Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• I wouldn't leave it up to the technicians to do this. Now I know one would assume they would install the latest drivers to ensure it's working properly before sending it back to you. But in this case I would simply just install the drivers yourself. This way at least you know it's done.

Keith.
  • Thank you Keith you are right . You send a brand new V2.5 base and when you get it back you don’t know what was the problem . For God sacked they should give you a brand new replacement and not repair it .Its a good company but the eay they oporate is very cheap unlike USA companies where no one in the entire world can beat the American great system GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ITS GREAT PEOPLE AMEN
  • Let me be clear about something. I am in no way disparaging the technicians. I just believe sometimes you have to put the onus on yourself when the option is there and not leave it up to others.

Keith.
  • Well Kieth it’s a wrong way to take a brand new unit that I never had a chance to use no matter what they did all companies had a check list to what was done except here st Fanatec hope someone will look in to it and correct ITV.
  • Sam: Noone can answer your question if you dont mention which firmware is actually installed. Armin already wrote that every wheel rim shows the base firmware version after the boot sequence in the LCD Screen, but you did not mentioned which values are shown on your rim. It is not neccessary that in a repar the base gets a new firmware update. That is certainly possible but really not a must I think.
    So after you told us which firmware is actually installed you can finally get an answer if that is the newest one or not.

And for the driver: You have to install the latest driver for yourself anyway.
  • Thank you I do not know I have been in the Hospital was very sick on Easter and today is Thursday my first day home in a few days when I recover I will read all the posts and see what do I have to do . Trust me my health is more important than the whole money in this world . But I thank all the helpful members trying to help but still would like to have a list telling me what was done to my base ! I think it’s a law in the USA and it is my rights to known
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited April 2018
    But I thank all the helpful members trying to help but still would like to have a list telling me what was done to my base ! I think it’s a law in the USA and it is my rights to known
    Sam, why don't you just ask the support team? Simple...isn't it? They can also tell you which firmware is now on the base and answer all your other questions. The support live chat is online NOW and for another 10 hours.
    Looks like you are trying to avoid talking to the right people directly who are just there to help, assist and answer your questions. At the same time putting one serious complaint into every Forum post you make.
  • Ramen I am new and this is my first Fanatec item I bought and had no idea that I can chat directly with them . Thank you for letting me know . Not sure about the hours I am in LAs Vegas NV PST
    Hi Sam,

if the chat offer is shown on the main page, then you can chat right away. If not you can send a message/ticket. Check out these screenshots:

• Thank you my friend you’ve been very helpful . All this is a part of my therapy that for the first time my brains and body are moving after my last cardiac arrest and strike in 2005 plus I had 11 months ago two back surgeries that left me paralyzed but yesterday was my first day that I am walking free no wheelchair no walker just almost back to normal and after 11 months 24/7 in bed prying to the Lord and I did every effort and now I am at 90% back with one more surgery to install a Stimulator in my lower back to cut my pain to about %79 I almost gave up on my life but with a strong faith and witness I made it . I just turned last month 69 years old and hey it’s never too late I feel young inside out love people and have faith since I was a kid I pray twice to three times daily . I do appreciate all you effort you putting in to help . May the Lord keep you healthy and safe AMAEN
  • On my BMW Wheel when I power it on after it gets done spinning different directions it stops upside down. It been working fine then today it started doing that. is there a way i can fix it?
  • ok i fixed it. I just had to re flash the firmware.
    On my BMW Wheel when I power it on after it gets done spinning different directions it stops upside down. It been working fine then today it started doing that. is there a way i can fix it?
    Normally calibrating should be the solution, same way as you do after the FW update.
  • Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited April 2018
    Since I can't find anywhere else to post this, it might as well go in here :)
    Just updated to the new drivers for the CSW Base v2.5 (beta v310, Firmware v446, Motor Firmware v18)
    Under the settings tab (Driver) the "Damper settings are missing, is that correct? What is FEI in the tuning menu?
    It would also be nice to see a "Change log" with fixes for the new driver?
    Thanks
    Steve

• I already spend close to $3000.0 on Fanatec deal plus the fancy nave but not everything is working as it needs to work hope I can sell it get my money and go back to the easy one I had the Thrustmaster this is too complicated to me the pedaled , shifter etc you have to be I real young kid to learn it all . It looks great love it but did not used it once I still have to do adjustments on the shifter and peddles and hope one day it goes fine so I can use it . Looks like I just waisted my money
  • no change log about drive v310??
  • I already spend close to $3000.0 on Fanatec deal plus the fancy nave but not everything is working as it needs to work hope I can sell it get my money and go back to the easy one I had the Thrustmaster this is too complicated to me the pedaled , shifter etc you have to be I real young kid to learn it all . It looks great love it but did not used it once I still have to do adjustments on the shifter and peddles and hope one day it goes fine so I can use it . Looks like I just waisted my money
    The stuff is simple enough to figure out ... Smart phones are harder to learn than this stuff... it just takes patience.... What do tou Need help with??? Im Not young and i leaned it you can to.
  • Thank you very much for you support . I am trying but each time I go one step ahead I get sick since I have been suffering from my two back big surgeries for almost a year . But I am going to learn step by step read each item like pedals shifter and the base . My base was fixed by Fanatec USA a month ago and I don’t think that there is any new software except that I need to open my laptop hook up to set my peddles or I can do it like you program the shifter . But hey thanks again for your support
  • Since I can't find anywhere else to post this, it might as well go in here :)
    Just updated to the new drivers for the CSW Base v2.5 (beta v310, Firmware v446, Motor Firmware v18)
    Under the settings tab (Driver) the "Damper settings are missing, is that correct? What is FEI in the tuning menu?
    It would also be nice to see a "Change log" with fixes for the new driver?
    Thanks
    Steve

I play using the Clubsport Universal Hub, I have noticed that the group button 5 (Left, Mid, and right buttons) do not work....Having two hubs and 8 spare button groups, I have tested all hubs and buttons, and the group button 5 is still not working so, this is a driver fault? :(
    We should have separate threads for new drivers it would help immensely with feedback!
    Steve
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited April 2018
    No damping slider anymore in driver's screen with CSW v2?
    (310)
  • No damping slider anymore in driver's screen with CSW v2?
    (310)
    nope, was removed because it was overwritten by the Tuning menu values anyway. 
  • Can anyone tell me please, what FEI is, and what it does, in the tuning menu :)
  • Tried 310/445 in my CSW v2 but went back to 292/317. Ffb&driving feel was way worse ie in AC on Xbox X, and also drift setting was unusable, even setting 1 made wheel overly jerky and quite impossible to drive properly. Back to 292/317 and everything was abck to normal. Hopefully oncoming McL-wheel doesn't demand that newer driver/fw. 
  • I am new what do you mean by 292/317 ? CSW MINE IS V2.5 can you explain it clear please Thank you
  • Fanatec's driver version 292 which includes firmware 317(or was it 316?), at least when used with CSW v2 wheel base. And after that came that newer version driver 310, which includes possibility to flash CSW v2 to use firmware 445..
  • Where can I found and how the version I am on ?
  • When you turn on your wheel and it goes through the calibration, look at the numbers at the top when it stops and this will let you know if you are current or not. On my CSL Elite for PS4 wheelbase, the current version number is 448. I don't know what the previous numbers are though. I hope this helps.

Keith.
  • Has any one updated the ir CSW v2.5 Motor FW from this New Dr 310 FW 446 Motor FW 18??? I was going to update the Motor and the Message said the Motor FW installed on the wheel is Newer than the 1 in the Driver Package..... Not sure if i should update the Motor FW or Not.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Has any one updated the ir CSW v2.5 Motor FW from this New Dr 310 FW 446 Motor FW 18??? I was going to update the Motor and the Message said the Motor FW installed on the wheel is Newer than the 1 in the Driver Package..... Not sure if i should update the Motor FW or Not.

Both need to be updated Grimey. New firmware for McLaren and CSW
  • edited April 2018
    Did you get that same message about the motor FW being a down grade??? Did you do both Base FW and then Flash the Motor FW???

Wheel base and rim are working fine and i just did the base FW and skipped the separate Motor FW update ...i was going to do it just now and i got the message installed Motor FW is Newr than the motor FW in the driver package @-) ; i dont want to down grade motor FW unless its a must.

This discussion has been closed.