You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• Though
  • You'll hear nothing else about DD until it's close to release... Been around here long enough to know how Thomas can keep the suspense high. You say you ain't waiting... I used to say that too, but I always came back ;) But on the other side... Fanatec has best stuff for consoles... With DD competition is much higher I guess.
    No, I said I was one of the people waiting for news of the DD system, I have been waiting since they announced that the next Fanatec wheel was going to be DD, it's the only reason I have not bought a Leo Bodnar wheel yet, because I like what Fanatec offers
  • You'll hear nothing else about DD until it's close to release... Been around here long enough to know how Thomas can keep the suspense high. You say you ain't waiting... I used to say that too, but I always came back ;) But on the other side... Fanatec has best stuff for consoles... With DD competition is much higher I guess.
    No, I said I was one of the people waiting for news of the DD system, I have been waiting since they announced that the next Fanatec wheel was going to be DD, it's the only reason I have not bought a Leo Bodnar wheel yet, because I like what Fanatec offers
    I don't ever remember Thomas saying the "next" wheel was gonna be DD. He's mentioned many times they are working on one. Do you have the quote or link were he said that the next was DD?
  • We are way ahead of ourselves. Forget a boutique a dd wheel. Where's the ps4 news????
    I don't ever remember Thomas saying the "next" wheel was gonna be DD. He's mentioned many times they are working on one. Do you have the quote or link were he said that the next was DD?

It was posted on GTPlanet a while back and I been waiting since then for news before I buy my DD wheel. https://www.gtplanet.net/fanatec-direct-drive-powered-wheel-to-arrive-this-year/
  • Sooo looking forward to replacing my Logitech DFGT with my first Fanatec wheel/pedals, was going to get the CSL Elite pedals soon to replace my current crappy ones but then I seen the video of Thomas at KS Porsche event mentioning a new wheel in production and now this thread. I'm excited, hi Thomas!
  • Now its exakt one Month since this Post was created. Sorry, but its sad and outrageous how peoples expectations and patience are overused. 

If its clear that it takes Time to publish Informations why is this Post is created so early. I feel frustrated about that.

Sorry, i dont have any understanding  anymore and I would not be surprised if there was a shift again.

• I think today or tomorrow is gonna be the BIG day.
  • It's a bit weird. Stuff has been arriving in the Fanatec warehouse so green light has been given on production. Strange that revealing information about this new product(s) is not allowed by a third party. Sounds like Sony to me. Couldn't think of anything else. Color, logo, it all fits.
  • This is gonna be a long wait again.
  • I am amazed at the level of patient in our world today, or should I say selfish desire. What's really surprising is the anger being displayed, not for waiting on a much needed medical care or medicine, not for food to feed a starving family, but for a Sim Racing product. We love Fanatec gear because of the level of attention and detail put in them, this takes time. So if it means we will be getting the best there is to offer then take all the time you need Thomas and thank you for sharing your passion with us.
  • I dont know any entrepeneur that would stall his own invested money, so it is pretty obvious that the ball is in sonys corner

It was posted on GTPlanet a while back and I been waiting since then for news before I buy my DD wheel. https://www.gtplanet.net/fanatec-direct-drive-powered-wheel-to-arrive-this-year/
    Thats all correct. But I don't see anywhere that Thomas said, "next wheel will be DD." And he's also quoted as saying, "target date is this year." That's not a guaranteed delivery date at all. You've read way too much into a small quote imo.
  • edited May 2017
    I get used to wait more and more because there is simply no option. And to be honest I don't care whether I will be able to place my order this week or next week. At the end it boils down to a huge Fanatec comeback on the current Sony plattform! I hope Sony will press the green button soon. But maybe we have to wait till the GT Sport release date. But if so I would expect a bundle including the magic Fanatec PS4 wheel base and the GT Sport Coll. Edition. Wouldn't that be a great deal?
  • Best bet is around Xmas... That's still this year LoL
  • when the dd from fanatec do not release in very near future, everybody who is really interested to buy a dd wheel will it now and not in 1 year, the hype is now. in this moment there are good alternatives on the market, fanatec advantage is their wheels, because they have a very good quality, and with their possible dd base, everything is plug and play, but there are manufactures who make adapters to use fanatec wheels on their dd bases. that is good for their customs but not so good for fanatecs ''maybe coming this year'' dd base. @wesley stokes, in some points you've got absolutely right, but every hardware is just a bonus, i reed soo much in sim forums about fanatecs dd base and comments from thomas, why thomas can not make a clear statement with informations about a possible release date and specs of the base, then every possible customer will know on what he wait, the way to say nothing accurate is in my view no cleverly strategie to promote a coming product. that they work on a dd base is clearly confirmed from thomas. why not make a teaser or trailer how they did it in the game industrie, to give us something ??  that costs nothing and with youtube,facebook,...is everything possible.  sorry, i can not understand that from fanatec, the politic of 0 information, is very stupid. 
  • I get used to wait more and more because there is simply no option. And to be honest I don't care whether I will be able to place my order this week or next week. At the end it boils down to a huge Fanatec comeback on the current Sony plattform! I hope Sony will press the green button soon. But maybe we have to wait till the GT Sport release date. But if so I would expect a bundle including the magic Fanatec PS4 wheel base and the GT Sport Coll. Edition. Wouldn't that be a great deal?

Ud it should be at this point it mayby bundne with Dirt 4
  • edited May 2017
    Good things come to those who wait :-?? Let Me explain... So after the Long NY winter its time to Finally park the Tahoe and Bring the Man toy---> Convertable 350z back out :) First Day out on My way to work i hit a Curb and Bent the front Rim and Scratched the back Rim Bad ~X( Well Long story short i Blew My Fanatec Budget and bought 4 New Rims \:D/ .... So in a way im Happy that this New product delay happened because i had the Cash to get 4 New Rims on the spot!!!
  • I'm in a similar predicament. If they don't announce something soon I'll spend my money on something different
  • Seth CormierSeth Cormier Member
    edited May 2017
    Guys, I think things are getting off topic here. I understand just as much as the next guy how exciting a Fanatec DD wheel would be. However, that is not what this thread should be about, this thread is about a different exciting product, one which we are still waiting to learn more about. While this product may not be as exciting to some people as a DD wheel would be, it will be more exciting to those whom this particular product will appeal to. If this is a PS4 item then it will be very exciting news to all of the guys (myself included) who are currently waiting to experience Fanatec products with PS4. The sim racers who are just looking for products to use on PS4 aren't as concerned with DD and vice versa when it comes to PC racers who really want to see a Fanatec DD. In a perfect world we would get both with one product, but even that wouldn't be great for everyone as many PS4 users can't dish out the extra cash for a high end Fanatec DD system. My point is, it is impossible for every product to appease every customer, existing or prospective. Also, to be fair a PS4 compatible Fanatec wheel was talked about long before a Fanatec DD, so I would expect to see a PS4 base priced either in the CSL or CSW range before I would expect to see a high end Fanatec DD. When it comes to this Easter egg product and the wait time we are all experiencing, I think we should all be a little more lenient and just try to understand that sometimes there is more at play than we can speculate. I don't believe for one second that Thomas would refrain from releasing information if his word was the only thing preventing said information from being released. At the end of the day Thomas wants to make his customers happy, and I believe he does all he can to see to it this is accomplished. Just try to understand that there are likely many factors at play and try not to place the blame on Fanatec themselves. I'm sure Thomas will give us more info just as soon as he is able, just remember hes on our side, otherwise he wouldnt be doing what he does and Fanatec wouldnt exist.
  • Guys, I think things are getting off topic here. I understand just as much as the next guy how exciting a Fanatec DD wheel would be. However, that is not what this thread should be about, this thread is about a different exciting product, one which we are still waiting to learn more about. While this product may not be as exciting to some people as a DD wheel would be, it will be more exciting to those whom this particular product will appeal to. If this is a PS4 item then it will be very exciting news to all of the guys (myself included) who are currently waiting to experience Fanatec products with PS4. The sim racers who are just looking for products to use on PS4 aren't as concerned with DD and vice versa when it comes to PC racers who really want to see a Fanatec DD. In a perfect world we would get both with one product, but even that wouldn't be great for everyone as many PS4 users can't dish out the extra cash for a high end Fanatec DD system. My point is, it is impossible for every product to appease every customer, existing or prospective. Also, to be fair a PS4 compatible Fanatec wheel was talked about long before a Fanatec DD, so I would expect to see a PS4 base priced either in the CSL or CSW range before I would expect to see a high end Fanatec DD. When it comes to this Easter egg product and the wait time we are all experiencing, I think we should all be a little more lenient and just try to understand that sometimes there is more at play than we can speculate. I don't believe for one second that Thomas would refrain from releasing information if his word was the only thing preventing said information from being released. At the end of the day Thomas wants to make his customers happy, and I believe he does all he can to see to it this is accomplished. Just try to understand that there are likely many factors at play and try not to place the blame on Fanatec themselves. I'm sure Thomas will give us more info just as soon as he is able, just remember hes on our side, otherwise he wouldnt be doing what he does and Fanatec wouldnt exist.
    We are all excited for Fanatec products otherwise we wouldn't be here, I'm more excited for a DD system since thanks to the GIMX software people are using all type of  wheels with the PS4 including direct drive wheels(look at youtube), and I'm using a CSW V2 with V3 pedals and CSS 1.5 and they work great. 
    I just want a little more info before I make my next purchase be it what it may be. And yes I'm also waiting on news on this PS4 wheel or what ever it is just in case my current setup dies, you never know what could go wrong. And I will keep on waiting because I love all Fanatec products first and foremost.

• Guys, I think things are getting off topic here. I understand just as much as the next guy how exciting a Fanatec DD wheel would be. However, that is not what this thread should be about, this thread is about a different exciting product, one which we are still waiting to learn more about. While this product may not be as exciting to some people as a DD wheel would be, it will be more exciting to those whom this particular product will appeal to. If this is a PS4 item then it will be very exciting news to all of the guys (myself included) who are currently waiting to experience Fanatec products with PS4. The sim racers who are just looking for products to use on PS4 aren't as concerned with DD and vice versa when it comes to PC racers who really want to see a Fanatec DD. In a perfect world we would get both with one product, but even that wouldn't be great for everyone as many PS4 users can't dish out the extra cash for a high end Fanatec DD system. My point is, it is impossible for every product to appease every customer, existing or prospective. Also, to be fair a PS4 compatible Fanatec wheel was talked about long before a Fanatec DD, so I would expect to see a PS4 base priced either in the CSL or CSW range before I would expect to see a high end Fanatec DD. When it comes to this Easter egg product and the wait time we are all experiencing, I think we should all be a little more lenient and just try to understand that sometimes there is more at play than we can speculate. I don't believe for one second that Thomas would refrain from releasing information if his word was the only thing preventing said information from being released. At the end of the day Thomas wants to make his customers happy, and I believe he does all he can to see to it this is accomplished. Just try to understand that there are likely many factors at play and try not to place the blame on Fanatec themselves. I'm sure Thomas will give us more info just as soon as he is able, just remember hes on our side, otherwise he wouldnt be doing what he does and Fanatec wouldnt exist.
    All things considered and with all due respect...How could we be off topic and we dont even have a topic??? No one Knows what we are discussing or what this New Product could be....I'm just happy it is as it is!!! i would have ordered it right away and have to stretch the budget to get new Rims....Real Life expenses!!! Summer time Convertible 350z!!!  You know what they say...The early bird gets the Worm
    :D
  • Seth CormierSeth Cormier Member
    edited May 2017
    Well for the record Lorrell and Arnoldo, I wasn't talking about you guys. It just seems that the talk/criticism by some of us over this not being a direct drive wheel was a bit harsh. Maybe off topic wasn't the best description, but the rest of my post holds true in my opinion. Thomas already confirmed that this wasn't direct drive wheel, it was something else, so I just don't see the need to criticize the fact that it isn't a DD wheel, and claim that Thomas said that the next wheel would be dd which I as far as I know he never said, he just said it would be this year. Plus some of the criticism over the long wait for more info on the Easter egg item seems a bit harsh to me (again not you guys Lorrell/Arnoldo). I just think we should stay positive and try to understand that there has to be a reason Thomas is not able to tell us more just yet that's all.
  • edited May 2017
    ... I just think we should stay positive and try to understand that there has to be a reason Thomas is not able to tell us more just yet that's all.
    You are so right. I totally agree with you!
  • edited May 2017
    ... I just think we should stay positive and try to understand that there has to be a reason Thomas is not able to tell us more just yet that's all.
    You are so right. I totally agree with you!
    I agree with this...I am patiently waiting also... Nothing Bad to say about Fanatec...in My Prior post thats a Few post up I was just Sharing a Day in My Life how everything just seems to fall in place some how... No complaining at all Fanatec Makes Great products In fact the v2 was and still is a Great Wheel!!! The v2.5 i know is only supposed to be a slight Step up but due to the Drag Free wheel center of the v2.5 the FFB diff is Night and Day!!!...the Drag Free wheel center allows sooo much more subtle FFB feel to come through at TDC it Really has Me pondering do i actually Need a DD wheel???? IMO unless there is a major break through in FFB physics that Demands a DD wheel IMO the v2.5 maybe all i Need because i cant even Race with 100% FFB using the v2.5 and its only 8Nm...i dont Need/Cant use the extra power DD offers... IMO the v2.5 yes its Really that Good.
  • I've just seen this on Assetto since the update, does this mean the PS4 wheel might be released today? Please please please please
  • Lee Horne said:
    I've just seen this on Assetto since the update, does this mean the PS4 wheel might be released today? Please please please please
    Yeah I just saw that pic at GTPlanet, well at least we now know the name CSL Elite racing wheel, now we just need pricing
  • price could be very similar then the normal csl elite base. i am switching to pc for sim racing but i'm always very excited when new stuff is coming. maybe the csl base for ps4 has other colors, maybe blue front, maybe the teaser picture from thomas is a part of the base, who knows ??  :>
  • The picture was not a wheel.
  • There is a second pic of what people are speculating to be a new PS4 CSLE base at GT planet now too. It is in the "Fanatec teases PlayStation related hardware" thread. On the 8th page someone has posted the same photo that is above along with a second photo of a wheel that looks very much like a CSL Elite, there is also a giant Kunos logo on the wall behind the rig.