Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• 2 issues I had: Started on pc but had to leave home so I just bid. I got an error stating "your bid is lower than the current price". 3 times. Then I switched to Android but then the bid button didnt work.
  • Well You screwed us again Thomas!! I had the perfect number picked out, but the stupid powerball machine is broken! I kept chanting the right number but it pulled a different number, my number wasn't even moving...don't you know that prize is mine?! Nobody else deserves a chance to win more than me!! No, it doesn't matter that I didn't buy a ticket...wait...Fanatec doesn't control the Powerball lottery too? Okay...nevermind
  • Great idea fanatec. Sure it's hard to connect at times but who cares, it's a bit if fun and who knows I might even win something. So please stop moaning and just take it as the little bit of fun that it clearly is.
  • Great idea fanatec. Sure it's hard to connect at times but who cares, it's a bit if fun and who knows I might even win something. So please stop moaning and just take it as the little bit of fun that it clearly is.
    I was joking, but sometimes sarcasm isn't as clear when typing :-) I love the auction, unpredictability and all lol :-)
  • Seems like bidding should start at 10%, isn’t that the minimum possible price. Anyone who bids $1 would seem to have no chance to win, spending their only available bid pointlessly.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    US is live now and finally it seems to work smoothly. I am glad that you are enjoying it now :) It is a new concept and some comments show me that it takes some time to understand the system but we still have some more auctions to come.
  • Hi, Thomas question why only 1 € bid and limit to bid only one time. Because only chance winning is last person who bid reserved price. Today i bid on 62€ for CSL after a few seconds outbid. When price is come to 248€ i wanted to bid again but I can not more bid :neutral: Please more time bid minimum 5 times :wink:
    Seems like bidding should start at 10%, isn’t that the minimum possible price. Anyone who bids $1 would seem to have no chance to win, spending their only available bid pointlessly.
    If you bid below, you can still win if the auction ends because of time limit. But personally I would wait until the end of the auction if the price is below the 10%.
    Hi, Thomas question why only 1 € bid and limit to bid only one time. Because only chance winning is last person who bid reserved price. Today i bid on 62€ for CSL after a few seconds outbid. When price is come to 248€ i wanted to bid again but I can not more bid :neutral: Please more time bid minimum 5 times :wink:
    Why do you think that this will increase your chances? Others will also have 5 bids and the auction will just end sooner ;)
  • Screwd out of another possible win due to the website signing me out randomly after being logged in for 5 minutes...  SMH..
  • Seems like bidding should start at 10%, isn’t that the minimum possible price. Anyone who bids $1 would seem to have no chance to win, spending their only available bid pointlessly.
    If you bid below, you can still win if the auction ends because of time limit. But personally I would wait until the end of the auction if the price is below the 10%.
    if you place your bid at the very last seconds your bid does not count. 

Monday I tried with 3 seconds left - bid did not register
    Yesterday I tried with 7 seconds left - bid did not register
    Today I tried with 12 seconds left - bid did not register
    Tomorrow I will try with 20 second left...
  • That was a fun one. It was the first one I was able to try to bid on. Very exciting in the last couple of seconds. I waited too long though and my bid wasn't registered unfortunately so I'll have to try a little sooner next time lol. I was excited too, that wheel would go good with my inverted pedals at Christmas. I'll see if any more wheel packages come up. Thanks Thomas and Fanatec for a fun little game and for putting so much time and effort into making it work well for everyone.
  • Marino VicicMarino Vicic Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi, Thomas question why only 1 € bid and limit to bid only one time. Because only chance winning is last person who bid reserved price. Today i bid on 62€ for CSL after a few seconds outbid. When price is come to 248€ i wanted to bid again but I can not more bid :neutral: Please more time bid minimum 5 times :wink:
    Why do you think that this will increase your chances? Others will also have 5 bids and the auction will just end sooner ;)
    Today auction ended in 20 minutes. I do not know but I got used to classics bid like ebay :smile: Try tomorrow with one bid, but I would really like we are not limited to one :wink: Best regards
  • Exhilarating stuff. Can't believe I pulled it off, based on some of the other comments I must have timed the bid just right so it would register. I can now say I'm a proud Fanatec owner, and probably will be for a long long time. Thanks for the great setup Thomas and Fanatec, I'm overjoyed! It was frustrating the first few days, but it seems to be working perfectly now, and working exactly as it was intended - to bring an element of luck into play. Best of luck to all of you going forward this season.
  • ILD said:
    Seems like bidding should start at 10%, isn’t that the minimum possible price. Anyone who bids $1 would seem to have no chance to win, spending their only available bid pointlessly.
    if you place your bid at the very last seconds your bid does not count. 

Monday I tried with 3 seconds left - bid did not register
    Yesterday I tried with 7 seconds left - bid did not register
    Today I tried with 12 seconds left - bid did not register
    Tomorrow I will try with 20 second left...
    My clock stopped at 8 seconds, so I justed tapping like a mad man. No such luck.
  • Today works perfect, it´s really nice. I hope win one time. Amazing idea and effort Thomas and your team! Thanks!
  • Erik HousmansErik Housmans Member
    edited December 2017
    I will no longer try today. After the black Friday disappointment this is another one... And it's all down to cheap hosting and bad web development. On BF I missed out because the site didn't register my order and by Monday when I found out all stock was gone. Now after trying everyday I didn't even once see the auction page. The system is also flawed but hopefully they learn from this if they ever decide to risk this again. Someone can register a lot of account. Write a script of how to bid, set it to x time before the end and start your automatic bidding.
  • Exhilarating stuff. Can't believe I pulled it off, based on some of the other comments I must have timed the bid just right so it would register. I can now say I'm a proud Fanatec owner, and probably will be for a long long time. Thanks for the great setup Thomas and Fanatec, I'm overjoyed! It was frustrating the first few days, but it seems to be working perfectly now, and working exactly as it was intended - to bring an element of luck into play. Best of luck to all of you going forward this season.
    So are we to assume since winning that you no longer have questions or doubts about Fanatecs abilities and or business decisions? Lol
    Erik. You could have tried on Saturday morning when stock was there and the site was working fine. Thousands of orders were placed successfully. And we actually have ways to avoid cheating. So far everything looks normal. But if you do not like it then I suggest you should go racing instead ;)
  • Erik. You could have tried on Saturday morning when stock was there and the site was working fine. Thousands of orders were placed successfully. And we actually have ways to avoid cheating. So far everything looks normal. But if you do not like it then I suggest you should go racing instead ;)
    Hi Thomas, I just trusted you when you said there was no need to hurry and there was plenty of stock. Unfortunately due o personal circumstances I was not able to go online during the weekend. Good thing there are anti cheating measures in place and I appreciate the effort you are making for customers and I am sure this has already been a big lesson in how to approach this but on the other hand it maybe overwhelmed you in how big the fanatec customer base actually is. Ps. I wish I could go racing, my GT2 broke down a few weeks ago, and I have to wait until April for a replacement. I would even go so far to pay more just to get my hands on one but unfortunately that is not an option. The CSW is just out of my reach for a semi casual racer.
    Today works perfect, it´s really nice. I hope win one time. Amazing idea and effort Thomas and your team! Thanks!
    Thank you as well! I will forward your compliments to my team. :)
    I was joking, but sometimes sarcasm isn't as clear when typing :-) I love the auction, unpredictability and all lol :-)
    Lol I know you We're, sorry J posted directly after you my comment was aimed at the posts that appear to think they are entitled to win. I totally got your post. In fact as a great man once said my headstone will read " cause of death, miss timed sarcasm. :)
    Congrats!!  I was able to participate yesterday for the first time and did not experience any issues. I was the $207 bid, so I was a little bit early.  

Thanks Thomas for putting this on and working through the bugs!
    Lol I know you We're, sorry J posted directly after you my comment was aimed at the posts that appear to think they are entitled to win. I totally got your post. In fact as a great man once said my headstone will read " cause of death, miss timed sarcasm. :)
    LMAO fair enough :smiley:
  • Today auction is work good and fast haha  :)
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited December 2017
    Haha.
     I got onto live auction after 3min and was already upto 220 euro, so I bottled it X_X and chucked my 226 bid in and lost. L-)

Was just glad to get a bloody bid in.   
    :D
  • So I  bid, then checked the id history and my bid  isn't showing up under my user number, for a few days now, what's up?
  • Finally I was able to place a bid. But I did not win unfortunetly.
  • I thought 2h 14 Minutes ans its over
  • edited December 2017

So I  bid, then checked the id history and my bid  isn't showing up under my user number, for a few days now, what's up?