Fanatec Beta Driver V347 for CSL, CSW (all wheels)

Comments

• But we are not end users, we are beta testers ;)
    Yeah, that's a whole other issue. The last non-beta driver was 335. It's been 5 months since then without a fix for the freezing bug. It's fine to say "go with betas if you want the latest features first", but not bug fixes, especially not hard freeze fixes.
    Just sayin! :) It's upto us to catch these bugs for the end user...I'm sure Fanatec have try the best they can :) But I don't have any issues with this Beta, so, I can see what your saying :)
  • I tried it with this version of driver too.
    hi
    try an uninstall for driver, reboot and reinstall, reboot then try! :)
    Doesn't work:( 
    I got this with my formula rim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pzek6EwgsI
  • But we are not end users, we are beta testers ;)
    Yeah, that's a whole other issue. The last non-beta driver was 335. It's been 5 months since then without a fix for the freezing bug. It's fine to say "go with betas if you want the latest features first", but not bug fixes, especially not hard freeze fixes.
    Just sayin! :) It's upto us to catch these bugs for the end user...I'm sure Fanatec have try the best they can :) But I don't have any issues with this Beta, so, I can see what your saying :)

Ideally, it should be automated testing that catches bugs. Load the software up in a test runner, give it the inputs that the connected device would (the base when testing a wheel, the wheel or USB host when testing the base, etc.) and just test every tiny piece of code. Then, integrate all the pieces and run more automated tests. Anything crashes, goes unresponsive, calls a function it shouldn’t, or exits without calling a function it should, and the commit can’t be merged into source control.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW Base 2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula Black
    Driver Version: v347
    Base FW Version: v664
    Wheel FW Version: default
    Motor FW Version: v20

Went back to motor FW v20. It's much smoother and enjoyable. I also noticed when exiting the automatic rotation will be stuck at the used rotation with said car. I also noticed this is across all setups. When switching to 900 it makes a full rotation, but when going back to automatic it's stuck. 

Might be rFactor 2 problem cause the game won't reset the rotation when in auto-modus, of it's a driver problem. I recall it was also the same before the new tuning setups. I had to reset the rotation back to 900 again etc. 
  • Has anyone else noticed an issue with drift mode on a CSW 2.5? It seems that positive drift mode values have a similar impact as negative values and actually adds resistance rather than acceleration.

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW Base 2.5

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Universal Hub

Driver Version: v347

Base FW Version: v664

Motor FW Version: v20

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

That's since a couple of updates already and intentional in lower settings of the drift mode. Drift mode was setup too powerful before and caused more problems like oscillations than it helped. The origin of drift mode was to overcome internal friction of the V1 base, but since the 2.5 has very little of that it caused crazy wheel movements that make no sense.

• I want to know why i'm having this issue with every driver. I play iRacing. from time to time i get the steering wheel stiffen up. fanate dd2, doesnt matter the driver version or motor fw or anything. and then the next time i start the sim it is normal. i had no windows update this time.

You mean the FFB gets suddenly stronger? Can you take a look at the FFB bar which is showed while driving if the FFB output is higher than before when this happens? This could indicate if the game sends stronger FFB as before or if it's the driver or wheel base which makes it stronger.

• No. i load up the sim and the wheel is stiff as hell. nothing to do with the game as i have not touched the settings.

Could you still compare if the FFB bar in the HUD goes higher when the FFB is stronger. I've read about this issue a couple of times already but it was always and only in the context of iRacing which looks like it would be an issue of that title only and not caused by the wheel base. In our testing and by myself and other colleges using iRacing regularly this issue never happened. We also contacted iRacing twice because of that but they also have no idea yet why this would happen. You could also open a thread on their forums as well, maybe there are some more users having that issue also with other hardware.

• Thanks Marcel. Just to clarify, with Drift set to +5, it is now normal behavior for it to feel very similar to Drift set to -5?

• i never actually watch that bar so i have no idea what it should be. Still fanatec driver is the only one you have to reinstall after a windows update... so it is not impossible to have issues.

No normally is -5 most dampening

OFF most natural without any dampening (what I've always liked the most)

Then with +1 it has a damper again but a bit of the acceleration which supports your turning

Up to 5 this acceleration assist increases with lower damper.

If it's totally different to that and very dampening there might be something wrong, I'll give it a try with the driver and firmware you use.

• Thanks! I almost always run with Drift OFF, but decided to play around with settings over the weekend. I remembered in the past that Drift +5, you could flick the wheel and it would accelerate and hit the end stop. Now the higher the Drift number (positive value), the heavier the wheel becomes. I can't say that it feels exactly the same as negative drift values, but it definitely feels like dampening is being applied with positive values.

edited November 2019

In my testing +5 felt similar to OFF and far from -5

It's intended that damper is applied also with positive values, I agree that it doesn't make sense at first, only when you consider what issues it caused.

• Interesting, thanks for checking. I'll play around with it more tonight and try to capture a video of what I am seeing/feeling. On my wheelbase +5 doesn't feel anything like off.

The only thing I didn't mention in my initial post is that I am also using Fanalab v 1.12, not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

FanaLab can apply an additional damper if activated, but also only when you are driving in-game. If you want to check on only how different drift mode settings feel without any chance of interference, you can unplug the USB cable.

• I only turn left so I may be in the wrong place.

• Ahh! Music to my ears...Another Nascar Fan...NR2003?

• Wheel Base Model : DD1

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2

Driver Version: 346

Base FW Version: 662

Wheel FW Version: 28

Hello, I come to the news to know if it is soon expected a new driver for the Correction of Formula V 2 by inviting two messages when starting the DD. Potential solution to crashes.

• ?????????

• Lee RobertsLee Roberts Member
    edited November 2019

Anyone know why after updating to this driver version I have no cws v2.5 wheel or v3 pedals showing anymore but when roll back to retail driver everything is ok again

• What is going on with drivers? Can we please get a stable NOT BETA firmware that works with all our equipment? I was having some good hopes for firmware w/ beta releases month to month and now nothing for 3+ months.

Sorry for the late answer, we are working on a new release apparently there is new experimental stuff in that is not done yet and can't be separated but we will release something early December I think.

• MERCI MARCEL

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula F1 LE

Driver Version: 347

Base FW Version: 664

Wheel FW Version: 28

Playing iracing. Anyone experienced the sudden button inputs on the streering wheel simply not being recognised although the steering itself continued working, as well as the pedals. The rumble on the wheel then starts working without stopping or giving the true feedback of the car. Also the screen on the steering wheel freezes with the speed I was at when the event occured. The only solution is to turn off and then on again. Happened to me the last 2 times I used it, luckily on practice sessions only, otherwise it would have ruined my race. Need some help please. Thanks.

• Kevin LoweKevin Lowe Member
    edited November 2019

This isn’t a good sign. Commits should be atomic, so that you can merge them into your release branch without external dependencies, and your release branch should always stay in a ready-to-ship state.

• What is the best driver for a Podium PS4 for the moment? 346 or 345?

This discussion has been closed.