The time has come...

Comments

• Does anyone have pictures of their rigs?  Im interested to see what people are running.
  • Does anyone have pictures of their rigs?  Im interested to see what people are running.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21949-The-big-Show-your-own-race-rig-setup-topic&p=1479066&viewfull=1#post1479066
    Awsome setup Lorrell, I was thinking about switching to the N1 chassis after getting the DD base, but the new S1 has my attention.
  • I so want to switch to sim labs rig.
  • I have the SimLab P1.
    Front mounted V2 base and I would very much like to know if the Podium base can also be mounted this way.
    I asked several times, mailed Fanatec support, but they could not tell.
    Maybe in July then ?  It feels like I am asking for their bank card code...

• edited June 2018
    for what i saw in various youtube videos , YES,... podium have the same exact mounting holes... of v.2 and 2.5. in fact i think that even the simple table clamp v2 is fully compatible with podium. Podium have "also" SIDES mounting holes.
    I have the SimLab P1.
    Front mounted V2 base and I would very much like to know if the Podium base can also be mounted this way.

Just upgraded to a SimLab GT1--still getting things setup. Love how solid the 80/20s are. No flex, no noise, and the vibrations from the shaker travel so well through the frame. Ordered a couple DSD button boxes today. Still need figure out the monitor stand, though. I only race VR now, so I'm wondering if I should just get a smaller display, instead of mounting the old one. 

• My money is ready for you :-bd
  • Can someone help? i just wated to order a full setup, should i wait?, its a line up including rims pedals, shifter? what is dd? help? thanks
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited June 2018
    Or Tshuva said:
     what is dd?  

• My Ferrari Sim-Rig
    Just upgraded to a SimLab GT1--still getting things setup. Love how solid the 80/20s are. No flex, no noise, and the vibrations from the shaker travel so well through the frame. Ordered a couple DSD button boxes today. Still need figure out the monitor stand, though. I only race VR now, so I'm wondering if I should just get a smaller display, instead of mounting the old one. 

I also race only in VR and tried a smaller monitor for a couple of weeks. Last weekend bought a new 43" 4K TV (with ambilight) because I could not get used to a smaller monitor without wearing glasses....

I also race only in VR and tried a smaller monitor for a couple of weeks. Last weekend bought a new 43" 4K TV (with ambilight) because I could not get used to a smaller monitor without wearing glasses....
    I agree, keep the larger monitor, as there will be times when you will to do multiple things on screen say having it split screen with two diffrent windows either side, say one side for the sim and the other to monitor stuff, OBS YouTube, anything  :bz
  • edited June 2018

• Noted to my calendar and I am so looking for it.... :-)

I must start saving money for upgrade my CSW2.5....
  • Great news! Really looking forward to that date. Now the only thing I need is a compatibility to my ps4 AND my pc!
  • They should offer a trade in program for 2.5 wheels....that would make the wait a little more worth it.
  • I think that long term clients should benefit somehow anyway, some discounts and possibility to order before others.

Hey Andre, what are those two things on your chair? Is it just back and neck support or does it offer some vibration function? Just asking as I have that same GT Omega seat.

• for what i saw in various youtube videos , YES,... podium have the same exact mounting holes... of v.2 and 2.5. in fact i think that even the simple table clamp v2 is fully compatible with podium. Podium have "also" SIDES mounting holes.
    I have the SimLab P1.

Thanks for trying to help Danilo.
    I also noticed the front mounting points from the first pictures/video's. And I do know the Podium base has side and bottom mount possibilities.
    I wanted to be sure the front mount would be advisable (or even possible), hence  I asked Fanatec support. They answered nothing was definitive yet and the could not confirm or deny...
    I asked Richard from SimLab and he was not sure either, because Fanatec couldn't tell (yet).

So I think there is more to it than just conclude it will be possible to front mount the Podium base... 

:|

• Andre DavisAndre Davis Member
    edited June 2018

Thanks for trying to help Danilo.
    I also noticed the front mounting points from the first pictures/video's. And I do know the Podium base has side and bottom mount possibilities.
    I wanted to be sure the front mount would be advisable (or even possible), hence  I asked Fanatec support. They answered nothing was definitive yet and the could not confirm or deny...
    I asked Richard from SimLab and he was not sure either, because Fanatec couldn't tell (yet).

So I think there is more to it than just conclude it will be possible to front mount the Podium base... 

The front mount plate is pretty thick, but, if it doesn't work as-is, you could always drill new holes for the Podium. 
  • Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited June 2018
    Andre Davis said:The front mount plate is pretty thick, but, if it doesn't work as-is, you could always drill new holes for the Podium. 
    Thing is, I already have two SimLab brackets. One is adapted for mounting the V2 base (redrilled holes) and another one (still unused) has a drilling pattern for OSW.
    An eventual redrilling is not the issue. I just needed to know if front mounting would interfere with the purpose of those 4 bolts in the base. Are they holding/fixing the motor in the casing, or are they meant to just hold the the casing together with an internal structure (as in not directly exposed to high torque values ? Due to protruding bolts in the front panel of the V2, there is already need for some spacers to be able to mount the base to the bracket.

If front mount is not possible or recommended, I need to buy another wheel deck bracket to use the bottom mount. 
    But that would interfere with some other plans for mounting other peripherals.

So that is exactly what I have been asking for months now, since I want to lose as little time as possible when the Podium series are available.
  • Andre DavisAndre Davis Member
    edited June 2018
    Thing is, I already have two SimLab brackets. One is adapted for mounting the V2 base (redrilled holes) and another one (still unused) has a drilling pattern for OSW.
    An eventual redrilling is not the issue. I just needed to know if front mounting would interfere with the purpose of those 4 bolts in the base. Are they holding/fixing the motor in the casing, or are they meant to just hold the the casing together with an internal structure (as in not directly exposed to high torque values ? Due to protruding bolts in the front panel of the V2, there is already need for some spacers to be able to mount the base to the bracket.

If front mount is not possible or recommended, I need to buy another wheel deck bracket to use the bottom mount. 
    But that would interfere with some other plans for mounting other peripherals.

So that is exactly what I have been asking for months now, since I want to lose as little time as possible when the Podium series are available.

Good point. They bolts might not be useful for mounting. There's really no information on it, other than the SimLap site states the wheeldeck version is compatible with the Podium series. That was the reason I ordered the wheeldeck option with mine. I figured, if the front mount ends up supporting it, I could get it later. If it doesn't (and front mounting is an option for the Podium), I'm sure SimLab will create a new front mount that does support it. In the meantime, the wheeldeck might be the only SimLab option available for a while.  

I was thinking about using my projector also but after driving in vr I cannot bring myself to turn my rig to face the screen.
  • edited June 2018
    Steve, I also have a projector but indeed since the Oculus Rift I have not used it anymore...Therefor a 43" 'side' screen as default. 
    NLR v3 is barely visible but it shakes ;)  The TH8-A shifter now serves as a analog handbrake. 

Very happy I switched to Fanatec gear 6 months ago and recently added the H shifter. So great! 

• This Fanatec DD wheel sounds great and another DD wheel on the market is a good thing no matter who you follow because it means sim racing is evolving and in a good direction.  I have Clubsport Pedals V3 and Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5 and they are brilliant, but my wheel is the original AccuForce which I have owned since April 2015 and I still am loving it as the best wheel I ever owned. It works as strong and reliably as the day I first fired it up.  

I am sure the Fanatec DD will be an equally great driving experience when it lands and I do hope it proves in time to be equal to the Simx AF in terms of the driving experience and its overall reliability.  Would love to race with one someday but cannot imagine giving up my AF anytime soon.  Good luck to those racers who get one on release as you will surely love it no doubt !
  • The only other Events scheduled for 13.07.2018 is the New York Formula E ePrix or more likely the DTM round at Zandvoort. I think Thomas might have something to show at the DTM race. What do you guys think?