Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Hey folks,

it seems that a lot of you are having problems with the stuff. Since yesterday (i did the firmware update) my V3 pedals behave a little bit crazy. Driver version is 289, and the Firmware is 1.30. The problem is, that every time i reboot my computer, the brake pedal doesn't work. Clutch and Throttle is fine, but the brake only starts working again when select/unselect "Auto calibration mode. This kinda sucks, especially because before there was no problem at all.

Just to get things in correct line: First of all i did the Win10 Anniversary Update, after that i updated the V3s Firmware. Since then it's causing me several headaches. I do not think, that replacing the PCB will help, but i will contact the support anyway.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Marco,

your impression is not so right...we do have only one single confirmed issue with the latest driver/firmware package so far. 

Would you please properly analyze the issue and then report it to the Fanatec support team? 
    1. Test another USB port
    2. Test on another PC
    3. If possible test with an older firmware to make definitely sure if it is an hardware or software issue. 

THX
  • Hallo Armin,

thanks for your reply. One of your support guys sent me an actual driver package (289 Beta). The funny thing is, that i had the same driver and the same Firmware (1.30) installed before. Now everything is working like it should be.
  • I was lately thinking that it would be awesome if the driver window has some real feedback test buttons like Thrustmaster has. If press 'Test FFB' It just shakes madly and nothing else. 
  • Everyone hopes that someone will help me.
    Just buy the base Fanatec v 2.5 + pedal v3 + Shifter SQ V 1.5 for pc ...
    J to install everything and the devices are recognized by the PC and the software fanatec ..
    Until all goes well but when I run assetto corsa base v2.5 is not in the list. In fact no periphery detects ...
    Raceroom similar .. I remove the games and the is new telecharger similar not recognized by the games ....
    On the other hand the pc c ok everything is recognized ...
    I can not remember anything.
    Thank you in advance if you can help me .....
  • Charlie YowCharlie Yow Member
    edited July 2017
    Base v2.5 + pedal v3  Windows10 and v289.

After I update drivers and updated firmware on both base v2.5 and pedal v3, I get intermittent connection between base and PC.  When I move the pedals to their own USB (not threw base) the pedals work perfect.  The base will not stay connected for more than 2 minutes.  The computer continually rings with the USB connection -disconnection - connection - disconnection sounds.   

I have ran Driver Easy to identify any USB or chip set drivers that are not current.  The PC and all systems have the latest drivers.  The USB and chipset did need to be updated.

I initially though it was the USB cable.  So I moved the base off of my rig to use a straight (not 90 connector).  The new cable also had intermittent connection.  So I have concluded it is not the cable.

I uninstalled all drivers then went to version v273 again the base will not remain connected.  I did get the firmware to install and report correctly

I can see setup and run through some test of shift lights and vibrations.  But as soon as it disconnections I need to restart to get it back for 1 min.  

I experience the same disconnection with the 918 wheel and the carbon F1 wheel.

I have never even tried the wheel driving once.  I started the installation at 5pm...it is now 11pm.....

What additional tricks can I try before I send the base back?
  • edited July 2017
    Base v2.5 + pedal v3  Windows10 and v289.

After I update drivers and updated firmware on both base v2.5 and pedal v3, I get intermittent connection between base and PC.  When I move the pedals to their own USB (not threw base) the pedals work perfect.  The base will not stay connected for more than 2 minutes.  The computer continually rings with the USB connection -disconnection - connection - disconnection sounds.   

I have ran Driver Easy to identify any USB or chip set drivers that are not current.  The PC and all systems have the latest drivers.  The USB and chipset did need to be updated.

I initially though it was the USB cable.  So I moved the base off of my rig to use a straight (not 90 connector).  The new cable also had intermittent connection.  So I have concluded it is not the cable.

I uninstalled all drivers then went to version v273 again the base will not remain connected.  I did get the firmware to install and report correctly

I can see setup and run through some test of shift lights and vibrations.  But as soon as it disconnections I need to restart to get it back for 1 min.  

I have never even tried the wheel driving once.  I started the installation at 5pm...it is now 11pm.....

Make sure you Check the Screws INSIDE the Base Rim Hub Shaft and Wheel Rim Hub to make sure they are Snug and Tight --> The Middle Screw inside the Rim Wheel Hub some time works its self loose causing this problem... For Me once i identified that the Middle screw in the Wheel Rim Hub kept working its self loose several times i removed it and put a Small amount of Blue Loctight on the Screw and Screwed it Snugly back in ---> I have Not had this problem since. Edit: I also Have the Porsche and F1 Rim and problem occured both Rims --> For Me with Both Rims it was the Middle Screw in the Wheel Rim Hub that was Loose causing the Random Disconnect issue. --> Even if your Equipment is Brand New i suggest to Still Check to ensure that these screws are Snug --> Its a Long Screw so turn it until you feel it begin to have resistance to turn.
  • Base v2.5 + pedal v3  Windows10 and v289.

Make sure you Check the Screws INSIDE the Base Rim Hub Shaft and Wheel Rim Hub to make sure they are Snug and Tight --> The Middle Screw inside the Rim Wheel Hub some time works its self loose causing this problem... For Me once i identified that the Middle screw in the Wheel Rim Hub kept working its self loose several times i removed it and put a Small amount of Blue Loctight on the Screw and Screwed it Snugly back in ---> I have Not had this problem since. Edit: I also Have the Porsche and F1 Rim and problem occured both Rims --> For Me with Both Rims it was the Middle Screw in the Wheel Rim Hub that was Loose causing the Random Disconnect issue. --> Even if your Equipment is Brand New i suggest to Still Check to ensure that these screws are Snug --> Its a Long Screw so turn it until you feel it begin to have resistance to turn.
    Yep I had the same issue with a v2 base
  • Charlie YowCharlie Yow Member
    edited July 2017
    Ok..thanks for the response and the center screws on both base and wheels ( F1 and 918) did turn about 1.5 times before real snug.  I tried and no connection to PC regardless of USB port

UPDATE:  I chatted with support and went through the general verifications.  Fanatec issued an RMA.   We tried to put the wheel in boot mode without wheels.  The base goes into boot mode (8 second power button hold) then get 1/4 blue light at power button.  When the base is plugged into USB and drivers are installed the flash loader app is suppose to open.  We tried with wheels, with F1, with 918 with no wheels, with three different USB cables and several USB ports on PC.  No go...

I did try to see if a second PC would see base.  My house has 4 macs so I used my 27" 5k iMac with VMware - Windows 10 and it would not see base either.  Is this because of the virtual machine?  maybe...but I am 90% sure the base has an issue.

If I CClean the Registry and restart after uninstall of Fanatec drivers.  I can get base to show up as generic.  As soon as I install drivers v298 and v273 the base starts to disconnect and reconnect.  I can get to Preferences and see the 918 wheel or the F1 wheel and then can flash firmware  between each driver version...The wheel will ask for CAL.  Then it will connect and disconnect so much that it crashes the  windows GAME Controller...

Also I have the V3 pedals...They work all day long...I am back to my old school Fanatec GT3 RS wheel/base and new pedals....
  • is it possible to add in the for setting a step 5 ? I mean 0 5 10 15 etc... ?
    thank you !
  • Everyone hopes that someone will help me.
    Just buy the base Fanatec v 2.5 + pedal v3 + Shifter SQ V 1.5 for pc ...
    J to install everything and the devices are recognized by the PC and the software fanatec ..
    Until all goes well but when I run assetto corsa base v2.5 is not in the list. In fact no periphery detects ...
    Raceroom similar .. I remove the games and the is new telecharger similar not recognized by the games ....
    On the other hand the pc c ok everything is recognized ...
    I can not remember anything.
    Thank you in advance if you can help me .....
    The CSW v2.5 is very new and these games did not get CSW v2.5 support programmed in when they were released. Maybe an update of these games will add CSW v2.5 support, but if not you'll just have to use the CSW v2 preset in these games, and assign buttons manually.
    Hi Laurent,

it does not mean that the game does not support the hardware if there is no preset/profile. That just means that you might have to assign buttons manually. Sometimes you can just use the profile of the CSW V1. If there is no profile, in worst case, you do have to assign buttons and axis (pedals, steering) manually which is pretty common in PC games.
  • faisal  aleisafaisal aleisa Member
    edited August 2017
    hello all 

i want to report a bug for the (Universal Hub for Xbox One) when switching from PC to Xbox one 

i noticed after installing the drivers V289 and firmware that when connecting the hub it doesn't switch by default to Xbox one mode and i cant switch to Xbox mode when pressing <View button + X >.
    it used to work with my CSW V2 so i know its not broken and im trying to use it on my CSW v2.5 .
    and before posting my issue here i had a (CSL Steering Wheel P1) laying around so i used it as teats to make sure that nothing was wrong with the wheel base and after i teased it had no issues , so i attached the Universal hub for the last time and i started button mashing and it worked !!!

the button combination that  worked was <View Button + RSB or RB> and to switch back to PC mode is the default <view button + Y>

the button config didn't change in game on my Xbox only when switching mode . 

i noticed after installing the drivers V289 and firmware that when connecting the hub it doesn't switch by default to Xbox one mode and i cant switch to Xbox mode when pressing <View button + X >.

Hi Faisal,

did you read the changelog?
    "Wheel bases do now remember the mode in which mode it was used. 
    - If you are using a CSW V2 (or CSW V2.5, CSL E WB) with UHX in PC mode and you restart the wheel it will boot directly into the PC mode again
    - Same goes for the CSL E PS4. It will remember if you used PC, PS4 or the compatibility mode."

View + X must still work if you are using the buttons on top of the UHX. Please try that again. You can now also use View + Y to cycle through the modes. Like this you only need to remember one single button combination.
  • i noticed after installing the drivers V289 and firmware that when connecting the hub it doesn't switch by default to Xbox one mode and i cant switch to Xbox mode when pressing <View button + X >.

Hi Faisal,

did you read the changelog?
    "Wheel bases do now remember the mode in which mode it was used. 
    - If you are using a CSW V2 (or CSW V2.5, CSL E WB) with UHX in PC mode and you restart the wheel it will boot directly into the PC mode again
    - Same goes for the CSL E PS4. It will remember if you used PC, PS4 or the compatibility mode."

View + X must still work if you are using the buttons on top of the UHX. Please try that again. You can now also use View + Y to cycle through the modes. Like this you only need to remember one single button combination.
    hello armin 

confirmed i tested the mode change using the buttons on top of the UHX and it works like a charm kinda tricky if your used to the old way .
  • Hi everyone . 

I have a csw v2 and the v3 pedals with the shifter v1.5.

Since i mad the update is it normal that my sequential doesen work on the ps4 ?
    And on the other side on the pc the normal shift mode  doesen work does any body had that problem?

Thanks 

• Hi everyone . 

I have a csw v2 and the v3 pedals with the shifter v1.5.

Since i mad the update is it normal that my sequential doesen work on the ps4 ?
    And on the other side on the pc the normal shift mode  doesen work does any body had that problem?

Thanks 

That's definitely not normal. I would double check that you've updated everything correctly. If so I'd contact support.
    edited August 2017
    @ Toni

The firmware definitely does not have any problem with the shifter. Please make sure that the shifter is connected to the right port and that you eventually perform the calibration again. If there is still an issue you could test the shifter connected with the pedal cable....so if you contact our support we will directly have more information what the issue could be.
  • Ok thank you I checked everything and it still does it. So how do I contact them? Sorry I'm new and I don't know yet everything. But thank you guys it's kind of you
  • Ok thank you I checked everything and it still does it. So how do I contact them? Sorry I'm new and I don't know yet everything. But thank you guys it's kind of you
    Go to the main Fanatec webshop page and a red box will appear on the right side. It is for tech support chat. It's only during certain times of the day. If you're not able to chat during this time then select "support / FAQ" at the top of the page and it will walk you through starting a support ticket. Hope this helps. Any other questions please feel free ask.
  • Ok thank you Chris
  • Fred VAVELINFred VAVELIN Member
    edited August 2017
    Hello. How to use the shifter in  sequential mod and Static Shifter Paddles simultaneously, please ?
  • Hello. How to use the shifter in  sequential mod and Static Shifter Paddles simultaneously, please ?
    Are you wanting to use both at the same time? I'm not sure this is possible. I would contact Fanatec support. Chat support would be the quickest way to get a response. Go to the Fanatec homepage and click on the red box on the right side. They have only select hours so if you don't see it check back later or submit a standard support ticket.
  • I found. It is actually possible to use both. Just check "Enable map Shifter ..." in the properties of FANATEC WHEEL BASE
  • I found. It is actually possible to use both. Just check "Enable map Shifter ..." in the properties of FANATEC WHEEL BASE
    Great! I don't have the static paddles so I wasn't sure. Great job finding it.
  • What is new in the v292 driver ?
  • Where did you find a v292 driver?
  • Whats different with tge ew FW??? Is there a change log???? I Noticed it does Not say Beta Maybe its the same just a final version???
This discussion has been closed.