Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

1192021222325»

Comments

• Hello all. I have unboxed my new DD1 and had this bolt included (as well as the M6x20 cylinder head bolt for the simplified quick release). This particular bolt is not mentioned in the "what's included" diagram of the quick guide or the manual. My question: what is this used for? Many thanks!

• This looks like a bolt for ClubSport Quick Release Adapter.

• Hristo Goshev 4:04AM

Gary YewellAug 1, 2021

https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/295/QCLE4G0BYEVB.jpg

Hello all. I have unboxed my new DD1 and had this bolt included (as well as the M6x20 cylinder head bolt for the simplified quick release). This particular bolt is not mentioned in the "what's included" diagram of the quick guide or the manual. My question: what is this used for? Many thanks!

Better hold onto that then! Thanks Hristo!

• Hi Gary,

Hristo is correct, this is an optional bolt that comes with all wheels that use the metal QR. However, due to the position of the rubber gasket on the Podium wheel base QR shaft, the standard bolt (that comes with the wheels) isn't quite long enough to reach the threaded hole, which is why we include it with the Podium wheel base packages (the M6 bolt for the original simplified QR is also slightly longer than the bolt included with those older CSL wheels).

The longer bolt for the metal QR was not originally included in the Podium wheel base packages, which is why it is missing from the QGs and manuals. However I have reported this and we will update them, so thank you for pointing that out!

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• First of all, I apologize if my query was already discussed in the past. My problem is: The angle of the PodiumDD2 mounted on a DOF Reality H3 platform is perfectly flat, the wheel is perpendicular to the floor, and is not realistic, nor comfortable. Is there any option to purchase a some sort of bracket that has some angle options?

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Hi Naotoshi, the only brackets we offer that have some angle adjustment are the Podium Mounting Brackets, which aren't suitable in your case. There might be solutions from third party manufacturers, or you may need to fabricate something yourself.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I do have a small feature request if possible down the line, and this might be useful for all. An 'auto off' if no activity is detected for wheelbases. Not sure if that's actually possible, but sometimes I'd like to just hit shutdown on the PC and just walk away. I have only had the base just over a week so if there is something like that in it already, I'd like to know! Thanks!

• My DD2 wheel base is shutting down mid game out of nowhere... I've seen some people reporting similar bugs, any ideas?