Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited December 2017 in Blog

To make waiting for Christmas a bit easier for you, we came up with our Advent Calendar which started today.

It is an advanced Auction system and the rules are created to give everybody a fair chance and at the same time to make sure that the winner ends up with a good deal.

As it is a new system we first launched it only in the US and EU. The first auction just finished and the winner just grabbed a ClubSport Racing Wheel BMW for 426,-€ instead of 849,90€. This is a discount of 50%!

Please make sure you read the instructions carefully because you only have ONE bid per day. Use it wisely. It is more about luck than having the biggest wallet.

Auction start and end times as well as the duration changes daily and it is different in both regions. If you do not want to destroy your F5 key then I recommend you subscribe to the auction newsletter.

Auctions are new to us so we want to learn how to improve it. Please tell us here in the comments what you like or how you want to improve it.

Good luck!

UPDATE

We decided to change the terms in order to make it more convenient for you.
Everyday the auction will start at the same time and will last for 2 hours.
We are still improving the performance so I hope it gets better everyday.

Comments

• I subscribed and clicked on the calender but nothing appeared except recycling through the products.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I subscribed and clicked on the calender but nothing appeared except recycling through the products.
    You are probably looking at the US site. The Windows opens when the auction starts.

The Advent Calendar page refreshes automatically.
  • Yup the same thing is happening to me as well except for me it just kicks me back to the home page when I click on a number

• Is this a bunch of New Old Stock of Clubsport V1 racing wheels?  I'm not complaining, just curious and if this is true I'm surprised you still had some laying around.
  • Ryan Hamm said:
    Is this a bunch of New Old Stock of Clubsport V1 racing wheels?  I'm not complaining, just curious and if this is true I'm surprised you still had some laying around.
    ??????? The first auction was CSW V2.5 with BMW rim..
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So basically you have to wait until the end of the auction and cross your fingers before bidding. 
  • Well, the first one is over.  When does the next auction start?
  • Well, the first one is over.  When does the next auction start?
    Obviously tomorrow between 9am and 9pm :)
  • So basically you have to wait until the end of the auction and cross your fingers before bidding. 
    Auction can end early if the maximum price (which is unknown) is reached so choose your bid wisely and dont wait too long ;)
  • edited December 2017
    When you place a bid, can you put any amount or is it locked into the next highest bid price? For example, if you are first bid of the day you are pretty much a $5 bid no matter what? And If the current bid is at $150, then my bid will be $155?
  • I also noticed the time remaining in the auction is revealed. It may be more fair and exciting if that was hidden as well otherwise many people will just wait till last second and try to snipe the auction.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I agree with Marco.
  • From what I'm reading you can only place one bid right? I think the bidding if I'm reading it correctly should let people bid as much as they want and as many times as they want. What happens to the first person to bid? They cant bid again? Or am I reading this wrong? I would like to know how this works. Take the time of of the bidding if it supposed to stop at an unknown time. I think this could be a lot of fun not knowing when it supposed to stop.
  • AJ Rogers said:
    From what I'm reading you can only place one bid right? I think the bidding if I'm reading it correctly should let people bid as much as they want and as many times as they want. What happens to the first person to bid? They cant bid again? Or am I reading this wrong? I would like to know how this works. Take the time of of the bidding if it supposed to stop at an unknown time. I think this could be a lot of fun not knowing when it supposed to stop.
    You can only bid once. That's what makes your one bid so important. If you're outbid, you're outbid. You can't bid until tomorrow. It means you have to try and guess what the price Fanatec is willing to sell it for vs. when the bidding will actually end. 
  • My question is: if you win, how much time do you have to pay for your discounted item?
  • RiP Australia
    My question is: if you win, how much time do you have to pay for your discounted item?
    The price is the closing price of the auction.
  • My question is: if you win, how much time do you have to pay for your discounted item?
    I think you misunderstood my question. Let's say I bid $201 and that is the maximum bid...Boom! I win the auction and I have to pay $201 (+ shipping) to get it. My question is how long do I have after I have won the auction to actually buy the item? Immediately? 24 Hours? 1 week? 2 weeks? (I personally prefer the 2 weeks option :-)
  • To the Fanatec community, 

Can a Mac computer be used to upgrade firmware of the Club Sport V2.5 Wheel Base (as opposed to a windows PC)?
    My question is: if you win, how much time do you have to pay for your discounted item?
    I think you misunderstood my question. Let's say I bid $201 and that is the maximum bid...Boom! I win the auction and I have to pay $201 (+ shipping) to get it. My question is how long do I have after I have won the auction to actually buy the item? Immediately? 24 Hours? 1 week? 2 weeks? (I personally prefer the 2 weeks option :-)
    You have to buy it immediately. Otherwise we will give it to the next highest bidder.
  • I have subcribe me on the auction letter but i did not receive any mail. I have continue watch the site and only missed 20 minutes and te auction was started en closed within 10 minutes. I am waiting for the PS4 bundle but unfortunately I am afraid that is will missed this one. How can we solved this? Or do you also offer a special bundle christmas price for the PS4 bundle like black friday? Please let me know. Kind regards, Gertjan

• I have subcribe me on the auction letter but i did not receive any mail. I have continue watch the site and only missed 20 minutes and te auction was started en closed within 10 minutes. I am waiting for the PS4 bundle but unfortunately I am afraid that is will missed this one. How can we solved this? Or do you also offer a special bundle christmas price for the PS4 bundle like black friday? Please let me know. Kind regards, Gertjan
    That's sounds strange... I just sent you a PM to check what can be happening.

Can a Mac computer be used to upgrade firmware of the Club Sport V2.5 Wheel Base (as opposed to a windows PC)?
    My understanding is that you have to install Windows on the Mac to do it. I had the same problem and just went out and bought the cheapest laptop I could find that had Windows 10 on it so I could do my updates.
  • Zhuo ChenZhuo Chen Member
    edited December 2017
    To the Fanatec community, 

use virtual machine to install windows on Mac, then no problem to update firmware at all~
  • So if I understand correctly, you basically bid until you reach the actual discounted price and the winner is the one who were lucky to place their bid at the right time to reach the actual discounted price?
    So if I understand correctly, you basically bid until you reach the actual discounted price and the winner is the one who were lucky to place their bid at the right time to reach the actual discounted price?
    This is correct

My understanding is that you have to install Windows on the Mac to do it. I had the same problem and just went out and bought the cheapest laptop I could find that had Windows 10 on it so I could do my updates.
    Thank you Derek Hanson!
  • Zhuo Chen said:

use virtual machine to install windows on Mac, then no problem to update firmware at all~
    Thank you Zhuo Chen!  I will try this! :)
  • So if I understand correctly, you basically bid until you reach the actual discounted price and the winner is the one who were lucky to place their bid at the right time to reach the actual discounted price?
    This is correct
    Ok great, thanks for the confirmation ! I hope I will snag something up :P
  • Zhuo Chen said:

Thank you Zhuo Chen!  I will try this! :)
    Just curious, what racing games do you play on the mac? Or are you gaming on a console? Just asking since my main gaming rig is a Mac Pro, but I use bootcamp on a separate SSD and it works great.