You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• The products are in stock but we are still waiting for approval of our marketing materials so it takes a bit longer than expected. Perhaps it will even be next week but hey, we will get there.
    Hi Thomas,
    I thought you are the decision maker at Fanatec. So I guess everyone is waiting for YOUR approval. Am I wrong...?
    And by the way how about getting a glimpse of your new product just to bridge the additional waiting period you mentioned?
    That would be a nice move...
    You are wrong. :)

And I can post nothing more without prior approval. That's a different game and rules are quite strict. I know that this is hard to understand to some of you but we need to be as patient as you are.
    Is this Sony being a pain again...we know gt sport is coming out..it's hardly a secret they are a year late..how much patients can we have. At least let fanatec do there thing. It's good for everyone. Sony if you care to read these get your finger out!!!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hey Thomas 

Thx for some respons, 

And I think you about to explote to tell us what u got plannedfor us, as we are to finding out what u have in store for us 

again thanks
    Thank you. It is indeed a great motivation for all of us. Money is not the (only) reason why I do racing wheels since 20 years now.

The expectations are going up with every product we release so we need to keep up with our own pace.

But the biggest Problem for me is to NOT develop something and to focus on a few projects which can be handled. I would love to do so much more but multitasking delays any Project so I need to be extremely patient ;)
  • Extremely patient TOO, Thomas (like us) ;)
  • button box plus ps4 wheel bases adapter, great idea,xddd

hopefully it will be true
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited May 2017
    It's been a great ride being a customer of this brand since back in the Speedster days. Watching it grow with every release. Looking forward to a great future as a loyal Fanatec fan. Patience = Happiness
  • Hi Thomas,
    so latest next week, right? We are all counting on you!

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited May 2017
    Hey Thomas 

Thx for some respons, 

And I think you about to explote to tell us what u got plannedfor us, as we are to finding out what u have in store for us 

again thanks
    Thank you. It is indeed a great motivation for all of us. Money is not the (only) reason why I do racing wheels since 20 years now.

The expectations are going up with every product we release so we need to keep up with our own pace.

But the biggest Problem for me is to NOT develop something and to focus on a few projects which can be handled. I would love to do so much more but multitasking delays any Project so I need to be extremely patient ;)
    I think that the products reflect this entirely.
    I have to say that my base, my rims, my shifter etc. truly are beautiful works of art.
    I buy them, not only to use, but to display as collectors items.

I think the passion truly shows in each product created.
    Its evident that Thomas loves sim racing / racing and hardware and his enthusiasm for it is contagious. I bet its so hard for him to contain all the ideas he would love to share with us, but cant.

Unlike other manufacturers who make many of their products soley for money, i truly beleive that each of the products Fanatec make, really do have a lot of Thomas' DNA embedded within them.

Looking forward to next week :)
    I'll have lots of spare time over the coming weeks, as i've finished my studies at UNI, and my my work is being published! :)

So some fun is most definetly on the cards!

• The products are in stock but we are still waiting for approval of our marketing materials so it takes a bit longer than expected. Perhaps it will even be next week but hey, we will get there.
    Dude, it's your company isn't it, whose approval would you need? Throw us a bone! ;)
    Dude, it's your company isn't it, whose approval would you need? Throw us a bone! ;)
    Can't you read?! He explained this already. Sony holds all the cards. It's called a contract. Thomas must adhere to it or never deal with Sony again. He's at their mercy. Period!
  • Guess I missed the part where he said this is a Sony product...just kidding anyway. Too bad, I lost all interest in PlayStation.
  • Somehow my browser wasn't showing some of these latest comments when I posted, weird...
  • Congrats on getting published Natalie, that's awesome!
  • Hey Thomas 

Thx for some respons, 

again thanks

I have to say that my base, my rims, my shifter etc. truly are beautiful works of art.

Its evident that Thomas loves sim racing / racing and hardware and his enthusiasm for it is contagious. I bet its so hard for him to contain all the ideas he would love to share with us, but cant.

Unlike other manufacturers who make many of their products soley for money, i truly beleive that each of the products Fanatec make, really do have a lot of Thomas' DNA embedded within them.

I'll have lots of spare time over the coming weeks, as i've finished my studies at UNI, and my my work is being published! :)

UNI? University of Notthern Iowa? Should've told me you were in my home state. Lol
  • Guess I missed the part where he said this is a Sony product...just kidding anyway. Too bad, I lost all interest in PlayStation.
    I'm not actually sure what's holding Thomas up. He never mentioned Sony it's just my guess. I've been wrong before. More times than I care to mention. So we are all waiting and speculating together.
    Thomas himself already did. Quoted from Playstation compatibility topic. Thomas Jackermeier May 2 Flag All your steering wheels will work fine with our new PS4 wheel so there is no need to invest again. Shifters, pedals and handbrake will work fine as well. ;)
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hey Thomas 

Thx for some respons, 

again thanks

UNI? University of Notthern Iowa? Should've told me you were in my home state. Lol
    I dont know what that was in caps :)
    However, if its ok ill still pop over for a coffee when im next in the area! I do intend on doing a holiday in the US at some point and it would be fantastic to meet up :)

Thanks Greg :)
  • edited May 2017
    Ok Last Try.... Its a Data Display with Mappable Buttons-->EX: the Speed limiter button....and it works through the on Wheel Data port and Maybe USB if connected Directly to USB port.
  • Hey Thomas 

Thx for some respons, 

again thanks

I dont know what that was in caps :)
    However, if its ok ill still pop over for a coffee when im next in the area! I do intend on doing a holiday in the US at some point and it would be fantastic to meet up :)

Thanks Greg :)
    You said you were done with your studies at UNI. LOL
  • I think she was abbreviating University. Lol.
  • I think she was abbreviating University. Lol.
    I know. It was a joke.
  • Nick  MoxleyNick Moxley Member
    edited May 2017
    Maybe its a TM attempt to bring a Belt Dtive 1000Hz wheel with a Drag Free center to the Market :-B Oooops Fanatec Beat them to it =D> its the Only thing that makes sense because No way can plastic hold the Power of a True DD wheel @-)

No way plastic can hold DD power....Lol   Blasphemy.  Tell that to my 3d printed QR that's surviving Just fine on 25nm of Raw Mige Motor power.

• So Thomas why are we still in the dark?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    So Thomas why are we still in the dark?
    Because someone did not turn on the green light yet  :-w
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Thomas,
    at least thanks for your immediate reply. So do you expect the official 'GO' decision for this week or even later...?

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Hy Thomas,  

i also wish there is someone who gets green light for dd announcement. you've say in a forums that you will do a meeting in first quarter of 2017 with some guys to make a comparision with your dd to other dd, there is coming nothing. 

how many months you will wait to bring that dd out ? i'm waiting so long now to hear something about your dd,  nothing is coming :(

i can really not say if y can and will wait another half year or year of your dd, and i'm sure that there are many guys who think the same.

it's time now to give us some information about release, specs,..... !! 
  • Yeah add me to the list of the people waiting for info of the Fanatec DD drive, I would be happy with anything, price, release window, strength in NMs, stepper motor, anything please.
  • You'll hear nothing else about DD until it's close to release... Been around here long enough to know how Thomas can keep the suspense high. You say you ain't waiting... I used to say that too, but I always came back ;) But on the other side... Fanatec has best stuff for consoles... With DD competition is much higher I guess.
  • PS4 wheel is only thing I'm concerned with. been sitting with no wheel at all since February cause I broke the axles in BOTH of my Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheels that I have. Wore them both out in just over a year each. Haven't  pursued any other options because I also have V3 pedals and gated shifter that I was told was not compatible with any other wheel for PS4. Really have been missing racing. Hope announcement is really soon.
  • Waiting patiently !! LOL
  • So Thomas why are we still in the dark?
    Good answer. Quick witted but we are still waiting throw us a bone?