec my excitement has gone down for this new PS4 wheel, but we will see The post was regarding the new rumored t700 wheel. paskowitz Watch Fanatec release a PS4 compatible direct drive wheel right when this comes out... Likely different price brackets, but it would be amusing. Fanatec This will not happen and we can tell that loud and clear without feeding speculations and false rumors. And I doubt that anobody else will bring a DD wheel at this price point at this time. Direct Drive for 700€ is really just a rumor which is probably based on a translation or communication error. Plenty of people here will be dissapointed. And a good single drive with high power servo motor is likely to give much better results than a bad DD with a small stepper motor with plenty of cogging and low torque. Trust me because we are working on this topic ;)
    This makes no sense. The post is about Thrustmaster not a Fanatec product. And no one from Fanatec posted it. It was posted by a forum member.
  • This makes no sense. The post is about Thrustmaster not a Fanatec product. And no one from Fanatec posted it. It was posted by a forum member. Well that Fanatec account has been posting for a while as if it was someone from Fanatec you could see if you follow his post history he has been very helpful to a lot of posters in GTplanet https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-gran-turismo-sport-edition-wheel-thread.346309/page-7
  • The discussion is getting of point. Show me what fanatec are doing
  • I'll keep on topic. Sorry
  • Well that Fanatec account has been posting for a while as if it was someone from Fanatec you could see if you follow his post history he has been very helpful to a lot of posters in GTplanet
    The Fanatec profile on GTplanet is Thomas, has been for years, unless someone has taken it over from him.
  • edited May 2017
    I'm not iterated in a dd I'm just interested in a ps4 wheel.
    Me too but I was hoping it would be a DD wheel since the rumors were that Fanatec's next wheel was going to be a direct drive wheel
    when you try a direct drive wheel you'll never go back hers why

It's really not about quality/better result, it's about immersion and similarity to real life. In theory direct drive is better in terms of delay between event in Sim and ffb at the wheel, and the engine torque is applied directly to the wheel, rather than passing through a belt, so it's possible to control with more precision and consistency. If you're trying to practice driving an f1 car in between actual laps, this is very important. If you're trying to be better at the sim, it might make no difference or even hurt, depending on how the sim works.

As an example, a lot of simracers use a button clutch instead of a pedal, because it's faster and more accurate. That's great if you want to win at a sim. It's awful if you're practicing to drive.

From the wheel perspective, my guess is direct drive is better quality and more reliable/precise, only because the parts are better and there is less to break. But if it is more accurate at ffb, that may actually be harder to drive well than a dfgt or similar.

[-X
  • I think today is gonna be the BIG day.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    The products are in stock but we are still waiting for approval of our marketing materials so it takes a bit longer than expected. Perhaps it will even be next week but hey, we will get there.
  • Seth CormierSeth Cormier Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not iterated in a dd I'm just interested in a ps4 wheel.
    when you try a direct drive wheel you'll never go back hers why

It's really not about quality/better result, it's about immersion and similarity to real life. In theory direct drive is better in terms of delay between event in Sim and ffb at the wheel, and the engine torque is applied directly to the wheel, rather than passing through a belt, so it's possible to control with more precision and consistency. If you're trying to practice driving an f1 car in between actual laps, this is very important. If you're trying to be better at the sim, it might make no difference or even hurt, depending on how the sim works.

As an example, a lot of simracers use a button clutch instead of a pedal, because it's faster and more accurate. That's great if you want to win at a sim. It's awful if you're practicing to drive.

From the wheel perspective, my guess is direct drive is better quality and more reliable/precise, only because the parts are better and there is less to break. But if it is more accurate at ffb, that may actually be harder to drive well than a dfgt or similar.

[-X
    While you are right on the fact that there is no loss of ffb through a drivetrain with DD, it is not correct to say that direct drive will potentially make driving harder. My lap times increased with dd, I could feel what the car was doing immediately and precisely and this made it easier to drive. This is especially true when catching slides, because the feedback is delivered immediately I can react sooner and earlier into the slide. This is that same thing everyone else who goes dd says too. DD is the best of both worlds, you get the most realistic experience and increased in game performance. Having said that, the V2/2.5 base provides very prompt ffb, there is no perceivable delay that I have noticed. This is likely due to the high tension and low internal resistance in the V2/2.5. What I do notice is small details like road textures and other very subtle forces that are not felt on any belt drive wheel, are felt with DD, this is because the belts themselves can absorb some of the smaller (I'm talking really small here, almost insignifigant) details. Plus there is the weight of the pulleys to overcome before forces can be delivered, this is likely compensated for within Fanatecs drivers though. If I couldn't run dd I would be on a V2.5 hands down, and aside from overall strength the V2 bases I have run came quite close to dd in terms of detail, accuracy and linearity of the feedback. Not quite as close when it comes to tiny little details in the feedback (like the weakest/slightest effects) but as close to dd as you will get with a belt. As for the new item, I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Keep up the good work Thomas :)
    edited May 2017
    The forum doesn't take my line spacing into consideration when on mobile, it combines all of the paragraphs! I'll fix it on PC later.
    Hey Seth, I am really sorry to hear that your lap times increased with DD. :P

Other than that, I agree that DD is better in several ways but you need to be willing pay for it.

But it is still a bit too early to talk about DD. Let's do that a bit later this year.
    edited May 2017
    Yes it is expensive, really hard to get the price down too since the motor cost is so high :/ I certainly look forward to hearing more about Fanatec and Direct Drive in the future, but in all honesty the V2 (or V2.5 now) is really on a whole other level compared to any other belt drive system. In my opinion it really helps to bridge the gap and for the price you can't go wrong. I never owned a V2 (just ran my friends many times, probably 20 hours total) so when it came time for a new wheel to replace my V1.5 I simply had to see what all of the DD hype was about lol.
  • The products are in stock but we are still waiting for approval of our marketing materials so it takes a bit longer than expected. Perhaps it will even be next week but hey, we will get there.
    Lol.....without Words.
  • Hey Seth, I am really sorry to hear that your lap times increased with DD. :P

Other than that, I agree that DD is better in several ways but you need to be willing pay for it.

But it is still a bit too early to talk about DD. Let's do that a bit later this year.

Hey Thomas when are you going to discuss your direct drive project? Maybe E3? I'm looking forward to this PS4 product you are about to release but I'm more interested in going the next step forward in sim racing. Currently I have the CSW v2 with CS pedals v3 running them through GIMX, and as of right now work on PS4 sure the optimal solution but still a great setup. I have been looking at the SimuCUBE offerings along the Accuforce Pro but I wanted to see what your DD system was going to be before making my decision.
  • edited May 2017
    The products are in stock but we are still waiting for approval of our marketing materials so it takes a bit longer than expected. Perhaps it will even be next week but hey, we will get there.
    Hi Thomas,
    I thought you are the decision maker at Fanatec. So I guess everyone is waiting for YOUR approval. Am I wrong...?
    And by the way how about getting a glimpse of your new product just to bridge the additional waiting period you mentioned?
    That would be a nice move...
  • The products are in stock but we are still waiting for approval of our marketing materials so it takes a bit longer than expected. Perhaps it will even be next week but hey, we will get there.
    Hi Thomas,
    I thought you are the decision maker at Fanatec. So I guess everyone is waiting for YOUR approval. Am I wrong...?
    And by the way how about getting a glimpse of your new product just to bridge the additional waiting period you mentioned?
    He's waiting on Sonys approval. Don't be a jerk
    Hi Thomas,
    You are wrong. :)

And I can post nothing more without prior approval. That's a different game and rules are quite strict. I know that this is hard to understand to some of you but we need to be as patient as you are.
  • Ok fine, it was just a try...
  • Always these rules ...

• You used the words products so I'm guessing there is more than one that you will be revealing.
  • Hey Thomas 

Thx for some respons, 

And I think you about to explote to tell us what u got plannedfor us, as we are to finding out what u have in store for us 

again thanks
  • It's like waiting for christmas. - Thomas how does it feel to have such a fan base?