Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Hi, I‘m new here. CSL wirks Fine with GTS. Did anybody find out, how to open the fuel control? Necessary for driving school #40 (and long competitions). Thx
  • Hello,
     just updated to firmware v335 and my CSL Elite ps4 has shut down twice tonight after changing the dampening strenght in the fanatec driver menu. I pressed confirm and the wheel disconnected from windows 10 and the red led went off. When i unplug the powercord and plug it back in the wheel works again.
    When the wheel did shut down the fans kept working.
    Wheel is 10 days! old......
    Can somebody try this also and confirm?
    Yes, I can confirm that is happening to my wheel also. I am playing Forza 7 in xbox mode and the wheel will keep turning off randomly. 

I first noticed the problem when I upgraded to v293 from 292. Doing the tests all worked out ok but the FFB test would cause the wheel to turn off completely. When trying on the Xbox One playing Forza 7 the wheel will also randomly shutdown.....
  • So, although the force feedback works, the wheel shakes uncontrollably.  Especially when there is no load (ie in a straight line).  Is there something I can do to reduce this?  I've tried turning the FEI setting off (to reduce noise) but this had no effect.

All help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ed Brown
  • Hi to all.
    Will driver 293 work also with my CSW Base 2.5 ?
    Or is pointless install that version ?
  • Hi to all.
    It made my CSL E PS4 randomly shut off every few minutes. Now I'm stuck with a wheel that doesn't work even though I went back to v292.
  • What are peoples opinions on the feedback from GT? I've used Fanatec suggested settings and don't get much feedback more just a dull heavy wheel. All settings are default FEI is off. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Try FEI 100 and FOR 60 or 70 = lighter Wheel with great Feedback
    This worked GREAT for me. I am on a GT Omega wheel stand and dialing down FOR to 70 works great with a slightly less solid mounting surface like this. The GT Omega works great but not as solid as other mounting rigs obviously.

For me all settings on the wheel to default except:

DRI OFF
    FOR 70
    FEI 100
    BRF 50 (Brake Force only supported on LC and V3 pedals)

In game settings I have set to:

FFB Max Torque: 4
    FFB Sensitivity: 2

With this setup I am pretty happy with the wide range of cars I have tested from N200, N300, Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on.

Thanks for getting this compatibility mode sorted out quickly Fanatec! Looking forward to the fully integrated mode and in-game button customization!

• Does the SHO and ABS setting have any effect in GTS? I've tried messing with them and slamming the breaks and get nothing no matter the setting. From the manual it says it should be giving vibration feedback through the wheel base when the break is pressed a set percentage (ABS setting) and the SHO setting adjusts intensity.
  • Hello,
     just updated to firmware v335 and my CSL Elite ps4 has shut down twice tonight after changing the dampening strenght in the fanatec driver menu. I pressed confirm and the wheel disconnected from windows 10 and the red led went off. When i unplug the powercord and plug it back in the wheel works again.
    When the wheel did shut down the fans kept working.
    Wheel is 10 days! old......
    Can somebody try this also and confirm?
    Yes, I can confirm that is happening to my wheel also. I am playing Forza 7 in xbox mode and the wheel will keep turning off randomly. 

I first noticed the problem when I upgraded to v293 from 292. Doing the tests all worked out ok but the FFB test would cause the wheel to turn off completely. When trying on the Xbox One playing Forza 7 the wheel will also randomly shutdown.....
    Try updating your wheel again as many are using this version with no issues. If it continues contact support. Using the red tab on the right side of the homepage is the best way to get support. You can start a standard support ticket to of course but it’s slower.
  • So, although the force feedback works, the wheel shakes uncontrollably.  Especially when there is no load (ie in a straight line).  Is there something I can do to reduce this?  I've tried turning the FEI setting off (to reduce noise) but this had no effect.

Thanks,
    Ed Brown

Hi Ed,

which is the firmware on your whhel base ?

Generally, this can be a sign of oversaturated signal of FFB. By the way, wheel needs "yor hands on" to contrast shaking... just a little bit of strenght by your hands, only keeping the wheel is enough. Acting on FEI dipends on which is your firmware... with the latest (335), you should use values near to zero to damp the signal; with previous FW, you should use values near to maximum (10) to damp the signal...

• Hi, I‘m new here. CSL wirks Fine with GTS. Did anybody find out, how to open the fuel control? Necessary for driving school #40 (and long competitions). Thx
    2 ways to use MFD settings in race :
    1. use a wireless controller extra in the race and change with the directional buttons in the game  
    2. change the sterringwheel settings of the g29 from look positions to MFD options
  • Devin said:
    Does the SHO and ABS setting have any effect in GTS? I've tried messing with them and slamming the breaks and get nothing no matter the setting. From the manual it says it should be giving vibration feedback through the wheel base when the break is pressed a set percentage (ABS setting) and the SHO setting adjusts intensity.
    ABS is the vibration motors that are mounted within Club Sport rims and the SHO is the levels of feedback from the motors. Unless you own a Club Sport rim with vibration motors you won't see or feel any vibrations. 
    Or when in pits.....change or don't change wheels. And don't touch "don't refuel" button. It'll be filled automatically and you can press the button when you feel you've got enough to last the race.
  • edited October 2017
    Hi to all.
    You even CAN'T install it on your V2.5 base, cause it's CSL E PS4 specific. Your V2.5 will not work on ps4 unless you buy yourself a DriveHub.
  • Hi to all.
    You even CAN'T install it on your V2.5 base, cause it's CSL E PS4 specific. Your V2.5 will not work on ps4 unless you buy yourself a DriveHub.
    sorry but of course he can install the driver 293 for the v2.5 on PC as its only a driver, not a firmware (and there is no new firmware for the v2.5 included so yes, you basically can install driver 293 to work with the v2.5 but it doesnt change anything really).
  • edited October 2017
    Okay, you got me there. I meant the fw 335 won't install on V2.5 ;)
  • Kai WinterKai Winter Member
    edited October 2017
    So, although the force feedback works, the wheel shakes uncontrollably.  Especially when there is no load (ie in a straight line).  Is there something I can do to reduce this?  I've tried turning the FEI setting off (to reduce noise) but this had no effect.

Thanks,
    Ed Brown

What is your DRI? Try off or negative —— And my Base shuts down randomly since Firmware 293, too.
  • I see all of you commenting about the lack of feel and I agree as far as GTS is concerned. I haven't tried Asseto corsa yet but I have tried Forza 7 with the wheel. I think the wheel feels amazing in Forza 7. I can feel individual rocks kick up and hit the car. Which is odd because from my understanding and what I've read Forza 7 is supposed to feel dull and arcadey but it doesn't feel that way to me with this wheel. My thrustmaster tx I had before, on Forza 7, felt a lot like this wheel does in GTS. So I'm hoping it's just the games and not the wheel because I know the wheel is good in Forza 7.

Thanks,
    Ed Brown
    Turn DRI to a setting between -1 and -5. It should stop it.
  • Guys here is a link to the ISR from youtube, for what they say the problem with FFB is not just our CSL Elite problem it complains about the low it feels with the T-GT (Thrustmaster Official Wheel), so hope it going to get better with future upgrades......

Have a nice race!!!!
    For me it's not just this title. Assetto Corsa has one of the best physics engines in the whole of sim racing across all platforms and on the CSL it feels very dull, much like GT. F1 2017 I don't expect much fidelity as it's a arcade sim title but things like Project Cars 2, GT Sport, AC are the premium racing titles on console and all feel very much the same in their performance with the CSL Elite. The only rim that's felt okay was the original but I didn't like the so called quick release and wanted the Formula Rim for F1 and other cars in AC / GT Sport.

I think it's widely reported that many users are experiencing less than satisfactory levels of feedback and fidelity with this wheel base surprisingly given the acclaim that Fanatec have. I wouldn't put the GT issues down to that either more a performance issue that plagued the wheel base since launch at least in my experience. 

I won't use GT online till suitable FFB and turning is achieved as i'll be at a distinct disadvantage and danger to other drivers.  
    As far as turning is concerned, I changed the degree of rotation on the wheel from auto to 540 and it's much better.
  • Devin said:
    Does the SHO and ABS setting have any effect in GTS? I've tried messing with them and slamming the breaks and get nothing no matter the setting. From the manual it says it should be giving vibration feedback through the wheel base when the break is pressed a set percentage (ABS setting) and the SHO setting adjusts intensity.
    ABS is the vibration motors that are mounted within Club Sport rims and the SHO is the levels of feedback from the motors. Unless you own a Club Sport rim with vibration motors you won't see or feel any vibrations. 
    Oh ok thanks, I thought it was in the base. So the wheel that came with it does not have that feature correct?
  • What are peoples opinions on the feedback from GT? I've used Fanatec suggested settings and don't get much feedback more just a dull heavy wheel. All settings are default FEI is off. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Try FEI 100 and FOR 60 or 70 = lighter Wheel with great Feedback
    This worked GREAT for me. I am on a GT Omega wheel stand and dialing down FOR to 70 works great with a slightly less solid mounting surface like this. The GT Omega works great but not as solid as other mounting rigs obviously.

For me all settings on the wheel to default except:

DRI OFF
    FOR 70
    FEI 100
    BRF 50 (Brake Force only supported on LC and V3 pedals)

In game settings I have set to:

FFB Max Torque: 4
    FFB Sensitivity: 2

With this setup I am pretty happy with the wide range of cars I have tested from N200, N300, Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on.

Thanks for getting this compatibility mode sorted out quickly Fanatec! Looking forward to the fully integrated mode and in-game button customization!

What wheel are you using?

I tried those adjustments and still had the same sensations and feelings that have been reported by others. Yes the steering was more direct but that's through the degrees of rotation not the wheel being any different in terms of feeling or performance. I often find it very difficult to drive with any real precision or confidence with the wheel as it currently is. This goes for both the BMW and Formula Carbon rims.
  • edited October 2017
    Too EVERYONE OUTHERE, who's experiencing dull ffb of curbs etc. I've found the solution. Go to the Fanatec property page and click settings tab. You'll see there that dampening strength is set to 100%. That should not be the case cause ALL forces will be damped. Set it to 0 and from there to you're own likings Edit: this doesn't work for ps4
  • But this will just influence the FFB when you use the wheel on PC, right?
  • edited October 2017
    I think they're saved on base. Was testing older fw first so have to update driver and get back to you, but you can test too if you hook up wheel to pc
  • Too bad. PC only indeed
  • Anyway thanks for sharing your experiences. But that's what I expected as it's a driver setting which becomes effektive on PC only.
  • edited October 2017
    Yeah, PC mode on base to be exact I guess. I SO MUCH wanted that to be it, but maybe it's a step in the right direction? Lower the Damper values in fw, or ain't that possible? I'm gonna test AC tomorrow with BMW and PS wheel, cause when I beta tested the base with PS wheel I felt that FFB was outstanding on ps4 too. I do notice a little floaty feel with this fw that I do not feel with the fw that's inside driver V261. On PC that is, same settings, same game, cause as we know that fw won't work with GTS. .. But FEI isn't in that fw... So I'm starting to think this whole FEI has something to do with it
  • I just got a fantec csl Wheel PS4.Everything seems to work fine but there‘s a problem with the display segment.It doesn’t seem to work properly.It doesn‘t do display or show anything while driving like..speed or gear shift.Wondering does anyone have the same problem?
  • i don't believe this is functional as the CSL is emulating a G29 whch doesn't have a display like the CSL wheel. I can only see this being fully functional when / if Fanatec secure full compatibility with Polophony for GT Sport. 
  • Does Drive Hub with CSW 2.5 will be a better choice than Elite PS4 wheel in terms of performance if don't consider the cost?

I am still confusing CSW 2.5 with Drive Hub vs Elite Wheel PS4.