Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• Luna LLuna L Member
    I would like to upgrade my CSL Elite Wheelbase for PS4 to the Podium Wheelbase for PS4 but I'm using it on a customized WheelstandPro.
    I understand the torque of the Podium wheelbase is too high but if I set the force-feedback at about 40% or so it should be around as much torque as my CSL Elite base has.

Will that work and what setting exactly do I need to change to reduce the torque?
    Also, how do I make sure the game setting are not overriding the torque settings?
  • Hi Guys,

never noticed this before but i took a look at the podium advanced paddle module at the website and saw they also come with large paddles.
    What is the reason people getting the PS4 podium (with the rim included) only get the small paddles?

• Hi Guys,

never noticed this before but i took a look at the podium advanced paddle module at the website and saw they also come with large paddles.
    What is the reason people getting the PS4 podium (with the rim included) only get the small paddles?

Because you did not bought the Advanced Paddle Module but you got it included in the F1 Ps4 package and only the F1 style paddle shifters are neccessary for that wheel, therefore only that paddle shifters are included. For the bigger GT Style paddle shifters you need to buy the standalone APM.
  • edited July 2019
    I would like to upgrade my CSL Elite Wheelbase for PS4 to the Podium Wheelbase for PS4 but I'm using it on a customized WheelstandPro.
    I understand the torque of the Podium wheelbase is too high but if I set the force-feedback at about 40% or so it should be around as much torque as my CSL Elite base has.

Will that work and what setting exactly do I need to change to reduce the torque?
    Also, how do I make sure the game setting are not overriding the torque settings?
    I had a belt drive wheel on my Next Level wheel stand and when I put the Podium DD1 on it it started to leap into the air. The difference is the extra weight (~30 lbs) of the DD wheel. I am disabled due to injuries and can't use much FFB and even I had to switch to a  rig that I sit on (80/20 JCL Seat) in order to keep it planted on the ground. The extra weight also caused way too much flex as the tubular steel would twist and the mounting plate would bend.
  • Just waiting on my pedals :)image
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    I had a belt drive wheel on my Next Level wheel stand and when I put the Podium DD1 on it it started to leap into the air. The difference is the extra weight (~30 lbs) of the DD wheel. I am disabled due to injuries and can't use much FFB and even I had to switch to a  rig that I sit on (80/20 JCL Seat) in order to keep it planted on the ground. The extra weight also caused way too much flex as the tubular steel would twist and the mounting plate would bend.
    Thank you for the clear answer, I didn't expect it to be that bad.
    Would have loved to use a DD1 but I'm not prepared to use a full seat setup as I very much like the comfortable 1-seat couch I'm using now with my WSP and I use it for other gaming than racing as well.
  • I have bought the DD1, F1 Wheel V2 and the V3 pedals. I read something that idon't have to install the driver for the V3 pedals if you have already run the driver of the F1 rim. Is this correct and can anyone tell me if it matters wich driver first to install? The DD1 Driver and then the F1 wheel driver and then it's good to go?

• I have bought the DD1, F1 Wheel V2 and the V3 pedals. I read something that idon't have to install the driver for the V3 pedals if you have already run the driver of the F1 rim. Is this correct and can anyone tell me if it matters wich driver first to install? The DD1 Driver and then the F1 wheel driver and then it's good to go?

There is only ONE driver for ALL devices. Just install the one with the highest number (335 official or 340 beta) and you have everything you need for all devices.
  • Thx, also for the quick response!

• https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/904/fanatec-dd1-different-ffb-sometimes#latest 

If someone at fanatec can look at this thread i would be apreciated.
  • edited July 2019
    @other DD users? Does the fan of the power supply keep running even if you turn off your wheel? does it supposed to be running...?
    Mine too, which seems senseless and is a bit annoying. Never before I had a product with running fan when not in use. Any thoughts from Fanatec on this subject or did I again misread/overlook some old statement? I couldn't find old postings on this topic because searching for "FAN" in a FANatec-forum isn't really productive... :-B
    Same here! I'm wondering if it's supposed to act that way. I have to unplug the power cord from the wall socket to stop it.
  • software?
  • lee said:
    software?
    Lee, he uses, irfbb.. if that's any good to yah, but I'd rather wait for the official software, imo
  • Hello. Does anyone here know why I get sudden jolts in RaceRoom with the DD2? I've had it on straightaways where the wheel almost rips out of my hands (rarely), and it's happened during collisions where it spins right out of my grip. I've had collisions as low as 5% in FFB and it's still happened. Any ideas what it could be? I've used the recommended settings on these forums and even lowered some ffb but it still occurs. Any ideas what it could be?
  • I was having a little issue with my wheel base last night. I was running a practice session and had to back out to join the actual race. So when I loaded up and was in the car (Iracing) my wheel base was on and everything seemed correct I go to take off and the wheel in game stays straight and there is alot more force to the wheel than normal. I  was only able to turn it 180 deg before it would rotate back to center. 

The first thing I did was jump into the Fanatec profile. I could see the wheel base but was not able to click on it to open up. I rebooted my computer 2 separate times. Turned off the wheel base multiple times. I pretty much did everything I could think off the see if maybe it was a simple fix and everything would go back to normal. Plus I was in a hurry cause I was going to miss the race (which I did miss it). What was really weird was if I ran low torque it was really notchy. I have no idea why. Kinda hard to explain the feeling.

After all the frustration, I decided I was just going to remove and reinstall the drivers. And of coarse I loose all my settings because we still don't have Fanatec Podium software. Which is a little frustrating but I can deal with it because the wheelbase is pretty amazing by itself. So to get back to my issue. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue where you just loose what I think is the driver. Its weird because I could see it in the profile but wasn't able to click on it to open up. The force in the wheel would only allow you turn it 180 deg before it was extremely hard to turn. Why or how could it loose its drivers by itself. The wheel had constant force. Even with no sim running.

I ended up removing and reinstalling the drivers again. I'm hoping this fixed the issue and will be able to get everything working properly again. I immediately could tell that the constant force on the wheel was gone without the sim started. I didn't load up this sim to try it in game, because it was getting late. Please if anyone has had this issue or can give any advice on what it could be please let me know. Thank you!
  • DD2 Stopped working after 5-10 minutes of using

Just received my DD2 and installed it according to manual. Test drove for ~5 mins and modified settings on wheel to better fit game parameters. Went to continue game and DD2 disconnected, lost all firmware (managed to briefly open controller software to see firmware was erased) and then the DD2 shutdown. Since then no longer powers up at all and it is completely dead.

Any thoughts besides sending it back and exchanging for a new one?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hello. Does anyone here know why I get sudden jolts in RaceRoom with the DD2? I've had it on straightaways where the wheel almost rips out of my hands (rarely), and it's happened during collisions where it spins right out of my grip. I've had collisions as low as 5% in FFB and it's still happened. Any ideas what it could be? I've used the recommended settings on these forums and even lowered some ffb but it still occurs. Any ideas what it could be?
    Hi Michael, could you tell me what car/track combo you were using, or is it something that happens with every car and track?

@Anthony - there could be a number of explanations for the unusual behaviour you described. I recommend that you contact our support team.

@Nichlolas - I also recommend that you contact our support team.
  • How far out is the software now. 

Based on Thomas's last comments it seems like it should be soonish.  Was the expected progress made, or is the schedule still in flux?
  • How far out is the software now. 

Based on Thomas's last comments it seems like it should be soonish.  Was the expected progress made, or is the schedule still in flux?
    Soonish was like 3 months back, according to Thomas... so it'll be here when it is, thats how i look at it now 
  • My DD2 is not recognizing any wheel since 2 days (stopped working mid-race). It's like no power goes to the wheel. Anyone ever experienced something similar?
  • Wait a year now for the DD stage problems to decrease.
    As soon as the problems are solved and there is original software for the Podium series, I will purchase the DD2.
  • the wait for this software is getting ridiculous now
  • any news about the software?
    I'm waiting for that to diced what DD wheel base i will go with
  • I own the DD!, F1 2019 and the 918.  I use the dielectric grease on the DD! shaft.  I notice that without using the  locking ring the F1 has play but the 918 does not.  This is surprising with the leverage gained with the 918.  

I've found that after use the shaft of the DD! has black residue that can work its way up to the top rim of the shaft.  Is this the rubber ring wearing?  Can the rubber ring be replaced if it is indeed wearing?  Does the rubber in the rubber ring contain and conductive material?
  • edited August 2019
    any news about the software?
    IMO Proper in game settings with adjusted on wheel settings to taste the Games that have been updated and Native DD2 support Feel Great as Is... ACC, AC, AMS, RRE etc... The Tuning Software will be Most beneficial for Games Like Pcars2 that don't have Native Fanatec DD support... But Even in the case of Pcars2 it feels as Good as it can Feel using v2.5 compat mode... No Need to wait Fanatec DD2 is Great so I the same should apply for the DD1.... Tuning Software is a Big Deal with OSW wheels because they do Not have Native Support in Most games... therefore OSW FFB Must Be tweeked and tuned with the tuning software Per Game because the Game has No per programmed Info or Basic Settings on how to relate the strength of Bumps, Curbs and Road feel to the device.
    IMO Proper in game settings with adjusted on wheel settings to taste the Games that have been updated and Native DD2 support Feel Great as Is... ACC, AC, AMS, RRE etc... The Tuning Software will be Most beneficial for Games Like Pcars2 that don't have Native Fanatec DD support... But Even in the case of Pcars2 it feels as Good as it can Feel using v2.5 compat mode... No Need to wait Fanatec DD2 is Great so I the same should apply for the DD1.... Tuning Software is a Big Deal with OSW wheels because they do Not have Native Support in Most games... therefore OSW FFB Must Be tweeked and tuned with the tuning software Per Game because the Game has No per programmed Info or Basic Settings on how to relate the strength of Bumps, Curbs and Road feel to the device.

So you mean that the software is just a tool to make it easy to configuret, fine tune the FFB?
    I'm between fanatec and simucube 2 pro. but i don't know witch one to go for.
    once fanatec dosen't have a software.
    and simucube dosen't have any wheel.

I wanna have something that is time prof.

So you mean that the software is just a tool to make it easy to configuret, fine tune the FFB?

The software will come eventually, I can't recall anything other than time being an issue regarding promises on any upcoming product Fanatec have ever produced. They want to make it right so people don't complain about it I guess.

The software will be useful to me mainly (if not solely) for having more than 5 profiles and trying to remember which profile is which car/sim/game. I can't think of anything else that I can't currently tweak on the wheel that will be in the software that isn't in-game or already tweakable other than finer adjustments instead of some of the parameters being in increments of 10.

IMO Fanatec DD is the way to Go... Bottom Line... The Software is just a Tool to Tweek and Fine tune FFB to taste... the Soft ware will be beneficial when it come out but IMO will have the Biggest impact with Games that Dont have Native Fanatec DD support....Ex: Pcars 2 will work with the DD2 in PC mode but it feels Blagh... Put the DD2 in v2.5 mode and Pcars2 feels Much better because of the Emulated Native support.

• I understand what you mean.
    And about witch wheel to go. 
    you think that the dd1 is enough to have?
    or the dd2 is worth the extra money?
  • Definitely enough. But, tbh, the dd2 doesn't cost that much more. Warranty and the Power switch is standard there.