Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• I dunno what or if anything Changed but the FW feels Really Good with Race Room.... I think its a tad bit more refined FFB wise but its Hard to tell because I havent been Racing alot due to summer time Shennangins and fun \m/ Sooo far sooo Good No PC Crashes, Game Lock ups, Wheel Disconnects etc seems very stable.
  • yes, many times. there is no change log for new driver and FW

• Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited August 2017
    Anyone tested 292 with V2 and specially with consoles? Tried 289 and its FW but changed back to 261 cause wheel's centre ffb was quite a much worse, especially with console Dirt and Assetto.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Rami

I am sorry to say that, but we did not change anything which could have change the feeling in the wheel center. On the V2 we did not touch FFB in general since V261
  • Hi Armin,

can you tell us what has changed in the driver over the previous version v289? Im using a CSW V2.5. And to me the FFB is even more detailed than before. Good work! 
    :)>-

Hi,

there have been many small changes which I cannot report. The relevant changes have been mentioned here:
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/554/new-tuning-parameter-force-effects-intensity-fei-beta-firmware-survey
  • Hi Armin,

can you tell us what has changed in the driver over the previous version v289? Im using a CSW V2.5. And to me the FFB is even more detailed than before. Good work! 
    :)>-

Yes i agree!!! FFB feels more fefined!!!! I even set a New Personal Best!!! Race Room Laguna Seca, Stock/Untuned Gt3 Ruf i been tryig to get a 1:24.xxx for a bit Now and finally Got it with the New FW. . ..Something seems better Great work.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited September 2017
    The new FW everyone is raving about... is it the V292 most recently under discussion? This thread is about V289, so I am a bit confused. Thanks.
  • Nothing to be confused about... I guess there were Not enough signifigant changes made to warrent making a v292 thread but there is a New FW posted in the Download section.... as Armin stated they havent adjusted the FFB since 261 but there were Many small Changes made that he can not report on---> It could just be they found a New or better way to program that makes the wheel work more efficient without having to readjust the FFB parameters.... Or Maybe were all just Crazy LOL
  • Nothing to be confused about... I guess there were Not enough signifigant changes made to warrent making a v292 thread but there is a New FW posted in the Download section.... as Armin stated they havent adjusted the FFB since 261 but there were Many small Changes made that he can not report on---> It could just be they found a New or better way to program that makes the wheel work more efficient without having to readjust the FFB parameters.... Or Maybe were all just Crazy LOL
    Well, atleast the two of us feel the same improvements on the CSW xD So you are not alone :P
  • edited September 2017
    @ Rami

I am sorry to say that, but we did not change anything which could have change the feeling in the wheel center. On the V2 we did not touch FFB in general since V261
    You did (may be unintentionally).  It much better on V261 in comparison to V289.
  • @ Rami

You did (may be unintentionally).  It much better on V261 in comparison to V289.
    have you tried deleting and  reinstalling the driver  then reflashing your wheel??? maybe you didnt get a clean Dr install or a clean wheel FW flash.
  • edited September 2017
    @ Rami

have you tried deleting and  reinstalling the driver  then reflashing your wheel??? maybe you didnt get a clean Dr install or a clean wheel FW flash.

...many times . The huge difference between v261 and v289.  Especially in FH3.
  • edited September 2017

Have you checked all your wheel settings Dri,For,,Spr,Dpr and set them back according to what you normally use?
    I'm on PC and the FW feels Great!!!  i haven't tried the FW on console yet... i will fir up the XB1 this weekend test and report back...If something really feels different don't panic hold on there will probably be a console update that comes out that straighten things out....PC gets updates all the time to fix this that or just update stuff and as we all know it takes a tad bit longer for it to get to console.

• edited September 2017

Have you checked all your wheel settings Dri,For,,Spr,Dpr and set them back according to what you normally use?
    I'm on PC and the FW feels Great!!!  i haven't tried the FW on console yet... i will fir up the XB1 this weekend test and report back...If something really feels different don't panic hold on there will probably be a console update that comes out that straighten things out....PC gets updates all the time to fix this that or just update stuff and as we all know it takes a tad bit longer for it to get to console.

i'm on PC.  Never use on-wheel settings (they always off). V292 feel a little better on pcars2, still not as good as 261 on FH3.
  • I tried the 292 on XB1 FMH3/ Pcars 1 and i must say that its Really Nice..In fact I dunno what it is the The FW 292 or the FW 292/ v2.5 wheel combo but FM 6 feels better than it Ever Felt!!! I haven't played FM6 in almost 2yrs in fact FM6 sucked soooo bad that i never even gave it a Go with the v2.5 because i moved on to PC, i just decided to give it a try just because i was testing different games and WOW!!! Yes it still feels very Arcade like but the Steering Now has road texture and real road feel to it!!! The car weight transfer doesn't feel like just weight being applied to the wheel without any useful driving info ---> You can actually feel the car as it progressively looses Grip before it breaks loose  and tell what the car is doing and catch slides!!! Yes i know Nothing was supposed to change but things definitely feel more dialed in and refined.

Tested on PC Pcars,Assetto Corsa, Race Room  and all is really good...i even set 2 new best times 1 on race room and 1 on Pcars \:D/
  • Hello, just wanted to ask why is no more emulation of the g27 in PS3 for the csw v2 since firmware 204, now says g27 wheel in the controllers panel but when click in properties it shows logitech driving force, in gt6 theres no support for h-shifter not even the paddles shifter.
    Please put back the logitech g27 emulation
    [-O<
  • Hello, I updated to v316, and now I have mixed pedals on Project Cars on PC the clutch is accellerator pedal and brake pedal only works halfway when fully pressed. CSW V3 works fine on xbox one games though.
  • Hello, I updated to v316, and now I have mixed pedals on Project Cars on PC the clutch is accellerator pedal and brake pedal only works halfway when fully pressed. CSW V3 works fine on xbox one games though.
    Did you re-assign and re-calibrate the pedals in pCARS?
  • change to my last comment, CSW V2 does not switch over to xbox mode......No green lights....

And yes, I did re-assign and re-calibrate in project cars on PC.

• change to my last comment, CSW V2 does not switch over to xbox mode......No green lights....

And yes, I did re-assign and re-calibrate in project cars on PC.

Time to contact support.
    change to my last comment, CSW V2 does not switch over to xbox mode......No green lights....

Hi,
    did you check the manual how to switch to Xbox One Mode? Which buttons are you pressing? As you might know the base does not switch anymore by iteself. It always remembers the last mode you used.
  • edited September 2017

ok
    I switched to xbox one mode, seems to be working now.....

Thank you

• edited September 2017
    Setup: V2.5, BMW rim, V3 pedals. Pcars2 on pc hard copy. With driver V292 fw 317 I can't assign the wheel nor pedals and also not able to calibrate them
  • Setup: V2.5, BMW rim, V3 pedals. Pcars2 on pc hard copy. With driver V292 fw 319 I can't assign the wheel nor pedals and also not able to calibrate them
    Did you maybe flashed a wrong firmware on your base? My base has fw 317 installed which is the one that came with driver 292 and is working fine.

If you have any troubles, delete your controller settings file in the Project Cars 2 folder under "my documents" and disable steam cloud saving. Then start the game and select everything from scratch. Just select the v2.5 in the controller options and wheel and pedal axis should be already good to go, just different button mapping of taste.

• edited September 2017
    typo, sorry
    And will try that thnx
    where do I disable Steam Cloud saving? In game or in Steam?

• Okay Maurice, deleting the controls file did the trick. THANK YOU very much
  • Updated firmware on my CSW v2 about a week ago.  Expected to see v289 after the flash, I'm seeing 316.  I calibrated the wheel no issues.  I only use it with an XB1- and everything appears ok running both Forza 7 demo and Project Cars 2 and 1.  I did notice I have a much smaller menu of setting options - only seeing sens/for/sho/abs/dri/brf.  Wheel starts fine and goes into XB mode without issue.  My question is, should I retain 316 if I'm not having issues?  Will 316 be an official firmware release?  Should I reflash back to 289?  If reflashing back, are there any special instructions (hex file) I need to follow to get the right firmware?

• Updated firmware on my CSW v2 about a week ago.  Expected to see v289 after the flash, I'm seeing 316.  I calibrated the wheel no issues.  I only use it with an XB1- and everything appears ok running both Forza 7 demo and Project Cars 2 and 1.  I did notice I have a much smaller menu of setting options - only seeing sens/for/sho/abs/dri/brf.  Wheel starts fine and goes into XB mode without issue.  My question is, should I retain 316 if I'm not having issues?  Will 316 be an official firmware release?  Should I reflash back to 289?  If reflashing back, are there any special instructions (hex file) I need to follow to get the right firmware?

Well, FW 316 is the latest one which comes with the DRIVER 292. There is not FW 289, you mix-up Driver and firmware. 289 was an earlier driver version but there was no FW 289. Also smaller Tuning menu is as designed, Linearity and Deadzone were removed from the tuning menu as there was no sense in these settings nowadays at all anymore.
    So all good. ;-)
  • Ok, thank you for the follow up.  Sounds like I'm up to date, and good to go.

This discussion has been closed.