Fanatec Driver 380 Release Candidate for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• No this was not a normal jolt. It felt like a full power jolt and not related to the curb. It happened once in this recent update, but hasn't happened in a long time since before then.

• I have the same knock/jolt too on a DD1 using driver version 380 , also had it on V373.

The base is only 2 weeks old , for me it is a random very loud/harsh jolt not related to the FFb of the game , happens every now and then.

A couple of time it scared the crap out of me as it is totally out of the blue and very loud/harsh and not consistent with the FFB from the game.

This all on WRC 9 as that's all i have played so far.

I came from the CSW V2.5 and obviously never had this issue.

• Marcel, also for the heck of it, i just started to install 380 again, and clicked to "repair" the installation

Heres the new logs attached. All files look fine except the FwFanatecSetup.log which says:

(logs attached in this message... it seems like it's not opening windows services or registry, or something like that)

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

Call: Apr 23 2020 09:59:50

OSVersion: Windows 10

[START TRACE]

Install Start

ASDeleteDesktopShortcut failed!

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060

Service does not exists

Remove service: ServiceOpen failed

ASServiceUninstall failed!

ASPreInstallRegistryCleanup: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 183

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::RegistryPropertySet SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 13

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

Service does not exists

Windows10SetupInstall::ServiceOpen failed

Install End

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

[START TRACE]

Uninstall Start

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

Uninstall End

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

[START TRACE]

Repair Start

Service does not exists

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::RegistryPropertySet SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 13

ASRegistryCleanUp: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 0

ASRegistryCleanUp failed!

ASDeleteDesktopShortcut failed!

Service does not exists

ASServiceUninstall failed!

ASPreInstallRegistryCleanup: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 183

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

Service does not exists

Windows10SetupInstall::ServiceOpen failed

Repair End

• Yes Jolts are nothing new unfortunately and happening for pretty much everyone on the FFB graph Screens or the ITM but should be fixed on the default screen with the FANATEC logo. Until it's fixed hopefully sometime next year you should stay on that screen for the best FFB.

• David HawkeDavid Hawke Member
    edited November 2020

Hi Maurice,

I had read about that before i received my DD1 to leave it on the default Fanatec screen.

The whole time i have been using it , it has been on the default screen with the FANATEC logo , i haven't even looked at the other screens yet and probably won't until this is fixed.

• This version feels fantastic on the v2.5 Finally got a great driver for my wheel Thank You!

• Paul SouthamPaul Southam Member
    edited November 2020

I am unable to install firmware updates for my Formula v2 wheel on a Windows 10 PC. The new drivers install without any issues and I am able to update the pedal firmware.

Once the new drivers are installed, I go into Fanatec Properties and select the CSW v2.5 wheelbase, where I am prompted to update the wheel firmware. When I click install, the wheel flashes 'F' on the wheel display and the Start button light pulses in a circle. I have re-run the installation and selected repair, as well as uninstall and reinstall the driver, I get the same issue.

I have also tried to follow this procedure on a completely separate Windows 10 PC and get the same issue. Both PCs are up to date with MS updates

• ny help please?Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW 2.5
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula v2
    • Driver Version: 380
    • Base FW Version: 679
    • Motor FW Version: 0
    • Wheel FW Version: 34
    • FanaLab Version: n/a
    • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs: Attached

• I've tried to update the Motor FW within Properties of an older driver, nothing happens. Click update and the Properties box closes with no other activity.

• Dave KellyDave Kelly Member
    edited November 2020

i seem to be loosing all ffb mid game randomly was fine on 373 just involves a couple restarts abit annoying but nothing major, although I did have some really strange ffb issues as well where everything felt like it was clunking driving straight and even worse while cornering

I thought the motor had a fault but today it seems ok again on project cards 2 atleast it was, I haven’t re tested any other games yet but I had the really bad bumping coggy feel on ams2 pc2 and acc strange sorry was dd1 driver 380

• Which wheelbase? Please always report issues with the info about your gear included.

• Dave KellyDave Kelly Member
    edited November 2020

Dd1 podium gt3 wheel v3 pedals

• Hi all,

Witg CSW 2.5 and any rim (tested with P1 and Formula v2) on the 380 firmware and motor v22, I'm still getting the micro-notchyness discussed previously. This only happens after using the wheel for a little while, and disappears if base is power cycled. Workaround suggested such as setting dampner off doesn't work.

Only solution seems to be to downgrade the motor firmware to V20. Any update on this? It was listed as a known issue for a little while, but it seems to have dropped off the radar with no real permentant solution.

Thanks!

• Your not the only one with v2.5 base and an old wheelhub :).

Agreat driver and firmware, FFB is a lot stronger too..I can't tell you how happy I am. Great job Thank you ;)

• Thanks for the instructions Dave.

I followed them to the letter but, unfortunately, this has not worked. I got the option the upgrade the Wheel Base firmware but was never given the option to update the Motor firmware. If I clicked on update motor firmware, the dialogue boxes just close and nothing happens.

I managed to successfully install driver 365. when trying to install 373, the wheelbase firmware updates successfully, however it says there is a new version of Formula v2 firmware available. When I click on update, I get the same flashing 'F' symbol and pulsing, rotating start button. I am now back to PC driver 356.

Many thanks

• Sorry I should have been more clear- I do NOT believe my jolts are random. I think it's coming from track features, where the knock just feels unnatural or too extreme (it makes the same audible knock sound and feels the same as the random jolts that I used to experience).

• This is the same in my case. The FANATEC logo has always been on. But the jolts haven't been random (seemingly at least)- they seem to consistently happen on the same part of track, in ACC at least.

• Hi Maurice,

Having been slightly put in my place, to accept responsibility as a Beta tester, I did as you asked with retrograde driver installs and firmware flashing. I Subsequently posted the result, which confirmed my original concerns, but have heard nothing further.

Could you acknowledge that you have seen that confirmation that 373/674 works fine with the McLaren GT3 and 380/679 powers the base down, and comment on whether it is being investigated or not.

Many Thanks

• I was using 337 before upgrading to 380. The FFB of the new driver is very different in ACC

It is not as smooth as before and notchy. I can feel knock too. Mine is csw 2.5

Any suggestion of an older version?

• Jolts are completely random and not coming from any track features, bumps orr curbs. That's why Im asking.

• There are some Jolts on some tracks (eg Zandvoort) which are track related, feel like the random jolts but are FFB effects coming from the game. Also in AC and ACC when you drive into grass and back on track you will also get a kind of Jolt but its a game FFB signal ...

• Fresh install of windows 10, I tried to install the 380 driver: instant bluescreen.

I will stay with the 373 for a bit.

• What did your blue screen say? I had the same thing happen. I had to retry the install a few times but the errors are definitely showing in my logs. The weird thing is that the error starting happening on prior versions that worked fine before as well, even after a clean install of win10

My BSOD keeps saying Bad Pool Caller failed by wdf010000.sys

• Windows 10 20H2 (November 2020 Update) not only has not arrived without errors, but it is giving some users major headaches.
    20H2 causes blue screen of death, Microsoft recommends a "rollback"

• If you do a fresh install, 20H2 is not what you'd get anyway. You get 2004 and an OPTION in the windows updates to go to 20H2

• Ever heard of "Windows MediaCreationTool"?

You can download the newest and up to date version of WinX with all updates included.

Burn iso to disc or put on USB stick.

No more smashing the update button and wait for hours right after the installation.

• Hi Marcel and all,

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL ELITE BASE +
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2020 LE
    • Driver Version: 380
    • Base FW Version: 679
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 37

Racing F1 2020 on PS4 PRO.

After update firmware from 373 to 380 i found 3 things not normal comparing with the previously version:

1 - before this update V380, on V373 on the Wheel base only appear 2 modes: RED PC MODE and BLUE PS4 MODE. Now it appear a 3rd option Green XBOX and it's not normal because i don't have any steering wheel compatible with xbox only the write up.

2 - The thumb encoders rotary are inverted, the left is the right and the right is the left.

3 - It feels like the response of the buttons have a little "delay" when press.

(Another thing that i had already verify with the previous version (373) is that:

The 2 toggle switch, left and right we can press up and down, press up everything is ok but when press down the signal in game appear exchange.

For example: I mapping a mfd shorcuts on F1 2020 and everything is correctly even on steering wheel, i press left toggle switch up appear in game left toogle switch up and works with left toggle switch up. When i map for example the left toggle switch down, appear in game the simbol of a right toggle switch down but it works lik a left toogle switch down. This is not affect me directly because after mapping i know specificly where the button are and wich i atribute. Only make confusion when you are on the buttons controls and the symbol appear invert and you have to pay attencion to not wrong. )

CONCLUSION:

After all that,

i had made the downgrade from 380 to 373 and the first 3 points that i made report up, works very well withou any kind of a problem.

Only like i said about the toggles switch mainten appear like Ii explain before.

For now i'll mainten the 373 version and wait for news beta drivers that correctly the errors.

Sorry my english and explanation, anything you wanna know please ask.

Best Regards.

Jorge

This discussion has been closed.