Fanatec Beta Driver V347 for CSL, CSW (all wheels)

Comments

• rf2 gt3 pack's ffb is horrible though ;)
  • edited October 2019
    Where I can download driver 347.

Thanks
  • Where I can download driver 347.

Thanks
    In the first post of this thread at the bottom.
  • Where I can download driver 347.

Thanks
    In the first post of this thread at the bottom.
    Thanks

• Steven HallSteven Hall Member
    edited October 2019
    Keep up the great work and I like the direction of the software but unfortunately I have discovered that anything after v340 does not work on my rig.

List of issues:

System: Fresh install - Windows 10 64-bit build 1903 (all updates 01/10/2019)
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base PlayStation 4
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): P1

Driver does not install
    Driver Version: v347
    Base FW Version: v664
    Wheel FW Version: n/a
    Motor FW Version: v22

Wheel randomly turns off
    Driver Version: v346

Major in-game lag spikes and freezes
    Motor FW Version: v20

Additional info for this one:  I thought my PC was playing up for a while with intermittent issues causing lag spikes and freezes in games (not just racing games - also Rocket League, They are Billions, Jurassic Park, Sniper Elite 4, etc...).  After reinstalling the PC I was still getting the issue so I methodically kept trying each piece of hardware and driver I could think of (Keyboard, Webcam, Network Printer, etc...).  It turns out that any Fanatec driver with firmware after v340 is giving me this issue.  If the wheel is turned on after about 5 minutes I get major system wide issues which remain until I reboot the system (I have tried just turning the wheel off and disconnecting it but did not clear the issue).

System Fan ramps up to max.

Additional info for this one:  This is the weirdest one.  If the wheel is turned on and I exit any game 1 in every 5 times one of my system fans revs up to max but the RPM only shows it at what the speed was before the ramp up in the bios or hardware monitor software.  As soon as I turn the wheel off it ramps down.  If I turn off the system but leave the wheel on, the next time I turn the system on the fan starts at max and only revs down if I turn the wheel off?

I am currently using this config and my rig is running without any issues mentioned above:

Driver Version: v340
    Base FW Version: v658

I am able to replicate these issue if I install any driver after v340.

If this changes I will provide an update but so far so good.

Hope this helps the development and please let me know if you need anymore information/support.

Regards,

Steve.
  • Keep up the great work and I like the direction of the software but unfortunately I have discovered that anything after v340 does not work on my rig.

List of issues:

System: Fresh install - Windows 10 64-bit build 1903 (all updates 01/10/2019)
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base PlayStation 4
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): P1

Driver does not install

Wheel randomly turns off

Major in-game lag spikes and freezes

Additional info for this one:  I thought my PC was playing up for a while with intermittent issues causing lag spikes and freezes in games (not just racing games - also Rocket League, They are Billions, Jurassic Park, Sniper Elite 4, etc...).  After reinstalling the PC I was still getting the issue so I methodically kept trying each piece of hardware and driver I could think of (Keyboard, Webcam, Network Printer, etc...).  It turns out that any Fanatec driver with firmware after v340 is giving me this issue.  If the wheel is turned on after about 5 minutes I get major system wide issues which remain until I reboot the system (I have tried just turning the wheel off and disconnecting it but did not clear the issue).

System Fan ramps up to max.

Additional info for this one:  This is the weirdest one.  If the wheel is turned on and I exit any game 1 in every 5 times one of my system fans revs up to max but the RPM only shows it at what the speed was before the ramp up in the bios or hardware monitor software.  As soon as I turn the wheel off it ramps down.  If I turn off the system but leave the wheel on, the next time I turn the system on the fan starts at max and only revs down if I turn the wheel off?

I am currently using this config and my rig is running without any issues mentioned above:

I am able to replicate these issue if I install any driver after v340.

If this changes I will provide an update but so far so good.

Hope this helps the development and please let me know if you need anymore information/support.

Regards,

Steve.
    Update (15th October 2019)

With the above I have had no issues.

Rocket League: 2 hours game play - no lag spikes or pause

They are Billions: 1 hour game play - no pauses or stutters

Assetto Corsa: Online, 2 x 30 minutes races (15 drivers), 30 minutes practice and 25 minutes qualifying - no wheel shutdowns, no game crashes and no lag issues.

additional note on Assetto Corsa: with drivers v344-v346 I was missing gears on quick downshifts (I assumed it was my de-bounce setting was too high).  Now I'm back to v340 this is no longer happening.  I can also see in the controller setting page the buttons are much more responsive (with drivers v344-346 the buttons would sometimes fail to light up when pressed in the controller settings page).

Hope this helps.

Steve.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Unfortunately, I cannot update the DD1 wheel motor firmware as I get the following error notice: “Error: Connect device failed(Error: UartPeripheral() cannot open PC UART port(COM3), speed(19200 Hz).).” Any workaround for this?
    Does this also happen with previous driver versions?

Then I will reinstall the windows tomorrow.

Post back if it worked...

Latest Windows 10 installed but the problem is the same. Look forward to your help.
    If it's not working with any driver it might be the wheel and you should contact support. 
    I have the v2.5 and it does not recognise my wheelbase or steering wheel
    Things you can try:
    • Different USB port
    • Repair function of the driver installer
    • Manually deleting the USB driver in the device manager
    • Installing an older driver
  • why "DD users might want to skip this version." if this version adds new features to it like:

4. Podium DD now supports up to 2520 degrees of rotation in the [SEN] Sensitivity setting of the Tuning Menu.
    5. Fixed Formula V2 prompting two messages when booting the DD. Potential fix for the crashes.
    6. Fixed Podium DD Fan Speed 100% when booting while 0°C temperature and Motor Driver 0 shown.
  • why "DD users might want to skip this version." if this version adds new features to it like:

4. Podium DD now supports up to 2520 degrees of rotation in the [SEN] Sensitivity setting of the Tuning Menu.
    5. Fixed Formula V2 prompting two messages when booting the DD. Potential fix for the crashes.
    6. Fixed Podium DD Fan Speed 100% when booting while 0°C temperature and Motor Driver 0 shown.
    Because almost everyone reported bad FFB noise and vibrations with the new Motor FW v34 and also Sensitivity issues when running FanaLab because FanaLab doesnt support the new maximum rotation of 2520° yet.

Because the Motor Firmware which comes with this Driver is bad for the DD Wheelbases.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW Base 2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula Black
    Wheel FW Version: default

The chirping is back :( When booting the base there's no chirping, but when it detectcs FFB it starts to chirp. Really strange.  

Because almost everyone reported bad FFB noise and vibrations with the new Motor FW v34 and also Sensitivity issues when running FanaLab because FanaLab doesnt support the new maximum rotation of 2520° yet.
    Reading between the lines I am guessing that he would like to see an updated version for DD's that has what he mentioned available and not have the motor firmware etc
  • Chad HermannChad Hermann Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm currently on v345 because I was told this version is not working well with DD1. However I'm posting my issue here since v345 post is locked. My sensitive is on auto, I use this for iRacing and over the weekend I installed WRC 8 (Nice sim btw). The whole weekend I played WRC. Now that I'm back to iRacing if I leave my SENS to Auto it will not actually use Auto. Every single car in any sim now just uses something like 340 for SENS. I have tried restarted the base and the PC. I have tried using Fanalabs and not using Fanalabs. I have confirmed in the tuning menu for Fanatec it is set to Auto in the software and on the wheel. However it turns at around 340 or so. The only thing that allows me to use something different than 340 is to change it physically to something else in the menu. 

Edit: I would like to also add that if I do use Fanalabs and change SENS from Auto to say 1080 it works., Then if I set it back to Auto and save it goes back to 340 rotation. Where is Fanatec saving this rotation at??

edit 2: I have since reinstalled v345 and it's working fine. However I have not tried going back to WRC 8 and then back to another sim to see if the SENS setting messes up again.

Driver Version: v345
    Base FW Version: v662
    Wheel FW Version: v28
    Motor FW Version: v30
    Thanks for the report Chad, let me know if it happens again. 
  • edited October 2019
    I'm currently on v345 because I was told this version is not working well with DD1. However I'm posting my issue here since v345 post is locked. My sensitive is on auto, I use this for iRacing and over the weekend I installed WRC 8 (Nice sim btw). The whole weekend I played WRC. Now that I'm back to iRacing if I leave my SENS to Auto it will not actually use Auto. Every single car in any sim now just uses something like 340 for SENS. I have tried restarted the base and the PC. I have tried using Fanalabs and not using Fanalabs. I have confirmed in the tuning menu for Fanatec it is set to Auto in the software and on the wheel. However it turns at around 340 or so. The only thing that allows me to use something different than 340 is to change it physically to something else in the menu. 

Edit: I would like to also add that if I do use Fanalabs and change SENS from Auto to say 1080 it works., Then if I set it back to Auto and save it goes back to 340 rotation. Where is Fanatec saving this rotation at??

edit 2: I have since reinstalled v345 and it's working fine. However I have not tried going back to WRC 8 and then back to another sim to see if the SENS setting messes up again.

DD2 wheel base...I'm on FW 346 and I have Had this issue also a Few times Since I installed Grid 2019 so its very interesting that you are having the same issue with a different DR/FW and Game... For Me 346 worked Flawless so IMO its Not the Driver or FW that's causing the issue its Grid 2019 or Steam that's causing it...I mainly race Race Room, Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizion and as I noted the issue started happening when I installed and played Grid 2019... So far it only happens with Grid 2019 everything else Auto Sens loads correctly. ....Edit: I also remember this happening with ACC after a update... I ran the steam check Validity of game files and it said 3 files were missing after that I had No more problems with the Sen Not being set correctly when switching games...I did the same thing with Grid and files were missing and also re-down loaded... But with Grid 2019 I think the problem still remains as I had it happen again over the weekend... My Solution i set on wheel Sen to 1080 before I load Grid 2019 and had No further issues the rest of the weekend... There was a update to grid yesterday but I have Not played it yet to check if the Auto Sen issue still remains. When this Sen issue happens I have Not yet figured out settings wise a way to undo it...Even a PC and Wheel Base Restart will Not fix it.... My Temp Solution is I reinstall the Driver and when prompted i select Repair and everything goes back to Normal until I Load Grid 2019 with wheel base Sen set to Auto.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL E RW PS4 EU
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CSL E RW PS4 EU stock wheel / CSW RFORM (non carbon formula wheel)CCS RFORMS L E RW PS4 EU
    Base FW Version: 664
    Wheel FW Version: non

I only use my wheel on PS4. Lately i realized that the led bar on the stock csl rim and the rev strip on formula rim are both not working perfect. 
    I mostly play GTsport and Assetto corsa sometimes. In both games i can only see the blue lights only. 
    The wheelbase revstrip works perfect. 
    Also the 3digit display on both wheels stucks on a gear or a speed indication for some minutes and then works again properly. 
    When testing both the ledbar / revstrip and the display of both wheels on fanatec property page on my laptop it seems ok. Also when adjusting the brf value all lights work good. 
    Is it some sort of console bug or some firmware issue ?

Ps. I run the v18 motor firmware and i think even on a console is better than v20 - v22.
  • I'm currently on v345 because I was told this version is not working well with DD1. However I'm posting my issue here since v345 post is locked. My sensitive is on auto, I use this for iRacing and over the weekend I installed WRC 8 (Nice sim btw). The whole weekend I played WRC. Now that I'm back to iRacing if I leave my SENS to Auto it will not actually use Auto. Every single car in any sim now just uses something like 340 for SENS. I have tried restarted the base and the PC. I have tried using Fanalabs and not using Fanalabs. I have confirmed in the tuning menu for Fanatec it is set to Auto in the software and on the wheel. However it turns at around 340 or so. The only thing that allows me to use something different than 340 is to change it physically to something else in the menu. 

I have always had to use 1080 in iRacing....I thought that was just the way iRacing works. The Fanatec Recommended Settings post on this forum for DD1/2 in iRacing says to use 1080. I like version 346 better because the Map SQ to Paddles feature works. I have been using it for weeks now with no problems. If the DD1/2 display hangs at power on I am finding that the new method of turning the wheel 90' usually makes it work. (so far :))
  • Thanks for the report Chad, let me know if it happens again. 
    This is still happening. This time I loaded into ACC and then back to iRacing later and the Senstivity is not using Auto. It's stuck on whatever ACC was using.
    Thanks for the report Chad, let me know if it happens again. 
    This is still happening. This time I loaded into ACC and then back to iRacing later and the Senstivity is not using Auto. It's stuck on whatever ACC was using.
    Weird because ACC is not addressing the AUTO SEN at all, so no way it can get stuck on that setting. iRacing neither, both games are just using what you adjust and when no game sends a AUTO SEN value the default is 1080. 

Use the Steam file integrity check to make sure you don't have any missing or corrupt files in the ACC folder... I was having the same problem with ACC and that's what Fixed it for Me...in My case when File integrity check was complete It automatically Re-down loaded 3 files that were either missing or corrupt and I don't have that issue anymore with ACC since a few weeks... But I did have the issue over the weekend with Grid 2019...Grid got a update monday but i haven't played it to see if its still messing up the Auto Sen.
  • Just had a Go with ACC straight to Race Room then Grid 2019 and did Not get the Sen stuck issue....I been playing 4+ hours and all went well... Windows 10, Dr 346
  • Hi,
    I have now ACC 1.1.1 in conjunction with the current beta drivers in operation.
    What struck me directly is that the new vehicles in ACC Seasion 2019 are totally boring and undynamic. The old cars are still going great. I tried to read something about it, but I just can not find anything. Is this possible white on the beta driver?
    I can not imagine it, but neither are I surprised that nobody complains about this information-poor FFB.
    Would be glad to give a feedback, if someone can report similar.
  • edited October 2019
    Have you done this yet???.... Reading through All the update Notes is always a good thing.

"GENERAL NOTE: due to the significant restructuring of the user interface, it is recommended to delete your docs/ACC/Config/menuSettings.json file after installing the latest update."
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): .... CSW v2 .5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Forza motorsport
    Driver Version: 347
    Base FW Version: 664
    Wheel FW Version: 22

Guys I went from driver 311 straight to 347 because I was getting no vibration or forces in Forza motorsport 7 but no joy! Anyone recommend a particular driver and firmware version to fix the Forza motorsport 7 issue and how do I rollback (i.e. firmware or drivers first)?

Thanks in advance
    It seems that I'm in the same boat.
    Since I installed WRC 8  or Driver 346 (I don't know which was the trigger) I have also problems with the steering sensitivity.
    Nowadays I'm more or less stuck in the range of about 480 - 540 degree which seems to be reported from the driver in auto or set to 1080 on the function test page. The difference is in auto i'm only able to turn the wheel 240 degree in each direction and with 1080 i'm able to turn the wheel 1080 degree but the driver reports only 240 degree in each direction on the function test page.

Some games e.g. Raceroom overwrite this setting with the in game car setting if set to auto but other games e.g. DR 2 use sometimes only the reported value 480 degree even if the wheel in reality is set to 1080. So in game the wheel turns only 480 while in reality i have to turn the wheel 1080. 

The setting to 1080:

Reported value 243 to each side (480).
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Porsche 918 RSR
    Driver Version: 346
    Base FW Version: 662
    Motor FW: 30
    Wheel FW Version: ??
  • I’m running a dd1 with driver 345 and fanalab 1.12 on Windows 10. Would I just install driver 347 on top of what I already have, or do I need to uninstall 345 first? Thanks!
  • edited October 2019
    I’m running a dd1 with driver 345 and fanalab 1.12 on Windows 10. Would I just install driver 347 on top of what I already have, or do I need to uninstall 345 first? Thanks!
    As with most other pc software it SHOULD be fine to just install the new version over the existing one. However, sometimes this can cause weird issues because not everything from the old version was completely removed. Therefore it's recommended to always first Uninstall the old version and then install the new one fresh. But, as a DD user you might wanna have a look at the known issues of driver 347. It's recommended from Fanatec that DD users might wanna skip that driver because of bad FFB noise which is introduced by the included motor firmware v34.
  • I’m running a dd1 with driver 345 and fanalab 1.12 on Windows 10. Would I just install driver 347 on top of what I already have, or do I need to uninstall 345 first? Thanks!
    As with most other pc software it SHOULD be fine to just install the new version over the existing one. However, sometimes this can cause weird issues because not everything from the old version was completely removed. Therefore it's recommended to always first Uninstall the old version and then install the new one fresh. But, as a DD user you might wanna have a look at the known issues of driver 347. It's recommended from Fanatec that DD users might wanna skip that driver because of bad FFB noise which is introduced by the included motor firmware v34.
    Thank you, Maurice. I’m going to take your advice and just stick with where I’m at. I recently made the move from PS4 to PC and I’m still getting use to the feel of that anyway. Driving itself already feels a whole lot different on PC, even at the recommended settings. Have you noticed that too? Especially on cornering, on a PC, the the force feedback at the recommended level of 40 on DD, and 70 in-game, the PC feels more fluid and less heavy than on PS4
This discussion has been closed.