Fanatec Driver 380 Release Candidate for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• All those issues are known and on the list so they will be fixed hopefully in the next driver.

• I am running windows 2004, thanks anyway.

I tried again later and the installation went fine.

Then I plugged my wheel and I had this message

I did as asked in the message (power off and power on the base) and I could access the driver and run my firmware update.

So I am running windows 10 2004

Base: clubsport 2.5

wheel: porsche 918 RSR/ F1 2020/Mclaren GT3 (I got an update for the F1 wheel but not for the mclaren that is currently running firmware 31)

pedals: CSP V3

shifter: V1.5

handbrake: V1.5

• Hi everyone... I'd like for others to please check their fanatec log file if you updated to 380 (or even if you have an earlier version)

I have had numerous issues in the last week with the fanatec drivers causing BSOD's which caused me to wipe my entire m.2 ssd and reinstall windows 10 on it. Ends up that even after the wipe, the BSOD's were there if i just went to cmd prompt and use the command "verifier"... verifier lets you check if all the drivers on your pc are up to date and dont cause any issues. It ends up that fanatec's drivers were causing a "bad pool caller" BSOD caused by wfd01000.sys. Same exact BSOD kept popping up.

I noticed the issue was lingering on my pc when i had a BSOD mid-race in iracing and decided to investigate the issue, as i've had random BSOD's over the past few months just pop up.

TODAY - i swapped out for a brand new samsung 980 pro (previous m.2 was the 970 pro)... i did a brand new fresh install of windows 10, and guess what, the fanatec setup log says the same errors in it. Seems like windows registry is blocking the complete installation

If anyone can PLEASE check their hard drive for their own fanatec logs and see if it says something similar to this below... I will post what my FwFanatecSetup.log file says from both the old hard drive, and the brand new one, so you can see the issue is definitely driver side... The fanatec logs are usually located in the following folder: c:\user\public\fanatec logs .... check what your FanatecSetup.log file says and please reply back if you see something similar. I have a feeling this is a more widespread issue.

Here's what my older hard drive's FwFanatecSetup.log file said:

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

Call: Apr 23 2020 09:59:50

OSVersion: Windows 10

[START TRACE]

Install Start

ASDeleteDesktopShortcut failed!

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060

Service does not exists

Remove service: ServiceOpen failed

ASServiceUninstall failed!

ASPreInstallRegistryCleanup: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 183

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::RegistryPropertySet SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 13

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

Service does not exists

Windows10SetupInstall::ServiceOpen failed

Install End

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

[START TRACE]

Uninstall Start

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

Uninstall End

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

[START TRACE]

Repair Start

Service does not exists

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::RegistryPropertySet SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 13

ASRegistryCleanUp: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 0

ASRegistryCleanUp failed!

Service does not exists

Service does not exists

Repair End

(youll see repair info because i tried to repair the driver install and see if it would fix any issues on the old drive)

BELOW, is the brand new hard drive's fanatecSetup.log file:

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

[START TRACE]

Install Start

Service does not exists

Service does not exists

Install End

Let me know if anyone sees similar issues...

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited November 2020

Hello @ Michael Roitman

Real sorry your having problems it can't be fun what ever way...

I have CSWB v2.5 and the older Universal Hub

I did look in FanatecSetup.log file and I see a lot of the same errors as you...But I must just add, that I have been a Fanatec customer for six years and tried a lot of beta drivers and firmware, apart from the average problems I have never had a BSOD in 12 years of computing let alone anything that relates to Fanatec.

I am surprised that the FanatecSetup.log file shows almost the same, but could mean nothing at all.

If I can help you any further, I would be happy to.

BTW I have Windows 10 Pro v 2004.

• In my case, after that mid-race bsod a few days ago I started to investigate what the error meant and it’s usually associated with drivers and i checked everywhere until i decided to wipe the drive and during a reinstall of the fanatec drivers the same bsod happened. And when checking the win10 driver verifier i would end up having to restore to a point before the fanatec driver installation, otherwise the bsod would still come up. Ive used beta drivers for a while as well but recently it started causing an issue.

• hello. Is it possible to do a downgrade at 373 only for the base? Or I have to downgrade all?

this driver is not good for me. The base now is so hard and much strong and the ffb is not linear as driver 373.

I have Dd2 and podium porche module bottom with podium hub and magnetic paddle.

• The FFB was not changed from 373 to 380. It's placebo most likely.

• install the driver again and click on repair, that should fix the problem

• Here is what I get with " .\Fanatec_64_driver_380_RC.msi /help" in a Powershell Window:

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.20251.1 

msiexec /Option <Erforderliche Parameter> [Optionale Parameter]

Installationsoptionen

</package | /i> <Produkt.msi>

Installiert oder konfiguriert ein Produkt.

/a <Produkt.msi>

Administrative Installation - Installiert ein Produkt im Netzwerk.

/j<u|m> <Produkt.msi> [/t <Transformliste] [/g <Sprach-ID>]

Kündigt ein Produkt an - m für alle Benutzer, u für den aktuellen Benutzer

</uninstall | /x> <Produkt.msi | Produktcode>

Deinstalliert das Produkt.

Anzeigeoptionen

/quiet

Hintergrundmodus, keine Benutzerinteraktion

/passive

Unbeaufsichtigter Modus - Nur Statusleiste 

/q[n|b|r|f]

Legt die Benutzeroberfläche fest.

n - Keine Benutzeroberfläche

b - Einfache Benutzeroberfläche

r - Reduzierte Benutzeroberfläche

f - Vollständige Benutzeroberfläche (Standard)

/help

Hilfeinformationen

Neustartoptionen

/norestart

Kein Neustart nach Abschluss der Installation

/promptrestart

Benutzereingabe, falls Neustart erforderlich ist 

/forcerestart

Computer nach Abschluss der Installation immer neu starten

Protokolllierungsoptionen

/l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <Protokolldatei>

i - Statusmeldungen

w - Nicht schwerwiegende Warnungen

e - Alle Fehlermeldungen

a - Ausführung von Aktionen

r - Aktionsspezifische Einträge 

u - Benutzeranforderungen

c - Ursprüngliche Benutzeroberflächenparameter

m - Informationen betreffend zuwenig Arbeitsspeicher oder schwerwiegendem Abbruch

o - Meldungen betreffend zuwenig Speicherplatz

p - Terminaleigenschaften 

v - Ausführliche Ausgabe 

x - Zusätzliche Debuginformationen

+ - An vorhandene Protokolldatei anhängen 

! - Jede Zeile ins Protokoll aufnehmen 

* - Alle Informationen mit Ausnahme der Optionen v und x protokollieren

/log <Protokolldatei>

Entspricht /l* <Protokolldatei>

Aktualisierungsoptionen

/update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]

Übernimmt Update(s).

/uninstall <Patchcode-GUID>[;Update2.msp] /package <Produkt.msi | Produktcode>

Entfernt Update(s) für ein Produkt.

Reparaturoptionen

/f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Produkt.msi | Produktcode>

Repariert ein Produkt.

p - nur wenn eine Datei fehlt

o - wenn eine Datei fehlt oder eine ältere Version installiert ist (Standard)

e - wenn eine Datei fehlt oder eine gleiche bzw. ältere Version installiert ist

d - wenn eine Datei fehlt oder eine andere Version installiert ist

c - wenn eine Datei fehlt oder die Prüfsumme nicht mit dem berechneten Wert übereinstimmt 

a - Erzwingt die Neuinstallation aller Dateien 

u - Alle erforderlichen benutzerspezifischen Registrierungseinträge (Standard)

m - Alle erforderlichen Computerspezifischen Registrierungseinträge (Standard)

s - Alle vorhandenen Verknüpfungen (Standard)

v - Führt von der Quelle aus und speichert das lokale Paket zwischen

Öffentliche Eigenschaften festlegen

[PROPERTY=Eigenschaftswert]

Weitere Informationen betreffend der Befehlszeilensyntax erhalten Sie im Windows ® Installer SDK.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Teile dieser Software basieren zum Teil auf der Arbeit der Independent JPEG Group.

Think you need "msiexec /i "c:/path/to/installer" /quiet /qn /norestart".

Oh, and btw, you do a restart after automatically update all drivers / software, right?

If not I strongly recommend to do so!

• Update: In subsequent uses, this never happened again. I think this event only occurs if, after updating the drivers, the wheel base is not turned off and on again.

• ensi whats up. Great dashboard on simhub btw

can you translate that install in english? I think its showing us in German

• If you installed the 380 drivers, can you go to c:\users\public\fanatec logs and check what your FwFanatecSetup.log file says. I'm interested in seeing if you have the same errors as I do in mine. It seems that theres errors occuring with the fanatec driver install, although I dont quite understand what they mean.

• Thanks for the kind words 😀

Sure I can translate it (with www.deepl.com, as I have my OS instelled in german)

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.20251.1 

msiexec /Option <Required Parameters> [Optional Parameters].

Installation options

</package | /i> <product.msi>

Installs or configures a product.

/a <Product.msi>

Administrative Installation - Installs a product on the network.

j > u|m> [/t <product.msi> [/t <transform list] [/g <language ID]

Announces a product - m for all users, u for the current user

</uninstall | /x> <product.msi | product code>

Uninstalls the product.

Display options

/quiet

background mode, no user interaction

/passive

Unattended mode - Status bar only 

/q[n|b|r|f]

Specifies the user interface.

n - No user interface

b - Simple user interface

r - Reduced user interface

f - Complete user interface (standard)

/help

Help information

Restart options

/norestart

No restart after installation is complete

/promptrestart

User input, if restart is required 

/forcerestart

Always restart the computer after the installation is complete

Logging options

/l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <Log file>

i - Status messages

w - Non-serious warnings

e - All error messages

a - Implementation of actions

r - Action specific entries 

u - User requirements

c - Original user interface parameters

m - information concerning low memory or serious abort

o - messages concerning insufficient memory

p - Terminal characteristics 

v - Detailed edition 

x - Additional debug information

+ - Append to existing log file 

! - Record each line in the log 

* - Log all information with the exception of options v and x

/log <Log file>

Corresponds to /l* <Log file>

Update options

/update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]

Applies update(s).

/uninstall <Patchcode GUID>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | Product Code>

Removes update(s) for a product.

Repair options

/f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | Product Code>

Repairs a product.

p - only if a file is missing

o - if a file is missing or an older version is installed (default)

e - if a file is missing or an identical or older version is installed

d - if a file is missing or another version is installed

c - if a file is missing or the checksum does not match the calculated value 

a - Forces the reinstallation of all files 

u - All required user-specific registration entries (default)

m - All required computer specific registry entries (default)

s - All existing links (standard)

v - Runs from the source and stores the local packet between

Set public properties

PROPERTY=Property Value].

For more information about the command line syntax, refer to the Windows ® Installer SDK.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

You can get this information with nearly every *.exe / *.msi (as long as the dev is not as lazy as I am 🤣)

• Davide, Maurice,

there definately is a difference in feel between 373 and 380, at least on a DD-base.

It's not bad or broken, just different and it's not the driver but the base-firmware.

What I did was:

- uninstall 380

- install 373 and just downgrade the base-firmware to V674

- uninstall 373

- reinstall 380 and DO NOT update the base-firmware, even if it tells you to

It's just a personal taste, but base-firmware V674 feels more detailed than V679.

Might cause some problems with certain wheels/hubs, none here with a P1 and a McL.

• I'm not stupid .... I can tell if there are differences between 373 and 380. and I'm not the only one who has noticed these differences. and we all feel the same differences. even in the Italian forums.

I think maybe you should investigate better. in the meantime I go back to the 373 which were better

• I tried. you are right ... 373 is different

tha base v679 is harder and stronger as effects

the setting for teh testing is the same

base dd2

podium porche module

GAME assetto corse

SEN 540

FF 50

LIN OFF

NDP 10

NFR 5

NIN OFF

INT 5

FEI 100

FOR SPR DPR 100

BLI OFF

SHO OFF

BRF 85

• Doesn't change the fact, that nothing was changed from driver 373 to 380 FFB wise.

• obviously something has changed, because there are differences in driving. 👐

denying the evidence is useless. Fanatec just have to understand what has changed.

• I have asked this question before with no response, so I'll ask again. Can I check the base temperature of a CSW v2.5 with a McLaren GT3 Wheel? If so, what is the button combination I have to use. I saw a post earlier for a Formula V2 wheel, but that of course was a different button combo. Thanks in advance.

• Stewart ElderStewart Elder Member
    edited November 2020

OK I updated my v1 csw wheelbase with this new driver.

I now have no ffb at all.

The previous version worked fine. I tried deleting and reinstalling the old driver but every time it goes to flash the driver. It flashes the new driver. Even though I deleted it.

I'm i doing something wrong. Any help gratefully recieved...

• Did you update the base FW after the new driver was installed?

• Which steering wheel? Did you flash the new fw included in this driver for the V1?

• The v1 formula rim.. not sure what you mean by fw.

Thanks for the reply

• Sorry I'm tired ... firmware for the v1. Yeah flashed it .

• And after the flash you use the same FFB settings again? Wheelbase is shown properly in the property page?

• Yeah used the same settings.. but absolutely zero feedback. Wheelbase shows up properly.

I still don't why I can't flash the pervious driver into the wheelbase.

• downgrading the firmware is only possible by uninstalling the driver and installing the previous one, then just flash the included fw again. The driver will tell you that you are on the latest fw though.

This discussion has been closed.