Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• edited October 2017
    @Armin Habermann My pc also runs W10 pro, 64bit, version 1703, build 15063.674 with all latest updates.
  • Delete the old driver first, install new driver, be sure to install the right one according to your pc system
    so remove old driver. reboot. install new driver. reboot. attempt firmware install. 

ClubSport Wheel V2.5 Base detected
    Device connected
    Default Hex file loading failed

happens every time....wheel boots up with 298 after self test....properties forces a firmware update that it fails on...every time...so im at a loss right now...and PCars 2 wont see the wheel or input at all...yet...Forza is working flawlessly 
  • edited October 2017
    -
  • Delete the old driver first, install new driver, be sure to install the right one according to your pc system
    so remove old driver. reboot. install new driver. reboot. attempt firmware install. 

ClubSport Wheel V2.5 Base detected
    Device connected
    Default Hex file loading failed

happens every time....wheel boots up with 298 after self test....properties forces a firmware update that it fails on...every time...so im at a loss right now...and PCars 2 wont see the wheel or input at all...yet...Forza is working flawlessly 
    Try one more time with NOTHING attached. So only base, NOT even a rim. If that fails, contact support. Quickest way is via chat option on homesite. The red button appears on and off throughout the day/evening
  • Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited October 2017
    With CSL Elite Racing Wheel the curb effects doesn't exist in Project Cars 2, AC, R3E or other games (latest driver 293 and firmware installed).  Tested all settings (ingame and wheel). I can't feel the tires over curbs and I don't get rumble effects on whell on left or right side. With my CSW V2 is everthingy fine and I get great very realistic curb effects overall. But with CSL Elite Racing Wheel I get only a but rumble into Base but not on wheel.  I have tested with FEI 0-10 and off, but same problem. Even my Xbox One Controller has better rumble effects on curbs with left and right side. (Windows 10 fall creators)
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Gökhan,

you would be the first who recognizes that ;-) Can you please cross check with older firmwares or drivers to check if there is a difference? You're racing on PC with Win10, I would expect. Which wheel/base combination are you comparing? CSL E WB + ?? vs CSW V2 + ??
    Which track are you testing? 
  • With CSL Elite Racing Wheel the curb effects doesn't exist in Project Cars 2, AC, R3E or other games (latest driver 293 and firmware installed).  Tested all settings (ingame and wheel). I can't feel the tires over curbs and I don't get rumble effects on whell on left or right side. With my CSW V2 is everthingy fine and I get great very realistic curb effects overall. But with CSL Elite Racing Wheel I get only a but rumble into Base but not on wheel.  I have tested with FEI 0-10 and off, but same problem. Even my Xbox One Controller has better rumble effects on curbs with left and right side. (Windows 10 fall creators)
    Hi Gökhan,

you would be the first who recognizes that ;-) Can you please cross check with older firmwares or drivers to check if there is a difference? You're racing on PC with Win10, I would expect. Which wheel/base combination are you comparing? CSL E WB + ?? vs CSW V2 + ??
    Which track are you testing? 
    Its a known fact that Curb and Rumble strip feel in Pcars2 is Light ---> Pcars1 some tracks had better Curb Rumble strip feel than others and it varys greatly from track to track --> CSW v2 & CSW v2.5 --> Windows 10/64bit PC, PS4 and XBox1 tested. a Good track to test FFB feel is Watkins Glen short or Long --> Very Nice Road, Bump and Curb feel both tracks
  • I use JS files in pc2 to enhance ffb feel. They do a great job. ;)
  • edited October 2017
    For CSL E PS4 BASE owners, that uses it on PC. Go to the Fanatec property page and click settings tab. You'll see there that dampening strength is set to 100%. That should not be the case cause ALL forces will be damped. Set it to 0 and from there to you're own likings
  • @Armin Habermann and team. Is there any possibility for you to implement some kind of save file for wheel settings that gets transfered when performing an update or downgrade in firmware. Cause at days like this, when I'm swapping fw about 6 times a week, it would be very handy to have that option. Also for those that don't know this, and like almost non read through the manuals.... They loose every game setting. And race games grow in collection really fast.
    Hi Antoine,

right now this is not possible and this is faaaar away from an easy task/request. But we are aware that we could optimize things if there is a tuning menu <- -> PC connection/transfer. We are working on something but it is much to early to say anything about it + it is not sure if we can bring such features to previous products also. As you might know...we will always try to bring new features to everybody, if possible.
  • Okay, thanks for response
  • Im easily confused and all the different firmwares for the CSWv2 confuse me ! What is the latest and best firmware for CSWv2 ?
    I play all Sims on PC ! I currently have 289 Beta 299 firmware .
    Thanks .
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited November 2017
    Im easily confused and all the different firmwares for the CSWv2 confuse me ! What is the latest and best firmware for CSWv2 ?
    Thanks .
    Go to Fanatec homepage. Select support/FAQ. Then select downloads. Then select CSWv2 Servo under discontinued products. That should do it.
  • edited October 2017
    Hi to all, I try to use PS3 mode on PS3 GT6 game with paddle shifter and SSQ v1.5 n recognized lasr week. I change buttons in game config (g25, g27, dfp, dfp gt,...), power on only wheel base without ps3 controller in main menu before start game,... But no result. Left paddle was “rear view”, sequential shifter does not work and searching in bttons I find de “gear up/down” on blue and orange button of BMW rim wheel. I do anything wrong or fw (316) have assigned buttons issue? Thanks in advance, PS3 Gran Turismo 6 CSW V2 CSP V3 CSS V1.5 (Only connect csw v2 usb to port 1 ps3, and pedals/shifter to csw base)
  • Anyone playing Forza 7 on PC , does your ABS rumble work ?
  • Working realy well in my computer but can't ps3 mode working (gt2 wheel + 1.5shifter), 1° ps3 usb port, working great with my g27
    Any issue ?
    Thanks
  • Working realy well in my computer but can't ps3 mode working (gt2 wheel + 1.5shifter), 1° ps3 usb port, working great with my g27
    Any issue ?
    Thanks
    You may try changing cables. I know it sounds funny but it does fix the problem sometimes.
  • Witch cable ?
    Thanks
  • Witch cable ?
    Thanks
    USB cables - they are not all the same in specs.
  • I use the official usb cale from fanatec but i'll try another one.
    thanks
  • Hi to all, I try to use PS3 mode on PS3 GT6 game with paddle shifter and SSQ v1.5 n recognized lasr week. I change buttons in game config (g25, g27, dfp, dfp gt,...), power on only wheel base without ps3 controller in main menu before start game,... But no result. Left paddle was “rear view”, sequential shifter does not work and searching in bttons I find de “gear up/down” on blue and orange button of BMW rim wheel. I do anything wrong or fw (316) have assigned buttons issue? Thanks in advance, PS3 Gran Turismo 6 CSW V2 CSP V3 CSS V1.5 (Only connect csw v2 usb to port 1 ps3, and pedals/shifter to csw base)
    I already reported this issue to Fanatec, so they're aware.
  • Im easily confused and all the different firmwares for the CSWv2 confuse me ! What is the latest and best firmware for CSWv2 ?
    Thanks .
    Latest is fw 316 that comes with driver 292. You can also get it from V2.5 product page, tab downloads. It'll install V2 fw on your base.
    Any issue ?
    Thanks
    You may try changing cables. I know it sounds funny but it does fix the problem sometimes.
    Same bug with another usb cable, any other idea ?
    Thanks !
    Working realy well in my computer but can't ps3 mode working (gt2 wheel + 1.5shifter), 1° ps3 usb port, working great with my g27
    Any issue ?
    Hi Sylvain,

how should anybody be able to help you if you do not even mention which wheel (base) you are using? :-/
  • edited November 2017
    Base v2.5 // bmw gt2 wheel // v3 pedals // v1.5 shifter
    All plugged to the 2.5 base.
    Only one usb plugged to the ps3 directly
    Lastest firmware/drivers.^

Tried select + yellow (1s) and select + start (1s) but no luck too

Thanks ^^
  • edited November 2017
    Base v2.5 // bmw gt2 wheel // v3 pedals // v1.5 shifter
    All plugged to the 2.5 base.
    Only one usb plugged to the ps3 directly
    Lastest firmware/drivers.^

Tried select + yellow (1s) and select + start (1s) but no luck too

Thanks ^^
    the csw v2.5 does not support the ps3, there is no ps3 mode anymore
  • O.O
    So what's the lastest firmware with ps3 mode ?

Thanks
  • O.O
    So what's the lastest firmware with ps3 mode ?

Thanks
    There is no latest firmware which supports the ps3.
    The CSW v2.5 never supported the old ps3 mode (and probably never will), that one was only available on the "old" v2 model and other "older" wheels.
This discussion has been closed.