Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• I thought 2h 14 Minutes ans its over
    Thomas,
    The auction is for 2h IF The bids do not reach the Reserve price that Fanatec have set, which only Fanatec knows.
  • BMW wheel owners: I'm trying to determine if a 5 inch screen mounted on the CSW base will be visible through the BMW rim. Screen size is 121 x 76 mm. Waiting on my wheel to ship but I'd like everything to get here before Christmas.
  • WTF is with this crap??  Your auction said it had 2 hours left.  Less than 20 minutes after starting the auction has ended....  Can Fanatec do anything correctly?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    WTF is with this crap??  Your auction said it had 2 hours left.  Less than 20 minutes after starting the auction has ended....  Can Fanatec do anything correctly?
    Hmmm. You might want to read the rules of the auction and then you will understand that this was supposed to happen ;)

• WTF is with this crap??  Your auction said it had 2 hours left.  Less than 20 minutes after starting the auction has ended....  Can Fanatec do anything correctly?
    There is a reserve price on each auction.  If the bidding hits the reserve price then the auction is over.  The 2 hour auction limit only kicks in if the bidding never reaches the reserve price.
    WOW!!!!! They have explained this multiple times between the actual rule page and through many questions on here and somehow you still don't understand and blame Fanatec. If there was a bundle for the guy who must feel like the biggest jerk you would win, unfortunately I don't think there is so read the rules again and keep bidding there champ.
  • Hello Fanatec! Can a product come twice in the auction?
    Hello Fanatec! Can a product come twice in the auction?
    Not exactly the same but in combination with other products as a bundle
  • Hey Thomas thank you and your team for putting together something nice like this, I know you didn't have to and there are plenty of us who are appreciative of the time and effort that you all put into this to make it work. I picked up the inverted pedals on Black Friday and plan to unveil a new Fanatec paint scheme once I start using them after Christmas along with a new slogan I came up with can you maybe start a blog after the holidays for posting paint schemes. I've had the paint scheme for a while now but felt I couldn't run it until I actually had some Fanatec gear on my rig. Still using another wheel unless I get a deal through the calendar but I'll upgrade it ASAP too. Lol
  • not working for AU users WTF is this, give some people a chance but block others. way to go
    not working for AU users WTF is this, give some people a chance but block others. way to go
    If you read the first comments of this post you will get an idea why it was better to limit it. But next year all regions will participate for sure.
  • not working for AU users WTF is this, give some people a chance but block others. way to go
    To be fair you have sunshine....Scotland is frozen this weekend I need cheering up more than you :)
  • I think this is a very exciting idea! I’m just sorry I only know about it yesterday when I received an email from the forum about it. I will start participating from today on and try to grab a nice wheel with Xbox hub. On a side note: I hope Fanatec will make more rims that are Xbox compatible without a hub like the new McLaren one. That way everybody can use them be they on Xbox, PC or PS4 (with the right base). I am on all three systems. I am wishing for an Xbox wheel more or less similar to the Porsche 918 and a classic car wheel, maybe in wood? ;) Anyway, I really love my Fanatec system and will be expanding it!
  • edited December 2017
    I won the auction today but didn't got a rabatt code or anything... the price for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 is still 479,90 for me.

Also the page is terrible slow and annoying.

Don't think i will get anything or heare from the support in the next 24h
  • I won the auction today but didn't got a rabatt code or anything... the price for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 is still 479,90 for me.

Don't think i will get anything or here from the support in the next 24h

Congrats, If you sign in ro your account on the bottom of the page you have “Auctions” “Not paid won bids”. Nothing there?
  • kay Allenkay Allen Member
    edited December 2017
    Each time the bidding is open I get an error with fanatec connection, which last until after the bidding has finished. Not been able to put one bid on yet, have tried with 4g and WiFi. Am I able to bid in the UK (just noticed all regions not able to bid)
  • Pascal Lefevre said:
    I won the auction today but didn't got a rabatt code or anything... the price for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 is still 479,90 for me.

Congrats, If you sign in ro your account on the bottom of the page you have “Auctions” “Not paid won bids”. Nothing there?

WOW - dats what i call "hidden" xD thank you :)
  • Pascal Lefevre said:

Pascal Lefevre said:

Enjoy your prize! Nice wheel at a very nice discount. I’m waiting for the classic car wheel with Xbox hub myself.
  • I need this wheel, but today no luck for me :(
  • This one was fast. Pure luck increment by 1. Congrats who got lucky click
  • i dont understand the rules. it says that we have two hours and the products are finished in just one minute. it is impossible to participe if you work or internet incorrect :( :( :( 
  • Craig RobertsCraig Roberts Member
    edited December 2017
    I’m in the UK and for 11 days all I get is “error connecting to secure server” I have yet to see an auction let alone bid. I must be connecting wrong, I go to the site before the auction starts and login, then 5 minutes before its due to start I click on the day and from that point nothing loads until the auction is over, around 6 minutes today. I have FTTC which is usually pretty quick! I’ll have to stick with my GT2 and Clubsport 1’s.....would be nice to race on the new consoles though! It is frustrating but some of the comments are outrageous! These are quality products being sold to a lucky person for next to nothing. Merry Christmas Fanatec If it’s run in future years I hope I’ll have better luck. Bah humbug to all the silly people claiming they’ll never use or trust Fanatec again ~X(
  • Wanted to bid today for the Formula 1 Wheel and made me to make a bid at 120 € but unfortunately the site was overloaded. The more annoying it was for me that the formula 1 wheel was sold for 120 €. Well, it's just a game
  • Kpuldi said:
    i dont understand the rules. it says that we have two hours and the products are finished in just one minute. it is impossible to participe if you work or internet incorrect :( :( :( 

Copied from the advent calendar page 1, section on the rules:

"The auction ends when the end time is reached or when the maximum price is reached."
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited December 2017
    this way of bidding only once is crap... being last bidder is dumb instead of high bidder winning

no body in their right mind should even bid until the last sec...otherwise your bid is stupid and pointless 
  • CSW Formula Rim Carbon isn't going for any great bargain
  • I do like the system though.  it allows the buyer to decide what they are willing to pay for the product and just bid at that spot.  If you win great, if you don't no problem, you didn't want to pay more anyways.
  • I do like the system though.  it allows the buyer to decide what they are willing to pay for the product and just bid at that spot.  If you win great, if you don't no problem, you didn't want to pay more anyways.

Assuming you get the chance to bid. Not everyone is home or has access to a computer at 6PM. And even if you do it's hard to get onto the site.

this way of bidding only once is crap... being last bidder is dumb instead of high bidder winning

no body in their right mind should even bid until the last sec...otherwise your bid is stupid and pointless 
    You either did not read or understand the rules. Waiting too long is certainly not a smart move :)

And if we would use a classic eBay style auction the end price would always match the normal shop price because there are enough people on our website which are willing to pay the full price everyday. Why would that makes sense?
  • I do like this system over a standard eBay auction, but it has it frustrating problems. First of all the duration of the auction combined with the chance of bidding the price you had in mind. I've had no problems in the last few days to get into the auction, but as the auctions go really fast (within 5 minutes the reserve price is met) you have to gamble when to press for a your price and still be lucky that you were the first one to enter that price.

Maybe you could consider to change this system for future auctions to a system where everyone who participates puts in their bid independently In a timeframe of about 1 hour (maybe shorter, maybe longer) and then if there is someone that met the reserve price he won the auction, if however two or more people bid that exact reserve price there is a basic "throw of the dice" to determine who wins. If none bid the exact price the first bid that is above the reserve price wins for the price he/she bid.

In that way everyone can determine what he or she is willing/able to pay, make a guess what the reserve price will be, make a bid and have an equal opportunity to win. Based on your ability to guess correctly and willingness to pay more rather than internet speeds, luck of even posting a bid.

I do like the idea/principle of this type of auction and I do hope you continue setting up these type of auctions in the future, and I would like it if it w