CSL Elite McLaren Steering Wheel will ship in June

Comments

• The website does say in stock now and not pre-order, so I hope they will be able to ship this week.
  • Umm no it doesn't, well atleast not on the EU site..
  • Adam MansirAdam Mansir Member
    edited June 2018
  • Recieved email today stating that my expected delivery date for Mclaren gt3 wheel is 7th. Well happy.
  • Only got my final invoice and waiting for tracking. Can’t wait
  • Got mine today. Delivered early (thanks) but not happy with UPS who just dumped it on doorstep without even knocking on the door. The mrs stayed in especially. Checked my tracking app and said delivered , So rang her and asked if was delivered,. She looked outside the door and there it was.
    Live in a block of flats, so wasn't left outside but in the communal hall outside the door.   

@Thomas, maybe you should ask for signatures  from UPS deliveries. Lucky mine wasn't stolen!!
  • Got the McLaren wheel today. Put on the quick release, updated the firmware on the PS4 base station and then the wheel. Jumped into GT Sport and did a quick arcade game.

Wheel is perfection.
    Just the right size - not to big and not to small. The ergo grips are perfect.

I will likely be selling my formula wheel and both the PS4 and Xbox wheels and using this wheel for everything.

Best purchase from Fanatec to date! Congratulations to Thomas and your team as you have delivered the best wheel on the market!
  • Guys un the USA anyone of you hace receiver the Mclaren wheel or any email from Fanatec with your tracking number. Regards,
  • edited June 2018
     `David Burton said:
    Got mine today. Delivered early (thanks) but not happy with UPS who just dumped it on doorstep without even knocking on the door. The mrs stayed in especially. Checked my tracking app and said delivered , So rang her and asked if was delivered,. She looked outside the door and there it was.
    Live in a block of flats, so wasn't left outside but in the communal hall outside the door.   

@Thomas, maybe you should ask for signatures  from UPS deliveries. Lucky mine wasn't stolen!!

Don't blame the company if you didn't check off the box that suggest the following.

Signature upon delivery (cost per item: $5)
    We kindly recommend to use this additional service option. Otherwise the customer will be responsible in any case of lost or non-delivery.

• Mine arrived to today and I can't wait to set it up :)
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited June 2018
     `David Burton said:
    Got mine today. Delivered early (thanks) but not happy with UPS who just dumped it on doorstep without even knocking on the door. The mrs stayed in especially. Checked my tracking app and said delivered , So rang her and asked if was delivered,. She looked outside the door and there it was.

Don't blame the company if you didn't check off the box that suggest the following.

Signature upon delivery (cost per item: $5)
    We kindly recommend to use this additional service option. Otherwise the customer will be responsible in any case of lost or non-delivery.

Never seen that option when ordering for delivery in the uk. (Just done a dummy order and there is no option for that.  Having a meeting with local UPS firm tomorrow.
  • edited June 2018
    @David Burton my apologies as I didn’t realize it wasn’t an option for the UK. I may know how you feel as it isn’t fun have a shipper not delivery items securely. Hope you are enjoying the wheel. .... Mo .
  • Anyone having issues with remapping in Project Cars 2? The game seems to crash now with the beta drivers from Fanatec. Worked fine with all my other wheels. Didn’t try it out of VR mode, but that shouldn’t matter
  • Mine works fine. Did you update base before putting on wheel and updating that? 
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited June 2018
    @David Burton my apologies as I didn’t realize it wasn’t an option for the UK. I may know how you feel as it isn’t fun have a shipper not delivery items securely. Hope you are enjoying the wheel. .... Mo .

This maybe an option for the sender (fanatec) or even if you choose Express delivery. At checkout. I never saw this option.  Think Fanatec need to have signature on delivery as standard for high value items. 
    Care to comment Thomas??? Have sent email to support about this.

• Anyone having issues with remapping in Project Cars 2? The game seems to crash now with the beta drivers from Fanatec. Worked fine with all my other wheels. Didn’t try it out of VR mode, but that shouldn’t matter
    Nope. Works fine also in VR 
  • What a Fantastic wheel! I love it!! =D> Fanatec
  • About that delivery, here in Finland UPS or other couriers doesn't leave boxes anywhere in the wild. If they cannot reach customer they take package back to their warehouse(tfor few new try), or take it to pick up point, which I luckily have many near by.
  • edited June 2018
    Finally I receive my McLaren GT3 and guys the job is amazing! Feels robust to be a plastic one the hands grip are very confortable the buttons are solid and the N and P are more hard to press but the reason for that is clear you don't want to activate the Neutral or Pit Limiter in the middle of a race but is not something you can't handle, the other point are the gear level they are different in feeling to any other I have try and in the good way!!!!! the through is very short and you feel very presice went you make a shift can't way to get home and put it in the base this will be a long day for me in the office!!!!! I want to make public my gratitude to Julia Glasl in California who help me with a problem with my order.

Have a nice day and see you on track!!!!!! 
  • With regards to UPS crap delivery of my wheel. Seems it is in the T&C of UPS to deliver to the doorstep and not to recipient in person. Signed up to UPS MyChoices now so can get parcels delivered to a pick up shop instead.

Had a call from UPS local depot to apologise saying she would get the depot manager to ring me, but he never did.

Fanatecs response..."In general we are satisfied with the work of UPS, but sometimes mistakes happen.
    We wish you lot of fun with your new steering wheel."
    (No comment on the subject of getting a signature on receipt question I asked). When shipping Fanatec have the option to request a signature on delivery. (extra cost of course).

Lets hope my £1K ish??? DD wheel don't get dumped on step and stolen. (That's if I decide to buy one now).
  • I am thinking about buying  either the Mclaren gt3 or Formula rim. 
    As I  am sure that by now quite a few of you have the Mclaren and Formula rim I would like to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two in terms of feel and performance.  Do you prefer one above the other ?  Which one  would you recommend ?
    As I  am sure that by now quite a few of you have the Mclaren and Formula rim I would like to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two in terms of feel and performance.  Do you prefer one above the other ?  Which one  would you recommend ?

HI PRIMOZ,

WILL CLARIFY YOUR MIND.

• Only problem I've noticed so far is with the display, it seems fine if in-game setting are set to MPH, but if you use KPH the display constantly flicks between KPH/MPH abit confusing really, hopefully will get cured in a software update..
    I have both. I'm selling my Formula rim as the GT3 rim is superior - slightly smaller form factor makes it much more responsive than the Formula wheel; much much more ergonomic controls; the grips are much better - little indents for your pinkies make it very comfortable on long races; etc etc.
    I have both. I'm selling my Formula rim as the GT3 rim is superior - slightly smaller form factor makes it much more responsive than the Formula wheel; much much more ergonomic controls; the grips are much better - little indents for your pinkies make it very comfortable on long races; etc etc.
    I now have the p1 steering wheel that was part of the ps4 bundle and even that one feels very good. Does adding other rims or changing them make a difference that  adds to the experience or makes a significant  difference ,lets say the gt3 or 918 rim ? What are other members thoughts on this ? Because 280 euros for the gt3 wheel and 400 for the 918 rim is quite an investment.
  • With different wheel sizes you get different steering ratios. I have one rim I use with larger, heavier cars and one for smaller lighter cars. You can have just one wheel and create a setting in the menu to achieve the same results, but for me it doesn't feel the same. The only other reason for multiple rims is for the immersion factor, when I am using the type of rim that is in the real car it gets me more in tune with driving that car. Maybe this is because I am in VR and have the wheel and hands view on, what I am seeing and feeling are similar.
  • edited July 2018
    If you want to know everything about the build of  your McLaren GT3 wheel just watch this from Barry: 

• If you want to know everything about the build of  your McLaren GT3 wheel just watch this from Barry: 

Thanks for posting, I can always trust the info Barry gives, I still hope Fanatec releases a version of the McLaren wheel just for the DD bases though.
  • I just ordered this rim ! 
    But ive noticed on some it has a Xbox button on the lower right but on the Fanatec product page this button is black ! 
    I really hope the one i get doesnt have an Xbox button ! If it does can that be removed like the other buttons with caps ?
  • It comes with the Xbox button caps attached BUT you can remove all the Xbox caps - including the Xbox logo.