Announcing the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 and Podium Advanced Paddle Module

Comments

• just a question (probably off-topic) , will the limited edition "black friday" 2018 f1 steering wheel (which I preordered btw.. ) be compatible with PS4 if attached to CSL elite ps4 base (which I own btw..) ? Really hope so... 
    thanks.

BR.
  • just a question (probably off-topic) , will the limited edition "black friday" 2018 f1 steering wheel (which I preordered btw.. ) be compatible with PS4 if attached to CSL elite ps4 base (which I own btw..) ? Really hope so... 
    thanks.

BR.
    every steering wheel is PS4 ready and will work when you attach it to a PS4 compatible wheel base. So - yes.
  • every steering wheel is PS4 ready and will work when you attach it to a PS4 compatible wheel base. So - yes.
    Thanks a lot, and do you know if the PS exchangeable button caps will be available for the F1 2018 limited edition wheel?  I assume no since there's no mention of them into f1 2018 limited edition product page.
  • Really like the looks of the new F1 racing wheels, great job! Are there any plans on releasing similar ones with xbox compatibility?
    How about a really nice red and black version for Xbox One? YES!
  • WHY WHY WHY nned buy a expensive bundle, Why not only buy the direct drive PS4, sorry I hate this **** blue wheel, it's look like a thrustmaster **** toy.
  • Do you maybe have some pictures off the podium DD PS4 Base bold positions and measurments f the podium dd ps4 base bold positions 
    WHY WHY WHY nned buy a expensive bundle, Why not only buy the direct drive PS4, sorry I hate this **** blue wheel, it's look like a thrustmaster **** toy.
    It those not look like a toy and blue is a beautifull color
  • It would be great if the ClubSport Pedals V3 red tint would be blue so it would more fit the DD PS4 Podium ????
  • It would be great if the ClubSport Pedals V3 red tint would be blue so it would more fit the DD PS4 Podium ????
    Podium Pedals V1 with blue tint coming soon?? ;)
    Podium Pedals V1 with blue tint coming soon?? ;)
    If so i need to change my v3 order
  • Will the DD1-base for PS4 be available as stand alone without a wheel?
  • Will the DD1-base for PS4 be available as stand alone without a wheel?
    They have already metioned that Sony does not want the wheel or the PS4 DD base to be sold separately, so NO...

• I have no use for the Wheel from the PS4 DD Package, i want the base tho. I wonder if i can sell it for a good price on ebay...
  • edited December 2018
  • I have no use for the Wheel from the PS4 DD Package, i want the base tho. I wonder if i can sell it for a good price on ebay...
    Considering the only way to get the blue wheel is with the PS4 DD1, then I'd imagine you can get a VERY good price on eBay as it would be somewhat rare compared to the other new Formula wheels.
  • edited December 2018
    Will the DD1-base for PS4 be available as stand alone without a wheel?
    Later it will, I suppose. Right like CSL Elite Wheel Base + for PS4.

Will it have compatible mode for long ago released games like DriveClub?
  • Compatibility to old titles like Driveclub is interesting to know. I like all these purple, red, blue and yellow modes supported by the PS4 CSL Elite Base. Can we expect something similar here?
  • Can I use the CSL Elite rim with this DD F1 wheelbase?  I've never used a formula rim before.

And, is there any guarantees that this will work on the PS5 when it comes out?

Thanks in advance!  Looks great, glad you guys hooked us up!

Jerome
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited December 2018
    Can I use the CSL Elite rim with this DD F1 wheelbase?  I've never used a formula rim before.

Hello Jerome 

Here is a very good answer to this question:
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-podium-direct-drive-wheel-bases-thread.358875/page-48#post-12559568

And, is there any guarantees that this will work on the PS5 when it comes out?

For now, Fanatec keeps a complete silence on this question.
  • Jerome PowellJerome Powell Member
    edited December 2018

For now, Fanatec keeps a complete silence on this question.
    That is too bad, why would I risk spending $1,500 for a wheel that I may only be able to use for a year or two?  With a wheel like this (price tag aside) I'd want to use it forever and not buy a PS5 compatible version of the same thing shortly thereafter.  I'd recommend holding off on the pre-orders until they state that it'll be compatible with the PS5.  But, given their history with next gen console support, we should wait it out.  I hate saying that as I love their products, I really do, it's all I'll ever buy....it's just that I love my wallet more.

Jerome

• never ever did Fanatec try to screw their customers when it came to support, they have to play by the rules of Sony and MS.
    So tired of the whining every new Gen Console...
  • So tired of no empathy when $1,500 is on the line.  I never said they are trying to screw us, I get that they have to play by their rules.  Doesn't change the fact that it may not work on the PS5.

Jerome
  • It's quite funny that nowadays MS has been more friendly company and Sony has been is quite unpleasant and rude. In the past it was other way around. You can just guess how it would be with Apple....  
  • @Thomas Jackermeier Es wäre eigentlich nur fair, wenn wir Preorder Käufer, wo die „Katze im Sack“ kaufen, als Dankeschön und als Vertrauensbeweis ebenfalls 5 Jahre Garantie bekommen würden. Wenn die Podiums wirklich qualitativ das halten was ihr verspricht, dann sollte dies von Eurer Seite ja kein Problem darstellen.
    Eine Antwort wäre noch schön. Als Kunde und Vorbesteller ist das ein wichtiger Punkt für mich.
  • So tired of no empathy when $1,500 is on the line.  I never said they are trying to screw us, I get that they have to play by their rules.  Doesn't change the fact that it may not work on the PS5.

Jerome
    Youre right, i was out of line.
  • I just don't understand how you can be upset with Fanatec about support when the PS5 isn't even out yet. This makes no sense at all. That's like saying your mouse isn't compatible with Windows 12 and it hasn't been developed yet. Please straighten me out.

Keith.

• Hi, 

I have a question in regards to the podium advanced module, what is the range of movement in the analogue paddles? I cant use foot pedals and want a solid setup for sim racing and set accelerator/brake to the hand paddles. Is it driveable with it setup like this?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi, 

I have a question in regards to the podium advanced module, what is the range of movement in the analogue paddles? I cant use foot pedals and want a solid setup for sim racing and set accelerator/brake to the hand paddles. Is it driveable with it setup like this?
    Hi Shaun,

The movement goes through approx. 15 degrees and about 18mm of 'throw' and its most extended point. It takes some practice but it's certainly drivable. We already have a number of customers using the McLaren GT3 analogue paddles for this purpose, and the Podium Advanced Paddle Module will work in a similar way (but it is a higher precision mechanism).
  • edited January 2019
    Just installed GT Sport Update 1.32 and the wheel display is still not working. That's really bad again. I thought Thomas is in contact with Mr. Yamauchi and it should not be such a huge challenge to make the display working properly. But obviously they don't care. At least that's how it looks like.

I'm thinking about spending 1.5k€ in April for this new PS4 DD wheel but it seems to be a good advice to wait until the wheel has been fully tested with GT Sport. Because I can easily imagine that we might have to wait another year for full support. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Just installed GT Sport Update 1.32 and the wheel display is still not working. That's really bad again. I thought Thomas is in contact with Mr. Yamauchi and it should not be such a huge challenge to make the display working properly. But obviously they don't care. At least that's how it looks like.

I'm thinking about spending 1.5k€ in April for this new PS4 DD wheel but it seems to be a good advice to wait until the wheel has been fully tested with GT Sport. Because I can easily imagine that we might have to wait another year for full support. I hope I'm wrong.
    I have driven many miles with our direct drive system on GT Sport. Features that require our Fanatec SDK integration like the display require specific updates from Polyphony Digital, but that does not affect the main functionality of the force feedback steering system. It already works very well.
  • edited January 2019
    Fine, but Thomas promised he will stay in contact with Kazunori Yamauchi in order to achieve full support sooner or later. And based on your reply we should not expect that the rim display will work with the PS4 DD base as well, right?