Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• FINALLY WE GOT IT!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!! I´M ORDERING MINE TODAY AND WAIT ANOTHER MONTH, KIND OF MIXED EMMOTIONS!!!!! 
  • Abram WozniakAbram Wozniak Member
    edited May 2018
    the way the 2, 12position rotaries are coded (as individual buttons) sort of screws us over.

unless the racing game has individual programmable assignments for each engine map, or each TC step, we cant use them for the intended function.

They need to be coded like the twist function on the funky switch.  rotating left is one button, right is another.  that way they are usable since most games have options like 'increase engine map' or 'decrease ABS'.

@Thomas, is there a way to change this, or are they any plans to update the firmware accordingly? 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    It is not possible to change that as those are true Multiposition switches with limited rotation.
  • Hi,

just FYI: today morning I received an email from Fanatec that pre-orders for McLaren wheel are open. Quote:

"The CSL Elite McLaren GT3 wheel order page is now live! Following our recent shipping of the ‘early bird’ pre-orders, the wheel is now available for general pre-order. We know you’ve been itching to grab one of these, and we’re very excited to get them into your hands very soon"

CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3

Model: CSL E RMcL
    Series: CSL
    Availability: Open for Pre-Orders
    Availability date: 2018-06-08

----
    By the way, I made another review after few days of tests, and in better quality (with English subtitles)

• My Display doesen't work (McLaren GT3)
    Did you install the latest drivers? 
  • edited May 2018
    I received my McLaren GT3 rim and Clubsport quick release adapter last friday. Check out my YouTube video below:

Did you install the latest drivers? 
    Yes
  • edited May 2018
    My Display doesen't work (McLaren GT3)
    What exactly is not working? Which game? You see the base firmware, motor firmware and McLaren firmware and then a big F logo when the base boots in the display? Did you try the Display test in the driver menu so you see an 888 displayed on your display? Is the display showing something when you switch modes with the blue rotary?
    What exactly is not working? Which game? You see the base firmware, motor firmware and McLaren firmware and then a big F logo when the base boots in the display? Did you try the Display test in the driver menu so you see an 888 displayed on your display? Is the display showing something when you switch modes with the blue rotary?
    Displaytest fail. I mean that the Display completly broken.
    Displaytest fail. I mean that the Display completly broken.
    With so little information I think its best to contact support (with a bit more detailed information regarding which driver and firmware you are on etc etc). Live chat is even available now in this moment so you can get official help within a few minutes.
  • I actually ran into an issue now where the McLaren GT3 steering wheel display is no longer working on my CSL Elite PS4 base. It was working as expected initially after updating the firmware and doing some initial testing, but for some reason now the display no longer shows anything when powering everything on. And when testing the wheel functions all the buttons are extremely unresponsive. I submitted a support ticket. I am not sure what I could have done wrong, my wheel doesn't fall into the prototype serial numbers or anything like that and I definitely followed the driver and firmware updates exactly as listed. Awaiting a response from Fanatec. I have tried reinstalling driver on PC and reflashing the base and the wheel but no luck so far. 

Any ideas? Base still works completely fine with normal CSL Elite PS4 wheel on the latest firmware.
    Any updates on this? Has been a day or so and haven't heard anything back yet. Just looking forward to trying the new wheel and haven't been able to give it a go yet due to this issue. 
  • 9 kl
  • I actually ran into an issue now where the McLaren GT3 steering wheel display is no longer working on my CSL Elite PS4 base. It was working as expected initially after updating the firmware and doing some initial testing, but for some reason now the display no longer shows anything when powering everything on. And when testing the wheel functions all the buttons are extremely unresponsive. I submitted a support ticket. I am not sure what I could have done wrong, my wheel doesn't fall into the prototype serial numbers or anything like that and I definitely followed the driver and firmware updates exactly as listed. Awaiting a response from Fanatec. I have tried reinstalling driver on PC and reflashing the base and the wheel but no luck so far. 

Any ideas? Base still works completely fine with normal CSL Elite PS4 wheel on the latest firmware.
    Any updates on this? Has been a day or so and haven't heard anything back yet. Just looking forward to trying the new wheel and haven't been able to give it a go yet due to this issue. 
    Not sure why this was quoted?

Fanatec support setup an RMA and is replacing the wheel.
  • Not sure ether, I think my phone had a questions lol.
  • Fernando said:
    With the new Firmware i have a Problem with a wandering center on my csl elite, i practically cant't drive in a straight line anymore. if i revert back to the old driver/firmware all is fine, but i cant use the Mclaren rim anymore.
    I have a problem too, when I take the wheel about 3-4 degrees to the right, it goes back to 0.
    You can't drive well like that, you lose the calibration, any solution ?
    How can I go back to the previous firmware?
    PD:Sorry for multipost above, for some error the comment was not sent
    i opened a support ticket, they haven't a solution at the moment, lets hope the best. it would be nice if you could open a ticket also, maybe it helps tracking down the problem faster.

regarding the firmware: you can uninstall the new driver, reinstall driver 293 and flash the old firmware from there.
    Any news about this ?
  • edited May 2018
    Deleted... Im gonna test More before i post.
  • Is it summer yet?

i'm so anxious.
  • good thing wants to have it. patience
  • No real substance here.
    Just gratitude for what Fanatec does, with some visual aid.
    Podium DD must be soon.

• Kkiio
    No real substance here.
    Just gratitude for what Fanatec does, with some visual aid.
    Podium DD must be soon.

Nice design, where did you get those labels.
  • Fernando said:
    Fernando said:
    With the new Firmware i have a Problem with a wandering center on my csl elite, i practically cant't drive in a straight line anymore. if i revert back to the old driver/firmware all is fine, but i cant use the Mclaren rim anymore.
    I have a problem too, when I take the wheel about 3-4 degrees to the right, it goes back to 0.
    You can't drive well like that, you lose the calibration, any solution ?
    How can I go back to the previous firmware?
    PD:Sorry for multipost above, for some error the comment was not sent
    i opened a support ticket, they haven't a solution at the moment, lets hope the best. it would be nice if you could open a ticket also, maybe it helps tracking down the problem faster.

regarding the firmware: you can uninstall the new driver, reinstall driver 293 and flash the old firmware from there.
    Any news about this ?
    Its been a full two weeks since i heard last time from support, i would say it doesn't look too good.
  • edited May 2018
    Have you tried to uninstall the New DR from the PC then ---> Re start the PC and Do a Fresh install and wheel Flash yet??? Some times this is Needed especially when they add New Features or Hardware to the DR/FW..... I thought i found a glitch in My DR install and a uninstall Restart of PC and Fresh DR install with wheel Flash Fixed things for Me.....Also it wouldnt Hurt to Defrag your Drive before Fresh DR install.... Hope this Helps.
  • Have you tried to uninstall the New DR from the PC then ---> Re start the PC and Do a Fresh install and wheel Flash yet??? Some times this is Needed especially when they add New Features or Hardware to the DR/FW..... I thought i found a glitch in My DR install and a uninstall Restart of PC and Fresh DR install with wheel Flash Fixed things for Me.....Also it wouldnt Hurt to Defrag your Drive before Fresh DR install.... Hope this Helps.

Hey Lorrell, what firmware version should the McLaren Wheel have?

• The New FW its on the Download page Driver 310 Beta , FW 446, motor FW 18 , MClaren Rin FW 23
  • The New FW its on the Download page Driver 310 Beta , FW 446, motor FW 18 , MClaren Rin FW 23
    Ok thanks, not sure what the issue is, maybe you Or someone here can give me some ideas. I have followed the setup video to the letter, I have deleted the Fanatec driver app reinstalled restarted and defraged my PC, I sent my first wheel back and received the replacement today and still having the same issue. When I try to update the base and then the wheel, the base updates fine with no issues, but when I go to update the wheel I get the dialog box that indicates the wheel firmware is out of date, but when I click to update the connect and flash box doesn't pop up. The wheel and base both go into up date mode but thats it. Here's a video to help explain:
    Ok thanks, not sure what the issue is, maybe you Or someone here can give me some ideas. I have followed the setup video to the letter, I have deleted the Fanatec driver app reinstalled restarted and defraged my PC, I sent my first wheel back and received the replacement today and still having the same issue. When I try to update the base and then the wheel, the base updates fine with no issues, but when I go to update the wheel I get the dialog box that indicates the wheel firmware is out of date, but when I click to update the connect and flash box doesn't pop up. The wheel and base both go into up date mode but thats it. Here's a video to help explain:
    Does it work if you click 'No' and then go to the Update tab in the Fanatec Wheel Properties window and start the updater from there?
    Do you have your wheel plugged into USB3.0 or USB2.0?
    Are you able to try and update the rim firmware on the Win7 PC?
  • edited May 2018
    The New FW its on the Download page Driver 310 Beta , FW 446, motor FW 18 , MClaren Rin FW 23
    Can you Check to make sure all the Allen screws in Wheel Rim Hub and Wheel base Hub are Snuged tight ---> Especially the Small Center allen Screw. ... If the Center Screw is Lose it causes problems because it wont get a firm connection. <--- as you push wheel onto the base the pins Moves back and wont lock in place if its lose.... Do you have this problem with other rims also????
  • @Wesley Stokes if my above questions do not help in resolve the issue, please contact Fanatec Support.
    Can you Check to make sure all the Allen screws in Wheel Rim Hub and Wheel base Hub are Snuged tight ---> Especially the Small Center allen Screw. ... If the Center Screw is Lose it causes problems because it wont get a firm connection. <--- as you push wheel onto the base the pins Moves back and wont lock in place if its lose.... Do you have this problem with other rims also????</div>
    I don't think this is the issue as the wheel works fine, I can use it in a race with no issues, its just when I go into the driver app I keep getting a message that the wheel doesn't have the most current update and the firmware version is 19, but it will not update. Thanks Remco, I have contacted Fanatec support and they have sent me a replacement wheel, but it's having the same issue with this as the first wheel. I going to try updating it from a different PC tonight just to eliminate the PC from being the cause, just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue.