Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Hello Thomas.

Are going to be any sales before Black Friday? 

CSW 2.5, Xbox Universal Hub, other wheels, etc..

Any summer sales? J

Thanks.

•  Fernando Fernando Member
    edited May 2018
    Fernando said:
    With the new Firmware i have a Problem with a wandering center on my csl elite, i practically cant't drive in a straight line anymore. if i revert back to the old driver/firmware all is fine, but i cant use the Mclaren rim anymore.
    I have a problem too, when I take the wheel about 3-4 degrees to the right, it goes back to 0.
    You can't drive well like that, you lose the calibration, any solution ?
    How can I go back to the previous firmware?
    PD:Sorry for multipost above, for some error the comment was not sent
    i opened a support ticket, they haven't a solution at the moment, lets hope the best. it would be nice if you could open a ticket also, maybe it helps tracking down the problem faster.

regarding the firmware: you can uninstall the new driver, reinstall driver 293 and flash the old firmware from there.
    Thanks , yes I sent them a message with the problem too
  • It was mentioned that there would be different torque models for the Podium series, some possibly coming later than others. Will a 20Nm version (or approx) be available at launch, or will be further down the line?
    At the moment it looks like both versions will hit the market at the same time.
    Hi Thomas

Will any NEW Wheels be launched when the DD base's are released, or any idea of when they might come.....?
    And will there be any Premium Pedal sets released.....?
    I am still not happy that I have to wait another month for my GT3 wheel.....
  • edited May 2018
    On the wheel settings, what is F.EFF.INT ?  (Its the last setting).   I know I'll kick myself when somebody says...

It seems to 'smooth' the FFB when playing Project Cars 2 if you lower the number to say 70 from 100?

EDIT:

Although im pretty sure the values run from 0-100 now.  Not 0-10.
  • I actually ran into an issue now where the McLaren GT3 steering wheel display is no longer working on my CSL Elite PS4 base. It was working as expected initially after updating the firmware and doing some initial testing, but for some reason now the display no longer shows anything when powering everything on. And when testing the wheel functions all the buttons are extremely unresponsive. I submitted a support ticket. I am not sure what I could have done wrong, my wheel doesn't fall into the prototype serial numbers or anything like that and I definitely followed the driver and firmware updates exactly as listed. Awaiting a response from Fanatec. I have tried reinstalling driver on PC and reflashing the base and the wheel but no luck so far. 

Any ideas? Base still works completely fine with normal CSL Elite PS4 wheel on the latest firmware.
    Any updates on this? Has been a day or so and haven't heard anything back yet. Just looking forward to trying the new wheel and haven't been able to give it a go yet due to this issue. 
  • Hi all, quick question here. Will the quick release adapter be compatible with all the csl elite wheels? I own a P1 and a formula and it would be great to be able to change them quickly... thanks!
  • Christophe Dupret

Hi... If you check the photos of CSL Elite and normal CSL rim you will see that there are no bolts to mount the quick release adapter. From what I here from Thomas I think that future CSL Elite rims will be compatible with the adapter.

• Christophe Dupret

Hi... If you check the photos of CSL Elite and normal CSL rim you will see that there are no bolts to mount the quick release adapter. From what I here from Thomas I think that future CSL Elite rims will be compatible with the adapter.

Yeah I just checked this now and I unfortunately agree with you...
  • edited May 2018
    Will the Mclaren Rim w/Club Sport Quick release work with the DD base at Full Strength or will the DD base Reduce the power to protect the Rim???? I was asked if the McClaren rim with QR was good enough to use on a OSW DD wheel w/Fanatec Wheel adapter i didn't know how to answer.... this made Me curious and I ask because the McClaren rim seems to be mostly made of plastic...I do like the Build Quality but I'm curious to know how strong it is.
  • Will the Mclaren Rim w/Club Sport Quick release work with the DD base at Full Strength or will the DD base Reduce the power to protect the Rim???? I was asked if the McClaren rim with QR was good enough to use on a OSW DD wheel w/Fanatec Wheel adapter i didn't know how to answer.... this made Me curious and I ask because the McClaren rim seems to be mostly made of plastic...I do like the Build Quality but I'm curious to know how strong it is.
    With modern plastic materials, just because it is made out of plastic, it doesn't mean that it is weak. And from what I felt so far, it seems pretty rigid and sturdy.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Will the Mclaren Rim w/Club Sport Quick release work with the DD base at Full Strength or will the DD base Reduce the power to protect the Rim???? I was asked if the McClaren rim with QR was good enough to use on a OSW DD wheel w/Fanatec Wheel adapter i didn't know how to answer.... this made Me curious and I ask because the McClaren rim seems to be mostly made of plastic...I do like the Build Quality but I'm curious to know how strong it is.
    I just played it on the DD and there is no concern at all. Probably good enough to use it even in a real car.
  • Will the Mclaren Rim w/Club Sport Quick release work with the DD base at Full Strength or will the DD base Reduce the power to protect the Rim???? I was asked if the McClaren rim with QR was good enough to use on a OSW DD wheel w/Fanatec Wheel adapter i didn't know how to answer.... this made Me curious and I ask because the McClaren rim seems to be mostly made of plastic...I do like the Build Quality but I'm curious to know how strong it is.
    I just played it on the DD and there is no concern at all. Probably good enough to use it even in a real car.
    Thanks for the answer ....NICE!!! I would Love to Beta test the Fanatec DD wheel and Test the McClaren rim also [-O< How bout it... Please... Pretty Please =P~
  • edited May 2018

Thomas, 

When will be available the GT3 rim for all of us.......... and will be a pre-order again or just for normal delivery?

Regards, 

Anychance of a reply to the question please??

Thanks for the answer ....NICE!!! I would Love to Beta test the Fanatec DD wheel and Test the McClaren rim also [-O< How bout it... Please... Pretty Please =P~
    Right?

I've got money set aside for a day 1 pre-order.  Love to do the testing, just let me know.
  • Latest firmware introducing FEI to the CSW is perfect, what a difference it has made to the v.25 xbox combo in both Assetto and pc2.

First class thank you.
  • This thing is beautiful!! Well worth the wait!! Thanks!
  • Thomas/ Fanatec Team Do any of you Sim Race??? If so what Games do you Race??? It would be Really Really Great if you would organize a Race With Fanatec Team week.... I think that would be Totally Awsome!!! All that Agree Hit Like =D> Maybe this could happend and it wont cost a thing but time... I would have loved to come to the Expo's to Meet and Great you all but I'm too busey working to pay for all the Great Gear Fanatec makes.
  • Thomas/ Fanatec Team Do any of you Sim Race??? If so what Games do you Race??? It would be Really Really Great if you would organize a Race With Fanatec Team week.... I think that would be Totally Awsome!!! All that Agree Hit Like =D> Maybe this could happend and it wont cost a thing but time... I would have loved to come to the Expo's to Meet and Great you all but I'm too busey working to pay for all the Great Gear Fanatec makes.
    It is still a couple of months away so maybe you can already schedule some time off? 16-18 Sept Simexpo at Nürburgring. 
  • Hallo zusammen,

leider ist unserem Lager beim Versand des McLaren GT3 ein Fehler unterlaufen und es wurden versehentlich an vereinzelte Kunden Vorserienmodelle verschickt, die nicht für den Verkauf bestimmt waren.
    Dies betrifft ausschließlich McLaren GT3 Rims mit der Seriennummer „QM028…“
    Die Lenkräder haben keine technischen Fehler, könnten aber Fehler aufweisen, aus diesem Grund tauschen wir sie vorsorglich aus.

Die betroffenen Kunden wurden von uns bereits angeschrieben und es wurden Retourenlabels zur Verfügung gestellt. Das korrekte Serienmodell wird heute an alle betroffenen Kunden versendet. Falls ein Besitzer eines McLaren GT3 mit einer Seriennummer beginnend mit „QM028…“ keine Benachrichtigung mit Retourenlabel erhalten haben sollte und diese auch nicht in dem Spam oder Junk Mail Ordner im E-Mail Account zu finden sein sollte, bitten wir die Betroffenen, sich bei unserem Fanatec Support zu melden.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten. 

Hello all,
    Unfortunately our warehouse made a mistake by shipping units to customers and a few customers unfortunately have received a pre-production unit which was not meant to be sold.
    Only McLaren GT3 Rims with a serial number starting with “QM028…” are affected.
    These units do not have a technical fault but they may show issues and this is the reason why we replace them as a precaution.

We already have contacted the customers which have received these units. These customers also have received a prepaid shipping label to send the unit back to us and today we will ship the correct production model to the affected customers in advance. In case an owner of a McLaren GT3 with a serial number starting with “QM028…” did not receive this e-mail with the shipping label included and if this E-Mail also cannot be found in the spam or junk mail folder of the e-mail account, please contact Fanatec support.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    wie lange dauert die zustellung?????
    mein wheel wurde am 30.04.18 zu fanatec gesendet und ist am 02.05.18 bei fanatec angekommen.
    also doch nicht seitens fanatec versendet, oder.!!!!!!
  • So when will the Mclaren Rim go on sale for the rest of us?????
  • edited May 2018
    Yes please tell us I have been waiting since christmas to buy one money is burning a hole in my pocket

• Yes please tell us I have been waiting since christmas to buy one money is burning a hole in my pocket

Preorder is available now!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Trying to get Dual clutch to work with F1 2017 on Xbox so I mapped clutch to left paddle however it is not letting me use the right paddle for the bite point. It sees left and right as the same. Is this due to FW, game not supporting it or Console limitation?
  • F1 2017 is an arcade racer.....
  • I don´t have the McLaren wheel ( not now ), but I asked a while ago how the dual clutch works in game and Thomas answered here that the dual clutch feature is a feature of the rim itself totally independent of the game software.
    So as I understood it should work in any game, console or PC, arcade racer or full simulation !?

I wish we would get a better video by SimRacingGirl showing in detail how to setup the dual clutch in different games on console and PC.
  • Trying to get Dual clutch to work with F1 2017 on Xbox so I mapped clutch to left paddle however it is not letting me use the right paddle for the bite point. It sees left and right as the same. Is this due to FW, game not supporting it or Console limitation?
    Check to make sure the Rotary switch is on the set Bite mode position... If the swith is in the Correct position then you may Need to add some Dead Zone to the games Clutch setting because the game is reading clutch as On or Off and Not as a progressive input like it does throttle and brakes.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Trying to get Dual clutch to work with F1 2017 on Xbox so I mapped clutch to left paddle however it is not letting me use the right paddle for the bite point. It sees left and right as the same. Is this due to FW, game not supporting it or Console limitation?
    Check to make sure the Rotary switch is on the set Bite mode position... If the swith is in the Correct position then you may Need to add some Dead Zone to the games Clutch setting because the game is reading clutch as On or Off and Not as a progressive input like it does throttle and brakes.
    Thanks bud. It is in Mode 1 Clutch/Bite. I will add the deadzone and try. Prob have to do the same on PCars.
  • Podium Podium Podium Podium Series!.. Wen?.. Plz
  • I actually ran into an issue now where the McLaren GT3 steering wheel display is no longer working on my CSL Elite PS4 base. It was working as expected initially after updating the firmware and doing some initial testing, but for some reason now the display no longer shows anything when powering everything on. And when testing the wheel functions all the buttons are extremely unresponsive. I submitted a support ticket. I am not sure what I could have done wrong, my wheel doesn't fall into the prototype serial numbers or anything like that and I definitely followed the driver and firmware updates exactly as listed. Awaiting a response from Fanatec. I have tried reinstalling driver on PC and reflashing the base and the wheel but no luck so far. 

Any ideas? Base still works completely fine with normal CSL Elite PS4 wheel on the latest firmware.
    Any updates on this? Has been a day or so and haven't heard anything back yet. Just looking forward to trying the new wheel and haven't been able to give it a go yet due to this issue. 
    Support did contact me and are now working on getting me a replacement. Thanks!
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited May 2018
    What platforms did you just play it on? Haha. Maybe some GT Sport? Maybe Maybe? Haha. I pray to Kaz and Thomas each night for Podium PS4 support.