Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• I think I found it. Had to switch it to the red light. Odd because when I did that earlier it disconnected the wheel from the pic as soon as I switched off the blue light.
  • Devin said:
    I can't figure out how to update this damn CSL Elite. I read the instructions but my game controller properties looks absolutely nothing like what was shown. I only have 2 tabs:test and settings. There is no other tabs and no update button. It doesn't even show the picture of the wheel like the instructions do. It only shows axis 2 rows of buttons with only numbers on them and the joystick point of view.
    Either you don't have base in pc mode, red light, or perhaps wrong system driver file chosen. Read instructions couple posts back
  • On another note, I have the CSL elite PS4 as well as the elite pedals and the Xbox one wheel. What all do I need to install from the website so the firmware is updated on everything? Did the FW update I just did include them or was that only for the base? Do I also need to download the pedal driver and the Xbox wheel driver? Is there a separate driver for the PS4 wheel or was that included in the base firmware? Thanks
  • UPDATE: You have to change the mode BEFORE you get into a game for it to work. DriveClub and DirtRally work great now, with FFB too!
    ---------
    Paddles in DriveClub don't shift gears, but change the view. Changing to the purple mode disconnects the wheel, and hitting the PS4 button resets the controller back to PS4 mode. Am I missing something with the new driver?
    Something simular happens with V2, PS3 mode and GT6. There must be an error in fw with Logitech mode.
  • Try another Computer if you have another. If not delete all entrys under USB in Device Manager and reboot the Machine until all USB Devices and Your Wheel are recognised again. That worked for me. Good luck.
  • I finally got it, it originally was losing connection on pc mode but I did a comp restart and restarted the wheel.
  • So i ihink FEI is changed in the new Firmware before it was higher = more damping, now higher = less dumping? I feel much more with FEI 100 in GTS
  • Any chance that the CSW V2 will be supported? Project cars 1 was working
  • Dominik MeierDominik Meier Member
    edited October 2017

• Hi,

just out of curiosity, so I understood the new firmware sets purple mode to emulate the g29 instead of the csw2 like before.
    Is this correct?

Regards
  • Yes that's my understanding Nikolai.
  • Thanks.
    Sooo... doesn't this mean, in theory - you could also use the wheel on PS3 in GT5 and 6 and get it recognized as g29?
    Anyone tried this yet?

Regards
  • It works on drive club too. Woo hoo.
  • Any chance that the CSW V1 with universal hub will be supported?
  • can anyone please confirm the csl elite pedals with load cell work on ps4 with gt sport? if the do i'll go ahead and order wheel and pedals 
  • I am using Elite Wheel with Elite Pedals LC, no problems. You set the LC on Wheel with BRF Setting.
  • Tried out GT Sport last night with the lastest firmware using purple mode (pushing PS button for about 2 seconds).
    Works ok, I would say, at least we now have some FF in the game.

Also, it looks to me that the compatibility mode has been enhanced over all.
    Since the purple mode lets my wheel work like a DS like mode.
    I could imagine, that even other games like NFS will now be supported using the purple mode.

Please let me know if I am wrong here.
  • Scott AvoyScott Avoy Member
    edited October 2017

So i ihink FEI is changed in the new Firmware before it was higher = more damping, now higher = less dumping? I feel much more with FEI 100 in GTS
    Agreed. Something is different in both blue and purple modes. FEI used to be 000 to 010 and now is OFF to 100...
  • Hello, I bought a load cell to csl elite and I turn to you with a question. I need to now install a firmware to load cell as I connect it to pc? I read that you can not connect to the pc simultaneously pedals to usb and connect to rj12 wheel base. I understand that I need to pull the rj12 cable from the wheel base and just connect the usb cable from the pedals to the pc?
    edited October 2017
    Hello, I bought a load cell to csl elite and I turn to you with a question. I need to now install a firmware to load cell as I connect it to pc? I read that you can not connect to the pc simultaneously pedals to usb and connect to rj12 wheel base. I understand that I need to pull the rj12 cable from the wheel base and just connect the usb cable from the pedals to the pc?
    Bartosz,

1.  Connect all the pedals to the new control box that came with the Load cell brake pedal.  
    2.  Connect that control box to the CSL Elite wheel base using the RJ12 cable
    3.  Connect the wheel base to a windows PC using a USB cable
    4.  Update Firmware

I did the exact same thing last night :)  

Enjoy!
    Scott
  • As i know this way the Firmware of the Wheel gets the update. For updating the Pedals Firmware they have to connected to pc with USB.
  • ok it's just with the wheel base usb to install the load cell firmware?
  • As i know this way the Firmware of the Wheel gets the update. For updating the Pedals Firmware they have to connected to pc with USB.

Can two USB drives be connected to the PC at the same time?
  • ok it's just with the wheel base usb to install the load cell firmware?

As i know this way the Firmware of the Wheel gets the update. For updating the Pedals Firmware they have to connected to pc with USB.

OOPS.  just checked the manual and my procedure was wrong!  Guess i never updated the firmware on my new pedals...

Should have said:

1.  Connect all pedals to Load Cell control box
    2.  Connect Load Cell control box to Windows PC with supplied USB cord
    3.  Update Firmware 
    4.  Connect Load Cell control box to CSL Elite wheel base with RJ12 connector
    5.  Turn faster lap times.

sorry for the confusion...

SA
  • I only connect the pedals to PC for Firmware updated, and connect it back to the Base after that. The Wheel Base Firmware can be updated with pedals attached. But you can connect both same time with two usb, in Controller Panel you can open both separataly and update Firmware.
  • HI guys,

On Fanatec's page on Facebook, you can find the suggested settings for CSL ELite on GtSport

• Antoine Goossens and Kai Winter: thank you very much for your reply!! I finally got solved. Somehow, my computer could not launch the fanatec software. I used another computer and it worked! I am thinking it's because of Windows 10...

It works in purple mode. I had problems with calibration (the wheel set lightly left). After testing for 3 hours, I got very good times on the academy (comparing to others drivers in the world), even getting second position in Interlagos or being in the top ten for several circuits. Feedback feels strong. I kinda like better than in Assetto corsa because it does not do a lot of noise. On the other hand, the feedback feels weird. I do not feel good details about when the car is skidding or hitting a pothole. I will give my impressions detailed when I try more today after work. Thanks Fanatec for all its effort to make this compatibility possible. 
  • Justin GayJustin Gay Member
    edited October 2017
    Happy to report that my BMW wheel rim is working wonderfully with GTS and the CSL Elite as expected. Rev lights are working on both the rim and the base and they re in sync. Pretty neat. There also seems to be a new flash effect when you hit redline that I haven't seen in many years of using the rim. Thanks Fanatec! I knew you guys would do the needful.

Anyone else seeing oscillation in their rim? If I'm just sitting in the GTS menu screens with my hands off the wheel if I slightly nudge the wheel left or right it will start to oscillate back and forth about 15 degrees. It doesn't stop or get worse. Only stops when you grab the wheel. I didn't test this with the CSL wheel only the BMW wheel but I assume they both exhibit this behavior.

-J
  • HI guys,

On Fanatec's page on Facebook, you can find the suggested settings for CSL ELite on GtSport

Luca,

Can you re-post them here please?  I do not have Facebook.

thanks,
    SA
    edited October 2017
    Happy to report that my BMW wheel rim is working wonderfully with GTS and the CSL Elite as expected. Rev lights are working on both the rim and the base and they re in sync. Pretty neat. There also seems to be a new flash effect when you hit redline that I haven't seen in many years of using the rim. Thanks Fanatec! I knew you guys would do the needful.

Anyone else seeing oscillation in their rim? If I'm just sitting in the GTS menu screens with my hands off the wheel if I slightly nudge the wheel left or right it will start to oscillate back and forth about 15 degrees. It doesn't stop or get worse. Only stops when you grab the wheel. I didn't test this with the CSL wheel only the BMW wheel but I assume they both exhibit this behavior.

-J
    Justin,

I can confirm the same oscillation behavior with the CSL Elite rim in either blue or purple mode in games other than GTS.  The wheel will stay still until you bump it ever so slightly and then it gets the wiggles!

SA