Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• Its always on. I can feel it. Is it programmable so that it is barely noticeable?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

after stopping the base how to turn off the fan from the fanatec power supply dd1 ... it does not stop ...
    This depends on how long (and how heavily) the power supply was used, as well as the airflow in the room. Please contact support if you have concerns about the PSU.

Its always on. I can feel it. Is it programmable so that it is barely noticeable?
    This is an inherent characteristic of the motor (it's not unique to this motor, other DD solutions also exhibit this behaviour) and is not considered to be a problem.

• Wenn die DD Base angeschaltet ist und man ohne zu spielen hin und her lenkt, ist diese feine Rasterung die man spürt normal?

• Wenn die DD Base angeschaltet ist und man ohne zu spielen hin und her lenkt, ist diese feine Rasterung die man spürt normal?
    Yes.
  • I have a really hard time putting on the BMW wheel on the DD2 wheelbase - it's extremely tight. Even harder to take it off, to the point of me struggling for a long time afraid to damage the wheel or the base! Not an issue with the Formula V2 wheel on the same DD2 wheelbase.

Is this normal? Should I just put some more grease, or is something actually wrong with the Wheel or compatibility?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Completely normal. It is a tight fit however I applied a very small amount of silicone lube to the rubber which makes it easier to get on/off.
  • Dear
    I received my base DD1 PS4 and it did not work, does not appear in the device manager in Fanatec software, even testing on several PC / PS4 and Notebooks. Already performed the update of FW as sent the manual and also as requested by fanatec. Then on the fw update page I get the Motor FW in version 0 (Zero) and won't let me update. Another point is that even with the rim attached to the base does not recognize the rim.
    Please, see the attachments
  • I used grease silocone from amazon and now its quick release xD. I had some noises coming from the QR and also gone after aplying this. Remember only to use a small amount.
  • Dear
    I received my base DD1 PS4 and it did not work, does not appear in the device manager in Fanatec software, even testing on several PC / PS4 and Notebooks. Already performed the update of FW as sent the manual and also as requested by fanatec. Then on the fw update page I get the Motor FW in version 0 (Zero) and won't let me update. Another point is that even with the rim attached to the base does not recognize the rim.
    Please, see the attachments
    Did you Restart the PC???... Also Delete the Driver if you are using DR 347 it is Not working correctly!!! Download and Install Dr 346 it works 100% Then Retry the same steps and post what happens.
  • The fanatec team has been send me a link to the driver 346. I already update the base fw, but when i will update the motor fw the window is close.
  • I have a problem. Im trying to make a ticket but when i put my SN cant let me advance.

I updated some days ago to the latest driver, but i think it happened to me before but less.

At least once or two in a day, when im doing some iracing games in a straigh (nothing on the road , not bumps or anything) i feel a knock inside the motor and scare the **** of me because i dont expect it. it doesnt move my wheel but something inside the motor and then i feel the FF slighty diferent.

Did anyone experience this in iracing¿ shoud i be worried? Cant make a ticket it doesnt recognice my SN

thanks
  • hello, after installing FAnatec driver v345 my DD2 now feels really notchy over the smooth sensation it used to to be when turning the wheel...

Has something changed before I revert back to the older driver?

Same for me

• Hi all,
    There are several me I buy the DD1 Ps4. Today I sold my console to switch to the computer. Is it going to have a difference compared to DD1 "Normal"?
    Hi all,
    There are several me I buy the DD1 Ps4. Today I sold my console to switch to the computer. Is it going to have a difference compared to DD1 "Normal"?
    Hi Raphael,

The DD1 PS4 has identical performance to the normal DD1.
  • Seems there is no interest for the F1 wheel that comes with the Podium PS4 set.
    I'll have to wait until Fanatec releases the Podium base separately, until then my CSL Elite PS4 will do.
    Hopefully something for Black Friday or the coming holidays.
  • Sorry for reposting this here but seems to me that the Thread regarding Barry's Review that triggered the issue with Play in the Fanatec QR is buried down there and noone will notice it. ;I was planning to buy the Podium QR and... seems to me that this "play" observed on this video is too much for me to handle, i was lucky on my porsche Rim and Mclaren ( with Clubsport QR ) since i have very little to no play at all...nevertheless seeing this video worries me for future purchases...

• edited October 2019
    Sorry for reposting this here but seems to me that the Thread regarding Barry's Review that triggered the issue with Play in the Fanatec QR is buried down there and noone will notice it. ;I was planning to buy the Podium QR and... seems to me that this "play" observed on this video is too much for me to handle, i was lucky on my porsche Rim and Mclaren ( with Clubsport QR ) since i have very little to no play at all...nevertheless seeing this video worries me for future purchases...

Tommy and his RnD team have to fix this no argument, and the only way to do it imo. is to design and make a whoie new QR system that is expected of the podium tier models. 

Thus saying this, which should be and optional upgrade, to buy weather you feel your in need of a more stable QR system or not.And I mean a whole NEW system wheel end and base end,

Most people have around TWO wheel rims, so to sell and package wheel end QR and base end, as one, Then to be able to purchase any other  wheel end QR at an additional price

But that option should be out there.. as the current QR systems does work, although not very srurdy to say the least.
    jmo 
    :-t
  • I think they can fix it just by changing the way the QR is made, because some has play and some has no play at all.

My bmw gt2 rim has almost 0 flex a lot less than the video shows with the fix, so i think the problem is at the factory and the quality process.
  • Does anyone know what size screw should be used in the two small holes under the display on the front of the wheelbase? I want to mount a dashboard using these holes.
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited October 2019
    Does anyone know what size screw should be used in the two small holes under the display on the front of the wheelbase? I want to mount a dashboard using these holes.
    M6, no more than 10mm deep.
  • edited October 2019
    There are a lot of new videos showing that the Flex issue was a bad installing procedure, not turning the locking ring to touch the rubber ring and be careful not to compress it. If you do not make the locking ring touch the rubber ring you are prone to flex. I have a DD2 with Clubsport Formula V2 with any kind of flex. 
  • I have 3 QR's. The one on my USB Hub is the tightest. The one on my Formula V2 is looser but not too bad. The one that came on my Podium Hub is way too loose and I am not happy at all. Tightening the rubber has little to do with the problem. When the QR sleeve is too large there is nothing that will prevent wobble. Even with a z-ring on one end the other end still wobbles. I think this is the biggest reason why people would avoid this product and go to the competitors instead.
    I have 3 QR's. The one on my USB Hub is the tightest. The one on my Formula V2 is looser but not too bad. The one that came on my Podium Hub is way too loose and I am not happy at all. Tightening the rubber has little to do with the problem. When the QR sleeve is too large there is nothing that will prevent wobble. Even with a z-ring on one end the other end still wobbles. I think this is the biggest reason why people would avoid this product and go to the competitors instead.
    It is something we've been investigating. You'll hear more information about it soon.
  • Dominic Brennan

"It is something we've been investigating. You'll hear more information about it soon."

Any update on this ?

• Hello everyone,

I have purchased a DD1 and it works super with my Carbon Formula wheel in high torque mode with the dongle inserted. As soon as I put my McLaren wheel on it goes to low torque mode ... Do I have to change the plastic clamp for the podium one or the alloy quick release?

As soon as I take the McLaren wheel off and put the Formula wheel it goes back to hitorque... ?? Got me beat. Trying to fond some info on the internet but I should just ask the experts on here :)

Cheers

MK

• Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited November 2019

@Matthew Kingsley

I believe that is by design to protect the plastic QR . To get HT, you would need to upgrade to the ClubSport QR. I have the CS QR and get HT with the McL rim.

• The Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel can be ordered in either Suede or Leather that are 32 cm wheels. https://fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/podium-steering-wheel-porsche-911-gt3-r-leather The Podium Button Module Endurance https://fanatec.com/us-en/accessories/steering-wheel-accessories/podium-button-module-endurance which is a component of the Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel states that it is compatible with the R300 wheel rims. The R300 wheel rim is 2 cm narrower and 50 grams lighter than the Porsche 911 GT3 R wheels.

Could you please provide a picture of the R300 mounted to the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R as a replacement? Of interest are the APM and Podium Button Module Endurance clearances.

Thank you.

• I just got my Podium PS4 yesterday, installed it on my Simetik rig, updated firmwares with driver V346 and I must say it works like a charm!

Really nice quality, very decent force feedback, I can feel much more of the road, tires and grip than I could with my CSL Elite.

Super stable on the Simetik rig, very happy with the setup.

I also mounted my Static Shifter Paddles. They are quite some distance away from the steering wheel though, even at their most streched-out configuration. From my Drift wheel for example they're about 12cm away.

For now I have the Drift/XboxHub wheel and Formula V2. I just ordered the new R330/XboxHub as well and will order the new GT3 wheel when it is out in a few weeks.

Does anyone else have a collection of wheels and which do you use for what?

• I tested the Podium a bit last night in races I know well in FM7 and FH4. The results baffled me.

I'm not an expert in any way, just someone enjoying race-games with a wheel.

I use the Podium almost with stock settings: increased FFB to 50% and natural friction to 20%. Brake Force I put on 80% just like I did with the CSL Elite since I still use the same pedals.

• There is a 3-lap race in Forza Motorsport 7 I know really well since I used it a lot for testing settings with my CSL Elite: the Prague circuit with a BMW M2. After only the second 3-lap race with the Podium I managed to lower my best lap time ever with almost 4 seconds on pretty short laps. Damn!
    • Now I never was able to drive well in Forza Horizon 4 with the CSL, when I tried the car spun out so much so I always went back to a controller and automatic shifting. With the Podium however I am able to win races in FH4 in manual with clutch, no other settings changed in the game. Damn again! I must say it's still a bit quirky when the car starts spinning out in FH4 though but I can keep it from spinning out. Really nice to finally be able to use a wheel in that game.

So I'm really happy with my purchase, the Podium turns out to be exactly what I needed. Going to try some Assetto Corsa today.

• Very high cogging appears here with DD2, tried all firmwares 335/345/346... still here. Very jerky even on the graph. Tried on my games AC and ACC.

I'm not really lucky since now...