Fanatec Beta Driver V347 for CSL, CSW (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Your pain I can feel, but pain leads to anger, anger leads to suffering and suffering is the way to the dark side.

It's weird that when you have driver 347 installed it doesn't want you to update to motor firmware v34 which should be contained in it. Like mentioned in the first post I fear that you won't like how this driver and firmware feels on the Podium DD but if you want to try it anyway, here is the motor firmware file, ignore the message that you have the most recent installed, proceed with yes and if it doesn't load v34, select this one manually. You've mixed DD1 with DD2 in your post but as you've mentioned DD2 twice I've uploaded you the file for that one.

In case i was correct with that you won't like the feel of this firmware, downgrade to driver 346 by uninstalling 347 first and then also downgrade the firmware versions manually by again ignoring the prompt that everything is up to date.

346: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1054/fanatec-beta-driver-v346-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1

Keep an eye on the beta forum because we will have a new driver soon with significant improvements and added features for the Podium DDs. Hang in there and will the Force Feedback be with you.

• 'Hang in there and will the Force Feedback be with you''

How long did it took you to came up with that? :P

Not at all but now I think "...may the Force Feedback be with you" would have been more accurate.

• Nice, "May the Force-Feedback be with you" is a keeper.

It's not a DD2, but DD1. Too easy to reverse them numbers. Well, the FW was incompatible. I tried the V347 again. This time no screens vanished, so I could go through all the steps and after the WBM FW, the fan finally stopped. I can now go try this driver and feel what others have reported.

Thanks for the help and may the Force-Feedback be with you!

• Beyond the beta, are there plans for an official release? I’m looking for a path out of the fix-break-fix cycle we’ve been in with the betas over the past several months.

Thanks!

There will be a public release probably early next week.

• Hi guys, I have a Podium DD1 and tried to install the 347 recently, updated motor and wheelbase but started feeling the FFB trickling sensation through the rim (Porsche RSR) , thought I would roll back but it didnt stop. Old 335 driver shows the old motor and base FW but the FFB noise is still there, I tried erasing and calibrating the motor of course. Is there anything I can try to get rid of this please? :(

• Did you downgraded the firmwares after installing 335? Because the bad FFB noise you are feeling comes from the motor firmware 34. You need to downgrade your wheel base firmware and motor firmware again. But, 346 is already much better than 335 btw. ;)

• Yep, have been using 346 (and the included firmwares) on my CSL Elite first, now on mu Podium thanks to Maurice's recommendation.

No problems whatsoever. Never tried 347 due to all the problems posted here.

• edited December 2019

Depending on the way you see it every Digital product Dr/Fw is a Beta if the product is Not EOL (End of Life) .... I say this because No matter what the product as long as its current and can be updated companies try to Maximize and improve it.... Although this can be frustrating its a Good thing.

IMO If you Have DD1 or DD2 346 works Flawless.... or just pick a FW that works best for you and stay with it indefinitely until you read about a Dr/Fw that has enough good reviews to warrant you to update.

Phones, PC Software, Graphics Cards, Smart TV's, Xbox, PS4 game pads, Current gen Wheels No matter who makes them all get frequent updates.... The Real Problem is when the updates stop.

• Thanks, yeah I have removed beta, installed 335, flashed the motor + base FW and driver is showing motor v30 as well, so Im hoping that went well. So with 346, I should be using the v30 motor too?

• lee taylorlee taylor Member
    edited December 2019

why is the "auto" setting on the podium not being reset back to 1080 after a game closes?

some games are permanently changing this setting and it's messing up other games like iracing

right now i can feel the soft lock is stopping at 540 degrees, now if i go into iracing which was soft locking at 1080 when i calibrated in game the steering rotation will be completely off, why is this happenming? im on driver 346, this never used to be an issue so why are fanatec changin stuff that used to work??????

• because some games (R3E and rF2 for example) screw up the Auto Sens value - its a game issue, not a Fanatec issue.

• lee taylorlee taylor Member
    edited December 2019

ok my bad, can we get a "reset auto sens" button in the drivers please?

i've tried turning off the wheel and back on and soft lock is still stuck at 540 on all profiles

• But only since the new drivers. So I would say it's also a Fanatec Problem. I posted also some pictures of the stuck setting, for me it's most time stuck at 480 degree.

• My DD2 does not work flawlessly. There's a firmware bug that causes freezing. It's a known issue with no workaround and a fix is supposed to be in the next version.

• edited December 2019

What Dr/Fw are you using?

Every Now and then I get the DOR stuck issue... But It only happens with certain games...Ex: Pcars1, Pcars2... I think what triggers it is if i don't have the wheel in v2.5 mode when I load the game up... Ex Wheel is in PC mode when I load game and I switch to v2.5 mode after game is loaded I know for sure the DOR issue will be present when I close the game... I also was getting the stuck DOR issue with Grid 2019 if I leave wheel Sen on Aut... If I set sen to 1080 everything is fine during and after game is shut down... I haven't played it in a bit so i don't know there have been game updates to fix this.

• Hello guys i have a dd1 and since i updated it the ffb is weaker and DOR is messed up. I downgraded to 346 driver but I don't know where to find the HEX file to downgrade firmwares.

Thnxs in advance.

• You don't need any hex files to update any firmware. Just click on update in the driver menu and the bootloader will do the rest for you, just follow the instructions shown.

• Hello I'm using the firmware V346 currently (But this problem appears at every other version too).

Appears since the possibility of an higher steering degree (over 2000) was added:

When changing any setting in the menu (damper, strength, doesn't matter which one), It changes my steering degrees automatically to a setting over 2000. Also Fanalab or the Propertymenu sliders doesn't work correctly, using the sliders you can't go below and above to a certain degreepoint.

I always have to use the wheelbasemenu with the universalhub to take it manually to my wanted setup again ( that's the only way).

Even uninstalling and going back to V334 doesn't change this behaviour. When I change any setting the steeringdree will change itself.

I hope somebody can help, this is really frustrating :D

• If you want to downgrade, you have to install the older driver. The older firmware is included, all you have to do is click on update. That's it.

• Florian, when you install an older driver, do you install the firmware from within that driver for your base and motor?

If you don’t nothing will change.

• v335 through v346 are impacted. I'd either have to downgrade back to v334 (not sure how my Podium APMs would work with that) or live with it (which is what I've been doing since July).

• Hello again! I'm still trying to downgrade the motor from my dd1 because it's not working properly.

I installed driver 347 and then downgrade firmwares with no luck. Then 346 same thing, then I tried the original 335 and still not working , the funny thing is that even downgrading thru all the drives the motor is stuck on version 30.

Is there any way to force downgrade the motor fw.

Thnxs

• Which motor firmware do you want go get? V30 Is the default firmware for everything other than driver 347 driver package which has v34 for motor.

• Thought were more version of to! Then I'm out of options.

Thnxs anyway

• it doesn't want me to update the motor firmware to v34.

Can I do this manually ? Using DD1.

• Luna LLuna L Member
    edited December 2019

Motor firmware 34 comes with driver 347. You don’t want firmware 34.

The images you show is what you need: driver 346 with motor firmware 30.

I have the same versions as you have in that picture and those work perfectly with my DD1.

If you still have problems then check if you have calibrated your wheel AND your motor.

This discussion has been closed.