The time has come...

Comments

• because podium series become available in late september. the game in august.
    You are joking...right ?
  • edited July 2018
    because podium series become available in late september. the game in august.
    You are joking...right ?
    Why ?... In 13/7 you have all specs and features and a pre-order .. but the availability is on mid/late September .. this is normal . If you think that 13/7 is the availability .. this is wrong .
    You are joking...right ?
    Why ?... In 13/7 you have all specs and features and a pre-order .. but the availability is on mid/late September .. this is normal . If you think that 13/7 is the availability .. this is wrong .
    Why you say ? Why ?

May 30 th, Fanatec teases Podium will come 'alive' on July 13th, then one and a half month no more info, big silence, huge secret, this while the series were initially announced for the fourth quarter of 2017.
    Fanatec could as well have given all info in stead of a heartbeat teaser / countdown clock.

And now - if your 'info' is true - we would still have to wait until mid/late september to get our hands on .. what.. a DD base ? steering wheel(s) ? shifters ? pedals ?

Maybe this is a business model I don't understand very well, maybe I just ran out of patience, maybe I'm too old for this, take your pick, but I am surely not waiting for several more months  to replace my V2 (something I had in my planning since I first heard from the upcoming Podium series, while I was already gathering info about OSW or other DD systems).
    Adding the possibility that presumable some extra delay will come into play too.
    In that case I will most certainly choose another option.

• edited July 2018
    because podium series become available in late september. the game in august.
    You are joking...right ?
    Why you say ? Why ?

May 30 th, Fanatec teases Podium will come 'alive' on July 13th, then one and a half month no more info, big silence, huge secret, this while the series were initially announced for the fourth quarter of 2017.
    Fanatec could as well have given all info in stead of a heartbeat teaser / countdown clock.

And now - if your 'info' is true - we w Back in 13/7 ould still have to wait until mid/late september to get our hands on .. what.. a DD base ? steering wheel(s) ? shifters ? pedals ?

Maybe this is a business model I don't understand very well, maybe I just ran out of patience, maybe I'm too old for this, take your pick, but I am surely not waiting for several more months  to replace my V2 (something I had in my planning since I first heard from the upcoming Podium series, while I was already gathering info about OSW or other DD systems).
    Adding the possibility that presumable some extra delay will come into play too.
    In that case I will most certainly choose another option.

It’s improbable that 13/7 is the day that podium can be added to the shopping cart and delivered to our home’s. Fanatec do this EVERY TIME ... and podium have even new wheels. don’t expect podium to be AVAILABLE for purchase on 13/7 the hope is for pre-orders only and obviously a complete specs. If you can’t wait buy other bases and when podium is available sell your base and buy a new podium.
  • Guys there are only six days left,calm down.
  • 5 days!
  • Yep, five days AND I live in the future, which really doesn't mean much cos we are always waiting for the slow coaches to catch up anyway. Nice only being 7:30 ahead of Ze Germans. I've got the money hidden away so no one accidentally uses it for the mortgage or silly school fees cos when the D's pop out I wanna be there waving my money and trying to stop myself from groping one. But it has been oh so long and I'm getting even more eager by the second.

Delaying gratification is part of being a calm, sane healthy adult, with calm sane healthy thoughts.
  • I hope the Podium Series has PS4 support. While I may not need it, for the company it would mean extra sales and revenue, some of which could go to r&d etc. and, in the long run, this is good for everyone.

Really looking forward to details at the end of the week!
  • Just realized 7/13 is a Friday, guess you’re not superstitious. Well I doubt this is an actual launch date anyway,
    Superstition brings bad luck
  • 4 days!
  • 3 days!
  • Thomas/ Fanatec can we get time when the DD wheel info will be posted... This way every 1 has a chance to read the info at the same time... I dont want to Miss out if 7/13/18 is the day the wheels will Go on sale. We have No idea what the info is EX:...if you are taking Orders/ Pre Orders or just giving out info about the DD wheel moddels and wheel specs.
  • edited July 2018
    https://podium.fanatec.com/

You have a real time countdown :-)
    Facebook Live stream is set to begin on Friday, 13th July 2018 at 3 PM CET (4 PM in Germany).
  • https://podium.fanatec.com/

Facebook Live stream is set to begin on Friday, 13th August 2018 at 3 PM CET (4 PM in Germany).
    And people that don't have FB account ?

• Thats 10am in NY... I will be at work.... Shalz Bud!!!

Facebook Live stream is set to begin on Friday, 13th August 2018 at 3 PM CET (4 PM in Germany).
    August?  And keep all the info for yourself on Friday ;) 

August?  And keep all the info for yourself on Friday ;) 
    oooops, July of course. :D
  • Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited July 2018
    Facebook livestream is a good idea actually. Facebook will get all of the web traffic, which the Fanatec website would not have been able to handle. You do not have to have an account or be logged in to view the Fanatec Facebook page.
  • Thomas/Fanatec Since this wheel will be in Very High demand will long term customers get a Early Pre Order invite??? I Own 4 Fanatec wheels and 3 sets of Fanatec pedals there should be some perk for long term customer loyalty..... If a Discount is Not possible atleast give us your loyal customers first pre order preference like you did with the v2 when it launched.... I want this wheel :-bd
  • Thomas/Fanatec Since this wheel will be in Very High demand will long term customers get a Early Pre Order invite??? I Own 4 Fanatec wheels and 3 sets of Fanatec pedals there should be some perk for long term customer loyalty..... If a Discount is Not possible atleast give us your loyal customers first pre order preference like you did with the v2 when it launched.... I want this wheel :-bd
    Only four wheels, I have eight, although I only have one set of pedals, also the V2 with shifter + handbrake. I too very much want one of these bases and would be stoked with at the loyalty bonus type thing of first pre-order preference. Like a place held in line so-to-speak.

Fanatec do discounts, that's just a myth, right? 
    edited July 2018
    Thomas of Fanatec, I think new customers should get first pre-order preference since those old customers already have a bunch of wheels, they are just being greedy now. Perhaps the more wheels they already have, the further back in line they should be sent.

Also, does anyone know if the Podium wheelbase will support 3rd party aftermarket horns like these?

• 2 days!
  • edited July 2018
    Although.. I will not be getting the podium base on realease, (but iI will be getting it  <:-P ) I too do think that costumers that had previous purchases should be entitiled to get that pre-invite code.
    Was/is there a reason for not doing this loyalty invite ? And/Or did it not run as expected when Fantaec last did this offer ?  
    :!!
    edited July 2018
    Was/is there a reason for not doing this loyalty invite?
    And/Or did it not run as expected when Fantaec last did this offer?

People were selling the invite codes on Ebay.
  • 1 jour
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    So to give you a little update, there will be a facebook live stream where I will show you the PWB and tell you everything you want to know about it.

In case you have special questions, please let me know here in this thread and I will answer them tomorrow at 16.00 CET
    edited July 2018
    There will be a facebook live stream where  I will show you the PWB  and tell you everything you want to know about it.

Thomas, I thought the new Podium Series would also include new Podium pedals?
  • edited July 2018
    Once available will it work on F1 2018. Hope to go all in on F1 gear. And also how do I get you to donate one for me??? Hahahahaha
  • Dirk ScheuerDirk Scheuer Member
    edited July 2018
    I just want to know if the Podium is compatible with the CSL seat, I'll definitely want one but if I have to rebuild my **** I'm gonna wait a bit :)