Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• No I don't think so.
  • Richard CraigRichard Craig Member
    edited October 2017
    Did the hub fit on the f1 rim ?
    The hub is like a button box which you can fit almost any real life rim to, or a selection from Fanatec themselves. The wheel rim (with no buttons) fits onto the hub, which then connects onto the base via quick release.
  • This one. I'm talking about the small LED above the PS button. I have no idea of it's purpose. It's always off so far.
    I have exactly the same. it is always off. but when I attach the Xbox One Elite Wheel to the CSL Elite base then it lights up. So weird.

For as far as steering. I used the setting from Jonathan Adams and then set the SEN to 054 instead of auto (540 degreed) and I can finally races normally. I got alot of golds and silvers in Driving School. Won a couple of races so this works great for me on the CSL Elite PS4 Edition Base with the PS4 wheel.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited October 2017
    GTS feels shitty now....no real feel of the road, no grip. The "rally mode" races are really horrible, the cars slide around like driving on ice with slicks. I am very annoyed about the unrealistic sound of sliding tires all the time driving through corners....even with GT3 class in no high speed corners...just ridiculous.
    I hope the game gets patched soon....need CSL ELITE supported and need the car physics patched. Asseto Corsa feels just much more better than GTS. Does anybody knows why the CSL ELITE is also not supported in ASSETTO CORSA on PS4? Will that be the case soon aswell?

I'm not happy about the game itself.
    Other than graphically, nothing has changed. Tire noise is still the same as the previous titles. Dirt races handling feels horrendous. The car doesn't have grip whatsoever. The cars feel very sloppy.
    For the amount of time the game has been in development, I would expect something more refined.
    Don't tell me that it is just a demo and things may change until the game is getting release because i doubt much will change until 10/17/2017.
    Overall I'm not very pleased with the experience and the fact that the wheel is not compatible with the game does not bother me a bit.
    With all the great titles out there, I rather save my money and spend it on other more polished simulation games.

• Assetto is supported by the Fanatec CSL, you just have to create your own profile for it.

i've struggled really dialling in settings for my BMW GT2 rim and when I put this to Fanatec speaking of GT Sport as well they said well you'd be better off buying the CSW 2.5. i bought this under the impression it had charactistics of the CSW being performance, smoothness delivery of forces but nothing has really changed 7 i'm quite underwhelmed by the CSL Elite wheel.
  • Hello guys, I'm having and issue in AC PS4, went mapping buttons in the game the ABS and the TRAC and assigned to the wheel they don't work even if I use the O and X we're they are assained in the original layout is this for the firmware upgrade or I'm doing something wrong, will appreciate your help. Regards and have a good race
  • Hello guys, I'm having and issue in AC PS4, went mapping buttons in the game the ABS and the TRAC and assigned to the wheel they don't work even if I use the O and X we're they are assained in the original layout is this for the firmware upgrade or I'm doing something wrong, will appreciate your help. Regards and have a good race
    It is a problem in Assetto Corsa. Has been there since the release of CSL elite.. Hopefully they will fix it some day.
  • Assetto is supported by the Fanatec CSL, you just have to create your own profile for it.

i've struggled really dialling in settings for my BMW GT2 rim and when I put this to Fanatec speaking of GT Sport as well they said well you'd be better off buying the CSW 2.5. i bought this under the impression it had charactistics of the CSW being performance, smoothness delivery of forces but nothing has really changed 7 i'm quite underwhelmed by the CSL Elite wheel.
    You guys are absolutely right, fw 335 is some damping ffb forces a whole lot and gives me a floaty feel as if steering help is always activated. Still trying to find out the cause. But Try this mate. Erase the Fanatec app from pc. Download driver 289, install it. Hook up the ps4 base and update/downgrade to fw 297. Just click yes if you're asked to be sure cause it's previous fw. This one has no FEI settings, so you'll have to fine tune the sliders in game. Wheel settings: spr and DPR to OFF, Dri=OFF, BRF own likings and rest default. In game: master 100, start out with everything 50% and lower or upper values. But base clips easy so I've got mine between 30 and 45%. I've also got extra slip checked.
  • edited October 2017
    Assetto is supported by the Fanatec CSL, you just have to create your own profile for it.

What !! Do you have more problems  (than the one we already know -> average FFB in compatibility mode aka purple led) in GTS with the BMW GT2 rim than with the original CSL rim ? Because I am / was interested in this wheel specifically because I will use multiple wheels (from fanatec and mines too with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub) but I'm really concerned about what you're saying ! Can you explain what are the problems you have with the BMW GT2 rim on your CSL Elite ?

I was about to buy the CSL Elite PS4 yesterday but I decided to wait. There is only 5 games that are officially "PS4 ready" : Assetto Corsa, Dirt 4, F1 2017, Project Cars2, WRC 7 for now (Firmware version 335). Unfortunately, this is the first official Fanatec wheel for PS4 and from what I can read in the forums (gtplanet, fanatec, projectcars) people are not really happy with how it performs on the PS4 yet. Assetto Corsa seems to offer the best FFB experience (even though there is still mapping and handbrake problem), for Project Cars 2 and GT Sport the best advice seems to use the compatibility mode and the result is far from what you could expect.

I understand that the wheel is "new" and it takes time for the dev to integrate it on their games for the PS4. So I'm looking how it is evolving with the 3 main titles on the forum before buying the complete set on Fanatec's website.

It is a problem in Assetto Corsa. Has been there since the release of CSL elite.. Hopefully they will fix it some day.
    Thanks, a big issue there hope they fix it too.
    Thanks, a big issue there hope they fix it too.
    Kimmo but just remembering it was working after the last firmware upgrade.
  • Nope never worked. We even had double usage of some buttons. Claxon+brake bias down for example
  • After playing with the settings in GT Sport and the CSL Elite wheel, here are my findings: GT Sport Settings (Options/Advanced) Controller Steering Sensitivity: 7 Force Feedback Torque: 5 Force Feedback Sensitivity: 5 CSL Elite Setttings: Sen: Auto DRL: -5 FEI: 50 Several things still bother me with the above: 1. The wheel shakes violently when increasing the FFB torque, which detracts from road feel. 2. Having the wheel rotation set to “Auto” is quite limiting. I prefer to have a small wheel rotation setting (160 degrees) however, when using this setting, the wheel vibrates violently when there is no load (going straight). 3. The above setting muffles the rumble going over curbs, which detracts from road feel and sensitivity. As a seperate issue, I’m also unable to get my older CSL Elite pedals to work. I purchased the PS2-RJ12 cable, but have been unable to get the wheel to recognize the pedals at all (tested using the downloaded PC settings program). Any recommendations would be appreciated.
  • Contact support about CSL E pedal problem. Quickest way is Chat button on home site. It is on and off visible throughout the day
  • edited October 2017
    Guys n Girls, check this one: FEI explenation

FEI must at least be 100 to feel FULL FFB. OFF means maximum smoothing.
    I've set it to 060 and feels a whole lot better.
  • Thomas, I know I'm of subject but can you comment on the mixed reality wheel you are working on with Microsoft. Also the club sport shifter knob that works with the technology. Is it the true that the wheel and shifter knob works with the normal fanatec gear?
  • Thomas, I know I'm of subject but can you comment on the mixed reality wheel you are working on with Microsoft. Also the club sport shifter knob that works with the technology. Is it the true that the wheel and shifter knob works with the normal fanatec gear?
    How, what, where?
  • Guys, 

Just watching today in the download page see there's a new version of the driver 293 did any one hear about what the difference is?

Have a nice race!
  • If it's xbox one x compatable to go with the xbox vr (AR) then it's probably 2 years away but you are talking about the podium stuff I'm wonderin how it ties in? It would solve a lot of vr problems regarding seeing your wheel and shifter.and the current wheel bases and shifter knob's are interchangeable so they could easily be compatible.
  • Guys, 

Just watching today in the download page see there's a new version of the driver 293 did any one hear about what the difference is?

Have a nice race!
    Maybe reading all the above will help you ;)
  • edited October 2017
    Just to get it right.

UPDATE

...but you can enjoy full force feedback and support for the rev lights and the ClubSport Shifter if you install the latest firmware v335 (which is included in the driver v293) on your wheel.
    And...
    Guys, 

Just watching today (Oct. 24th) in the download page see there's a new version of the driver 293 did any one hear about what the difference is?

Have a nice race!
    Does that mean we have an updated version 293 now? I mean a revised 293 compared to that one which has been released on Oct.18th? The download link is flagged with '*new*' which was not the case on Oct. 18th. And the file size for the 32 bit version changed from 20.232KB to 20.252KB. At least somehow confusing... 
  • edited October 2017
    I'm gonna install it within an hour... I'll compare what's different. If there are differences.. They must be tweaked little things, but I can't see or feel anything different.
  • I installed it and it was the same driver 335. I wasn't noticing a great deal of difference to be quite honest. I noticed the wheel (BMW) felt heavier, the settings were default from Fanatec but feedback was largely the same and GT still performed the same for me in blue mode as before. Not sure whether this driver is a pre cursor to an incoming update for GT Sport updating the wheels and games compatibility but largely unaffected through my experiences just a heavier wheel.

Wheel settings were default (DRI off, FEI off) People say about turning FEI up but I don't get the translation of forces people are speaking of, only when I go over bumps which was there anyway before it just increases the mechanical rattle which seems to be more severe with the FEI update than before. 

It still makes me question, why does it all have to be so complicated? We're using console developed titles which are limited I feel this wheelbase is too technical and advanced for the console market as it currently sits because for all the settings we have available I don't think with how the games are developed it would either enhance or detract a great deal. Much like the PS4 Pro development for games vs standard PS4. 

Look forward to peoples thoughts! 
  • Scott AvoyScott Avoy Member
    edited October 2017
    It still makes me question, why does it all have to be so complicated? 
    I agree to some extent.  As a wheel marketed to console users it should be a plug and play affair.  Logitech, you just plug it in (and have poor feedback).  Thrustmaster, you update the FW and plug it in (and wait for it to die).  The ability to adjust all the parameters is nice but as a newcomer to the Fanatec ecosystem it seems like a lot of the "adjustments" that make all this so complicated are really patches to fix other issues.

Drift - From what i can tell this was added to control wheel oscillation
    FEI - From what i can tell this was added only to eliminate the belt noise of the CSLE

As an engineering manager I joke with my staff that we do not take the approach of -  "If it isn't broken, add more features until it is!".   Are we at that point here?

IMO, as a console wheel, the default mode should have no adjustments.  You should just update the FW, plug it in, and use it....and it should operate at 95% of its ability.  If the user wants to adjust parameters to get that last 5% of performance they should have to enter "advanced mode" where the tuning menus become available.  If you make things overly complicated, people will not buy it.

Personally, I went back to a driver that doesn't have FEI since my studio monitors are loud enough to cover up any noise.  It's just one less thing to worry / think / obsess about.  When GTS supports this wheel I'll play GTS...but i'm not going to waste time playing in a mode that emulates a G29 and then complain that it isn't right...is that any surprise that the feel isn't right?  When PCars2 & AC have better FFB coding with this wheel hopefully this will be a bit better.

SA

• Hi, another one for you guys did you notice difference in the new compatibility mode in PC1 is better now or the v2 mode will feel better.
  • New GT Sport update:

No Fanatec integration. Just fixes for the issues related to Thrustmaster hardware and a few DS4 updates.

I have to say now a week in i'm really not satisfied with where things stand. If I wanted a G29 I would have bought one, and for all peoples beliefs and views on this product I personally like others have not seen the levels of performance that I come to expect with this product based on the principals which it was sold on. Even if people were happy an intergration was made if it's not for the product you bought it's just not appropriate. I'd rather not have one at all. than settle for something that's not the product we spent our money on!

I struggle with Assetto Corsa, to popular opinion one of the best physics titles in the market and to me feels little different to GT Sport with a BMW Rim and whilst I own a Formula it's not something I wish to use unless driving where one is appropriate. 

We need some form of update on this situation because at the moment to people buying a CSL I wouldn't say based on my findings and experiences from launch it's worth it for the price point. I've tried peoples settings but the issue is everything is personal to that individual for their style and so far nothing has really captured me in the ways I expected.

I hope this improves, but again I feel I rushed to buy a product based upon the name and it's acclaim and have been left rather burnt out by the whole experience. 
  • I installed it and it was the same driver 335. I wasn't noticing a great deal of difference to be quite honest. I noticed the wheel (BMW) felt heavier, the settings were default from Fanatec but feedback was largely the same and GT still performed the same for me in blue mode as before. Not sure whether this driver is a pre cursor to an incoming update for GT Sport updating the wheels and games compatibility but largely unaffected through my experiences just a heavier wheel.

Wheel settings were default (DRI off, FEI off) People say about turning FEI up but I don't get the translation of forces people are speaking of, only when I go over bumps which was there anyway before it just increases the mechanical rattle which seems to be more severe with the FEI update than before. 

It still makes me question, why does it all have to be so complicated? We're using console developed titles which are limited I feel this wheelbase is too technical and advanced for the console market as it currently sits because for all the settings we have available I don't think with how the games are developed it would either enhance or detract a great deal. Much like the PS4 Pro development for games vs standard PS4. 

Look forward to peoples thoughts! 
    Why do you still run GTS in ps4, blue Mode, when it's all over this last 4 pages to use purple, g29 emulation, mode. It's THAT simple
  • Hi, another one for you guys did you notice difference in the new compatibility mode in PC1 is better now or the v2 mode will feel better.
    V2 mode is definitely better!!! You can activate that with the new fw by pressing the Mode button for about 10 seconds.
  • I have used it in both modes, I have to say through my findings i've been very underwhelmed with both, I don't see any real improvements in the G29 mode Despite peoples settings I have had real issues in fine tuning the wheelbase and again despite what people say on this forum I have not been happy with the title or the base with GT and even though we have an emulation it's not what me or many others had bought into and with no updates from Thomas on the progress made with there now being an update and no acknowledgement from Fanatec it's not looking good from my perspective. 
    V2 mode is definitely better!!! You can activate that with the new fw by pressing the Mode button for about 10 seconds.
    Thanks for your opinion!