Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• leon liu said:
    where is DD power button? where is "a single button"?

i cannot find it on front ; 
    It's the white button on the back.
  • I state that I am new in the world of Fanatec and yesterday to my pre-order of the DD2 I did not inquire about one thing:
    I have two custom steering wheels with their own USB cable, do I have to use the existing universal hub or what will come out to use them?
    Sorry I don't understand English well and I have to use the automatic translator and you all know how it works, I would like to know here how it actually works, thanks
  • at 3.5 min you can see the power supply. It's similar to the CSL I think.

Nope, I've seen it at the expo and other event. It's much bigger in size. Dunno the exact dimensions.
  • Hello,
    Is Table clamp V2 is compatible with fanatec Direct drive ?

Thank you.
  • Hello everyone, just wanted to see if any one knows of a way to use the Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals with the PS4 dd wheel with consoles because going back to the Fanatec V3s is going to be a huge downgrade, an adapter on just a hardware hack would be great. I once read that someone was doing that but now I can’t find that post not even with google
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited March 2019
    Hello everyone, just wanted to see if any one knows of a way to use the Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals with the PS4 dd wheel with consoles because going back to the Fanatec V3s is going to be a huge downgrade, an adapter on just a hardware hack would be great. I once read that someone was doing that but now I can’t find that post not even with google
    DriveHub has support for Heusinkveld Sim Pedals(beta) but to be completely sure this will work ask @Podger here:

• Hello everyone, just wanted to see if any one knows of a way to use the Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals with the PS4 dd wheel with consoles because going back to the Fanatec V3s is going to be a huge downgrade, an adapter on just a hardware hack would be great. I once read that someone was doing that but now I can’t find that post not even with google
    DriveHub has support for Heusinkveld Sim Pedals(beta) but to be completely sure this will work ask @Podger here:

Thank you very much, I will look into it as soon as possible
  • Does DD1 or DD2 power supply input range is 100-240v AC ?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    got my DD for PS4 ordered and started to think about my mounting options.  Can someone from Fanatec opine on on whether the 3 bottom mounting points are totally sufficient without the need for any side bracing?  Thanks in advance.
    I have used various development units on my personal rig for several months, fitted using the three bottom-mount screws. This mounting option is very solid. The side mounts are theoretically better, because:

- you use four screws instead of three (although there are actually five holes on the bottom)
    - they use M8 instead of M6 screws
    - they are more evenly balanced across the steering axis
    - side mounting allows for more clearance below the base (can be significant in tight cockpits)

If you had the option for mounting it by the bottom or by the sides, I would go with the sides. It looks cooler too... but really the bottom mount is fine. The rigidity of the rig itself is more important, as this really does make a difference to the force feedback.

The base checks for the key on each startup, and you have to accept the warning message displayed on the OLED (a single button press).
    Oh really? Even if it's just a single button press, but that would be definitively an annoying thing for me. Like the health warning in a VR headset.
    I hope there will be an option to turn this safety warning off. At least as a hidden option.
    Noted.

I state that I am new in the world of Fanatec and yesterday to my pre-order of the DD2 I did not inquire about one thing:
    I have two custom steering wheels with their own USB cable, do I have to use the existing universal hub or what will come out to use them?
    Sorry I don't understand English well and I have to use the automatic translator and you all know how it works, I would like to know here how it actually works, thanks
    Welcome Marco! If you would like to use custom steering wheels, then the current solution is indeed to use the ClubSport Universal Hub. We also have a Podium Wheel Adapter in development that is a higher spec solution (and not quite the same as a Universal Hub due to its modularity). This was shown as part of the Porsche 911 GT3 R steering wheel at the SimRacing Expo 2018. In any case, unfortunately you will have to keep using the separate USB cable for data and power for custom wheels. Only our wheels will work with the wireless power/data solution within the motor/quick release for cable-free hot-swapping.

Hello,

Thank you.
    Yes. It was not designed for this base, but we have tested it with good results. Bear in mind that due to the length of the base, the angle options are limited. And please consider that you need a very solid table or surface. The Podium bases are much heavier than the ClubSport bases and much more powerful. I strongly recommend using a dedicated sim rig to get the most performance from the Podium Series direct drive systems.

Does DD1 or DD2 power supply input range is 100-240v AC ?
    Yes, 100-240V AC 50/60Hz.
  • Hi there, any news regarding the Podium Paddle Upgrade? Will these ship aswell by the end of april?
  • I have used various development units on my personal rig for several months, fitted using the three bottom-mount screws. This mounting option is very solid. The side mounts are theoretically better.

If you had the option for mounting it by the bottom or by the sides, I would go with the sides. 
    Hi Dominic,

I would like also to go for side mounts on my profile rig.
    I don't see any screws in the description package.... 20mm length M8 screws will be ok?
    Do we need also some spacers? (It seems there will be a gap between angle bracket and base on the side)
    I think I'll fix the podium like this: 
  • got my DD for PS4 ordered and started to think about my mounting options.  Can someone from Fanatec opine on on whether the 3 bottom mounting points are totally sufficient without the need for any side bracing?  Thanks in advance.
    I have used various development units on my personal rig for several months, fitted using the three bottom-mount screws. This mounting option is very solid. The side mounts are theoretically better, because:

- you use four screws instead of three (although there are actually five holes on the bottom)
    - they use M8 instead of M6 screws
    - they are more evenly balanced across the steering axis
    - side mounting allows for more clearance below the base (can be significant in tight cockpits)

If you had the option for mounting it by the bottom or by the sides, I would go with the sides. It looks cooler too... but really the bottom mount is fine. The rigidity of the rig itself is more important, as this really does make a difference to the force feedback.

The base checks for the key on each startup, and you have to accept the warning message displayed on the OLED (a single button press).
    Oh really? Even if it's just a single button press, but that would be definitively an annoying thing for me. Like the health warning in a VR headset.
    I hope there will be an option to turn this safety warning off. At least as a hidden option.
    Noted.

I state that I am new in the world of Fanatec and yesterday to my pre-order of the DD2 I did not inquire about one thing:
    Welcome Marco! If you would like to use custom steering wheels, then the current solution is indeed to use the ClubSport Universal Hub. We also have a Podium Wheel Adapter in development that is a higher spec solution (and not quite the same as a Universal Hub due to its modularity). This was shown as part of the Porsche 911 GT3 R steering wheel at the SimRacing Expo 2018. In any case, unfortunately you will have to keep using the separate USB cable for data and power for custom wheels. Only our wheels will work with the wireless power/data solution within the motor/quick release for cable-free hot-swapping.

Hello,

Thank you.
    Yes. It was not designed for this base, but we have tested it with good results. Bear in mind that due to the length of the base, the angle options are limited. And please consider that you need a very solid table or surface. The Podium bases are much heavier than the ClubSport bases and much more powerful. I strongly recommend using a dedicated sim rig to get the most performance from the Podium Series direct drive systems.

Does DD1 or DD2 power supply input range is 100-240v AC ?
    Yes, 100-240V AC 50/60Hz.

Hi Dominic You managed to answer everyone’s questions apart from mine. You mention about the side mounts being better to use, will Fanatec be selling the side mounting kit and will be available on launch of the DD? Also you mentioned you have been using your test rig for a few months, how big is the power supply and how long is the power lead, a rough estimate will do and I won’t hold you countable if the dimensions change ;) I don’t think my questions are too difficult to answer, if you can’t want to answer just say so rather than ignoring my question. Thanks
  • Marco CervoMarco Cervo Member
    edited March 2019

edited March 2019

• This is one of my 2 wheels and I will always use them on USB, I don't understand why I can't just add your quick release and use it easily, your electronics and mechanics are not touched without risk of losing the warranty.
    edited March 2019
    Hi there, any news regarding the Podium Paddle Upgrade? Will these ship aswell by the end of april?
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheel-accessories/podium-advanced-paddles-module-eu.html 
  • Hi there, any news regarding the Podium Paddle Upgrade? Will these ship aswell by the end of april?
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheel-accessories/podium-advanced-paddles-module-eu.html 
    Hi Marco,

thank you, but I preordered them Day one. I just want to know if they will ship as planned as the DDs do now. :)
  • edited March 2019

Oh, yeah, I definitely want to go along with Frank's reasoning. All Sky tv users know that there is nothing worse than an unnecessarily recurring safety query to cloud the enjoyment.

@Dominic, since I myself also use so-called Custum Wheels, it would be interesting to learn something about the release date of the new Podium Wheel Adapter.
    Also for the users of your Fanatec Rig it would not be unimportant to know something about the side mounting possibilities of the DD Base shown at the Expo.

greetings to the team
    Frank

Thank you very much, I will look into it as soon as possible

There’s a device called GIMX that might work too, you plug your devices into a PC then the GIMX cable+dongle from PC to console and allows multiple PC devices to work on XBOX One and PS4.
  • I preordered DD1 in last month also I want to add the "podium advanced paddle module". May I modify my order & ship with the DD1 ? If yes what should I do? Thank you
    Hi there, any news regarding the Podium Paddle Upgrade? Will these ship aswell by the end of april?
    Yes that is the plan.

I have used various development units on my personal rig for several months, fitted using the three bottom-mount screws. This mounting option is very solid. The side mounts are theoretically better.

If you had the option for mounting it by the bottom or by the sides, I would go with the sides. 
    Hi Dominic,

I would like also to go for side mounts on my profile rig.
    I don't see any screws in the description package.... 20mm length M8 screws will be ok?
    Do we need also some spacers? (It seems there will be a gap between angle bracket and base on the side)
    20mm should be fine, but I wouldn't go any deeper than that. The washer in your picture looks like it would be a good enough spacer.

Hi Dominic You managed to answer everyone’s questions apart from mine. You mention about the side mounts being better to use, will Fanatec be selling the side mounting kit and will be available on launch of the DD? Also you mentioned you have been using your test rig for a few months, how big is the power supply and how long is the power lead, a rough estimate will do and I won’t hold you countable if the dimensions change ;) I don’t think my questions are too difficult to answer, if you can’t want to answer just say so rather than ignoring my question. Thanks
    Hi Baj, my apologies, I wasn't ignoring you, I just somehow missed your question. The power cable length is approx. 1.5m from wall to power supply, and another 1.5m from power supply to wheel base. And yes, the plan is to offer the Podium Mounting Brackets at launch.

This is one of my 2 wheels and I will always use them on USB, I don't understand why I can't just add your quick release and use it easily, your electronics and mechanics are not touched without risk of losing the warranty.
    Fanatec wheel bases (CSL, ClubSport, and Podium) do not work unless a Fanatec steering wheel is attached to the quick release. This why either a ClubSport Universal Hub or Podium Wheel Adapter (+ CS QRA) must be used in order to activate the base. If you have multiple custom USB wheels and want to use an aftermarket quick release, this is still possible. You could leave a ClubSport Universal Hub or Podium Wheel Adapter (+ CS QRA) attached to the base 'permanently' and then use an aftermarket base-side QR on the front. That way you could put a wheel-side QR on the back of your wheels and attach them that way (and only have to purchase one ClubSport Universal Hub or Podium Wheel Adapter + CS QRA.)

Oh, yeah, I definitely want to go along with Frank's reasoning. All Sky tv users know that there is nothing worse than an unnecessarily recurring safety query to cloud the enjoyment.

@Dominic, since I myself also use so-called Custum Wheels, it would be interesting to learn something about the release date of the new Podium Wheel Adapter.
    Also for the users of your Fanatec Rig it would not be unimportant to know something about the side mounting possibilities of the DD Base shown at the Expo.

greetings to the team
    Frank
    Understood, thanks for your feedback Frank.

I preordered DD1 in last month also I want to add the "podium advanced paddle module". May I modify my order & ship with the DD1 ? If yes what should I do? Thank you
     Please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.
  • Baj DhaddaBaj Dhadda Member
    edited March 2019
    @Dominic Brennan What’s the physical size of the power supply? When can we buy the side mount kit? I’ll keep asking the same question until I get a reasonable answer or please tell me who I need to contact to get the answer.
  • Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited March 2019
    @Dominic Brennan What’s the physical size of the power supply? When can we buy the side mount kit? I’ll keep asking the same question until I get a reasonable answer or please tell me who I need to contact to get the answer.
    He answered most of your questions above dude!
  • @Dominic Brennan What’s the physical size of the power supply? When can we buy the side mount kit? I’ll keep asking the same question until I get a reasonable answer or please tell me who I need to contact to get the answer.

Sorry I missed the part about the side brackets, but the main question I wanted answering was not answered which was what’s the physical size of the power supply. It’s such a simple question I don’t know why it keeps getting missed. Anyway I guess I’ll just have to wait to find out.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Great to see all the coverage of Fanatec and Podium series during the 12hrs of Sebring event. Nice opening video Congrats :)
  • It looks to me that the podium buttonplate and accessories will become available when the first batch of DD's are shipped, but when will it be put on the homepage for people to preorder, as I missed out on the first batch of DD's because it was sold out, and I don't want to risk the second batch to get sold out as well before I preorder, just want the podium buttonplate and the podium wheeladapter to be available for preorder aswell to make one preorder instead of two.......
  • It looks to me that the podium buttonplate and accessories will become available when the first batch of DD's are shipped, but when will it be put on the homepage for people to preorder, as I missed out on the first batch of DD's because it was sold out, and I don't want to risk the second batch to get sold out as well before I preorder, just want the podium buttonplate and the podium wheeladapter to be available for preorder aswell to make one preorder instead of two.......
    Nobody from Fanatec ever said that the Button Plate and Podium Adapter will be released together with the DD Bases and I honestly highly doubt that this will be the case. Only confirmed Podium products which will launch next month are the 3 DD Bases, the Killswitch and the Advanced Paddle Shifter Module.
    Nobody from Fanatec ever said that the Button Plate and Podium Adapter will be released together with the DD Bases and I honestly highly doubt that this will be the case. Only confirmed Podium products which will launch next month are the 3 DD Bases, the Killswitch and the Advanced Paddle Shifter Module.
    ahh gues I misread something somewhere then.....
  • About a month from the delivery date , why still lack of informations or images ? Such as Killswitch , torque key , power supply etc.

Sorry I missed the part about the side brackets, but the main question I wanted answering was not answered which was what’s the physical size of the power supply. It’s such a simple question I don’t know why it keeps getting missed. Anyway I guess I’ll just have to wait to find out.
    It's approximately 26 x 11 x 6 cm.

Great to see all the coverage of Fanatec and Podium series during the 12hrs of Sebring event. Nice opening video Congrats :)
    Thanks Joseph!

About a month from the delivery date , why still lack of informations or images ? Such as Killswitch , torque key , power supply etc.
    The Podium Kill Switch product page will go live soon. It is unlikely that the Torque Key or power supply will have images on the site.