Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Patrick GriesPatrick Gries Member
    edited April 2018

Help! The wheel arrived and now it wants to be calibrated. To do so, it says in menu (how do I enter it?) Press D-Pad and Xbox. Which D-Pad? There is no D-PAD?!
    Press the Tuning Menu Button near the blue Mode switch and then press the D-Pad (yes, there is one) on the left side and the XBox Button at the same time. You can find this info also in the official Quick Guide in the Download section of  the McL (or even included in the Box :D)
    There is this big "P" button, which is said to be the menu button. But pressing this one does exactly nothing at all.

Nevermind - found it. It sooo tiny! Should work now :p

• Help! The wheel arrived and now it wants to be calibrated. To do so, it says in menu (how do I enter it?) Press D-Pad and Xbox. Which D-Pad? There is no D-PAD?!
    Press the Tuning Menu Button near the blue Mode switch and then press the D-Pad (yes, there is one) on the left side and the XBox Button at the same time. You can find this info also in the official Quick Guide in the Download section of  the McL (or even included in the Box :D)
    There is this big "P" button, which is said to be the menu button. But pressing this one does exactly nothing at all.
    ... Just have a look at the Quick Guide. The "P" Button is of course not the Tuning Menu button! The Tuning Menu button is this very small button on the left side of the blue Mode switch - this will open the Tuning Menu as correctly described in the Quick Guide
  • I have just received an update from the webshop stating delivery is now scheduled for 22/05. Australian customer.

Seems like we need to wait another month than everyone else?
  • i got the shipping email from Fanatec but still waiting on my tracking number from UPS :(

• Received the wheel couple hours ago. Good job, Fanatec :) 
  • I have just received an update from the webshop stating delivery is now scheduled for 22/05. Australian customer.

Seems like we need to wait another month than everyone else?
    I just got the same stupid email, and it finishes with thank you for your understanding in advance............

BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY AUSTRALIANS HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH, DONT WE COUNT.
    I THINK WE SHOULD GET MORE THAN THE $150 CREDIT.....
    i AM SO PISSED OFF WITH FANATEC AND THEIR STUPID ****.....

WE HAVE ALREADY WAITED 5 MONTHS AND NOW HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH.....
  • edited April 2018
    Gentlemen, more information, how to make which ones impressions, is not too plastic?
  • In the end, the Australians are going to win money with the wheel :P
  • Mine will be here tomorrow!!! Maybe i will take the day off :D Hmmm Well Maybe Not... think it may be better to goto work so i can stack up some cash for the DD wheel \:D/
  • Thats twice I have been disappointed by Fanatec over this wheel.

Now thinking of cancelling my order.....
  • Gentlemen, more information, how to make which ones impressions, is not too plastic?
    Yes, it's quite a lot of plastic. Don't expect anything remotely close to the clubsport F1 rim in regard to feel/build quality. 
  • Ad TiegelaarAd Tiegelaar Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't expect anything yet. There is no date set for me (the Netherlands) 
    :\
    And I am no australian ;)
    It is still saying Estimated shipping date: 15/02/2018
    I hope it doesn't change to 15/02/2019
  • At least I don't feel as bad now for being given the quick release for the wheel for free. I didn't order one and was going to take one off my other rims. A further month after people are posting pictures of their wheel is a little rough but I am waiting for a new cockpit so it's not like I can use it right now anyway.

Still, we will have waited nearly 6 months since the announcement of it's availability. I am happy though that whenever I have ordered Fanatec gear (I have nearly all my kit Fanatec) that it has come within 48 hours of the order being placed. The warehouse is up the road from my work! So it comes fast as! 

I will wait, patiently again :)
  • UK here....  Still processing:

Date Added: 28/11/2017
    Products: 1
    Estimated shipping date: 
    Actual shipping date: 
    Total: 197.87€
  • Rafael  MorelRafael Morel Member
    edited April 2018

Just arrived  :x
    It might be plastic, but it  looks so much better than the Clubsport f1. Mine will be delivered this friday. US customer in Miami, FL. 
    I thought Jack said something about shipping by air... Mine is coming from their warehouse in California via FedEx ground. 

• Adam MansirAdam Mansir Member
    edited April 2018
    I thought Jack said something about shipping by air... Mine is coming from their warehouse in California via FedEx ground. 
    The air shipping was from the manufacturer to their warehouses/distribution centers
  • Looks and feels great, nice and light but absolutely not cheap.. In a totally different league then any of the Thrustmaster or Logitec wheels.. Will try it tonight..

• I got mine today but it is having xbox buttons. Isn't there an PS4 version?
    You can remove the Xbox button caps. There are racing style button caps included.
    You can remove the Xbox button caps. There are racing style button caps included.
    I did see the caps, but I was just wondering if they send me the wrong version. I liked to have the PS4 caps on it. 
    I did see the caps, but I was just wondering if they send me the wrong version. I liked to have the PS4 caps on it. 
    As you can read in the webshop desciption there are only the already attached Xbox button caps and the included racing style button caps. Of course you can also use the rim without any button caps.
    As you can read in the webshop desciption there are only the already attached Xbox button caps and the included racing style button caps. Of course you can also use the rim without any button caps.
    Okay thnxs for the answers. Then I will remove the plastic bag and start assembling it to the base :)
  • Come on guys!!!!! need real feedback, videos and photos and all you think important like buttons assigments in AC and PC2!
  • GUYS ANOTHER THING PLEASE MAKE SOME TEST WITH BOOTH QR SYSTEMS TO SEE IF THE EXTRA WEIGHT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE RESPONSE OF THE WHEEL WILL APPRECIATE.

REGARDS, 
  • I’ve just arrived home from work here in Germany to find my new wheel waiting for me with the quick release. My first impressions are very positive. The look and feel of the wheel is amazing ,considering that it is not Carbon Fiber I think Fanatec have done a Great Job to find a 3D plastic Carbon Look. Guys please think about what you are saying when you’re complaining that it is not „real“ carbon ! If they would have made this wheel in Carbon like the real life wheel it would probably cost around €1500 ! I know this because this is my job and yes I have made F1 and LMP1 wheels for „real“ race cars. This wheel has a 3D shape to it unlike the F1 rim which Fanatec could use a flat Carbon plate for. @Fanatec team and @ Thomas, thanks again for making a great product. I’m sure I‘ll have many hours of fun with it
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks, Danke, Dank je wel, Merci Beaucoup!!!

Some quick laps obviously with the McLaren GT3 in R3E, PCars2 and AC. The new wheel feels very sturdy. Kudos for the Fanatec team

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-opens-limited-pre-orders-for-new-csl-elite-mclaren-gt3-wheel.369924/page-5#post-12299843
  • Just got the shipping info from FedEx.  Ground to NY from Cali.  Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. 
  • I received my McLaren Wheel today.
    Buttons Caps and Bag are missing :( 

I created a Ticket at their Support. Hopefully they can send them asap.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I’ve just arrived home from work here in Germany to find my new wheel waiting for me with the quick release. My first impressions are very positive. The look and feel of the wheel is amazing ,considering that it is not Carbon Fiber I think Fanatec have done a Great Job to find a 3D plastic Carbon Look. Guys please think about what you are saying when you’re complaining that it is not „real“ carbon ! If they would have made this wheel in Carbon like the real life wheel it would probably cost around €1500 ! I know this because this is my job and yes I have made F1 and LMP1 wheels for „real“ race cars. This wheel has a 3D shape to it unlike the F1 rim which Fanatec could use a flat Carbon plate for. @Fanatec team and @ Thomas, thanks again for making a great product. I’m sure I‘ll have many hours of fun with it
    I am very glad that you and others like the wheel. :) What exactly is your job? We are always for people with the right know-how ;)
  • KEITH JONESKEITH JONES Member
    edited April 2018
    What's up with some people getting "free" 2Day Shipping?  

A friend of mine paid $170 and paid for 2Day Express Shipping.  His shipping charge was waived and, because he didn't purchase the QR Adapter initially, he got that free too.  

So I paid $170 (rim), $100 (QR), and $20.53 (standard shipping) while he paid $170 for the same thing.  And he'll get it sooner as his will deliver tomorrow.  

I get that I'll get a $100 QR "coupon", which is not ideal...but to give away Express Shipping to some and not others is highly questionable.  We've all been waiting the same amount of time for it.