The time has come...

1234568»

Comments

• Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited July 2018
    Podium DD1 with 15nm of torque (18nm peak).
  • because podium series become available in late september. the game in august.
    You are joking...right ?
    Why ?... In 13/7 you have all specs and features and a pre-order .. but the availability is on mid/late September .. this is normal . If you think that 13/7 is the availability .. this is wrong .
    Why you say ? Why ?

May 30 th, Fanatec teases Podium will come 'alive' on July 13th, then one and a half month no more info, big silence, huge secret, this while the series were initially announced for the fourth quarter of 2017.
    Fanatec could as well have given all info in stead of a heartbeat teaser / countdown clock.

And now - if your 'info' is true - we w Back in 13/7 ould still have to wait until mid/late september to get our hands on .. what.. a DD base ? steering wheel(s) ? shifters ? pedals ?

Maybe this is a business model I don't understand very well, maybe I just ran out of patience, maybe I'm too old for this, take your pick, but I am surely not waiting for several more months  to replace my V2 (something I had in my planning since I first heard from the upcoming Podium series, while I was already gathering info about OSW or other DD systems).
    Adding the possibility that presumable some extra delay will come into play too.
    In that case I will most certainly choose another option.

It’s improbable that 13/7 is the day that podium can be added to the shopping cart and delivered to our home’s. Fanatec do this EVERY TIME ... and podium have even new wheels. don’t expect podium to be AVAILABLE for purchase on 13/7 the hope is for pre-orders only and obviously a complete specs. If you can’t wait buy other bases and when podium is available sell your base and buy a new podium.

Hey Willy WELS...

i see in the future....

• because podium series become available in late september. the game in august.
    You are joking...right ?
    Why ?... In 13/7 you have all specs and features and a pre-order .. but the availability is on mid/late September .. this is normal . If you think that 13/7 is the availability .. this is wrong .
    Why you say ? Why ?

May 30 th, Fanatec teases Podium will come 'alive' on July 13th, then one and a half month no more info, big silence, huge secret, this while the series were initially announced for the fourth quarter of 2017.
    Fanatec could as well have given all info in stead of a heartbeat teaser / countdown clock.

And now - if your 'info' is true - we w Back in 13/7 ould still have to wait until mid/late september to get our hands on .. what.. a DD base ? steering wheel(s) ? shifters ? pedals ?

Maybe this is a business model I don't understand very well, maybe I just ran out of patience, maybe I'm too old for this, take your pick, but I am surely not waiting for several more months  to replace my V2 (something I had in my planning since I first heard from the upcoming Podium series, while I was already gathering info about OSW or other DD systems).
    Adding the possibility that presumable some extra delay will come into play too.
    In that case I will most certainly choose another option.

It’s improbable that 13/7 is the day that podium can be added to the shopping cart and delivered to our home’s. Fanatec do this EVERY TIME ... and podium have even new wheels. don’t expect podium to be AVAILABLE for purchase on 13/7 the hope is for pre-orders only and obviously a complete specs. If you can’t wait buy other bases and when podium is available sell your base and buy a new podium.

Hey Willy WELS...

i see in the future....

Sadly...yes. 
    Not going to wait another six months (at least).
    OSW it will be... 
  • The additional wait for another 6 months is too Long for me too, I recently tried a Leo Bodnar DD and an OSW with the big MIGE, so the decision was made, the MIGE it will be now.
    I wish Fanatec all the best for the new Podium Series launch and that all customers will get a great product in December.
  • Thomas do you plan Podium Steering Wheels and Pedal sets to be compatabile with the V2.5 series base?
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited July 2018
    Thomas do you plan Podium Steering Wheels and Pedal sets to be compatabile with the V2.5 series base?
    We know the CSPv3 and CSL pedals work with the podium base, it has a whole raft of rj12 jacks on the back. I think we can expect the whole fanatec ecosystem to remain cross compatible. 
  • All those choosing to buy the OSW and Accuforce hope you're getting a 5 year warranty! Just had the cost of the warranty refunded back as all DD wheels now come with a 5 yr warranty. L-)
  • Im not sure if its been discussed but what are the plans for the software and are there any plans to trickle these advancements down to CSW 2.5?

Reason i ask is a lot of what makes OSW wheels work well with software like iracing is quite a lot of interpolation and cleaning / enhancement of the signal. This can be seen with irffb which takes the 360hz signal or 60hz signal and really smooths it out making for a much more realistic rubbery feel to the grip levels. 

I would imagine a lot of this processing is essential for a good DD experience but in irffb it also really improves my CSW 2.5.  irffb is great but i wonder if there is a better way to leverage the firmware and motor drivers on the CSW 2.5 to provide a close to the metal signal clean up with lower latency.

Opinions?
  • Im not sure if its been discussed but what are the plans for the software and are there any plans to trickle these advancements down to CSW 2.5?

Reason i ask is a lot of what makes OSW wheels work well with software like iracing is quite a lot of interpolation and cleaning / enhancement of the signal. This can be seen with irffb which takes the 360hz signal or 60hz signal and really smooths it out making for a much more realistic rubbery feel to the grip levels. 

I would imagine a lot of this processing is essential for a good DD experience but in irffb it also really improves my CSW 2.5.  irffb is great but i wonder if there is a better way to leverage the firmware and motor drivers on the CSW 2.5 to provide a close to the metal signal clean up with lower latency.

Opinions?
    This is a very good question, I love to assume that Fanatec's RnD have dissected irffb and have some way implented/carried over thier train of thought to Fanatecs own software, so that all the Fanatecs wheels base tiers can have the fidelity that irffb offer.
    It wouldnt really make sense not to.... well heres hoping ahy 
    :)]
  • I want to start to get promoted on Instagram. First, I am offered to work with my account, add to my page different photos from different spheres of life. It is said that programs and services for ig auto comment on your scheduled posts are need to be used. Any ideas whom I may contact? I would appreciate your help. Maybe among us there are professionals who can promote my profile?
    Wtf?