Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• Few last days i seen all this items from advent on ebay on bidding ! Very sad to see how people look at everything to make money. When i buy somthing like black friday or bid on this advent i dont want sell and make money i just want more sim racing parts in my collection !
    I plan on using mine assuming it ever ships.
  • Peter wichch part you win ?
  • edited December 2017
  • Peter wichch part you win ?
    ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • There is something wrong here and suspiciously !
  • hm.... startet denn am 24. die Auktion tatsächlich auch um 18Uhr?
  • Have any auction winners actually have their product ship?
    Yes, it's quite obvious. :)

BTW: I'm a programmer and I can confirm, that anyone with a basic knowledge of Javascript programming can figure out reserved price during the bidding. It would also be very simple to write a script, which will bid for you (in those cases where the whole auction lasted only 16 sec.).
  • 18 CET. Shifter auction
    for me... 18-21 dec.2017... fanatec.com appear blocked site... now I try to enter and surprise ... work

• it's curious to see if it goes tonight when the auction begins
    I do not make great hopes
    in Eastern Europe especially in Romania since the auctions started the site went really bad ... we only bid for the only time for the V3 pedals and surely we did not catch
    I do not think I have a chance to bid until the end
    and I bought from them worth 1800 euros
  • I like the process but here is another lousy experience I just encountered with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat 1.  I tried to put in a bid with under 1 min left but I got a return that said "Auction Closed"  \.

I like what Fanatec is doing by giving everyone a chance but in the end it is not a fair process and they should not be holding these type of event when there are kinks in the process.

It suggest that you should read the terms again. We revised them again to make it more clear how the auction works.

Yes I read those rules if you are referring to the ones below.  

1) I did not try to put in multiple bid.  It was my first bid with less than a minute to go.
    2) The winner did not met the reserve price so technically i should be able to put in a bid before time expires

Instead, when I put a bid in, it got the message "Auction Closed" even though there was time left in the count down.
    I would like to know what rules i read that i didn't understand beside the definite gliches with this auction system.

• Every day from Dec 1st to Dec 24th we will put one unit of one of our products or bundles on auction. - Understood
    • The starting price is 1€ on all those products. - Understood
    • The auction ends when the end time is reached or when the maximum price is reached. - Understood
    • An auction can be over in a few seconds if the secret target price is very low so please log-in in early and watch the auction from the start. - Understood
    • Each product will get a guaranteed discount between 10% and 90%. The exact end price is unknown to the bidder. - understood
    • A registered Fanatec user can only place ONE bid per day. The bid which reaches the maximum price or the last bid when the auction ends, wins. - Understood 
    • The placed bid is not a specific amount but an increment to the current bid. The increment is variable and can be seen during the auction. - understood
    • It is not allowed to create more than two customer accounts per household. - understood
    • The bids can be viewed in real time. It is not necessary to refresh the page. - understood
    • The auctions will start 18:00 CET and the duration is 2 hours. - understood
    • The bidder who reaches the maximum discount first, or who places the last bid before the end time of the auction will win the auction and will receive the product! -understood
    • The winner has 24 hours to make the purchase. Otherwise we reserve the right to give the next highest bidder the right to purchase the auctioned product. - understood
    Apparently the one you're not understanding is the one that says the auction is for 2 hours unless the reserved price is met. It does not matter what the countdown timer says, if the reserved price is met then the auction is closed so apparently you wanted one bid too long.
    Michael Hensley, you are the one that is not reading.
    as i stated above I tried putting in a bid that is that has time left so it was still under the 2hr mark and no the winning bid did not met the reserve price so therefore I should be able to get me bid in.
    Look at the bid for the item on the US site.

Yes, it's quite obvious. :)

BTW: I'm a programmer and I can confirm, that anyone with a basic knowledge of Javascript programming can figure out reserved price during the bidding. It would also be very simple to write a script, which will bid for you (in those cases where the whole auction lasted only 16 sec.).
    I notice something strange happens and that there have been plenty of automatic bidding last few days ! Bidding goes slow and every bid when it comes to a possible price go crazy no chace to pepole bid this is program biding !
  • wow, BMW rim 4,20 €?!.. Thats insane.
  • I thought the reserve price was guaranteed to be between 10% and 90%?
  • In what world are 4.20 between 10 and 90% off 299.95?
  • 98.6% off ————>BARGAIN LOL Well it keeps you guessing!
  • Marino VicicMarino Vicic Member
    edited December 2017
    Ok what happend today bug,hack my site is closed and when open agin sold for 4.20 no way this not working good !!!!
  • Otherday on here was a post in german about finding security problem with advent calender / website, I translated it to english and posted on here, but quickly both posts were deleted.

I also have spotted lots of same auction items for sale on uk ebay, one guy selling 2 sets of V3I pedals and other fanatec new stuff. 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I thought the reserve price was guaranteed to be between 10% and 90%?
    That's what we guarantee but I thought some of you would not mind to pay even less than that. 

And we also want to reward some of the brave guys who bid early :)
  • no chance :(
    enter at 18.08 and auction is closed ... where is 2 hours
    patetic :(
  • A deceptive promotion, full of lies and evidence of manipulation.
    Think about doing promotions aimed at your clients, not for computer programmers.

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Rest assured that we take care of cheaters. We already banned two of them and we carefully check if the winner is legitimatee
    That's what we guarantee but I thought some of you would not mind to pay even less than that. 

Then this is nice today because until now it was not fair to the people who first Bid :smile: But i dont like new system of bid better is old with 10% to 90% now is more stress and hard. Before I could choose how much % I would bid and wait chance to win 1% because again it needs to be fast :wink:

Great job Thomas. Envy for today winner.
  • Congratz to the winner of todays auction! You've the best deal possible. Lucky you :) 
  • Marino VicicMarino Vicic Member
    edited December 2017
    Congratz to the winner of todays auction! You've the best deal possible. Lucky you :) 
    All auction have great price but today 99% i also love to see this guy who won today to play not to sale on ebay for crazy price haha :smiley:
  • Blaise CarronBlaise Carron Member
    edited December 2017
    I thought the reserve price was guaranteed to be between 10% and 90%?

It's a bit deceptive but it's good to give a chance to those early bidders, that one guy must not believe it! I probably plan my bets a bit (I'll admit that I made a spreadsheet for it) too strategically :P

Anyway thanks for the promotions!
  • I notice something strange happens and that there have been plenty of automatic bidding last few days ! Bidding goes slow and every bid when it comes to a possible price go crazy no chace to pepole bid this is program biding !
    It's probably because many people have figured out how to see the reserved price. As Thomas mentioned before, they are new to auctions and this is a learning process for them too. I'm sure that in one of the future iterations of the auctioning improvements, they will hide this from the users.

I would suggest 2 improvements which I think will prevent unfair advantage of "programmers":
    1. don't send reserved price to the user side - keep that as a secret on the server,
    2. implement a "captcha", to make it much harder for scripts to automatically bid.

I like the idea behind this advent calendar and with a couple of further improvements, there will be less confusion and bad mood around it.
  • 4.20 Euro for the BMW rim... was the one thing i was waiting for, expected the minimum to be much higher, lucky so and so who ever won it, oh well, wasn't meant to be for me...
  • I notice something strange happens and that there have been plenty of automatic bidding last few days ! Bidding goes slow and every bid when it comes to a possible price go crazy no chace to pepole bid this is program biding !
    It's probably because many people have figured out how to see the reserved price. one of the future iterations of the auctioning improvements, they will hide this from the users.

I would suggest 2 improvements which I think will prevent unfair advantage of "programmers":
    1. don't send reserved price to the user side - keep that as a secret on the server,
    2. implement a "captcha", to make it much harder for scripts to automatically bid.

I like the idea behind this advent calendar and with a couple of further improvements, there will be less confusion and bad mood around it.
    If a few bidders can see and be sent the reserve price then this is wrong and not fair on everyone else. Please can you explain why this is happening if it is true.