Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• Hi Armin,

can you tell us what has changed in the driver over the previous version v289? Im using a CSW V2.5. And to me the FFB is even more detailed than before. Good work! 
    :)>-

Sascha... I also have the 2.5 version. Everything  works fine except calibration...Suppose to be the {3} lines button and the {A} but that doesn't work. Any incite would be helpful.

Thanks Budman

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi guys,

would you please ask such questions to our (live chat) support? I don't know which calibration you mean (wheel/pedals) and I also don't know which steering wheel is on your base. Therefore I cannot answer this question. Sorry.

Armin
  • I just updated my V2 via the Fanatec wheel properties page and it installed driver version : 261 and firmware version : 204 . that is not the latest right ?
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited October 2017
    I just updated my V2 via the Fanatec wheel properties page and it installed driver version : 261 and firmware version : 204 . that is not the latest right ?
    Hi! I have Driver 292 with 316FW on my V2.
    Download 292 through the download page. Select V2 Base under "Discontinued products".
  • @Thomas Jackermeier 

Or anyone else in the know,

I don't know where else to address this:

Will a Mac be able to update the firmware for the v2.5 Wheel Base or is a PC required? Hoping a Mac will do. Also will the new Xbox One steering wheels be available by Christmas of this year? I am trying to wait to see these new wheels before I jump in :)
  • I've answered the pc/Mac question in the "CSL E PS4 in USA" topic. And about the new X1 steering wheels... You'll see 'm when they get here. Thomas is known for throwing a bone at us and only let us have it when product is finished.
  • Has anyone experienced their base lock up when trying to select a different mode i.e Xbox one mode? When I use the button combo on the elite p1, my base is removed from the USB controllers on my pc however the lights don’t turn green on the base and the base itself becomes unable to turn off using the start button and I’m forced to pull the plug on it. Equally if I do a firmware update iwkth the p1 attached when the base restarts it has the same issues as mentioned above. All works fine on pc, issue only occurs when I want to use it for xbox.... Csw v2.5 base with elite p1 rim running 292 driver 317 firmware No response from tech support so any help would be appreciated
  • Has anyone experienced their base lock up when trying to select a different mode i.e Xbox one mode? When I use the button combo on the elite p1, my base is removed from the USB controllers on my pc however the lights don’t turn green on the base and the base itself becomes unable to turn off using the start button and I’m forced to pull the plug on it. Equally if I do a firmware update iwkth the p1 attached when the base restarts it has the same issues as mentioned above. All works fine on pc, issue only occurs when I want to use it for xbox.... Csw v2.5 base with elite p1 rim running 292 driver 317 firmware No response from tech support so any help would be appreciated
    Contact support. The red box on the right side of the homepage is the best and fastest way to get a response. Otherwise start a standard support ticket
  • Hi Chris. Contacted support twice and via facebook twice. Also I’m unable to contact via phone and I’m in Australia and the time difference is horrid. As for the red box....still yet to see it!
    Hi Mitch,

I have seen that you received a first answer of our support team already. Please understand that we answer as fast as possible but right now we are a bit overloaded since the launches of so many relevant games like F1 2017, pCars 2, WRC 7, Forza 7, upcoming GT-Sport and many Emails about the DD.

Please let me assure to you that we work on support cases as fast as possible and will not forget anybody. THX!
  • @Armin Habermann, I don't know if this is an issue or not. But I'm letting you know anyway. FW 316 on V2.5 and fw 314 on ps4 CSL E. When pedals are hooked up to pc by USB separately, and open up the Fanatec app. I see the V2.5 twice(normal) and my V3 pedals. But when I click properties of the pedals, I get the function test window from the wheel. I've got to switch the base OFF, by pressing the power button, to get the pedal function Test window. With both bases.
    Hi Antoine,

thx...this looks to be a driver issue. Which driver are you using? Can if you are using the very latest one (292) it would be great getting a video which shows this problem. That would be a tremendous help to solve open issues.

Thank you very much!
  • @Armin Habermann, I don't know if this is an issue or not. But I'm letting you know anyway. FW 316 on V2.5 and fw 314 on ps4 CSL E. When pedals are hooked up to pc by USB separately, and open up the Fanatec app. I see the V2.5 twice(normal) and my V3 pedals. But when I click properties of the pedals, I get the function test window from the wheel. I've got to switch the base OFF, by pressing the power button, to get the pedal function Test window. With both bases.
    Also happening when you have more than one Base connected to the PC and both are on.
    So for example the CSW v2.5 and the CSW v2 are both connected to the PC at the same time and both are powered on. In the gamecontroller menu I get 2 x CSW v2.5 and 1 x CSW v2 entries (so everything like it should). When I click on the properties tab of the CSW v2 then the menu from the v2.5 is opening. 

Ah and Armin, I got the issue that the CSW v2.5 is detected as v2 (with Driftmode like the v2 without negative values, Force, Spring and Damper range up to 150 instead of only 120) a few times again (with Driver 292 which should have solved the issue afaik)... :/
    Ah and Armin, I got the issue that the CSW v2.5 is detected as v2 (with Driftmode like the v2 without negative values, Force, Spring and Damper range up to 150 instead of only 120) a few times again (with Driver 292 which should have solved the issue afaik)... :/
    About controller panel issue: Thx, a video still would be great! ;-)

About Drift Mode issue. That is quite strange....we cannot reproduce it here. The driver cannot solve this issue since it would be happening in the firmware. In PC mode it will not show a V2 instead of a V2.5 within the driver, right? Can you realiably reproduce the issue?
  • Ah and Armin, I got the issue that the CSW v2.5 is detected as v2 (with Driftmode like the v2 without negative values, Force, Spring and Damper range up to 150 instead of only 120) a few times again (with Driver 292 which should have solved the issue afaik)... :/
    About controller panel issue: Thx, a video still would be great! ;-)

About Drift Mode issue. That is quite strange....we cannot reproduce it here. The driver cannot solve this issue since it would be happening in the firmware. In PC mode it will not show a V2 instead of a V2.5 within the driver, right? Can you realiably reproduce the issue?
    Hi Armin!

The strange issue is that it is completely not reproducable at all. It happens roughly 1 out of 150 Base starts I would guess.
    In the Gamecontroller menu the wheel still is shown as a CSW v2.5 with 2 entrys but in the tuning menu the values for a CSW v2 are shown. The Drift mode then goes only from default OFF up to 005 - without the new negative drift values. The tuning menu values for For, Spr and Dpr have a range from 000 up to 150 in this case but the new v2.5 only has a range of up to 120 normally - so you could potentially even overpowering the motor with this issue...)
    At the boot sequence of the wheel you can already see when the base is starting as a v2 as the display of the rim only says "317" and it does not show the motor firmware 018. You can also feel that it started as a v2 because it starts with Drift OFF which is the most dampened drift mode on a v2 and you immediately feel the dampening of the wheel.
    Again, no way to reproduce this at all. All you could do is starting the base 150 times, I can assure you at least one time the base will start as a v2 (at least for me...).

And for the controller panel issue, here a short video:

• Yes it's with latest driver 292. Didn't check if it happens to previous versions, cause I've never disconnected my pedals to be racing on pc before. I'll make a video as soon as possible.
    @ Maurice, Antoine

Are you both using Windows 7? Or which operating system in running on your machines? Please mention bit and build number also. THX!
  • @ Maurice, Antoine

Are you both using Windows 7? Or which operating system in running on your machines? Please mention bit and build number also. THX!
    Windows 10 x64, Version 1703 Creators Update, Build 15063.632 (so the very latest one available with all Windows Updates)
  • Hi Armin!

I FINALLY got the issue with the v2.5 starting as a v2 on camera!!!
    In the following YT video you can see that I just started the base over and over again and finally after 15 minutes the Display in the rim did not showed the motor firmware version 018 after the base firmware version 317 - there I instantly knew that it finally happened again.
    As you can also see the negative drift values are not available and the Force, Spring and Damper range is going up to 150 (on a v2.5 it is normally limited to max 120) -> pretty boring video until that issue finally happens so I would suggest you to directly go to 15:10 Minutes :D

As you can also see I did nothing special when that issue happened and so this behaviour of the base is completely random and not reproducable in a quick way (only if you have patience and start the base over and over again :D)

In the game controller panel and in the properties menu the base is still shown as a v2.5 though...

• @ Maurice, Antoine

No I'm using W10. But I'm unable to give more info, cause I'm in hospital now. Had my appendix removed yesterday. I'll see when I'm able to provide vid and info. Sorry.
  • Hi Armin!

I FINALLY got the issue with the v2.5 starting as a v2 on camera!!!
    In the following YT video you can see that I just started the base over and over again and finally after 15 minutes the Display in the rim did not showed the motor firmware version 018 after the base firmware version 317 - there I instantly knew that it finally happened again.
    As you can also see the negative drift values are not available and the Force, Spring and Damper range is going up to 150 (on a v2.5 it is normally limited to max 120) -> pretty boring video until that issue finally happens so I would suggest you to directly go to 15:10 Minutes :D

As you can also see I did nothing special when that issue happened and so this behaviour of the base is completely random and not reproducable in a quick way (only if you have patience and start the base over and over again :D)

In the game controller panel and in the properties menu the base is still shown as a v2.5 though...

Didn't have that issue yet, but I'm gonna be aware for it
  • @ Maurice, Antoine

No I'm using W10. But I'm unable to give more info, cause I'm in hospital now. Had my appendix removed yesterday. I'll see when I'm able to provide vid and info. Sorry.
    I’ve been there. I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • Thanx Mate
  • Thanx Mate
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. 
  • Thnx Trevor
  • @""Armin Habermann" this is the link to the driver issue, where the wheel functionality screen pops up while I wanted V3 pedal screen. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AulcPFnOEEQorBnKtLwKxXPHOGo0
  • my wheel says Driver 289 FW 298

when i try to install the Driver 292 it wont update the firmware is there a conflict? (CSW with v3 pedals and shifter 1.5) just making sure i didnt miss a step trying to test this FEI out
  • Delete the old driver first, install new driver, be sure to install the right one according to your pc system
  • Is Driver 292 with FW 316 now the official release?

I use CSW V2 together with Porsche Wheel or Formula wheel and CSP V3 inverted (FW 130)
    After install actual driver V292 with related FW 316 I saw no more Porsche wheel at property page
    For me something was wrong, so I decided to go back to driver V261 and FW 204.

Regards
    TOM
  • Did you restart your pc first, after installing new driver?
This discussion has been closed.