Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• JP Mens said:
    1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!

Use the ones that came with the CSL, I did and it looks better..
    Tnx! Didnt know it would fit.Will try it right away. Cheers from the netherlands!
    they don't fit
    Havent come to it yet but why should he lie about it?
  • It does fit ;)
  • JP Mens said:
    1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!

Use the ones that came with the CSL, I did and it looks better..
    Tnx! Didnt know it would fit.Will try it right away. Cheers from the netherlands!
    they don't fit
    Well that's strange, they do on mine
  • Maybe your fingers are to big.. Ask your wife to do it :-)
  • Mclaren GT3 help required. Can someone please explain how to properly utilise the encoder dials. I also can't get the paddle hand brake to work or a sign the anolog paddle option. I am on Xbox with V2.5 base
  • JP Mens said:
    Maybe your fingers are to big.. Ask your wife to do it :-)
    Did you replace the button with the xbox logo with the PS logo? because that one doesn't fit.
  • edited April 2018
    JP Mens said:
    Did you replace the button with the xbox logo with the PS logo? because that one doesn't fit.
    It does fit!
  • JP Mens said:
    It does fit!
    what are those caps off? they are not anything like the ones on my csl elite
  • The caps were included as a separate set in the CSL wheel base together with a other set of buttoncaps(smaller ones) for the p1 wheel.
  • The caps were included as a separate set in the CSL wheel base together with a other set of buttoncaps(smaller ones) for the p1 wheel.
    i never got them.. just the small ones....bugger

• Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited April 2018
    I see Chinese Qaulity control is as good as ever. Note. This pic was taken straight after taking out of the box. I also posted the same pic and dig at Chinese QC on Fanatec owners Facebook aswell earlier today.
  • Thomas / Armin Can one of you or any Fanatec official explain what is the Difference between FOR and FEI in the New FW. Thanks. FW test Drive with McClaren Rim was Very Very Good on P.C Racing Pcars2... The Steering felt Responsive, Crisp and Detailed. I Won all 3 online Races that i Ran tonight!!! My Lap times are Very Stable and within My Norm... Im pretty sure once i get used to the Rim Shape and Size that i may improve a Few of My Lap times.... I Really like the option that i can Map the Clutch paddles to what ever i want. Im Resonably pleased with the Build Quality although i would have prefered for the Dual Clutch paddles to be made from aluminum.... Overal i feel the McClaren Rim was a Good purchase and worth every $$$ Spent.
  • Thanks Fanatec, I received the McLaren wheel yesterday. Now I need a Podium wheel base. Waiting continues. ^:)^
  • Any update on the wide spread of shipping times is also appreciated. Some have received it a few days ago, while others haven't even received a shipping notice. Did everyone who has the wheel already or who has received a shipping notice o my order the wheel seperately? I ordered mine together with other stuff that has been delivered some time ago.
  • ...Im Resonably pleased with the Build Quality although i would have prefered for the Dual Clutch paddles to be made from aluminum....
    That's the only thing really I don't like, these plastic paddles. Thomas, how about a Carbon paddles upgrade like it was available for the good old Porsche GT3 RS wheel?
  • Is 310/445 mandatory when McLaren rim is used with CSW v2? I ask 'cause I tried that firmware but it was quite bad, so I went back to 292/317.
  • Still would like to know if we have to wait till all preorders have been delivered (including Japan and Australia) before preorders are opened again. Sounds a bit strange I guess. Why not open the preoders now?
  • Is 310/445 mandatory when McLaren rim is used with CSW v2? 
    yes. Old firmwares will not "see" the McLaren and you will end up in an endless boot sequence.
  • Damn. As I said, driving feel/ffb was worse than with older firmware.
  • Still would like to know if we have to wait till all preorders have been delivered (including Japan and Australia) before preorders are opened again. Sounds a bit strange I guess. Why not open the preoders now?
    Hold your horses man, I have not received my wheel (or any shipping confirmation) yet...  8-|
    Try turning up FEI (in have it on 80), its probably lower on default now than it was in your previous setup
    No it isn't.
    Aha...then I have to dig up the box 
    Hold your horses man, I have not received my wheel (or any shipping confirmation) yet...  8-|
    I feel sorry for you, but if you're from Down Under at least you know you have to wait another month. I believe it's a relevant question for those who didn't preorder and would like to know what period of time we are talking about.
  • Hi,

received mine in Poland yesterday (25.04). My first impression, English subtitles added (not generated).

I don't see appliance for 12-pos. knobs in Assetto Corsa so far, because each position is separate button which is still on. Maybe we need some mod for AC to map this. TC or ABS settings on knobs would be great! How about other sims? pCars2? iRacing? RaceRoom? Do they have possibility to map these knobs?

Best Regards!
    Piotr
  • I feel sorry for you, but if you're from Down Under at least you know you have to wait another month. I believe it's a relevant question for those who didn't preorder and would like to know what period of time we are talking about.
    I understand. But I'm not from down under (unless you Belgium as down under compared to Holland). 
    Reading about Benelux simracers having received their wheels while I haven't had any message yet is also a bit frustrating. I did pre-order months ago...
  • @ Willy Wels, did you contact FANATEC directly through support? I hope they can help you directly to get your preorder soon. Good luck.
    Besides that I second the question and would like to know when roughly the rim will be available for others to order?

I also would like to know how to map the 12 position rotary switches, I hope that Sim Racing Girl can bring up more detailed videos how to work best with the wheel and how to map everything. Thanks.

• I also would like to know how to map the 12 position rotary switches, I hope that Sim Racing Girl can bring up more detailed videos how to work best with the wheel and how to map everything. Thanks.
    Just asked the same in the specific topic about this wheel. Now idea how to map them, but an expert will hopefully explain soonish 

@Willy: We call Belgium our southern friends. Can you imagine I even work in Belgium. I also hope with you that you get this wheel asap
  • Hi,

received mine in Poland yesterday (25.04). My first impression, English subtitles added (not generated).

I don't see appliance for 12-pos. knobs in Assetto Corsa so far, because each position is separate button which is still on. Maybe we need some mod for AC to map this. TC or ABS settings on knobs would be great! How about other sims? pCars2? iRacing? RaceRoom? Do they have possibility to map these knobs?

Best Regards!
    Piotr
    On Xbox most buttons are useless. The toggle switches mimic gear change the encoder dials do nothing the handbrake on paddle setting dies not work and the empty analogue paddle setting can't be mapped. Not great for an Xbox branded wheel. I hope it's just me being daft bit I fear not. You might find mine on eBay very soon.
  • are just my finger to short for the orange shifter? my focus on track is not miss to shift..:( Button Mapping i try on xbox with f1 to use Racestart Paddles not possible right?