Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• I definitely want to say thank you for the new driver and FanaLab package.

Everything is working as it should, I cannot see one single problem.

It seems, that I am one of the luckies here. Sad for those that couldn’t enjoy it, because it’s now broken. I hope, that Fanatec will fix it soon for you.

• Same here, best drivers and firmware so far. Everything went smooth and feels smooth.

I am tempted to install that WQR V6 firmware as well, extracted it from driver 372.

Someoene from Fanatec that strongly advises against?

• I think the fact that Fanatec removed it from the download and released a version of the firmware without the WQR firmware should be indication enough that it isn't safe to install. Probably not a good idea to push ones luck if you are having no issues like many others are experiencing!

• Luna LLuna L Member
    edited August 2020

I had made that assumption myself but then there are others who updated it without problems.

Hence why I was asking someone from Fanatec.

• Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with XBox and this new driver. Is this a known issue? (Video attached)

It works very well with PC, but it does not work with XBox. I have to rollback to Base FW Version: 664 to make it work.

• Wheel Base Model: CSL E Base PS4
    • Steering Wheel Model: Formula V2
    • Driver Version: 3.73
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 35
    • FanaLab Version: 1.47

Thanks

• DD1 user here and came from the latest beta 361. This has been awful for me. I am getting more thuds than ever before while driving and with no ITM just Fanatec logo in the background running 8 FEI.

Also reporting a new issue...randomly i will get a very metalic grinding noise and feeling as i turn the wheel and it goes away only when i exit the sim and reboot. Not going to lie am loosing patience as overall under impressed from a software side here. Im glad Fanalabs is running smoothly now but its time we get a final non beta driver

• Hi guys,

think i found a bug with fanalab or the 372 driver.

Probably Charles Hosea...ths is your strange feeling, that you get when turning in.

So as i mentioned some sides before its a bug with fanalbs speed sensitivity. When the feature is activated and you tab to the fanalab menue, when you are in game, it does some strange changes to the force feedback. It gives you metal klongs, when turning in and it feels, that the dampers are totally out of time. You turn in and after many miliseconds, the force/dampers come in. If you then restart the game and fanalab, all is fine again.

Workaround is simple. Just tune speed sensitivity before running the game and all is fine. If you tab to it, when in your sim, it crushes the force feedback, untill you deactivate it in fanalab.

Im using DD2, v3, Porsche 918 wheel. Driver is 372, fanalb newest version.

Beside this bug, all other stuff works fine. Ive uninstalled old drivers via windows and rebooted, then new ones and calibrated everything step by step....

So Maurice, probably you will have a look into it.

Greetings

• Marcus ToniniMarcus Tonini Member
    edited August 2020

I'll advise against it. It bricked the base of three people including myself. It's been over a week. Still no RMA. If you want to roll the dice, go ahead, Just know if you are one of the unlucky ones, it's going to be a long, long, long wait for support to do anything.

• It is indeed sensible not to do it even if it's tempting but they'll probably come with a new firmware for the WQR soon enough.

Are you in Europe and did you call support? Once I got them on the phone it all went pretty fast for me a few yeares ago when I received my CSL Elite DOA.

In any case I hope it gets resolved quickly for you!

edited August 2020

I heard from them on Friday. They asked me to try re-installing the drivers while they start the RMA process. Well, Monday has come and gone (their time), and I never heard back. At this point, I'm not holding my breath that I will hear back tomorrow. I've been waiting over a week now for not really anything. If I was able to mail it back last week, it would already be at the repair center, but, nope, it's still sitting in a box in my basement.

I'm in the US.

• I heard support in the US is pretty hard to get through. Crossing my fingers for you!

• Remi PrivetRemi Privet Member
    edited August 2020

Hi,

I just updated my DD2 and the installation was fine and easy. Thanks for these New drivers. It fixed my freezes issues with my Formula V2 Wheel.

But I noticed some Oscillations when I drive that I Never had before. It happens when the tracks has wholes or bumps. The wheel goes left and right quite fastly...

Do you know which parameter i could use to reduce it ? Thanks by advance.

• In the end, i arrived to stop oscillations by increasing natural damper. In F1 20xx recommended settings, they adviced to set NDP to 20, but I had to set it back to 50. Now it's fine ! If it Can helps someone !

• This has been a really good driver update for me. Sorry to hear of those having problems.

Also updated my settings to the fanatec suggested profiles for iracing and the wheel is just awesome now. (DD2+BME+porsche 911 rim)

V3 Pedals and SQ shifter are also very sound.

Only minor issue is that the BME seems to experience the odd lockup from the wheel base needing either a reboot of Fanalabs or unplugging from the podium hub. Haven't tracked it down fully but it has no effect on any funtionallity with the wheel/pedals etc but I do lose button functionality on the BME and the display will typically freeze on both the BME and the wheelbase.

Other than this great so far.

Adrian

• With these drivers, the 'test rumble' function for the brake and throttle on the ClubSport v3 pedals no longer shows up on the properties page by default.

To get that function back, I have to change the calibration to manual instead of automatic. Once that has been done, changing the calibration back to automatic still results in the test buttons being available to use.

In short:

Automatic calibration: no test rumble function for pedals.

Automatic -> manual: Rumble function test buttons visible.

Automatic -> manual -> automatic: rumble functions test button still visible.

• Hi Guys,

maybe someone have the same issue.

I've the CSL Elite and after installing the new drivers 373 I open the Fanatec Driver App and when I sellect properties for the CSL Elite device nothing happens....

Any ideia how to solve?

thnks

• Reboot with your CSL attached and powered on and try again but you probably tried that.

Try a different USB port.

Uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, all with your CSL connected and powered on.

That’s in brief what got me up and running again when I got that problem

• thanks Pascal, If was enough to change the usb port (I didnt remember that before install/uninsall severals times😫)

• Somebody, on this forum I believe, gave me a tip once.

What you experience is your previous USB port being kept assigned as a COM port by Windows due to a previous installation.

You can run Device Cleanup Tool ( https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html ) and remove it.

Start the app, go to File>Restart as administrator, find the Fanatec COM port that hasn't been used for some time, right click and remove device.

After doing so I could use the previously used USB port for my wheel again.

Hope this helps.

• David SmithDavid Smith Member
    edited August 2020

Also when you connect the base to the PC, before running the driver etc double-check to make sure the base is in PC mode after powering on. Sometimes that is overlooked.

Reason being I believe is since the driver is Windows-based PC for installation and updating the base and devices the base needs to be in PC mode to speak the same language.

• Indeed, easily overlooked. power on the base, put it in PC mode and I usually remove the steering wheel as well.

Then uinstall drivers, reboot, check it's in PC mode, install drivers, reboot.

Check it's in PC mode again and start the app.

And if it doesn't show up then it might be your COM port still being allocated by an old install.

For that you can change to another USB port but it's best to clean up those COM ports as well in my experience, multiple ones might remain allocated over time.

• I installed the v373 driver very carefully after uninstalling the previous driver and all went well, like a charm as usual. It is just a matter of taking our time and doing it step by step. I installed the Fanalab 1.47 after and it was also a charm.

These drivers are very good and I have no sudden spikes when playing F1 2020 and the clunck sound when shutting down the base is pretty weak now.

Thank you Fanatec for this great driver and firmwares...!

Podium DD2

F1 2010 Special Edition steering wheel

V3 Fanatec pedals

• Hi,

I have the DD1 xbox podium bundle and have just tried updating to this beta (373) from 356.

Wheelbase updated fine, motor updated fine, but the wheel update failed during update process.

Now the wheel isn't detected and stays 'humming' (slight vibrating) when turned on.

Any advise on how to get the steering wheel detected / updated from here ? - or is it bricked ?

• Do you have any other wheelrim to see if the base is still working fine?

If the base and motor FW went through it is likely that your steering wheel is jsut bricked.

• yes, I have now tried with an alternative Formula V2 wheel - and that works.

When I opened the Fanatec properties, it of course also wanted to update this second wheel - I closed the updater and just tried with rFactor 2, which worked fine. I noticed that the updater this time didn't trigger vibration for the wheel when it was started. So after testing, I started the updater again - and now the wheel was vibrating. I quit the updater, restarted the wheelbase, started the Fanatec properties/updater - and no vibration in update mode this time, so I tried updating this second wheel - and that worked.

So I just need to find out if there is a way to reset/restore the first wheel - or if it needs a trip to Fanatec HQ.

- there might be an issue with the wheel updater software - so if anyone else notices the wheel vibrating when the updater puts the wheel into update-mode, I would recommend not updating - but restarting wheelbase and updater until it doesn't.

edited August 2020

7 business days passed. 10 days total. Still no RMA for my base bricked by this update.

For free, we beta test their software. At the least take care of the people that get screwed. I had one contact last Friday that said they would get an RMA started. I patiently waited until Monday morning for the email. Nope. Last night. Nope again. Will I get an email tonight? Probably only in my dreams.

• That is why I not installing no Beta drivers. I not playing no russian roulette. I spend too much money on my stuff for that. And plus the waiting does be much too long.

• Also a DD1 user. Came from beta 365 and absolutely fine, but after upgrading to 373 and wb driver 674 I'm getting a lot of thuds randomly too. I drift in Assetto Corsa and have made zero changes to AC's FFB settings, but since the 373 driver update curbs seem to be clipping the ffb and thuds can be heard randomly when on the normal track.

I'm not one to kick up a fuss or complain, just thought it would be worthwhile commenting just so officials know there are more people with this issue and may need as many people to collate data from

This discussion has been closed.