Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Can I rollback to previous driver?
    I know this new driver is a back door patch for Gt Sport and thou is far from perfect I am truly thankfull Fanatec have given us some FFB in Gt Sport. 
    But.... and its a big but.
    The wheel calibration/center is a major problem. The wheel (calibrated to center) begins the session 100% centered. Within a lap or two, if not less, the wheel goes out of center by 5-15 degs. What i did notice is that the direction it goes off center is always the direction of the track. Counterclockwise circuit sterring goes off center to the left, Clockwise circuit sterring goes off center to the right.
    And its getting worse every day. Is it possible that the Belt is slipping? But i would have thought the position sensor would be on the steering shaft not the motor itself right?
    I thought this problem was only Gt Sport/Compatibility mode specific, but to my dismay its happenign to all games... F1 2017 and PC2 while in "blue" PS4 Mode.  
    AARRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! 
    Anyhow this never was a problem before the new driver was released and I noticed a few other people are suffering similar problems. 
    For now (untill GT Sport is Fixed) i would rather revert back to previous driver which i have saved on my PC from before... Is this possible?
  • edited October 2017
    I would say yes you can. Delete the driver, install the previous one and update the firmware to that version which ist included in the old driver package. That's what I did with my CSW V2 base because the newest firmware for the V2 base does not work with the Cronusmax in wheel mode.
    I hope I will find some time today to test my CSL Elite with F1 2016 using this amazing Formula One carbon rim. Then I can share my results regarding your center calibration issue.
  • edited October 2017
    Can I rollback to previous driver?
    I know this new driver is a back door patch for Gt Sport and thou is far from perfect I am truly thankfull Fanatec have given us some FFB in Gt Sport. 
    But.... and its a big but.
    The wheel calibration/center is a major problem. The wheel (calibrated to center) begins the session 100% centered. Within a lap or two, if not less, the wheel goes out of center by 5-15 degs. What i did notice is that the direction it goes off center is always the direction of the track. Counterclockwise circuit sterring goes off center to the left, Clockwise circuit sterring goes off center to the right.
    And its getting worse every day. Is it possible that the Belt is slipping? But i would have thought the position sensor would be on the steering shaft not the motor itself right?
    I thought this problem was only Gt Sport/Compatibility mode specific, but to my dismay its happenign to all games... F1 2017 and PC2 while in "blue" PS4 Mode.  
    AARRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! 
    Anyhow this never was a problem before the new driver was released and I noticed a few other people are suffering similar problems. 
    For now (untill GT Sport is Fixed) i would rather revert back to previous driver which i have saved on my PC from before... Is this possible?
    If you can fine tune the ffb in game, like I did with AC in beta testing days, I think you'd better install driver V261. I personally had much better feel than when FEI was introduced. Felt it last night when I did a quick downgrade to feel ffb difference with AC on PC. So yes, just install driver V261, click update tab in the Fanatec application and ignore the warning that this is older fw then the one installed. Connect and flash fw will do the trick. Recalibration of wheel and shifter, if you have one, is needed... But after that you'll be fine.
  • I just got a fantec csl Wheel PS4.Everything seems to work fine but there‘s a problem with the display segment.It doesn’t seem to work properly.It doesn‘t do display or show anything while driving like..speed or gear shift.Wondering does anyone have the same problem?
    Buy yourself Assetto Corsa, and use the wheel in ps4 mode, blue light. You'll be blown away ;)
  • Does Drive Hub with CSW 2.5 will be a better choice than Elite PS4 wheel in terms of performance if don't consider the cost?

I am still confusing CSW 2.5 with Drive Hub vs Elite Wheel PS4. 
    If you wanna use it for pc racing too. Definitely go for V2.5. If only PS4, it's up to you. The DriveHub also seems to emulate a G29 and a PS4 base I guess.
  • I just got a fantec csl Wheel PS4.Everything seems to work fine but there‘s a problem with the display segment.It doesn’t seem to work properly.It doesn‘t do display or show anything while driving like..speed or gear shift.Wondering does anyone have the same problem?
    Buy yourself Assetto Corsa, and use the wheel in ps4 mode, blue light. You'll be blown away ;)
    What are your AC settings? even with mine in "Blue" mode mine feels like it does on GT Sport. Awful. 
  • Jens GraupnerJens Graupner Member
    edited October 2017
    The Wheel works fine in purple Mode but my CS Pedals V2 wont work at all when connected directly to the wheel. ( PS2 to RJ12 )
    USB works fine but USB doesnt work on the PS4 at least without some Adapters. Its so annoying. -.-
    Is anyone having the same Problem and does have a solution for that?
  • edited October 2017
    ... I hope I will find some time today to test my CSL Elite with F1 2016 using this amazing Formula One carbon rim. Then I can share my results regarding your center calibration issue.
    After a few rounds at Silverstone (AC) I can say I don't have any center calibration issues so far. F1 2016 is not yet tested.
    One additional question. What does the LED on the rim indicate? I mean that small one above the PS button in the middle of the rim.
    What are your AC settings? even with mine in "Blue" mode mine feels like it does on GT Sport. Awful. 
    Testing couldn't be done today, but I will tomorrow. Can't remember settings by mind. But be sure to let the game decide spring and damper feel. So in wheel settings turn those OFF, FEI also OFF. FF to 100 and In game: gain 100% and sliders to your own likings.
  • The Wheel works fine in purple Mode but my CS Pedals V2 wont work at all when connected directly to the wheel. ( PS2 to RJ12 )
    USB works fine but USB doesnt work on the PS4 at least without some Adapters. Its so annoying. -.-
    Be sure to press the PS/2 connectors really hard together, cause they seem to have some issues connecting when slightest bit loose.
  • hi guys, just got the csl elite pedals and ps4 wheel yesterday, amazing pieces of kit. never have i seen such great materials being used :o love it!

so i updated the wheel, and turned on ps4 and played GT sport, but i only got a strong centering spring and no ffb. any ideas on what mich be the problem?

• edited October 2017
    Set it in purple mode? Read through comments. Curb and road feel is next to nothing. But some of us posted some settings above to make it playable
  • will the CSW V2 ever be supported by GT Sport, just bought it, big failure, Spent 60€ for nothing.My CSW V2 is still working with with PC1 and PS4. Stupid licenses issues nowadays. The cusotmer is the one who suffers. Next time I get a Thrustmaster to be on the save side.
    Testing couldn't be done today, but I will tomorrow. Can't remember settings by mind. But be sure to let the game decide spring and damper feel. So in wheel settings turn those OFF, FEI also OFF. FF to 100 and In game: gain 100% and sliders to your own likings.
    Okay, Are you playing AC on PC? There is no gain slider on PS4.

Only FFB Master, Curb FFB, Road FFB, Understear effects.

Thanks Antoine
  • The Wheel works fine in purple Mode but my CS Pedals V2 wont work at all when connected directly to the wheel. ( PS2 to RJ12 )
    Be sure to press the PS/2 connectors really hard together, cause they seem to have some issues connecting when slightest bit loose.
    I tried. If i push even harder i think its gonna brake. It worked perfectly with my CSR Wheel which i had before. But now on the CSL there isnt any function at all. Sometimes it recognizes the Pedals when the Wheel is in PC Mode but no chance in any other Mode sadly. But i think it may have to do with newest Firmware update. After i installed it i cant use my Wheel to Navigate in Forza 7 for example. It works and the FFB is fine but i have to use my Keyboard or my Gamepad to navigate trough the Menus. I contacted Fanatec about this Problem a few Days ago but ive gotten any answer yet.
  • I have the collectors edition of GT. However the application has replicated three DLC cars twice and now has a hazard logo in game over the three saying the rights are not found please download. Yet the three cars are fully functional, can be selected and used so i'm stuck as to what I can do.

Restored licenses, installed DLC separately and and the issue still persists which is rather annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this bug?
  • One additional question. What does the LED on the rim indicate? I mean that small one above the PS button in the middle of the rim.
    I can't find anything in the Manual regarding this LED.
  • One additional question. What does the LED on the rim indicate? I mean that small one above the PS button in the middle of the rim.
    I can't find anything in the Manual regarding this LED.
    On which rim?
  • That one which ia included in the PS4 CSL Elite package.
  • edited October 2017
    This one. I'm talking about the small LED above the PS button. I have no idea of it's purpose. It's always off so far.
  • Not anything to do with the mode button? 

Could be wrong could be something for shifters too.

Who knows, I've not used the stock rim for a long time but my clubsport rims and base are generally quite below expectations at the moment.
  • will the CSW V2 ever be supported by GT Sport, just bought it, big failure, Spent 60€ for nothing.My CSW V2 is still working with with PC1 and PS4. Stupid licenses issues nowadays. The cusotmer is the one who suffers. Next time I get a Thrustmaster to be on the save side.
    No.
    The CSW v2 wont be compatible with PS4 and that was stated multiple times since years now tbh... Buy CronusMax and it will be compatible but native support will never happen, sorry.
    Okay, Are you playing AC on PC? There is no gain slider on PS4.

Only FFB Master, Curb FFB, Road FFB, Understear effects.

Thanks Antoine
    FFB master is same as gain. It's been a while I played AC on ps4, sorry
    No.
    The CSW v2 wont be compatible with PS4 and that was stated multiple times since years now tbh... Buy CronusMax and it will be compatible but native support will never happen, sorry.
    Or DriveHub ;) @Thorsten Rinkenberger The led is the same as the one on the P1 X1 wheel.. And as you can see the mold or cutting of plate is all the same for the 3 wheels, P1, P1 Elite and PS4. I don't know anymore if the led is currently being used to see its X1 connected or not... But it will be in future and so will it be for ps4 if I remember right.
  • Leo WongLeo Wong Member
    edited October 2017
    I normally consider myself as a calm and patient person, but I’m starting to get really annoyed with PC2/Fanatec CSL/PS4 Pro combination.. And I think I’m not the only one that feels had (to say it politely).. Ad least one of these company’s screws up badly.. But when AC/Fanatec CSL/PS4 works great, GTS/Fanatec CSL/PS4 reasonable in compatibility mode, D4/Fanatec CSL/Ps4 great it seems obvious who is the odd one out.. It’s not the € 100 that seems wasted, but the fact that I spend much more time in thinkering the settings (and believe me I’ve tried them all) then having nice races.. Very very disappointing PC2 team, all the beautiful features but undriveable for me and most Fanatec owners on the PS4..
  • Yeah, and if you tell them the truth... You'll get a very rude answer from mister Ian Bell himself, or even get banned on forum. I know it's my final copy I bought of pbugs.. No more in future
  • Yeah, and if you tell them the truth... You'll get a very rude answer from mister Ian Bell himself, or even get banned on forum. I know it's my final copy I bought of pbugs.. No more in future

On the one hand I can understand how complicated it can be to line up all the variables, 6 on the wheel and 4-5 in game, but this is big business for them.. In the race to release before GT Sport the sold us a WIP or even worse a product what can’t deliver as promoted..   

• I am dissapointed from gtsports and thinking to switch to forza7. Did anyone know if the cslelite ps4 wheel base will work with xbox one x ? Thanks
  • Yeah it does, BUT you'll have to buy the X1 Uhub, X1 CSL P1 (ELITE) wheel
  • Ok, thanks. Did the hub fit on the f1 rim ?