Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Hi All, long time lurker but my first post here, I read somewhere that the rotary switches cannot be mapped, is that true? So they are just there for decorative purposes? Also the toggle switches, do they act as two buttons, for example up is button 1 and down is button 2? Cheers
    Fanatec is not Thrustmaster..... ;)
    Of course the two 12-positional Rotarys can be mapped as 12 individual buttons (for each rotary switch and each position is a different button) so you get 24 buttons in total out of these two rotary switches.
    Same for the toggle switches. Up is one button, down is another button (on each toggle).

No deco on this rim, all buttons can be mapped! :)
    On PS4 they don't work.
    Tru but they really are all mappable buttons. You can see for yourself when you connect the wheel to your pc and open the testi ng software. Even the toggle switches are separate although the ps4 uses them as combined.
  • I like, that these 2 rotary switches are really 12-way and not "faked" 2-button-switches. =D>  It works great in iRacing to switch all the blackboxes.
    B-)

It's an absolutely fantastic wheel. Well done, Fanatec! ^:)^

PS: But i also can fully understand the frustration of the people in Australia and Japan, which have to wait another month. I think i would also get mad about this.
  • Hi All, long time lurker but my first post here, I read somewhere that the rotary switches cannot be mapped, is that true? So they are just there for decorative purposes? Also the toggle switches, do they act as two buttons, for example up is button 1 and down is button 2? Cheers
    Of course the two 12-positional Rotarys can be mapped as 12 individual buttons (for each rotary switch and each position is a different button) so you get 24 buttons in total out of these two rotary switches.
    Same for the toggle switches. Up is one button, down is another button (on each toggle).

On PS4 they don't work.
    Tru but they really are all mappable buttons. You can see for yourself when you connect the wheel to your pc and open the testi ng software. Even the toggle switches are separate although the ps4 uses them as combined.
    I think it is an limitation of the PS4. Thrusmaster F1 wheel has the same limitations. 
    Would love to see it work as on PC. They should had programmed the extra buttons as keyboard buttons. As keyboards are allowed on the PS4.
  • So have all orders in Europe been shipped? Or just Germany?
  • For PS4

N = Share
    P = Option
    Left side starting from the top  ==> L3 ==> N ==> Triangle ==> Square
    Right side starting form the top ==> R3 ==> P ==> Circle ==> Cross

switch up ==> R2
    Switch down ==> L2

both switches have the same function; it is therefore a double command.
    Tested on F1 2017 (PS4)

THANK YOU!
  • edited April 2018
    So have all orders in Europe been shipped? Or just Germany?
    Also the neighbors to the west aka the Netherlands. At least I received the magnificent wheel yesterday so not sure if other Dutchies received theirs yet
    No, UK here.  No emails, no dispatch, no wheel.
  • No, NL here.  No emails, no dispatch, no wheel.
  • Yeah it does work, I have one in the netherlands. Cheers!
  • Holland +1
  • Thomas, you mentioned in an ealier post that preorders for the Mclaren wheel will be opened again after all preorders have arrived at their destination. Does that mean we have to wait untill Japan and Australia have been served before it's possible to order?
    Shipped to Norway, out for delivery today.. hope I’ll be home in time to get it:)

On PS4 they don't work.
    I think it is an limitation of the PS4. Thrusmaster F1 wheel has the same limitations. 
    Would love to see it work as on PC. They should had programmed the extra buttons as keyboard buttons. As keyboards are allowed on the PS4.
    Maybe in a future update.
  • Would be great if you could give small names to set 1.2.3.4.5 like GTS or AC or PC2.
  • edited April 2018
  • edited April 2018
    Can some one tell Me what the FEI is in the New FW... What does it do??? Edit: I looked it up is tbis setting replacing the FOR setting??? FEI and FOR seem to do the same tbing.
    Belgium here, no mail, no wheel, order status: processing (but that is no change)...
  • Erik HousmansErik Housmans Member
    edited April 2018
    Did the people who received it (in The Netherlands for instance) receive an e-mail about it? Or did it just arrive?

The strange thing is that in my account it says "shipped" but it wasn't. It has said shipped for over a month. Hope this doesn't cause any problems.
  • Did the people who received it (in The Netherlands for instance) receive an e-mail about it? Or did it just arrive?

The strange thing is that in my account it says "shipped" but it wasn't. It has said shipped for over a month. Hope this doesn't cause any problems.
    On 20 April the status changed to shipped in the order page. Monday I received a track&trace mail from UPS. 
    I would contact Fanatec CS directly just to be sure nothing went wrong with your order. 
  • I don't know how many they ship a day, and how many orders came in. Probably will just have to wait and about last in line I guess.
  • Thanks for the responses guys, I will keep an eye on this wheel and the mapping functionality. Cheers
  • edited April 2018
    So have all orders in Europe been shipped? Or just Germany?
    Belgium here, no mail, no wheel, order status: processing (but that is no change)...
    I am also from Belgium. Received yesterday 24/4 in the morning.
    Obviously, it is not according to the country of destination that deadlines vary.
  • USA here, my wheel was shipped and is on its way, so US preorders were also fulfilled.
  • hi jungs,
    ich hab ein problem mit dem mclaren wheel,
    und zwar schaltet das wheel manchmal nicht hoch oder runter, und nach ein paar minuten kann man überhaubt nicht mehr hoch oder runter schalten.
    über den menü button läst sich auch nichts mehr machen, wie wenn alles eingefroren wäre.
    treiber wurde mehr mals neu installiert.
    hat einer einen tipp?

Hey guys,
    I have a problem with the mclaren wheel,
    and although the wheel sometimes does not turn up or down, and after a few minutes you can not over-hooked up or down switch.
    nothing can be done with the menu button, as if everything had frozen.
    Driver was reinstalled more times.
    does one have a tip?

sorry for my bad englisch

• JP Mens said:
    1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!

Use the ones that came with the CSL, I did and it looksCSL buttoncaps don't fit the McLaren wheelJP Mens said:
    The CSL button caps do not fit the McLaren wheel

• JP Mens said:
    1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!

Use the ones that came with the CSL, I did and it looks better..
    Tnx! Didnt know it would fit.Will try it right away. Cheers from the netherlands!
    they don't fit
    No, UK here.  No emails, no dispatch, no wheel.
    I'm in the uk, I have mine