Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• DD2 all the way... as mentioned in above comment when you add Kill Switch and Extra warranty time the DD2 comes with its a No brainer as to whats the better deal as long as you have the extra $$$... DD2 You get it all for No extra cost.
  • That is the thing, i do not own any fantec wheel so i would need to expand the extra money on a wheel aswell.
    i have go the podium ps4 version because of the podium addon in the wheel.
    it should arrive on wenesday
    :) i will see how it will works for me. :)
  • You Will Be Happy with it...Congrats
  • The dd2 has been in use for two weeks now. Very satisfied with the unit.

Unfortunately, the first failure this afternoon. At position 6 in Iracing (Dallara F3) failure of the shifters. Stuck in 4th gear. Car stopped and reset the dd2 and shifters worked again. Finish in place 9. Could be worse.

Yesterday the Podium Advanced Paddle Module mounted on the formula wheel V2. Could this be it?

No problems in two other races

No problem so far with the original shifters.

The gold-colored paddles are not supported in Iracing. Visible in the Fanate properties and give results, but in Iracing they do nothing. Am I missing something?

The feel of the Podium Advanced Paddle Module is great.
  • Boys, I have a question, Today i got my dd1, now when i trying to update the firmeware. it when is in pc mode.
    i got a mesage like that.

There is a problem setting up the wheel control panel. Please reconnect the device and try again.

I did that. but it dosent work.

Then i tried to change the mod for the old mode for old games.

then i can go in the control painel.

but when i try to update the firmaware.
    it dosent work.

it says that the wheel. and the wheel base already have the lastest firmaware.

• Do NOT try to update the firmware when you are in Compatibility mode.
    Try another USB port, reinstall the driver and see if you can enter the Control Panel in PC mode.
  • Do NOT try to update the firmware when you are in Compatibility mode.
    Try another USB port, reinstall the driver and see if you can enter the Control Panel in PC mode.
    I have uninstall the driver. clean the registers of windows. restart the pc.
    install everything again.
    and nothing.

But i haven't tried whit another usb port.

I will do it now.

And another thing.

on iracing. when i turn left my car go right, and when i turn right my car go left.

on formula 1 2019.

it feels almost like i have a delay in the turn. Like when i turn in real life feels like my car dosent turn in the same time in the game.

Really strange.

• Well, for the iRacing issue that's a calibration issue within iRacing. You need to turn the wheel 90° to the left when the calibration windows asks you. Obviously you did it the other way, therefore when you turn left the car turns right.
  • I have changed the usb like you have said, and it works to update. 
    But still saying that my firmware is more recently then the one in the drive program.

Strange Because i haven't done any update.

• Well, for the iRacing issue that's a calibration issue within iRacing. You need to turn the wheel 90° to the left when the calibration windows asks you. Obviously you did it the other way, therefore when you turn left the car turns right.

Problably you are right about it. I will try it tomorrow :)
    You was right about it.
    but i still can't update the firmaware. 

what version of firmaware is out now?

• Is Fanatec planning to release the Podium Base for PS4 without a racing wheel? I really have no need for that wheel, I never even used the wheel that came with my CSL Elite wheel base as I use my Fanatec setup on PC and Xbox as well as PS4
  • That’s a shame as they did it for the PS4 CSL Elite base a few months after I got mine. Not really interested in paying 400 more for a wheel I’m never going to use and has no resale value as well.
  • You can try to sell it. It should have a regular comparison price of 540€ and because you can't buy it seperately you can also add some value on top so I think you can easily get 600€ for it.
  • Who would buy it? Podium PS4 base users have it, DD1 and DD2 users don’t need it as their base isn’t PS4 compatible? Maybe some CSL Elite PS4 base owners? But that would make it more expensive than their base.
  • Everyone can buy it. It's compatible with EVERY wheel base, not just PS4 Base owners. Market is huge.
  • Hmm, so the steering wheel itself isn't intended to be PS4 specific, ok, that broadens the market indeed, thanks!
    The price for that wheel is pretty steep compared to the Formula V2 at 369 though. Is that mainly because of its exclusivity?

But how sure are you they won't release a base without it like they did with the CSL PS4 base?
    Has that been communicated/posted by Fanatec somewhere? Or do you work for Fanatec?

• The blue Wheel comes with the 180€ expensive Podium Advanced Paddle Module which brings it to 550€. Then add some money for exclusivity and you can easily get 600€ for it. And I don't know for sure, but they said several times more than clear that there are no plans to sell either the Base or the wheel as standalone.
  • Ok, thanks Maurice, might make the move from CSL to Podium then.
    That and moving from a WheelStand Pro to a Simetik rig.
  • edited August 2019
    _
  • Hello,
    Without doing it on purpose, my child twisted the USB cable at the base, it twisted the cable over the inside of the base at the socket!
    I know this does not fit in the warranty, but I want it repaired!
    What should I do, because my base is not recognized, and there is a false contact now!
    Waiting for your answer, I'm really sorry!
    Thank you
    I created a ticket on the technical support
  • hello, after installing FAnatec driver v345 my DD2 now feels really notchy over the smooth sensation it used to to be when turning the wheel...

Has something changed before I revert back to the older driver?
  • after stopping the base how to turn off the fan from the fanatec power supply dd1 ... it does not stop ...
  • What is the filter that make the dd1 more soft? to turn.
    I'm playing racing i thinking that my wheel is too hard to turn. is harder then a car whitout power steering

It would be nice if someone make a small tutorial. about what each filter does.

• hello, after installing FAnatec driver v345 my DD2 now feels really notchy over the smooth sensation it used to to be when turning the wheel...

Has something changed before I revert back to the older driver?

Same thing for me.  Noticed it on the Audi TCR yesterday versus friday night without the software and drivers installed.  

• The blue Wheel comes with the 180€ expensive Podium Advanced Paddle Module which brings it to 550€. Then add some money for exclusivity and you can easily get 600€ for it. And I don't know for sure, but they said several times more than clear that there are no plans to sell either the Base or the wheel as standalone.
    Made the move to a Simetik rig, very sturdy!

So I'll be selling the Podium Steering Wheel F1 for 400€, link below.

• I have with direct drive small irregular vibrations in the steering wheel even when I'm not driving.
    What's this?
  • I have with direct drive small irregular vibrations in the steering wheel even when I'm not driving.
    What's this?
    Anti-Cogging Algorithms.
  • is this out when im driving or always on?