Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Driver 402

Hopefully fixes the, Firmware Manager not opening when pedals are connected, issue this time. Let me know if it works for you, thanks for everyone that provided log files.

• Hi,

I was the first at 401, who sad this is not good. Now I am the first who say OK! ;) Working! :)

Good job! ;)

• Hello, I have the DD1 ps4 base and I have the same vibration problem with the driver: 400, where it is most noticeable is in the Formula v2 steering wheel. I come from the 346 driver and these vibrations were not felt, they can be felt inside the car especially in a straight line and outside the game as well.

Base firmware 684

engine 40

wireless 6

• In general the sensations are very good with the 400 driver if it weren't for the vibrations.

• As an update to my ongoing issue with the DD2 rebooting and this error;

As recommended my Marcel, I have downgraded the drivers to v381 and firmware to v680 (DD2) / v15 (BME). The issue still persists but with the 'old' error screen, so I have raised an incident with the support team.

Attempting to diagnose the issue further, I have so far;

1. Disconnected the pedals, shifter and handbrake AND with the host PC power disconnected, the error still reoccurs.
    2. Completely stripped, inspected all cables and rewired my rig, the error still reoccurs.
    3. Earthed both my DD2 and my pedals (the rig was already earthed .... but to be sure ...), the error still reoccurs.
    4. Routed the wheel base power via a dedicated UPS (APS SMC1500IC), the error still reoccurs.

I've ran out of ideas what could be wrong now, and am waiting a response from the support team.

Thank you guys.

• I will dream all these drivers and firmwares😅

Which usb to use for update 2.0 or 3.0?

• Dear i have installed the driver today so far so good.

After Update the firmware of my wheel with the New update Manager i facing the following Issue with my universal hub.

After the update was completed i can see the message in the download Manager tthst update can be done when the hub is Connected to the base. But it is Connected.

The manual update Funktion showing the same.

I installed the driver again anf Switched my wheels and have the result. Nevertheless hub is working finde.

Any idea Whats Happen?

• What exactly is your issue, dont fully understand... The Universal Hub can NOT be updated by the end user, it does not have it's own upgradable Firmware.

• Ok but the upadet Manager has shown me an Update an i habe done hub Update. And after it i habe this view.

• Still dont see the issue. The images are perfectly fine, everything is up-to-date, the UHX can not be updated.

• Ok thank you

• Yup, you disagreed with his explanation which included a line explaining it could be turned off if 'LIN on' max force was too low for a user's preference. Disagreeing with his explanation made no sense so surprised you brought it up again - still makes no sense. :-)

I was reminded by a discussion on another forum that people seem to think LIN is a sophisticated filter and not just a power cap.

I have a suggestion for the next beta - just remove it! The tool tips that appear in the OLED to warn if certain settings are set outside recommended parameters (like the potential oscillation warning) could be used in exactly the same way to warn that 'High FFB may result in non-linear response'. Job done!

• Wheel Base Model Podium DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model f1 2020 V2
    • Driver Version: 402
    • Base FW Version: 40
    • Motor FW Version: 38
    • Wheel FW Version: 38

hi, I can update everything but when I get to the steering it comes out:

then please wait and the steering continues to vibrate ... but it doesn't end ... what should I do?

• Not the person that asked the question but I see what he means, the description and the picture are somewhat misleading. The picture is of the UHX but the description only mentions the new CSL UH. For someone that might not be aware the new CSL UH is a thing they might misread it as the CSW UH, especially since that's what's shown on the picture to the left. It might be worth clarifying that or amending the picture in future releases of the software to stop the confusion for unaware users.

• Imo nothing is misleading. The picture on the left shows the steering wheel you have attached to the base, the Text clearly lists the devices which you can update. The ClubSport Universal Hub (UHX) is not listed. The CSL UH is a different device. Nothing which can be misleading here...

We'll add a text to that field to clarify this in future versions

Have you tried more than once and does it always show this error?

Did you Update the firmware before with other drivers and did it work fine then? Then go back to that driver and try it if it still works like before or also now shows the same issue.

If you have another PC available, give it a try with that one.

Is the wheel still working fine other than that the update is not working?

In case nothing works anymore, contact support.

• I tested my fanatec hardware at a second computer (my notebook). I’m wondering that I noticed much stronger force feedback effects in contrast to my desktop/gaming computer. These effects are so strong, that I have to hold the wheel, otherwise it will begin to shake at the straights. On my desktop/gaming computer it isn’t so, the effects are much smoother, I think a little bit to smooth.

On both computers I’m using the same drivers (v400) with the associated firmwares. Also I’m using the same settings in game (F1 2020) and driver (checked it many times). On both systems the windows version is the same, fresh installed at the last two weeks.

I re-installed the game on both computers -> no changes, same situation.

There are only three differences:

• The hardware of the notebook isn’t very good. So I have to set all graphic settings to minimum.
    • The notebook is an Intel system, the gaming computer is an AMD system.
    • At the notebook I have done a clean install of the driver v400 (that means no driver was installed before). At the gaming computer I have upgraded from driver v381. During the upgrade I have done a complete deinstall of the old driver as described in following thread: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1758/symptom-fanatec-driver-does-not-install-uninstall-correctly

I don’t know which of these two described scenarios is the right thing (stronger or smoother force feedback effects).

Do you have any ideas what the reasons can be? What else can I do?

My hardware configuration:

• Platform: PC
    • Wheelbase: Fanatec Clubsport v2.5
    • Wheel: Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Formula v2
    • Pedals: Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC

My software configuration:

• Driver: 400
    • Firmware: Base (v684), Motor (v22), Wheel (v40)
  • *** ATTN MARCEL ***

After raising a support ticket with the support team as per your recommendation on Friday morning, I finally received a response this morning (Wednesday);

----

thank you very much for your message. Please provide/forward your feedback to Marcel, in our forum.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Chris

(Fanatec Support Team)

---

As such, please advise how to proceed with resolving issue. As already stated above, I have downgraded the drivers to v381 and firmware to v680 (DD2) / v15 (BME). The issue still persists but with the 'old' error screen.

Steps already attempted to diagnose the issue further, I have so far;

1. Disconnected the pedals, shifter and handbrake AND with the host PC power disconnected, the error still reoccurs.
    2. Completely stripped, inspected all cables and rewired my rig, the error still reoccurs.
    3. Earthed both my DD2 and my pedals (the rig was already earthed .... but to be sure ...), the error still reoccurs.
    4. Routed the wheel base power via a dedicated UPS (APS SMC1500IC), the error still reoccurs.

Thank you in advance,

Lee.

• Ahh I hadn't realised the picture is dynamic and of the device you're using, my mistake. I thought it was a static generic image that's used regardless of what device you plug in, so I apologise. I personally haven't updated to this version yet (still running the 373 beta) so I having not used the new firmware updater software I didn't realise how it works.

Though off the back of this, I do have a question. I have a DD1 and an Xbox Clubsport Universal hub and as we have established the firmware in the UHX can't be updated, but the firmware in the Podium Hub can be. What would the differences be then if I was to upgrade to the Podium hub? I'm guessing it's just device/accessory support? Are there any features or updates I would be missing out on by staying on the UHX hub versus the Podium hub?

• Actually, unless you use the PBME, switching to a PH from the UHX means you lose features; a funky switch and access to the tuning menu. If these things are important to you and you have a wheel that is not compatible with the PBME then the PH is a poor choice.

• I purchased my DD1 mid 2020 or there abouts and have experienced this same effect since day one. Whenever I see someone post about this issue It gets no reply from anyone from Fanatec. I initially noticed posts like this one saying it wasn't there with older drivers and hoped it would get fixed sometime in the near future. It has not been fixed and I am concerned it may be a hardware issue since not everyone complains about it.

The best way I can explain it, it's like when you try to power/drive a small electric motor with a flat battery and all you see is a tiny bit of twitching, however with the DD1 it is not twitching, just feels like it. It is most prominent with my F1 wheel (it's not the vib motors), hardly noticable with my universal hub larger diameter wheel but definitly still there. It is felt noticably even when driving but usually only on straights.

I started on driver 352 and tried every beta since in hopes it would be fixed. I also went back and tried 345 to see if it actually was not there like others have said but I found that the issue was still there with BOTH wheels, althought possibly less prominant.

So my main questions for Fanatec Team is,

-Have you guys noticed/acknoweleged this?

-Is it driver/firmware related and can it be fixed with updates?

-Is it hardware related and should I go through the correct support procedures?

I only drive in AC, ACC and briefly PC2 but it is not game related since it happens in the desktop with nothing else running. My pc is win10, 8700k/1080ti and ssd, all system and drivers up to date.

Before anyone says, but have you tried....? Yes, I have tried all settings and combination of. I have tried all drivers from 345 onwards, following the correct procedures. I have tried different usb ports. I am happy to try other things if different to what I have just mentioned.

Thanks in advanced to anyone that may try to help and thank you Fanatec for the fantastic products and previous help and support.

Des.

• Yeah this is exactly the reason why I haven't moved over to a PH yet. I'm a drifter so use the UHX hub with a 350mm Sparco deep dish rim and all the external buttons removed for a cleaner aesthetic. It's so nice that I still have access to all the buttons via the top of the UHX - something that the Podium hub doesn't have. I didn't actually think about the tuning menu though, that's a good point. It would be nice if Fanatec released a version of the PH with integrated buttons like the UHX, but I digress, I didn't come here to complain about that. I just wanted to know if the differences in the firmware between the PH and the UHX make a difference to the way the wheel behaves or something.

• PS4 CSL Elite ClubSport Formula V2 wheel non-lc brake ACC only

This update gives me a good feel in my wheel the curbs in ACC stand out more in the wheel.

When I was on track at the beginning off the race when I was warming up my brakes I could feel the ABS/brakes in my wheel which I have never felt this strong before & it felt strange at 1st but when I thought about it it was ok, after a few laps & my brakes where warm it went away so it to me confirmed what I thought.

I noticed Brk.lvl which replaces BLI?.

But the big problems with the thumb encoder & stick dial sti there.

Can I mix this update with 373? To see if I can have this feel in the wheel but with the ok responding dials?

• Samuel WintonSamuel Winton Member
    edited February 2021

Hey guys - having a weird issue with drivers 400 and up on my CSL Elite (XB1/PC) and the current firmware for it.

In all titles the wheel is failing to calibrate correctly and instead for some weird reason it feels as if the wheel axis is non-linear.

The final stage of iRacing's steering calibration has me turning 90 degrees to the left, expecting 1080 degrees of rotation but instead it shows over 1200. Furthermore it appears as if there's a massive dead-zone in the middle before it even recognises steering input. 90 degrees of turning also shows in-sim as around 80, 360 degrees around 350, and so on until it reaches the stops at the end at 1080. This non-linearity occurs regardless of what I have the wheelbase rotation set to.

I hadn't noticed immediately until doing some oval racing in iRacing yesterday evening with a steering offset in the setup, so I was struggling with line precision and staying clear off the walls at Darlington as I couldn't accurately gauge what my steering input even was.

I was initially on driver 400, then cleared my control cfg files and reflashed firmware, re-centred wheel, etc after updating to 402 and the issue still occurred. I then reverted to 381 and downgraded my firmware, and the wheel axis was back to being linear as normal. 90 degrees left is 90 degrees left and calibrates correctly to 1080.

Given that I have a McLaren V2 rim on the way this month that will likely require a driver of 400 or above to make better use of its features this is quite concerning for me. I'll have some video later in the day if possible to demonstrate if necessary.

• Brk level is the force you have to apply to fully press the brake. BLI is the setting for the vibration motors in your Fv2.

The issue with the thumb encoders is firmware related and not driver related, so it's unnecessary to download a different driver.

• as Jean-Christophe happily ignored my message towards him previously I come back to you.

Which are your current tuning menu settings?

Did you erase the motor sensor calibration and see if this solves the small vibrations you have?

It's very difficult for Fanatec to acknowledge this problem, if only two people report it.

• Update the improve FFB was not the firmware update but the update from ACC bat imola.

But the firmware update does feel better & the lag I see when the on screen wheel is turning seems to have gone

As I have stated the lag when using all the dials is there & this gives me no trust when using functions 7,22,23,2,16,1 these should off been fixed in previous updates & still has not and I will repeat beta 373 gave the best response & next to lag, so if you can find what you did then & put that in the next update things should be next to perfect

This discussion has been closed.