Fanatec Driver 380 Release Candidate for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)
Marcel Pfister Member, Administrator
edited November 2020 in Driver Releases and Discussions
Driver v380 changelog since v373
- Improved encoder inputs on several wheels and base combinations.
- Fixed LEDs staying on constantly until triggered again.
- Implemented fall back function if WQR or wheel firmware update fail to flash.
- Reworked Xbox communication to prevent freezes, especially going into and out of the Xbox mode and while using it
- Added feature so XBOX can turn off the base through "Switch off controller" function
- Optimized UHX button mapping
Podium Button Module Endurance:
- Improved speed of processing encoder inputs.
- Added buffer to prevent missing encoder inputs.
- Fixed missing USB commands.
ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2:
- Fixed Thumb Encoder missing inputs.
- Fixed Thumb Encoder registering wrong inputs in opposite direction.
- Improved processing LED commands.
Podium Hub + Button Clusters:
- Fixed PS Button and Mode change combination on CSL Elite Wheel Base +.
WRC Steering Wheel:
- Fixed WRC steering wheel not able to disable LED rev-stripe in the driver
- Now possible to flash steering wheel firmware
- Podium DD WQR firmware update re-enabled.
- Updated CSL E SW WRC picture.
- Fixed min and max buttons of manual pedal calibration not shown if wheel is not attached
- Fixed issue of wrong device property page opening
- Fixed issue of not both device entries (of bases which have them) worked to open the property page
- Firmware versions included:
- CSW V1 Base : V679 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base : V679 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: V679 (NEW)
- CSL E Base: V679 (NEW)
- CSL E Base PS4: V679 (NEW)
- PDD Base: V679 (NEW)
- PDD WQR: V6
- CSL/CSW Motor: V22
- DD1/DD2 Motor: V40
- McLaren V31
- RFORMV2: V37 (NEW)
- PHUB: V3
- PBME: V14 (NEW)
- After the driver installation or firmware update, it is possible that the wheel base is not shown in the device list anymore. If this is the case, launch the driver installation again and run the repair function.
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving.
- BME MPS first input change after booting not recognized, fine after the first input.
- MPM has not its own image in the driver property page but inputs are shown correctly.
- If the Podium DD is put into COMP mode for the first time after driver installation a restart might be needed so the property page can get opened without an error message.
- BME mouse emulation not working correctly
Download (only if you've read everything above!)
Please also take a look at the PDF instructions if you have questions or issues, there is a whole trouble shooting section and updating the firmware is explained step by step!
Link to compatible FanaLab version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
This discussion has been closed.
Thanks for the updates!!
Thanks for the new drivers devs..
Happy to see the rotary thumb encoders got tweaked..
I was hoping the jolts on the ITM/Analysis screen would be fixed..
Will a new fanalab version follow shortly? I'm looking forward to the new flash LED logic..
Jolts are not going to be fixed anytime soon I would say. Definitely a topic for 2021...
There will also be a new FanaLab Version soon when it's ready, yes :) and spoiler, it has GREAT new features :)
Thanks for the info Maurice..
I'm excited to see what you guys cooked up..
Does the new driver bring any changes and upgrades for the csw 2.5?
Read the big changelog and you know the answer ;) hint: yes.
Is the mouse emulate ot PBME fixed? I dont see it on the change log or in the known issues list?
Also is there any change in the anti-cogging for dd bases?
Thanks for the new driver, installed all firmware etc perfectly first time.
RFactor2 seems fine, will confirm following ACC test.
You mean the issue that the mouse is moving when you turn the wheel? Then no, its not listed so its not fixed. But on the radar (not every known issue is listed as a known issue..^^)
Good point, added it now to the known issues
There are no changes to the anti-cogging
Thank you Marcel and all the testers.
yeah install was great.. I don't have issues before except 373 was a pig with the flash Ui...
When is a non-beta updated driver going to release? We are over 1 year now on v346.
As Marcel wonderfully explained on Facebook...
This driver 380 is planned to be non-beta soon on all product pages if there are no new critical issues found with it.
Great milestone Marcel!
I know there are still some items on the todo list, but having a stable driver on the product pages will be a huge help to customers, especially new ones as there was always some confusion on what driver was needed.
I look forward to this and future updates!
I agree with that. What's the last driver that was considered "stable" anyway?
Updating my DD1, PBME und Formula V2 from 372 worked without any problems, thx for the update.
Post says CSL/CSW Motor: V22 but wheel properties still shows V20
mhm? Then you didnt updated to v22 yet.
V22 is included in the drivers since years now..
Well, I installed this and initially thought my issues were fixed. But after 45 mins the PBME locked up again - lights stuck and no buttons worked. Shifter pedals and steering still fine. Tabbed to Fanalab and refreshed my devices - the PBME disappeared and Fanalab only saw the Podium Hub. Opened the Fanatec Wheel Property Page and it also couldn't see the PBME. Pulled the wheel off then replaced it and all back to normal - until the next time!
sounds more like a hardware issue and not like anything which can be fixed via firmware.
You should contact the support.
Thanks Maurice - what do you think is the likely culprit, the QR shaft, the PH or the BME?
could be anything which only the support can answer you.
sorry seems my mistake, please ignore this post
Seem to have successfully updated everything:
CSW V2.5 base, F1 2020 and PBME on Podium Hub
Am I correct in thinking that McLaren GT3 and the Universal Hub, do not require any update?
I haven't actually driven any of the wheels yet, only tested all the components in properties page.
Only issue I have found so far is that I can swap all the wheels around with the wheelbase switched on...except the McLaren GT3. When I connect the McLaren wheel it now instantly powers the wheelbase down. I guess it's not that big a deal in so far as I can power the wheelbase up again, but it never did that before. I hope this is not a precursor to some other problem?.
McLaren doesnt have a new Firmware and the Universal Hub doesnt have its own firmware so cant be updated at all. ^^
The last public stable one was 346 but already 373 I would say was very stable, only some more not critical issue we weren't happy about caused it to not end up on all product pages as non-beta.
Many thanks, Maurice.
Any thoughts on why connecting the McLaren GT3 now turns the wheel base off?
Unable to contact Support - page doesn't work. Select my product from my products list, click support, go through the FAQs, get to the page where i can write the message, do so, click the button to send the message and the page simply refreshes. Tried a dozen times in two different browsers.